Quote Originally Posted by kjalar View Post
    most of the time it's not because of mm, it's because lots of people go "ff plz, i'll afk" after being ganked 3-4 times or seeing their team is slightly behind on kills at the 20 min mark.

- - - updated - - -

also, lots of pub players don't seem to understand that heroes reach their maximum at different periods of time. I had so many matches when it looked like we're totally fucked, but we turtled for 40 minutes and eventually won when our carry heroes became big enough to kill the entire team, because the opponent's lineup was caster-heavy, hence useless in late game, where everyone and their dog has bkb. Since most pub players give up really fast, they rarely see such things happening.
    "omg who fed nix so hard noobs ltp ff"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjalar View Post
    Also, lots of pub players don't seem to understand that heroes reach their maximum at different periods of time. I had so many matches when it looked like we're totally fucked, but we turtled for 40 minutes and eventually won when our carry heroes became big enough to kill the entire team, because the opponent's lineup was caster-heavy, hence useless in late game, where everyone and their dog has BKB. Since most pub players give up really fast, they rarely see such things happening.
    Well I had a game somewhat like that the other day.
    Our hard carry was an Alchemist who was behind on farm, but had a midas so his levels weren't bad. But he was still behind the enemy team. I was also playing BH that game. Our Alch had a somewhat negative outlook on the match while the rest of the team were flat out "ff end it".
    Actually convincing them that if Alch got steady farm and we got some good track kill pick offs then he would be up to snuff quite quickly. They kinda listened which was good. We won the next team fight.
    Then we lost the rest and the game. But it didn't exactly end without a good fight either. I think we could've won if everybody else had actually stayed positive throughout the game.

If I could count the games where we've stomped a team with an AM and not done it fast enough, only for it to reach late game and AM demolish us.

On a somewhat similar note I get really annoyed by people who tell me to FF only for them to continue fighting. If they want it to end fast then don't defend, it strikes me as hypocritical. As if my team wasn't already trying to win in the first place, we have to be told to.

Here's something I've seen a few times: I play AM, I get free farm, my GPM , KDA, XP min, etc, it's all going better than anyone else. But when I tried to join into the fighting again, there was just... nowhere to go. We never got any good opportunity to initiate, and the rest of my team were too easily picked off for us to assemble a teamfight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjalar View Post
    Also, lots of pub players don't seem to understand that heroes reach their maximum at different periods of time. I had so many matches when it looked like we're totally fucked, but we turtled for 40 minutes and eventually won when our carry heroes became big enough to kill the entire team, because the opponent's lineup was caster-heavy, hence useless in late game, where everyone and their dog has BKB. Since most pub players give up really fast, they rarely see such things happening.
    While this is true, there are also a lot of games that are over in the first 20 minutes.

Played one earlier, we had Prophet (me), Bounty Hunter, Bloodseeker, Obsidian Destroy and.. One other person, don't remember, my friend was playing him though. The enemy team had a Tinker, that's about all that mattered. Our OD had absolutely no clue how to play, he would imprison everybody we opened on, and didn't know he could auto cast his Q skill. Bounty Hunter solo'd long lang , so even though he had decent levels he had no gold to do damage. Tinker completely took away my ability to push anything, since if I tried pushing he'd just teleport to the tower with Boots of Travel, use his AoE skill twice and then leave, which would kill all the creeps and any treants I had summoned. And Bloodseeker had something like 250gpm, which wasn't bad considering we couldn't leave our base after about the fifteen minute mark.

And yet, the game continued. For like 30 more minutes. There was no way we could come back, at all, wasn't even remotely possible. When the only person with more than 350gpm is a Nature's Prophet and the enemy team has three people over 400gpm, it's just bad. There's no point in trying, you can't come back from that, it's completely impossible.

Of course there are some games where turtling can win you the game, but in the vast majority it's just a waste of time. Your carry player has to know how to farm while being stuck in a small area, because the enemy team will have map control and so the enemy carry will get more farm than yours unless your carry knows how to farm. Which is pretty rare in pub games.

I think im done supporting in pubs, theres no point. Ide rather lose as 5 carries than be blamed for everything.

Im always the only support, and people constantly whine when I either dont have money for wards, smokes, items.

Or they whine when I forget to use one of my 9 fucking spells. Must be so hard right clicking to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I think im done supporting in pubs, theres no point. Ide rather lose as 5 carries than be blamed for everything.

