Deleted
    Seems like it launched 9th of july. How many game launched has had 24h queues 5 days after launch? Sure, first day there might be queues an hour or so, servers might crash making half the day unplayable.... but no game needs to have 24h+ queues 5 days after launch, it's just insane and very bad handled. And no excuses, I cant see any other game who hasnt solved playability issues within 5 days after launch. 5 days after launch most games at least let their players try the game, and mostly everything is smooth and working well after five days. So, as far as I see it... cant be worse launch than this tbh
    Last edited by mmocb8e9590de3; 2013-07-14 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    How many game launched has had 24h queues 5 days after launch?
    I can do nothing but point to your sig. GW2 launch wasn't exactly a dance on rose petals.

Sure, first day there might be queues an hour or so, servers might crash making half the day unplayable.... but no game needs to have 24h+ queues 5 days after launch, it's just insane and very bad handled.
    Most other games wouldn't have similar queues though. They'd have queues to login, not to get access. They're having the latter to prevent the former.

Deleted
    Launch problems.
    *cough* The latest Sim City *cough*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    I can do nothing but point to your sig. GW2 launch wasn't exactly a dance on rose petals.

Most other games wouldn't have similar queues though. They'd have queues to login, not to get access. They're having the latter to prevent the former.
    GW2 was what I meant with half a day unplayability, but it worked flawless after that... extremely smooth.
    I think that ordinary login queues is a way better system than locking players out in 24 hours+ 5 days after launch, I dont even think that other peoples login queues would make up in that long wait time either 5 days after launch. Also little communication to community, one twitter post once a day and not very well described about anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    *cough* The latest Sim City *cough*
    Please describe how it was worse =) I find it hard to believe=)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The initial release of SimCity on March 5, 2013 in North America suffered multiple severe issues, particularly regarding the game's requirement for a persistent internet connection. After the game was made available for purchase through EA's Origin delivery service, the high volume of users attempting to download and connect to EA's game servers caused network outages. Players reported experiencing frequent problems during gameplay due to the outages such as long loading times, disconnections, crashing, and loss of saved game data.

The server problems and negative feedback led some publications to refer to the launch as "disastrous"and others have compared the launch unfavorably to that of Diablo III, which experienced similar problems when it was first released. The issues caused online retailer Amazon.com to temporarily withdraw the digital version of SimCity from its marketplace citing customer complaints.
    - You couldn't connect
    - If you connected and lost your connection for a few seconds the game would disconnect
    - Random loss of save data
    - Random crashes
    - Online retailer doesn't sell the game until game is fixed.

Seems pretty fucking bad. And this is what people pay for.
    DotA2 however is free.

Deleted
    GW2 was what I meant with half a day unplayability, but it worked flawless after that... extremely smooth.
    Right.

I think that ordinary login queues is a way better system than locking players out in 24 hours+ 5 days after launch
    Well, I disagree. Playing a 5-stack if someone has to restart is terrible.

Also little communication to community, one twitter post once a day and not very well described about anything.
    There's not really much to say, it's a queue, once you get to the front you're in and if not you gotta wait.

You mean beyond the fact that nobody could play SimCity for several days but the people who were in beta or got in the queue early can play DotA?

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    The easiest way is to pick Dark Seer. You're not going to "win" the lane against necro and abaddon but they aren't going to win it against you either
    with his shield triggering from ion shell i dont know

being in experience range after level 3 without mass regen (or tranquil boots up) is hard af

Deleted
    what happened to solo queue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    what happened to solo queue?
    In preferences now, which is where languages used to be.

Deleted
    You would think they would announce a change like that with big red letters across the whole screen to let everyone know, takes me upwards of 50 minutes to get a solo queue game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Iirc, he was a "pubstomper" against any melee. I remember having ~20 win streaks on -ap mode as abaddon when i leveled on garena.
    Lane Axe won't be able to beat abaddon team, at least i don't think so. He (abaddon) has high burst ranged damage from coil+shield blow, so he will be sent to Axe lane and will rape him if: 1) Axe uses Helix to farm creeps behind tower (shield on creep and spam coil on Axe); 2) Axe tries to harass abaddon with Hunger, but abaddon will have enough time to kill someone while being shielded.
    At least that's how i remember standing solo easy lane against Axe from d1.
    I was thinking more beyond lane phase, you probably aren't going to get any kills before 6, so as long as you don't die a lot you can win late game.

Deleted
    How many days in sim city before everyone could play?
    If more than 5 days, then ok it's a bit worse.
    But not to have sorted out so that everyone can play 5 days after launch is just terrible, no excuse
    And not having enough server capacity yet means they are just poor and that is terrible as well, people need to wait weeks so they can shop for some extra cheap server.
    I dont know, most companies have their staff work overtime days after launch, dont know why this company decided not to... but could be that they are just... poor

you're aware of the fact that this is valve, right?

they haven't marketed this game at all since launching it. no ads. no tournaments. there is no big launch party. you have had the chance to play the game for almost two years (I got in november 2011 with ease), but didn't. now you've waited what, two days? you didn't pay anything. why would they even want to flood their game with new players before TI3 is finished or before their movie is released, if the trade off is fucking people who already play (and have played for a long time) over?

i dunno man

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    you're aware of the fact that this is valve, right?

they haven't marketed this game at all since launching it. no ads. no tournaments. there is no big launch party. you have had the chance to play the game for almost two years (I got in november 2011 with ease), but didn't. now you've waited what, two days? you didn't pay anything. why would they even want to flood their game with new players before TI3 is finished or before their movie is released, if the trade off is fucking people who already play (and have played for a long time) over?

i dunno man
    I dont know what TI3. But why launch a game if they were satisfied with the numbers of players they had in beta? Then they could just... I dont know... wait? And when you or I decide to play a game is of neither of us business. It's the company that fails to provide simplest things any other gaming company sort out just fine with 5 days after launch.
    Also there is a cash shop in game right? Neither me or my friends have problems buying things in game if the game is good, now we dont get to try and they are missing out of lots of potential money.
    Just epic fail, what else is there to say?

