Quote Originally Posted by Archiul View Post
    I don't get the Na'Vi haters out there. What are you trying to do guys? Be different? Na'Vi is the team that does all those "symphony of skills" stuff WHILE PLAYING AGAINST THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WORLD IN TI SERIES. They are the only team that will try to get pudge+chen combo and succeed at it -in a big,big way- against tongfu while they were at a clear disadvantage. At that match, combat vise, Na'Vi was winning. They lose because of 2 heroes. Puck and furion. Alliance has a very cheesy and cheap tactic which EVERYONE can do -atleast playing at my rating, every retard can pick furion and push endlessly avoiding combat, making the other team lose balance-. The only player that deserves some kind of trophy in that team is s4, the puck player. Because if dendi and puppey were able to get back WITH alchemist on time, they'd wipe the alliance and retaliate OR turtle, s4 prevented this and was a brilliant play in his part. But I'm sorry, that split push is not something special, it's merely a cheap tactic when you see you are at a clear disadvantage when you are in mass combat.

Don't pretend like it's an astounding play or anything, please. Alliance picks furion just because they know that Na'Vi has better combat capabilities and their only hope is to make them lose balance with endless pushes from 2 lanes. I simply cannot get how this is "good play", to me it is not championship worthy playstyle.
    Maybe if you admitted in the same post, that fountain hook is about 10 times less championship worthy strategy and pretty much the cheapest tactic you can get, someone could take you seriously. You wanna cry about fans, go do it on reddit or some place people are interested in it, dont bring the hate here, when its been pretty clean so far.

Deleted
    Who wouldn't be tryhard about a million dollars.
    Really.

Deleted
    Quite so. Though I'll admit AdmiralBulldog playing nothing but Furion or Lone Druid gets pretty boring to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    They beated Na'Vi twice (winners finals and grand finals). If that isn't worth respect, I don't know what is.

Are you saying that you would care about what is cheap and what is not in a match worthing one and a half million dollars?
    I do care when I'm watching, and trust me, the majority of the dota 2 fanbase agrees, because they want to see flashy, big combats with huge combos, not boring and cheap tacts like this, because it is not entertaining, and this is showbiz

Btw, to the "they didn't use bkb when they tp" guy. There's a combat waiting for them down there. What you suggest is they use bkb when they tp and not in combat. Their positioning was the main issue with their tps, they were all stacked up and not very far away. If they just stepped down a little and scattered, atleast 4 of them would easily make it back. That was the one grave mistake they made while Alliance got screwed many times (well, see their 3 man ganks on alchemist, combat wipes, getting dominated by dendi's TA) Na'Vi did one mistake and that cost them the game. There is only one hero that could cause such chaos on the opposing team and that is furion and his pushes, that is exactly why it is a cheap tactic, I don't get how you guys fail to see this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    SOmeone mentioned earlier Blizzard had like 1/10th the views. Sounded like an exaggeration but, I'm confident DotA2 had them beat by far
    Well, on main channel it was 200-400k people (it spiked to 400k at some point). Note that it's not finals, while dota 2 viewers was measured on final game (there was like 6 time more people watching it compared to half-final or other games).
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Quite so. Though I'll admit AdmiralBulldog playing nothing but Furion or Lone Druid gets pretty boring to watch.
    Tbh I've found him to be the exception to that rule. While I usually get bored of watching the same comps over and over again I always enjoy his Prophet and Druid plays. He's so great with them that I just don't mind him always picking them.

I've gotta say though as a whole though the team I was most impressed with and look forward to seeing again have been Orange. They were really until their last match.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-08-12 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Btw, to the "they didn't use bkb when they tp" guy. There's a combat waiting for them down there. What you suggest is they use bkb when they tp and not in combat.
    What combat? I don't see 2v5 or 3v5 being a fair "combat". Alliance couldn't fight Na'Vi if they just got home. Especiialy at their base. With buybacks. Alliance couldn't have fought them if all of Na'Vi TPed back, with or without BKB. You saw how long time it took Loda to get the bottom barracks even with just Funn1k and Kuroky defending. You think he'd have any chance vs TA, Alch, Bat and Enigma with BH?