Im always the only support, and people constantly whine when I either dont have money for wards, smokes, items.

Or they whine when I forget to use one of my 9 fucking spells. Must be so hard right clicking to win.
    I remember being yelled at for "not warding runes". Had wards on both runes 'till ~14 minute, our mid liner haven't got any rune for all this time. Now i see no point in warding pre late game at all
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    People tend to give up quicker on mid-high MMR and then it drastically changes when you get to very high MMR. It's funny because people think they are so good at that level and they can quickly see if game is lost or not.

People will always find something to blame others for, regardless of what hero you play.

I get this "I'm done supporting!" feeling from time to time. But then I realize that if I won't buy wards, our team will have limited vision, if I won't buy sentries and/or gem, stealthers will rape us, and if I won't buy dusts, we'll never ever ever ever kill that Weaver. My friends tell me that I should stop caring and start playing like everyone else (i.e. fool around), but what's the point in playing a game if you don't care about winning and/or don't do whatever it takes to win? I don't get it. So I keep playing supports.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    People tend to give up quicker on mid-high MMR and then it drastically changes when you get to very high MMR. It's funny because people think they are so good at that level and they can quickly see if game is lost or not.
    Guess my MMR is ultra-low then.

The most infuriating thing is, that no one picks supports, its so annoying. Even in the enemy team its always carries, I swear the international gave us a new batch of retards to contest with.

Deleted
    The most infuriating thing is, that no one picks supports, its so annoying. Even in the enemy team its always carries, I swear the international gave us a new batch of retards to contest with.
    Plenty of people pick visage and feed birds actually.

people dont pick supports, because they dont wanna play 20 minutes on brown boots and wand and being yelled at for not buying wards all the time and for what, a carry that cant lasthit and has no map awareness and mid that ignores runes even if you ward them? You kinda loose interest in being the sacrifical hero for the team if the team doesnt pay you back with the advantages you gave them, Id rather stick to being mid/ganker and do stuff that actually hurts enemy rather than help my allies without knowing if they can capitalize on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    people dont pick supports, because they dont wanna play 20 minutes on brown boots and wand and being yelled at for not buying wards all the time and for what, a carry that cant lasthit and has no map awareness and mid that ignores runes even if you ward them? You kinda loose interest in being the sacrifical hero for the team if the team doesnt pay you back with the advantages you gave them, Id rather stick to being mid/ganker and do stuff that actually hurts enemy rather than help my allies without knowing if they can capitalize on it.
    That's why i pick fun supports like ogre or CM and take runes by myself and gank enemies. I shit on my carry because fuck him =P

I love playing support : (

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    You can easily get quite a lot of farm as a support in pubs, the pull camp is rarely warded even in v high. For fun, I occasionally even start with 0 gold(ie buy a bottle for the mid, or cour+wards+consumables for others)

But i can't really be arsed to do that for randoms that random, start with 850g, buy boots as first items, miss a lot of cs as carrys or throw games.

Deleted
    I've never been yelled at for not buying wards or only having brown boots by my teammates. Maybe because I actually buy wards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    You can easily get quite a lot of farm as a support in pubs, the pull camp is rarely warded even in v high.
    Really? I solo queue most often and I almost always see it warded.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-08-16 at 03:08 PM.

I love playing support too. But only when I'm playing with people I know. If I'm playing a pub game, I normally just go with a carry or something so I can at least do something if our team isn't exactly on top of things. But with friends, playing support can be just as fun as playing a hard carry. I dunno why people don't like it.

Deleted

Ye, I love when you are solo support, you buy both courier and wards. 3 mins into the game the mid is screaming at you for not upgrading the courier ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Ye, I love when you are solo support, you buy both courier and wards. 3 mins into the game the mid is screaming at you for not upgrading the courier ._.
    Yeah. Somehow you're supposed to give a carry free farm and have everything up; anti wards, smokes, normal wards, couriers and also tping every where to counter gank else you are the most horrible support ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I remember in wc3 when courier was implemented you could just don't turn on shared units to people. I WISH I COULD DO THE SAME IN DOTA 2.
    Like, hey, you called me a pussy? then have fun running to fountain for your items bitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I remember in wc3 when courier was implemented you could just don't turn on shared units to people. I WISH I COULD DO THE SAME IN DOTA 2.
    Like, hey, you called me a pussy? then have fun running to fountain for your items bitch.
    I miss that so much! I loved that