10+ Year Old Account
    Intersting. From what i've seen from Smite and LoL games, Wukong is different in both these games, i wonder how they will do him in dota

what the heck is Sun Wukong? never heard of it. pitlord would be fine to me, but phoenix? Ill gladly see him not released atleast for a year and a half.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    what the heck is Sun Wukong? never heard of it. pitlord would be fine to me, but phoenix? Ill gladly see him not released atleast for a year and a half.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to_the_West

An old chineese epic, if you are into books its a good read.

Here's a guide to the DotA quest, if you're interested (spoilers): http://www.dota-utilities.com/2013/1...est-guide.html

Wukong is not going to be released in dota 2 soon, my bet is on pit lord or oracle.

When would you pick Undying? I feel that he's probably good for early 5 man push strats thanks to his tomb and heals. But other than that this hero feels bad at everything. A friend of mine likes this hero for some fucked up reason and I try to convince him to pick this hero less frequently, since with Undying we lose the early game very hard, unless I pick something like Lion to provide nukes and disables for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjalar View Post
    When would you pick Undying?
    Any game? Personally I love playing UD dual long lanes and shitting on enemy carry + support combos, or even just playing him as a safe lane support which works reasonably well. Usually I max Tomb first with 1 point in the other 2 spells and go Orb of Venom, (Stout), Boots > Arcs and Urn and just TP anywhere enemies are being overly aggressive in, drop Tomb and Decay and Ult and roll around trying to bait them into attacking me instead of my teammates. Maxed out Tombstone is almost impossible to fight against for the first ~20 minutes of a game if the fight would have been remotely fair without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been called a noob, cheap picker and noskill hero for building vanguard and S&Y on Doombringer and stomping people faces
    But i still have ~500 ping on RU servers, probably will switch back to EU

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Any game? Personally I love playing UD dual long lanes and shitting on enemy carry + support combos, or even just playing him as a safe lane support which works reasonably well. Usually I max Tomb first with 1 point in the other 2 spells and go Orb of Venom, (Stout), Boots > Arcs and Urn and just TP anywhere enemies are being overly aggressive in, drop Tomb and Decay and Ult and roll around trying to bait them into attacking me instead of my teammates. Maxed out Tombstone is almost impossible to fight against for the first ~20 minutes of a game if the fight would have been remotely fair without it.
    All of this makes sense for the 7th minute of the game and later. My problem with UD is that it's almost useless in the early game, since he has no disables and nukes, when tomb is maxed first (which is what I would do in like 99% of matches to be useful in mid game). As a result, can't gank well, can't babysit, can't harrass enemies on the lane - his positive impact on the game during the first 6-7 minutes is rather low.

Deleted
    All of this makes sense for the 7th minute of the game and later. My problem with UD is that it's almost useless in the early game, since he has no disables and nukes, when tomb is maxed first (which is what I would do in like 99% of matches to be useful in mid game). As a result, can't gank well, can't babysit, can't harrass enemies on the lane - his positive impact on the game during the first 6-7 minutes is rather low.
    UD is strong on the lane on early levels. With Decay spam, you can't really kill him and just 1 or 2 points in Tomb makes your enemies unable to dive you because they'll just die. I'd say the opposite, UD falls off when it comes to mid game when enemies have enough damage to kill Tomb and he lacks ganking power.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I've been called a noob, cheap picker and noskill hero for building vanguard and S&Y on Doombringer and stomping people faces
    But i still have ~500 ping on RU servers, probably will switch back to EU
    I found your problem!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    UD is strong on the lane on early levels. With Decay spam, you can't really kill him and just 1 or 2 points in Tomb makes your enemies unable to dive you because they'll just die. I'd say the opposite, UD falls off when it comes to mid game when enemies have enough damage to kill Tomb and he lacks ganking power.
    Yeah i agree with this UD really falls off if he doesnt get some kills early. Once the other team can right click the tombstone down in a couple hits he is worthless if he doesnt have a decent exp lead. I think his lane presence is huge though.

That's why you pair him with heroes that work with him. All you need is another hero with a disable to make your rank 1/2 Stone spawn a few zombies, or just the ability to bait enemies into trying to fight you. Try playing a Veno + UD lane or something and you have the power to slow enemies to the point where they practically walk backwards by the time you hit level 2. Besides UD with boots, stout and/or OoV will outmanfight most heroes on a lane just with the power of level 1 Decay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    That's why you pair him with heroes that work with him. All you need is another hero with a disable to make your rank 1/2 Stone spawn a few zombies, or just the ability to bait enemies into trying to fight you.
    Yeah, like I said earlier, that's exactly the reason why I feel like I absolutely have to pick something disable-heavy, like Lion, when my friend picks UD - otherwise we just can't kill anything and get shit on easily during the early game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    That's odd, because that's not what I see. Maybe my friend is just bad with this hero though, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    I found your problem!
    It's not that bad. I hear the "noob" thing, deserved or not, being targeted at me or other people on EUE, EUW and RU servers from people of all nationalities that queue there. No point in trying to make it look like a RU-exclusive thing. There are tons of idiots and assholes everywhere and this simple thought is also true for Dota 2 playerbase.

UD one of the strongest lane heroes in the game.

Also one of the strongest team fight heroes in the game.

Guess you guys have never been hit by a 780 damage starfall from PotM before.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/O4yaDIl.png

cyborgmatt just posted that with "rise from the ashes #dota 2"

https://twitter.com/Cyborgmatt/statu...20666248548352

Ive no idea what it means but it says phoenix so i am officially jumping on the hype train.

Deleted
    hype! kinda fits with the chinese theme

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, like I said earlier, that's exactly the reason why I feel like I absolutely have to pick something disable-heavy, like Lion, when my friend picks UD - otherwise we just can't kill anything and get shit on easily during the early game.

That's odd, because that's not what I see. Maybe my friend is just bad with this hero though, who knows.

It's not that bad. I hear the "noob" thing, deserved or not, being targeted at me or other people on EUE, EUW and RU servers from people of all nationalities that queue there. No point in trying to make it look like a RU-exclusive thing. There are tons of idiots and assholes everywhere and this simple thought is also true for Dota 2 playerbase.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpIyCwApaSg

there is a video of what a slightly fed UD can do, keep in mind tombstone by this point isnt as strong as it is at level 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Hahaha I know what you mean but why do you not like him? He's kind of like Slark I think.

So fun to play. Not so fun to play against.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention whoever was playing that UD was insanely bad. Didn't spam decay enough on grouped heroes and also didn't use Soul Rip........
    wait, did you even watch the cooldowns at all? they were almost spammed on cd, i hit 3 with my first decay and then they spread out. i was doomed for the first while so obviously nothing and then almost used everything on cd, minus a missed sould rip on the last person to die, which clearly made the difference.... jesus christ lighten up.