Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Just watched IG vs Newbee. Its so sad seeing a team ahead/outplaying opponents and losing because of the Dire Advantage...
    I haven't watched the game but you know Radiant also has advantages, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Earth Spirit. I hate you so much.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I haven't watched the game but you know Radiant also has advantages, right?
    What are the exact advantages overall? I'm honestly curious, because the only things I can think of are Dire has Roshan closer, and Radiant has Ancient creeps right near mid, are there more than that though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What are the exact advantages overall? I'm honestly curious, because the only things I can think of are Dire has Roshan closer, and Radiant has Ancient creeps right near mid, are there more than that though?
    Radiant offlane is generally safer and easier to get experience from. The offlaner can also use the pull camp more easily. Radiant mid lane is also considered better than Dire. You are closer to the tower, you have a medium and hard camp to farm from, you got ancients if you are a hero like Tinker. The safe lane has three camps which they can use when they pull creeps and it's easier to zone out a Dire offlaner.

to add to that:
    radiant:
    • usually get first-pick
    • jungle has a spot that can block two camps with one ward/unit
    • four choke-points in jungle+ancients
    • safer jungle
    • easier to chain-pull (you don't need to stack)
    • used to be able to pull mid lane

dire:
    • faster jungle
    • three jungle choke-points(and no ancients)
    • easier to stack ancients as the offlaner (beast master offlane isn't nearly as viable on radiant side)
    • easier to pull safe lane

Alright, once pointed out now I see what you mean! Makes sense now, thank you!

Also one of the biggest advantage of radiant is the camera angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    ive heard people saying this but i havent experienced it personally

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    I can see it being an advantage for some but biggest? For me the camera angle doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    ive heard people saying this but i havent experienced it personally
    Going up feel more natural, you also have more vision and you dont have the risk of miss clicking in the minimap or any part of the hud when you are chasing, even in arpgs people recommend to always go north.

There was a post in reddit about this link and a dotametric post link 2

In FPS games, its easier to drag the mouse down than up with more precision.

Frankly the matter of camera angle is a weak case. I mean, we perceive an image 'starting' in the top left, but from a perspective standpoint the closest position is in the bottom left. We perceive depth as distance. Etc. All that is fine, but unlike a picture we have a videogame and use mouse/keyboard, which changes that balance.

TL;DR - Whether or not camera angle matters is a discussion by itself. Whose advantage it really is isn't necessarily a given imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Frankly the matter of camera angle is a weak case. I mean, we perceive an image 'starting' in the top left, but from a perspective standpoint the closest position is in the bottom left. We perceive depth as distance. Etc. All that is fine, but unlike a picture we have a videogame and use mouse/keyboard, which changes that balance.

TL;DR - Whether or not camera angle matters is a discussion by itself. Whose advantage it really is isn't necessarily a given imo.
    No man, it's one of the biggest advantages for Radiant. Trust me. I use it all the time to avoid ganks better.

Navi vs Alliance and Dendi on sniper game #1

I start to question the item choices more and more every day on this people.

Dendi - ITS CALLED DIMINISHING RETURNS on ATTACK SPEED FOR GOD SAKE. Who cares if you have a damn 0.25 attack a second if you hit for 20dmg (becouse of armor), and headshot procs dont make for the lack of dmg.

Picking so much attack speed on hero that has already a great Agi gain is such a damn waste. Worst part I see people in pubs repeat the same mistake over and over when you are on #1 position. You might win the early game somehow but you aint gonna cover the lack of dmg post 40min when you hit like a wet noodle.

Be a man and build Deso, Deadalus and Cuirass on sniper. You have to headshot people, from 100% to 40% with a single hit... Pussy builds.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-04-14 at 08:17 PM.

what item did he get on sniper¿?

MoM -> Mael -> blink -> Mjolnir and Demon's Age but it was already too late. He couldnt chop more than 20% of Tiny HP in 20sec.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-04-14 at 09:25 PM.

Any attack speed past the MoM there sounds pretty wasted tbf.

Wasting 2k on blink doesn't help.

Yeah, I went there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Wasting 2k on blink doesn't help.

Yeah, I went there.
    Honestly I'm confused as to why you'd even want a blink dagger on sniper, since he has ridiculous range anyway, only usage I see is for get away, which wouldn't force staff be a better choice since it can be used while getting hit, and has hp regen and intel for about the same cost? I would say Shadow Blade for the attack speed and damage, but it's a bit more expensive and can be countered.

Unless there's some uber strat I'm missing.

I remember one pro team did the blink dagger sniper, its insane because nobody can run from you, also you can cover a lot of the map with your ult + blink.