1. #9961
    Deleted
    I seriously don't understand how some people play heroes that have almost permanent invisibility. Like BH, Riki, Clinkz etc. Why'd you constantly farm lanes with those. It baffles me. Stop trying to go take empty lanes because you see some farm because against any competent player, the moment he sees you on a lane he feels safe and can track your entire team's movement by just seeing where you are. Farm woods, move where their wards aren't. This forces them to either invest heavy in sentries or play much more carefully. Such a simple concept yet people just play like idiots.

  2. #9962
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I seriously don't understand how some people play heroes that have almost permanent invisibility. Like BH, Riki, Clinkz etc. Why'd you constantly farm lanes with those. It baffles me. Stop trying to go take empty lanes because you see some farm because against any competent player, the moment he sees you on a lane he feels safe and can track your entire team's movement by just seeing where you are. Farm woods, move where their wards aren't. This forces them to either invest heavy in sentries or play much more carefully. Such a simple concept yet people just play like idiots.
    Or go afk. Enemy will be terrified
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  3. #9963
    Deleted
    Drunkenvalley is right,countless time do I see supports on the enemy safe lane chain pull or simply pull when their carry cant approach a creep within a 600range without losing 1/4 of his health.if you have a ranged hero vs a melee hero its just too easy to zone the enemy carry out,add another ally hero and make it 2vs1 and it's overkill.
    then ofc the supports come running back to the lane like madman after a few mins when they notice their carry is shivering near their tower,cause the supports aren't that bad in my bracket at least.
    was just funny earlier,enemy alch safelane with support pulling,turns into alch+support in the lane,turns into trilane,turns into a switch and it's their solo laner that ends up in their safe lane.


    anyway what makes a good support in an enemy safe lane I think is mainly dewarding,if they can deward your anti-pull ward ok, but also your anti-gank ward?pretty much lane lost if they can play right
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2013-08-19 at 03:15 AM.

  4. #9964
    Deleted
    Can someone link a game where the support chain pulls and leaves you for dead on lane? I want to see.

    I actually played a support today. Bought chicken and sentries. Had flying at 1.5 min, new observers as soon as they were available in shop, was around level 5 at 6 minute I think. Easy game. I've heard it's hard to get a crow before 3 min in a public game from all the times I went middle.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-08-19 at 03:31 AM.

  5. #9965
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I seriously don't understand how some people play heroes that have almost permanent invisibility. Like BH, Riki, Clinkz etc. Why'd you constantly farm lanes with those. It baffles me. Stop trying to go take empty lanes because you see some farm because against any competent player, the moment he sees you on a lane he feels safe and can track your entire team's movement by just seeing where you are. Farm woods, move where their wards aren't. This forces them to either invest heavy in sentries or play much more carefully. Such a simple concept yet people just play like idiots.
    I once remember once in this thread someone argued that invisible heroes didn't put much pressure on the enemy team.
    well now I disagree,even at higher levels people still don't like to buy dusts/sentries sometimes,its horrible playing against decent invisible players,everyone is too greedy
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2013-08-19 at 03:54 AM.

  6. #9966
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Can someone link a game where the support chain pulls and leaves you for dead on lane? I want to see.

    I actually played a support today. Bought chicken and sentries. Had flying at 1.5 min, new observers as soon as they were available in shop, was around level 5 at 6 minute I think. Easy game. I've heard it's hard to get a crow before 3 min in a public game from all the times I went middle.
    You get 10 gold per 8 seconds. 3 minutes is 240 seconds, by that time you'll get 300 gold. To get a crow before 1.5 minute you'll need to make 1 pull. It's not that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  7. #9967
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You get 10 gold per 8 seconds. 3 minutes is 240 seconds, by that time you'll get 300 gold. To get a crow before 1.5 minute you'll need to make 1 pull. It's not that hard.
    Except when you have no reason to make a pull or you get contested. And to get the gold from a pull by 1:30, you pretty much would have had to pull the second creepwave.

    Pulling is the most dull mechanic anyway, if you ask me a good support almost never pulls if the lane control doesn't demand it. Why risk making your carry lose lasthits to tower or moving the creep clash too far down the lane for a few pathetic pieces of gold when there's much more interesting things that need doing.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-08-19 at 07:08 AM.

  8. #9968
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Except when you have no reason to make a pull or you get contested. And to get the gold from a pull by 1:30, you pretty much would have had to pull the second creepwave.

    Pulling is the most dull mechanic anyway, if you ask me a good support almost never pulls if the lane control doesn't demand it. Why risk making your carry lose lasthits to tower or moving the creep clash too far down the lane for a few pathetic pieces of gold when there's much more interesting things that need doing.
    yeah, but usually if you meet a solo player like potm, she won't even bother attacking your first wave of creeps, and you are free to pull second or third wave to keep creeps close to your tower. Also, by pulling you can deny the whole creep wave by pulling it to second neutral spawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  9. #9969
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You get 10 gold per 8 seconds. 3 minutes is 240 seconds, by that time you'll get 300 gold. To get a crow before 1.5 minute you'll need to make 1 pull. It's not that hard.
    I know. But tell that to every support I get when I go solo mid.