It was a great series, too bad that such mistakes cost them the game though.

I do care when I'm watching, and trust me, the majority of the dota 2 fanbase agrees, because they want to see flashy, big combats with huge combos, not boring and cheap tacts like this, because it is not entertaining, and this is showbiz

Btw, to the "they didn't use bkb when they tp" guy. There's a combat waiting for them down there. What you suggest is they use bkb when they tp and not in combat. Their positioning was the main issue with their tps, they were all stacked up and not very far away. If they just stepped down a little and scattered, atleast 4 of them would easily make it back. That was the one grave mistake they made while Alliance got screwed many times (well, see their 3 man ganks on alchemist, combat wipes, getting dominated by dendi's TA) Na'Vi did one mistake and that cost them the game. There is only one hero that could cause such chaos on the opposing team and that is furion and his pushes, that is exactly why it is a cheap tactic, I don't get how you guys fail to see this.
    Just go away please. Splitpush is valid strategy, you dont want to deal with it, you ban the heroes, ie furion/tinket, or pick heroes that do well against them, you just dont give away wisp and furion, not pick proper heroes to deal with them and then cry about lameass cheap tactics. Its as if people were complaining about 5man dota being cheap tactic just because "you are too afraid to fight in skirmishes and have to overpower opponent in number of heroes brought it" or whining about 4 protect 1 because "you are too bad to fight head on early, so you must farm your carry with items meanwhile we gank your carry constantly to win" ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I reading that guy's post correctly, is he calling split pushing a "cheap strategy"?
    I can understand what you might mean, but at the end of the day they were playing the objective - the throne. If you want cheap tactics then look no further than Na'vi's Pudge + Chen combo.

It might not be as flashy as big team fights, but that doesn't make it cheesy or cheap. Na'vi just failed to counter it.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-08-12 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And when enemy has huge lead in firepower you don't just stand on mid lane and take a part in 5v5 fight, you have to outmanoeuvre enemy team. Na'vi was strong in 5v5 fights due to PA having so much kills, so [A] had to split enemy team apart or split push lanes and force enemy to retreat to get more time to farm items.

Na'vi thought that they can 5 man tower and rax then TP to base and defend it, but they forgot that enemy had glyph and got caught by surprise and paid their price for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do care when I'm watching, and trust me, the majority of the dota 2 fanbase agrees...
    Are you aware that the overwhelming majority of video game fans (in general, not exclusive to DotA) are scrubs that call everything that they can't counter "cheap"? I mean... saying "the majority of the fanbase thinks this strategy is cheap, therefore, this strategy shouldn't be used" is the most childish thing you could say.

The game allows you to do it. The tournament rules allows you to do it. Na'vi agreed to play by these rules.

Deal with it.
    Last edited by Hraklea; 2013-08-12 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    Hmm, I accidently closed the client yesterday and at the same time I heard the game ready sound. Now I have been in queue for over 20 minutes, did I end up in low prio? Never been there before so I have no idea if you can see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it shows you somewhere if you are in low prio with the time left, would be sensible at least.

Deleted
    Anyone else experiencing extra long queues lately? I mean super sized ones. I'm currently in a 23 minute queue with no game found yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Anyone else experiencing extra long queues lately? I mean super sized ones. I'm currently in a 23 minute queue with no game found yet.
    I am at 26 mins, And I quit and restarted steam after 30 mins to be sure it wasnt some crap with the client. So in total I have been in queue for 56 minutes without a game, queing for AP, SD, AR on EU west, EU east with preference English, Solo Queue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I am at 26 mins, And I quit and restarted steam after 30 mins to be sure it wasnt some crap with the client. So in total I have been in queue for 56 minutes without a game, queing for AP, SD, AR on EU west, EU east with preference English, Solo Queue
    Lol exact same servers, exact same game modes. Maybe MM will put us in the same game )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Lol exact same servers, exact same game modes. Maybe MM will put us in the same game )
    IF we get a game

Deleted
    Matchmaking doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah im getting a much longer queue than normal to say im queuing for all pick. bah, just when i though 'one quick game'.