10+ Year Old Account
    Just a quick noob question on lone druid, i see people saying his bear doesnt benefit from stats, but that you can get increase attack speed and movement speed on him, does +damage work too? Just a bit confused which stats people mean, im guessing they just mean str, agi and intellect? So radiance would increase his physical damage aswel as the aoe? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Just a quick noob question on lone druid, i see people saying his bear doesnt benefit from stats, but that you can get increase attack speed and movement speed on him, does +damage work too? Just a bit confused which stats people mean, im guessing they just mean str, agi and intellect? So radiance would increase his physical damage aswel as the aoe? Thanks.
    Yes to all. Adding str/agi/int to the bear won't do anything, speed/damage/etc work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    When people mention stats they usually mean stragilligence, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are correct with your hunch, the spirit bear doesnt get the hp, attack speed, mana and whatnot from str, agi and int that heroes do.
    If people are talking about stats they usually mean those three and anything else is refered to directly, attack speed, +dmg, +health, +mana and stuff.
    All of those work on the bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Ugh. I am not sure how I feel about having to get (on) Steam to try DotA2.

Well DOTA 2 was produced by Valve, Steam and DOTA 2 kind of go hand in hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    If the answer was as easy as "Throw as much money at the problem as possible." then nobody would have any issues ever.
    So they are just poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So they are just poor?
    no, because solving the issue of overloaded servers is not just buying more racks

Deleted
    Love the games where the enemy is winning and they get so drunk on power they just gank and farm and not push and then they lose. Always leaves me with a smile when our mid is 1-14 and we win

So they are just poor?
    Yep, the company that made Steam surely is poor. Can you just shut up if you can't maintain any decent level of discussion? Your pointless complaints have filled 3 pointless pages now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Yep, the company that made Steam surely is poor. Can you just shut up if you can't maintain any decent level of discussion? Your pointless complaints have filled 3 pointless pages now.
    I wouldnt think they are poor, but what so far proves they are not?
    So far new players impression is:
    ¤ Game is launched, players locked out day after launch and cant play
    ¤ Company communicate nothing at all to their players, day after they launched their game that's supposed to be "big"
    ¤ Queue with max 50k players, also gives an impression of how much, or rather how little they can handle considering how many, many other companies handle millions of players with greater ease.

So please, show us what good impression a new player should be getting? If you at least try put yourself in their situations?
    Mine is: A poor company with no communication to their players that rush unfinished products for a launch they cant handle at all, if 50k players are too much... imagine if they were really big?

Valve earn more per employee than what Google and Apple does: http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2011/02...ne-mayhem.html

Mine is: A poor company with no communication to their players that rush unfinished products for a launch they cant handle at all, if 50k players are too much... imagine if they were really big?
    Then take your business elsewhere. It's really that simple. If you keep using a product you're not satisfied with, there's no incentive for them to treat you any better.

The thing is it isn't a typical launch. It isn't really game launch, they just decided that it isn't being classified as a beta and requiring a key. Most players who originally got into Dota 2 had to wait for their keys for weeks or months.

They want to have the servers stable for these people who served them during the beta to help make the game better. They don't want to flood the servers with an unmanageable amount of players who will make the experience worse for the people these people. Pleasing the community who is involved enough to be active in the beta(which wasn't even difficult to get into once they started throwing around keys) to Valve is more important than instant gratification of the new crowd of players(which could lead to bad experiences in game due to the stability of the servers, which is much worse than waiting).

I think they have handled it much better than the releases of other games and I can't fathom how you think this is rushed. It shows Valve care about the polish of game awaiting the new players by not giving them shit laggy servers to play on and massive waiting periods for games which would be a really fun first experience, right?

It's a shame, really, because the steam keybot was probably up to 800k invites by now, anyone who wanted in a month ago would've been able to get an invite in minutes. I think I had/still have? like 30 invites by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It's a shame, really, because the steam keybot was probably up to 800k invites by now, anyone who wanted in a month ago would've been able to get an invite in minutes. I think I had/still have? like 30 invites by myself.

/rant
    Get out of here please. You and your constant ranting, despite we tried to explain it many times, contribute nothing to the discussion game-wise. Such kid.

80 thousands gifts granted, the bot had way more than 80k.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2013-07-16 at 01:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Relicra View Post
    The thing is it isn't a typical launch. It isn't really game launch, they just decided that it isn't being classified as a beta and requiring a key. Most players who originally got into Dota 2 had to wait for their keys for weeks or months.

They want to have the servers stable for these people who served them during the beta to help make the game better. They don't want to flood the servers with an unmanageable amount of players who will make the experience worse for the people these people. Pleasing the community who is involved enough to be active in the beta(which wasn't even difficult to get into once they started throwing around keys) to Valve is more important than instant gratification of the new crowd of players(which could lead to bad experiences in game due to the stability of the servers, which is much worse than waiting).

I think they have handled it much better than the releases of other games and I can't fathom how you think this is rushed. It shows Valve care about the polish of game awaiting the new players by not giving them shit laggy servers to play on and massive waiting periods for games which would be a really fun first experience, right?
    How many other companies have had to close the game day after launch?
    How many other companies cant handle 50k new players? Especially with ambition of being big?
    And why do Valve even launch the game now? They cant even handle 50k players? If beta went well, why not stay there for a couple of more years?
    How many companies stop communicating to their players completely day after the game launched?

And it is a launch, there is nothing else to call it. And they are handling it like noobs, if they still exist as a company. As a new player met with this silence you start wonder what this really is. What in it gives a serious impression? Please tell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    Get out of here please. You and your constant ranting, despite we tried to explain it many times, contribute nothing to the discussion game-wise. Such kid.

80 thousands gifts granted, the bot had way more than 80k.
    Noone is explaining anything. You guys havent heard of the company since day 2 after launch either? If you have any information please post, because we are 50k in queue waiting for any kind of life sign from this company. We arent getting any. If you have any fresh information that they are actually living and that they are actually working on something... please tell. This silence is killing many of us.

You guys are just speculating that the company is in fact living, in fact serious, because it was to you a year ago. Cant you see that it's today we are talking about and so far they are leaving all new players in silence. What other somewhat serious company is doing that day 2 after launch and a week after? Please mention any.

Valve's community outreach is pretty terrible, should probably hire me as a CM. I think I'd be good at it.

But they don't really need it, which is why they don't have it. Steam is a big enough monster on its own that it is fairly self-actualizing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Valve earn more per employee than what Google and Apple does: http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2011/02...ne-mayhem.html

Then take your business elsewhere. It's really that simple. If you keep using a product you're not satisfied with, there's no incentive for them to treat you any better.
    How can they get so much money and perform like some indie game launching a game from their basement? Or wait, even indie nerds might be able to handle 50k players if they got a week to work on it. I bet they would even be able to post an update on website to their new players waiting. Because it's not that hard and it shows seriousness and that they do care about their new players.
    Why on earth would they else launch this game NOW?
    If beta went well for you and your brothers and the other people that played, and it was easier to be able to play than now. Why launch the game at all? Why not stay in beta 2-3 years more so they can prepare how to handle 50k players that wants to join the game within a week?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Valve's community outreach is pretty terrible, should probably hire me as a CM. I think I'd be good at it.

But they don't really need it, which is why they don't have it. Steam is a big enough monster on its own that it is fairly self-actualizing.
    I would pay subfee for dota 2 if it meant they hired someone to speak to the players, no doubt!