1. #11901
    I think that game aint a good point out to the hero strengh. Radiant easy lane was completly terribly played, he wasnt zoned out enough.

  2. #11902
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    I think that game aint a good point out to the hero strengh. Radiant easy lane was completly terribly played, he wasnt zoned out enough.
    What do you mean? I watched the first 5 minutes and I think the Disruptor played great. He did what he could to stop the Phoenix and that is against one of the best off laner in the world right now.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-02-13 at 06:08 PM.

  3. #11903
    Weaver was completly passive from level 1 from what I remember for like 4-5mins, overfocused on last hiting where he had a lot of window to put a little pressure. That was enough.

    Reminds me of a game where I was agains drow and some support on clock. Hit drow 4 times in the face and wiped both.

    And anyway, Id love to see a game where enemy team isnt stomped after 10min. Stomps are stomps.

    Btw, what are you up to nowadays Ariadne

  4. #11904
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    So you bascially mention most of the things that separeate a bad and good carry and you are implying you can do it as well as any pro? Then what else is there that make Swiftending have so much higher average GPM than you and that make him a "10x" better player?
    You know dota 2 isnt just mechanical skill right?

  5. #11905
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    You know dota 2 isnt just mechanical skill right?
    How do map awareness, knowing when to fight, knowing where to farm have anything to do with mechanical skill? I don't know what you're trying to say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Weaver was completly passive from level 1 from what I remember for like 4-5mins, overfocused on last hiting where he had a lot of window to put a little pressure. That was enough.

    And anyway, Id love to see a game where enemy team isnt stomped after 10min. Stomps are stomps.

    Btw, what are you up to nowadays Ariadne
    Weaver is a low range hero. iceiceice is very strong 1v1 player. He won't go into Weavers attack range unless needed to and notice how iceiceice keeps aggroing creeps back to his range creep so he can stand far away from Weaver and Weaver having iceiceice melee creep's next to him. If Weaver would try to right click Phoenix, who has longer range, he would just push the lane more and give iceiceice even more experience.

    I'm just playing Dota mostly.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-02-13 at 06:48 PM.

  6. #11906
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    You know dota 2 isnt just mechanical skill right?
    That guy listed allalmost all skills you need to be decent player and said "even a complete idiot can do this pretty much flawlessly". I think that it don't need to be explained that he was completely wrong.
    But yes, even 100% "mechanical skill" performance is not enough. Making decisions based on situation AND performing 100% "mechanical skill" AND paying attention to game that what makes you a good player.But again, "complete idiot" won't be able to be good at anything he and/or i mentioned. I was outraged when i've read veiledy0 post, because, he basically said "perform like a pro player, even complete idiot can do this flawlessly". And i can't do this, i still miss some last hits with 10 health left on creep, or due to missile travel time, i still miss skillshot based spells, etc. Again, he just called 95% of dota 2 community "complete idiots" because they don't have "mechanical skill" of pro player.

  7. #11907
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    If Weaver would try to right click Phoenix, who has longer range, he would just push the lane more and give iceiceice even more experience.
    Weaver could always move in top without agroing creeps, 1 hiting and droping agro off creep.

  8. #11908
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That guy listed allalmost all skills you need to be decent player and said "even a complete idiot can do this pretty much flawlessly".
    The key word being almost. I know I can do all of it, and I'm quite bad at this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    he basically said "perform like a pro player, even complete idiot can do this flawlessly".
    Don't know how you've gotten this out of the context. Professional players do much more, first thing on the list being that they're able to play as a team, and have the same state of mind as the other 4 players on their team, which is way more important than any of the mechanical factors, almost up to the point where none of the mechanical skills even matter, because they are so easy for them to pull off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And i can't do this, i still miss some last hits with 10 health left on creep, or due to missile travel time, i still miss skillshot based spells, etc.
    Everyone does, it's just the rate at which you do it that matters.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

  9. #11909
    This just in - DotA is not a hard game. More at '11.