  10. #9970
    Deleted
    someone told me you can follow a hero by using m+left click,but it doesn't work for me.
    does anyone have an idea how to do this?

    nvm found it so its the move bind rofl

  11. #9971
    Deleted
    I Loose all games... Is So Hard

  12. #9972
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,194
    god matchmaking sucks sometimes, played against a natures prophet with about 1600 hours played more than me, and i was by far the highest on my team. I know its based on skill not wins/time played but still he absolutely destroyed out team, including rampages. Was just on a completely different skill level to our team and the rest of his team. Frustrating to say the least.
    Last edited by hiragana; 2013-08-19 at 05:54 PM.

  13. #9973
    Deleted
    yup, happens and it sucks.

  14. #9974
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,140
    Yeah.. matchmaking..

    9 out of 10 games, I'm more then double anybody else (except when I get those great teams that feed...)

    Last game went 6-4 as lycan.. we lost the match 65-10...
    my teammates couldn't tell whats wrong

  15. #9975
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I know. But tell that to every support I get when I go solo mid.
    You can also tank rosh with illusions doing this. Normally if you attack rosh with illusions they will die. However, if you have illusion and M+click on rosh they will run up to him without attacking and stand there.

  16. #9976
    Deleted
    I hate the matchmaking atm, no idea what happened, but every game is extremly one sided, either my team wins 40-10 in kills or we lose with similar score, wtf happended

  17. #9977
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    People here are talking as if supports shouldn't have to help their carry at any point in their life, and that's just daft.
    Of course supports should babysit their carries, I don't think anyone disagrees with that. At the same time, supports usually expect their carries to have brains. I mean, if there are 2 ranged heroes against you on a lane, there's no fucking way you'll get free farm. Ever. No matter what your support does. Period. When this happens, it's totally up to you to think a little bit and realize that:
    1. you need more regen
    2. you need a shield
    3. you need more regen (yes, again)
    4. maybe (just maybe, because that's way too complex for most carries to realize) you should play safely, i.e. sometimes just stay behind and get exp and no lasthits. Yes, that's not good, but still that's better than dying.

    I had a game once where I was playing Lion and my carry was Sven. We were against Orge and Lich. They were on the radiant's safe lane, so I couldn't pull waves back to our tower. And Sven was one of those braindead carries that try to lasthit no matter what. Everytime he was approaching a creep wave, he got right-clicked by lich and nuked by both. Yet that fucker never bought more regen or shield and kept trying. And guess what? He died after 4th or 5th attempt to lasthit. And guess what he learned from that? That his support is shit (even though I saved him couple of times with spikes and hex before that). If you're that kind of carry, no support will ever help you. That's what people are trying to say here.

    And, please, correct me if I'm wrong, but right-clicking heroes makes you take towers' aggro, even if there are 49387589347 creeps around. So even if the only thing your support does is pulling, hence you're constantly under the tower, you're already protected to a point.

  18. #9978
    If there are creeps under tower, enemy heroes can just force attack command on their own creeps and tower will swap off of them. It means that they can dive you and even if they have 100 health left when you die, tower won't finish them off because they will just force attack their creeps and walk away with 1 hit left.

    Not to mention, tower hits will push the next creep wave far away. Of course, some lanes are still hard enough that pulling creeps under tower just to get 1 or 2 last hits is worth it.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-08-19 at 08:37 PM.

  19. #9979
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    If there are creeps under tower, enemy heroes can just force attack command on their own creeps and tower will swap off of them. It means that they can dive you and even if they have 100 health left when you die, tower won't finish them off because they will just force attack their creeps and walk away with 1 hit left.
    Yeah, but even pro's don't do that everytime they dive somebody. Na'Vi vs Alliance game 5 and 1v3(4) dives on XBOCT come to mind. And we're talking about 2 best teams in the world.

  20. #9980
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjalar View Post
    And, please, correct me if I'm wrong, but right-clicking heroes makes you take towers' aggro, even if there are 49387589347 creeps around. So even if the only thing your support does is pulling, hence you're constantly under the tower, you're already protected to a point.
    Right-click from outside tower-range. Now for the next few seconds right-clicking the enemy hero does not change the tower focus. Additionally, clicking a hero and then rapidly attack-move'ing a friendly creep will direct the focus to the creep, and you take a whopping single tower hit. This also grants the short grace-period before tower retargets you, unless the creep dies.

    Also, "orb walking" (Drow's frost arrows or Clinkz' flame arrows) or using targeted spells do not refocus the tower.

    Tower dives aren't difficult. And trust me, you'll call bullshit when you see someone who knows their mechanics such that they can abuse it.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2013-08-19 at 08:44 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •