people dont know when to build midas, seriously. Not only do they build it extra late because their lasthitting skills suck, they also build it in most retarded situations, like enemy with early agression/pushing lineup. Genius Doom decides to go 12minute midas and then proceeds to farm up radiance, meanwhile we are loosing towers one after another because we cant fight without him and he just melts to them since ge got nothing but relic at 25 minutes... If it was an outliner, it would be fine, but I got these kinds of Xboct wannabees every other game :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    people dont know when to build midas, seriously. Not only do they build it extra late because their lasthitting skills suck, they also build it in most retarded situations, like enemy with early agression/pushing lineup. Genius Doom decides to go 12minute midas and then proceeds to farm up radiance, meanwhile we are loosing towers one after another because we cant fight without him and he just melts to them since ge got nothing but relic at 25 minutes... If it was an outliner, it would be fine, but I got these kinds of Xboct wannabees every other game :/
    Alot of people seem to think that Midas is a must when you are playing carry. I am only buying midas if I have complete free farm or get first blood. Just not worth it if it takes more than 10 mins.

I never realized just how bloody hard getting a good Epicenter is before you get Blink. o_o Though that changed instantly when I did get a good Epicenter off and suddenly could afford a Blink Dagger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I never realized just how bloody hard getting a good Epicenter is before you get Blink. o_o Though that changed instantly when I did get a good Epicenter off and suddenly could afford a Blink Dagger.
    Hahaha I sure hate that.. pops epicenter, target the stun in the middle of fight.. "WHY IS IT RUNNING I AM IN RANGE ALREADY?!!!?" epicenter gone and proceeds to stun. Cries a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Hahaha I sure hate that.. pops epicenter, target the stun in the middle of fight.. "WHY IS IT RUNNING I AM IN RANGE ALREADY?!!!?" epicenter gone and proceeds to stun. Cries a little.
    Haha. Yeah, I had a few of those. Then I finally landed one a bit late in the teamfight and got a huge amount of gold, haha. Add another Epicenter like that shortly after and I suddenly had a Blink Dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Like I said, there isn't a single hero I'd like to play any more. I don't even think there's a HoN hero that would make DotA a better game.
    When i played HoN a few Years ago, i really liked puppet master

Speaking of Crix, whyis it assumed that Veil of DIscord is better for Crix than Aghanims?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Speaking of Crix, whyis it assumed that Veil of DIscord is better for Crix than Aghanims?
    damage-wise? no question, it adds more damage to ulti, it also affects other skills, it helps teamates nukes, its cheaper and easier to build for a hero that doesnt usually get farm... unless you specifically need the extra 20s off ulti, i dont really see a point of getting it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    You think Battle Hunger is better than Terrifying Charge?
    See previous comments about battle hunger being a free win in lane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    HoN heroes were fairly poorly designed and had little variety in playstyle. Just take Axe/Legionnaire, Battle Hunger actually opens up a lot of play styles and builds, Charge just means that all you will ever be doing is Charge>Taunt>Ult (or just Blink>Taunt>Charge) and then run around in circles. For most HoN heroes you just had to read the tooltips once and you usually had a good idea how to play that hero, and then it gets boring after a few games. Same goes for items, introduction of an item like Spellshards killed almost all build variety for a lot of heroes, and it was a boring passive item too.

Hell, out of the heroes you mentioned I only know Panda and Dampeer and they were both based exactly on the premise I mentioned, pick a target > use all your abilities as fast as you can > run in circles. It comes very close to LoL in terms of having a lot of heroes with very similar skillsets and playstyles. I don't see that design repeat itself in DotA nearly as much as it did in HoN.

Like I said, there isn't a single hero I'd like to play any more. I don't even think there's a HoN hero that would make DotA a better game. When playing HoN I was constantly annoyed that there was no Tinker, no Invoker, no Batrider, no Meepo. No Bounty Hunter but a fucking sorry excuse of a stealth hero in garbage Scout. And since they stopped porting Dota 2 heroes at the end of beta I knew I'd never see them and I lost more hope every 2 weeks when I saw them add another awfully designed hero that was usually utterly broken or really bad.

And yes, it was quite funny how they made Queen of Skill even stronger.
    The only HoN heroes i miss are The Chipper, Nomad and Oogie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Damage per pulse: 110
    Pulses w/o Agh: 6/8/10
    Damage w/o Agh: 660, 880, 1100

Pulses w/ Agh: 8,10,12
    Damage w/ Agh: 880, 1100, 1320

Veil: 25% increase in magic damage.

So, let's find out what the damage is per pulse with the Veil compared to without:
    6: 825 compared to 660
    8: 1100 compared to 880
    10: 1375 compared to 1100
    12: 1650 compared to 1320

Veil scales better in damage with his Epicenter. A level 2 Epicenter + veil is the same damage as a level 2 epicenter + Aghanims, and at level 3 the veil is slightly stronger. Veil is also a lot cheaper, and helps allied and your own magic damage in a fight. The advantage of Aghanims is really in the decreased cooldown, but generally that won't make up for the added damage from Veil. One more note: it takes more time for the Aghanims to do damage than it does for the Veil. Faster damage tends to be better.

But if you're just going for ridiculous, you could get both.
    Last edited by Jaxi; 2013-09-05 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

DK announced their new roster: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=428153

BurNIng, Mushi, iceiceice, LaNm, and MMY

I'm still fairly new to watching competitive Dota, but this seems to have the potential to be a very good team.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-09-05 at 04:11 PM.

how its even going to work ?

mushi/ice jumps to kill someone expecting backup and chinese are like "nope jungle just respawned back to farming" ;s?

individual skill is very high i hope that they can find synergy

I'm wondering the same thing. Will be interesting to see if the Chinese players learn some things from Mushi and iceiceice. I'm excited (and hopeful) to see if they find synergy as well, iceiceice is one of my favorite players.

Veil helps burrowstrike damage, and with blink dagger you're going to land a burrowstrike on at least one hero so you can't forget that.

Another problem with the new DK is: I have to insert them into my favorite teams list! Now it's gonna be something like: Kaipi (because SingSing is my favorite player), Na`Vi, DK, Team Liquid. That's too many teams to try to root for!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Another problem with the new DK is: I have to insert them into my favorite teams list! Now it's gonna be something like: Kaipi (because SingSing is my favorite player), Na`Vi, DK, Team Liquid. That's too many teams to try to root for!
    SingSing eh? I've always found him to be too immature. I think my favorite duo to watch play is Dendi and Puppy, especially after their Pudge/Chen combo against TongFu. They're crowd pleasures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    SingSing eh? I've always found him to be too immature. I think my favorite duo to watch play is Dendi and Puppy, especially after their Pudge/Chen combo against TongFu. They're crowd pleasures.
    he acts like that on stream

afaik hes considered as super tryhard by other pros

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    He can be quite immature, especially while he's streaming, but I really enjoy his play. Dendi is actually my second favorite player, not only because he's really good, but also because of his great personality.

Bulldog, Dendi, and iceiceice are my favorite pro streamers. Bulldog especially because even games he loses hard are incredibly fun. I wish all players were like that.