  10. #11910
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Havent ever seen treant in ranked, what do you guys think? Cause I cant remember the last time I lost a pub match with him, guaranteed denies early due to high base dmg, unlimited tower sustain/amazing right click guard absolutely love the guy.
    I play him a lot in ranked, im at low mmr though. I have a decent win rate with him, but i never see anyone else playing him, i guess a lot of people at my mmr just dont like his playstyle, most people cant even check the minimap every few seconds to see if middles missing so they wouldnt be much good keeping an eye on their entire team.

  11. #11911
    Stood in the Fire Malkazam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    490
    Any tips for Slandar ? I'm already good with it but i would love to be better.

    I already go for Vanguard/desolator combo right after my boot but maybe i'm doing wrong.
    \m/(-_-)\m/

    I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

  12. #11912
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    Any tips for Slandar ? I'm already good with it but i would love to be better.

    I already go for Vanguard/desolator combo right after my boot but maybe i'm doing wrong.
    you need blink dagger i think

    also try centaur warrunner

  13. #11913
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    I play him a lot in ranked, im at low mmr though. I have a decent win rate with him, but i never see anyone else playing him, i guess a lot of people at my mmr just dont like his playstyle, most people cant even check the minimap every few seconds to see if middles missing so they wouldnt be much good keeping an eye on their entire team.
    Its so ***** Annoying if the enemy team is "native" bkb holder. It makes it a free win sometimes if you can just ulti those carries.

  14. #11914
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    Any tips for Slandar ? I'm already good with it but i would love to be better.

    I already go for Vanguard/desolator combo right after my boot but maybe i'm doing wrong.
    rush dagger then build anything else you want, avoid vanguard unless you are balling out of control.

    something like boots > dagger > armlet > bkb > assault.

  15. #11915
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,262
    Blink dagger is ok on him but I find it depends on the team comp. If you have somebody else who is already playing the main blink dagger initiator like Magnus or Enigma then you will be better off investing gold elsewhere.

    I tend to do boots -> drums and then everything is situational. Armlet is okay but I generally prefer using it on heroes who have some form of lifesteal but I do use it every now and again. I find desolator to be a little overkill on the anti armour, especially if you plan on going AC later which also gives you the bonus AS which is nice for those bash procs.

  16. #11916
    Deleted
    I think SADBOYS got great chance of winning TI4. I know it's early to call but Arteezy created a team with some of the best NA has to offer and he plays mid completely different from anyone else. They just play solid Dota, playing what they're good at and don't really follow the meta. I want to see how they fare up against Na'Vi or DK.

  17. #11917
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I think SADBOYS got great chance of winning TI4. I know it's early to call but Arteezy created a team with some of the best NA has to offer and he plays mid completely different from anyone else. They just play solid Dota, playing what they're good at and don't really follow the meta. I want to see how they fare up against Na'Vi or DK.
    Sadboys have been playing really well, but DK navi and Alliance are literally leagues above them.

    SB Best NA hands down, but that's not saying much.

  18. #11918
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Sadboys have been playing really well, but DK navi and Alliance are literally leagues above them.

    SB Best NA hands down, but that's not saying much.
    I think leagues above is an over exaggeration. What is scary about SADBOYS is that they are so versatile. Arteezy has played farming mids mostly but people seem to forget that his signature heroes used to be Puck, TA, QoP and Storm which he hasn't played that much. I'm not worried about them being able to match up against the best but just about their dedication and team morale if they start losing.

  19. #11919
    im happy to see zai and ppd perform well

    even though peterpandam literally has no manners, no other team (besides fnatic maybe) can draft hon strats

    i really enjoyed the sven mid with blink dagger game they had versus speed with the bristleback/cm/visage trilane

  20. #11920
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I think leagues above is an over exaggeration. What is scary about SADBOYS is that they are so versatile. Arteezy has played farming mids mostly but people seem to forget that his signature heroes used to be Puck, TA, QoP and Storm which he hasn't played that much. I'm not worried about them being able to match up against the best but just about their dedication and team morale if they start losing.
    I used the term "leagues above" because it is fact. The majority of SADBOYS' games have been against semi pro tier teams which is a completely different level of play than say DK or Na'vi are accustomed to. I have hope for SADBOYS and I'll keep betting rares on them (Arteezy has won me like 20 items so far), but like you said, I'm gonna need to see them play a high tier game before I go as far to say they can win TI4.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •