Quote Originally Posted by Drefan View Post
    Yeah. Somehow you're supposed to give a carry free farm and have everything up; anti wards, smokes, normal wards, couriers and also tping every where to counter gank else you are the most horrible support ever.
    yes, this is part of playing support. i think its funny some people think Carry is the hard role, when you are playing support you DO need to put this stuff up. Nobody said it was easy.

Also; my steam name is VisceralViscous. Feel free to add if you want to see how to play support

Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    I love playing support : (
    Well I love it.CM is my favourite atm, although its partly for the icy aesthetic as I like that with magic in fantasy games .
    Then again I've always preferred supporting roles in all multiplayer games, whether it be playing a tank or healer in WoW or playing Medic in TF2.

I'm not 100% sure why most people dislike playing support (in any game) although I guess I'd put my money on it having to do with K/A/D's in those games as it's much more noticeable if you're doing well as the killy guy than as a support.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I'm not 100% sure why most people dislike playing support (in any game) although I guess I'd put my money on it having to do with K/A/D's in those games as it's much more noticeable if you're doing well as the killy guy than as a support.
    I don't play support because if your team is behind and the game is a bit passive, you just run around trying not to get caught and stand and watch rest of your team farm.

Well I love it.CM is my favourite atm, although its partly for the icy aesthetic as I like that with magic in fantasy games .
    Then again I've always preferred supporting roles in all multiplayer games, whether it be playing a tank or healer in WoW or playing Medic in TF2.
    I want CM set with feathers =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You REALLY shouldnt be concerned with K/D/A, especially if you are just playing Public games. Ignore all that bullsh$t your teammates are screaming at you, add good players and get a 5 man together. With proper communication between 5 people the game will change drastically for you, and Im not just talking about more wins. Synergy and communication is key

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Really? I solo queue most often and I almost always see it warded.
    That's just because you remember more games where it was warded then games it wasn't. If you go play 10 games right now, I'd bet the ratio of unwarded to warded won't be lower then 7:3 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    That's just because you remember more games where it was warded then games it wasn't. If you go play 10 games right now, I'd bet the ratio of unwarded to warded won't be lower then 7:3 :P
    Just deal with it for a while, once you get to like 400+ wins you will get matched with people who will ward consistently. It gets better, trust me

Valve pls, i've been waiting for this to be released after TI3 ended.

Deleted
    My last 4 games it was warded =D

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I want CM set with feathers =(
    But her Snowdrop set is sooo awesome.
    Then again I love all of Anuxi's sets. She's easily my favourite when it comes to the Worskhop items etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Another reason why I pick support as well as just enjoying it. At least in my bracket there are quite a few people who are just atrocious at support, they're not in the majority of players but they damn well aren't the minority either. Stealing farm, no courier, no wards, no flying courier and poor item choices in general. I don't really trust others most of the time to do it well if at all.

I kinda wish the next hero tutorial valve do is about playing support and really hammers in the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfury Treann View Post
    Valve pls, i've been waiting for this to be released after TI3 ended.
    Sorry no dargons for you.

I kinda wish the next hero tutorial valve do is about playing support and really hammers in the basics.
    I don't think it'll change anything. IMO, people don't support "properly" because they don't want to, not because they don't know how. Many people prefer to be that guy, who farms 6 slots and then kills the entire enemy team single-handedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjalar View Post
    I don't think it'll change anything. IMO, people don't support "properly" because they don't want to, not because they don't know how. Many people prefer to be that guy, who farms 6 slots and then kills the entire enemy team single-handedly.
    Looking at people who do play supports, but play it really crappily, I honestly believe a lot of them think their entire job is denying creepwaves. That the carry has to somehow chase away the enemy heroes single-handedly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Looking at people who do play supports, but play it really crappily, I honestly believe a lot of them think their entire job is denying creepwaves. That the carry has to somehow chase away the enemy heroes single-handedly.
    And that goes both ways. You'd think it's the support job to babysit you and take 99% of the enemy hero health just so you can right click and take the cash.
    Stop being an egocentric bitch and play the game as it's supposed to. You have to deny creeps as well, buy wards as well if you must. It's not all " rage and kill". You're not the sole person playing the game....

There's no need for insults.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-08-17 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Stop being an egocentric bitch
    That's pretty rash just for saying most supports play crappily. Especially when it's very true that most players and even most support players aren't very good at their role.

Hmm speaking of which are there actually any good support guides somewhere on the internet?
    At least most of them I've read only cover the absolute basics.

Deleted
    Hmm speaking of which are there actually any good support guides somewhere on the internet?
    Here is a great guide on warding (it is ALOT to read) http://www.team-dignitas.net/article...de-to-warding/

I belive warding is the first step you should learn when supporting

There is couple of good guides http://www.youtube.com/XVRogueGaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I watched how Purge plays supports on his YouTube channel. He usually comments a lot on what he's doing and why, so it's a good start.
    Another way is to google "warding", "de-warding", "neutrals stacking", "pulling creeps", "support items" or something like that. I guess the rest (like babysitting and setting up kills for carries) can't be learned from guides.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    play the game as it's supposed to.
    That only works for real games, not mods