I dont know what TI3. But why launch a game if they were satisfied with the numbers of players they had in beta? Then they could just... I dont know... wait? And when you or I decide to play a game is of neither of us business. It's the company that fails to provide simplest things any other gaming company sort out just fine with 5 days after launch.
    Also there is a cash shop in game right? Neither me or my friends have problems buying things in game if the game is good, now we dont get to try and they are missing out of lots of potential money.
    Just epic fail, what else is there to say?
    they don't owe you anything, how's it "epic fail" if they don't let you play the moment you decide that you want to play? they didn't launch the game. they removed the need to get a key, and instead created a queue. getting people to play their game will not be an issue they are going to care much about until after TI3.

what are you going to do? not play the game? that's okay with everyone, i think.

Deleted
    Pretty much this, you could easily get DotA2 because everyone and his mother had 20 beta invites in their inventory. Heck, there were even bots distributing the stuff...
    I honestly don't see the problem lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Pretty much this, you could easily get DotA2 because everyone and his mother had 20 beta invites in their inventory. Heck, there were even bots distributing the stuff...
    I honestly don't see the problem lol.
    It's not the point that I decide to play the game tomorrow or one year ago, my point is that they have the worst launch ever. If they havent sorted out so that people can play 5 days after launch, that they think 30+ hours queue is acceptable, it's just epic fail. I cant see any other company handling their launch that bad. They launched the game so that people, everyone, not people hoping for a key for a game that isnt launched. And they really epic fail to deliver the service. It's quite obvious to me what the problem is. I think it's pretty strange that you dont understand it.
    You could play 2 years ago... fine, but it has nothing to do with how bad this launch is handled, do you understand now bro?=)

- - - Updated - - -

they don't owe you anything, how's it "epic fail" if they don't let you play the moment you decide that you want to play? they didn't launch the game. they removed the need to get a key, and instead created a queue. getting people to play their game will not be an issue they are going to care much about until after TI3.

what are you going to do? not play the game? that's okay with everyone, i think.
    The game is launched, it's called launch, and it's failing. And they own all their new players best potential service because they need to introduce their product in a good way. You sir dont understand business. If I want to make a game for me and my mom I make a game for me and my mom and you and your dog cant say anything about that. There's a different if you want to make a game public, free for everyone to try... you must provide quality and launches are important.

I still dont know what T13 is, but why on earth launch a game if ending that stuff before letting players in was so important? Bad planning, or just bad planning or I dont know, what was the rush? Because the game is officially launched, and not in beta, and they are epic failing big times.

Im going to nerdrage about how bad they are handling the service ofc, and hope more people tag along =)

How many days in sim city before everyone could play?
    If more than 5 days, then ok it's a bit worse.
    But not to have sorted out so that everyone can play 5 days after launch is just terrible, no excuse
    And not having enough server capacity yet means they are just poor and that is terrible as well, people need to wait weeks so they can shop for some extra cheap server.
    I dont know, most companies have their staff work overtime days after launch, dont know why this company decided not to... but could be that they are just... poor
    Difference is SimCity was supposed to be playable by everyone who paid for it upon launch, Dota 2 wasn't. The game has been easy to access for over a year now and you could have tried starting to get access when this post was published and gotten 15 keys by now.

Valve never planned on letting everyone play right away, they told everyone that weeks in advance, there's no reason to complain about it. You could even have asked here any time for a key, I had a good 50+ keys spread across all my accounts. I'm sure anyone who waited for 2 years can wait a bit longer and anyone playing the game is happy enough about Valve making sure that servers won't fail us old players upon launch.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-07-14 at 07:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Difference is SimCity was supposed to be playable by everyone who paid for it upon launch, Dota 2 wasn't. The game has been easy to access for over a year now and you could have tried starting to get access when this post was published and gotten 15 keys by now.

Valve never planned on letting everyone play right away, they told everyone that weeks in advance, there's no reason to complain about it. You could even have asked here any time for a key, I had a good 50+ keys spread across all my accounts. I'm sure anyone who waited for 2 years can wait a bit longer and anyone playing the game is happy enough about Valve making sure that servers won't fail us old players upon launch.
    Is it so hard to understand my point?=)
    It's not if I could play the game last year. That is not what the discussion is about. So... we take it from now. The game is launched, and how are they handling it? I dont think they are handling it very well. Putting people in 30+ hours queue 5 days after launch is a terrible service, not many other companies perform that terrible when launching their game. You mention sim city but perhaps even that game worked properly on day five?
    Sure, you bought sim city ahead and it didnt work.
    But to give you an example since it seems hard for you brothers out there to understand what Im saying. Imagine you walk pass your favourite store downtown and you look and it says "special offer, everything 50% off starting tomorrow" and you wait 5 days and there is a queue outside where you have to stand for 30h and might as well be 30 more and even more than that before you could enter the store. How would you compare that service to all the other stores that manage to handle their sale just fine... sure it was a bit crowdy on day one but on day 2 everyone could shop without any problem.
    I dont think you would think it was relevant to the discussion that you could have taken part in last years sale when everything worked fine. Because is it even relevant why you didnt take part in last years sale? No, because it's this years sale that's not working at all, and the service is so horrible it's hard to find something equivalent.

Do I make myself clear?=)

Deleted
    Analogy
    It was fine until you said they were selling stuff.
    They're not.
    It's equivalent to a store giving out stuff for free.