10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I think there should be an item to protect from bashes like bkb does for magic. Maybe some other effects too which bkb doesnt cover(like entangle).

The only thing you can really buy to prevent perma bashes is dodge and fun fact: the item to counter dodge has a bash on it.

What would you say to such an item?
    Dodge is legit way to couter bashes. And Halbert don't have bash on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Is it more or is Halberd one of the most underrated items you can get or am I overrating it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Is it more or is Halberd one of the most underrated items you can get or am I overrating it?
    It has very good use on supports or semi-carry but it builds out of expensive items and can't be rushed. Add here high mana cost and i think it's at the place where it should be.

It's very seituational item, but with proper usage it will turn tides of battle
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    He means MKB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasen Ibaraki View Post
    He means MKB
    Yeah, there is where i fucked up. I read this like "the item to counter bash has bash on it".

Deleted
    Bashes are fine. They can be frustrating, but most of the time they aren't. If you add an item that provides immunity to physical effects like bash, entangle, net etc all you will do is create another must-have carry item that you need to farm before you can teamfight.

The only bash/RNG heroes I find frustrating to play against are Troll and Void, it's not purely because of the bash. Void has RNG on backtrack as well (which I wish would be changed in some way) on top of good base stats, an escape and a potentially teamwide disable, so there's no real risk/reward involved in playing him. Troll is more or less balanced around permabash, which makes him extremely annoying but if there was an item to remove bashes entirely he would need a buff in other areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bashes are fine. They can be frustrating, but most of the time they aren't. If you add an item that provides immunity to physical effects like bash, entangle, net etc all you will do is create another must-have carry item that you need to farm before you can teamfight.

The only bash/RNG heroes I find frustrating to play against are Troll and Void, it's not purely because of the bash. Void has RNG on backtrack as well (which I wish would be changed in some way) on top of good base stats, an escape and a potentially teamwide disable, so there's no real risk/reward involved in playing him. Troll is more or less balanced around permabash, which makes him extremely annoying but if there was an item to remove bashes entirely he would need a buff in other areas.
    Oh, the times when bash effect stacked with each others. I still miss you MoM+basher troll.

No the HH works because if they can't attack they can't bash. :P
    That one retired mage.
    http://dotabuff.com/players/75546158 Main DotA account
    http://dotabuff.com/players/135984949 Secondary DotA account

I am thinking of an item similar to BKB giving temporary immunity with diminishing returns. I dont think that item would be as mandatory as a BKB is. Its more of a situational item. I also dont think it would destroy those heroes completely. There are other item combinations like PAs Blur nullified by MKB which hurt much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am thinking of an item similar to BKB giving temporary immunity with diminishing returns. I dont think that item would be as mandatory as a BKB is. Its more of a situational item. I also dont think it would destroy those heroes completely. There are other item combinations like PAs Blur nullified by MKB which hurt much more.
    But htere is ghost scepter

But htere is ghost scepter
    Yeah but it comes at the cost of being unable to do anything but cast. Its fine for casters, but if you are dependent on white hit damage you havent gained anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but it comes at the cost of being unable to do anything but cast. Its fine for casters, but if you are dependent on white hit damage you havent gained anything.
    You can't have everything. But you can be a pugna with skadi orb and enfeeble

You can't have everything. But you can be a pugna with skadi orb and enfeeble
    I know I am just saying that as a white damage hero you cant do anything efficient against bash heroes and I dont think it should be this way. There is an item against everything, why not bashes.

Its not even the bash heroes that bother me that much. They are mostly far from op. Its just that I think there shouldnt be a mechanic that cant be countered, especially when its the "Right click and watch them stand still until death" mechanic. I find it kind of ridiculous when a Void with MoM and MKB can solo a 6 slotted carry with triple net worth 1 on 1. I know its a team game, but still pretty stupid.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2013-08-17 at 05:18 PM.

Deleted
    I know I am just saying that as a white damage hero you cant do anything efficient against bash heroes and I dont think it should be this way. There is an item against everything, why not bashes.

Its not even the bash heroes that bother me that much. They are mostly far from op. Its just that I think there shouldnt be a mechanic that cant be countered, especially when its the "Right click and watch them stand still until death" mechanic. I find it kind of ridiculous when a Void with MoM and MKB can solo a 6 slotted carry with triple net worth 1 on 1. I know its a team game, but still pretty stupid.
    It can be countered by not letting them attack

well, not everything has a counter, there is a reason why alot of ultimates go through bkb, ghost scepter works against bashes fine, but its a situational item and isnt always the best investment, which is fine, items should be choices, its already pretty boring to see some heroes going practically the same item build game after game (gyro, AM, PL, NP etc). And I would love to see a 6slot carry, that got blown up by void with one dmg item and without bkb, did he get 10 bashes in a row, while catching the entire team in chrono?

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    And that goes both ways. You'd think it's the support job to babysit you and take 99% of the enemy hero health just so you can right click and take the cash.
    No. I don't. I will happily do whatever is required, but when it's pretty fucking obvious I can't be where I am alone and the support is doing nothing but denying creepwaves, that is bad support.

Now go back and read: Of the people who play crappy support, the most predominant issue I see is that they don't support, but are basically just spending the game jungling.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2013-08-17 at 07:43 PM.

Deleted
    Totally in love with Dota 2 <3. I have been playing for four months and I still can not get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    No. I don't. I will happily do whatever is required, but when it's pretty fucking obvious I can't be where I am alone and the support is doing nothing but denying creepwaves, that is bad support.

Now go back and read: Of the people who play crappy support, the most predominant issue I see is that they don't support, but are basically just spending the game jungling.
    Please. If the support is denying creeps hes bad because he doesnt support you, if he sticks to lane and harrases/protects you then hes bad because he soaks XP and doesnt keep the creeps in check and when he sticks out of LoS and occasionaly harrases/tries to zone out, the hes bad because he doesnt keep the creeps in check and has no money for wards... We all heard those arguments here already, support is apparently only good if he can do all those things at once... Oh heres the funny thing, you cant do all three at once with only ONE support even in 2v1 scenario, let alone 2v2 and we have seen plenty of times how even pros cant keep the creeps in check with TWO supports against solo suicide

Is it so hard to adapt to your support? The solution to him pulling creeps is going defensive under tower (if needed), not being blind, dying because you didnt watch minimap and blame your support for your incompetence.

I'm not someone who dies easy. Don't misunderstand, young lady. I play it safe.

But herein is the problem: If I play it safe vs a dual-lane, what will I ever accomplish? Nothing. I'm not gonna go and get myself killed, but I cannot carry if the support never comes into lane to help. I'm not going to have the gold. And not even get an XP advantage when the enemy can farm freely while I can't touch anything without losing a solid chunk of health.