10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Oceanic/Australian servers are now full of non-English speaking Asians.

I don't want to sound racist but it's enraging that I have to play with them when they won't/can't communicate.

I don't know if these people actually live in Australia or for some reason they won't queue SEA. It's mind boggling.

My list of problems with the matchmaking just grows and grows.
    ?? Have not run into this problem at all. I mean sure, there is some Asian people game - game. But not nearly as much as you're suggesting.

I understand why terror is still not in CM. If ember or radi naga was retarded at some point, this bro is naga and ember at the same time.

Sven vs Terrorblade is cool. you have 5 illusions and manta? well that's nice, let me just kill all of it together with the rest of your team in 1 hit. The hardest thing about playing against Terrorblade is convincing your team that the game is not over when you've lost all of your outer towers at 20th minute, because your Sven has a Daedalus on it's way.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

I don't think Sven stands a shot against TB. Any TB worth his salt is going to get a Skadi and Sven will never get to hit him. The biggest difference between those two heroes is that TB essentially gets Sven's ultimate at level 1, and he gets it with ranged as well. Nothing like a 200 damage TB at level 7 killing supports in 3 hits. That's really what makes the hero broken, in my opinion anyway, screw how fast he can split push and farm, hyper carrys are supposed to be gankable and easy to harass and shut down. Not only will TB out harass you, he can flat out kill just about any support with his spell combo at level 3 or 5, especially with his own support helping, and if you try to gank him he will just lolsunder and kill you too.

The only way to stop TB is to win before he does, just like the other half a dozen hyper carrys. Strength carrys are not typically good at out carrying agility heroes until they're maybe 6 slotted, but they farm way slower than agility so that's not usually a viable strategy. The problem with TB is that he gets strong at 4 minutes and not 40 like antimage or naga or morphling etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    What MMR are you at in ranked? My Solo MMR fluctuates between 3500-3700. Trench tier.

Let me assure you there are tons of non-english speaking Asians in Trench. With all the other problems I have with matchmaking I get this bullshit.
    The thing is, I don't played ranked! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Any TB worth his salt is going to get a Skadi and Sven will never get to hit him.
    Not really true. TB shares the same weakness as most agility carries do, he's weak to lockdown, and if he gets initiated on, he's dead. He can't get a Linken's/BKB before Sven gets a Blink. Same goes for Tiny, except he needs Agh's to deal with the illusions, unlike Sven who can get a Daedalus instead and cut through the entire army of Terrorblades in 2 hits.

TB is not really that hard to shut down, because his illusions are fairly weak early on, and he still needs to farm with the actual hero, so most ganking disablers can kill him with some help.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Not really true. TB shares the same weakness as most agility carries do, he's weak to lockdown, and if he gets initiated on, he's dead. He can't get a Linken's/BKB before Sven gets a Blink. Same goes for Tiny, except he needs Agh's to deal with the illusions, unlike Sven who can get a Daedalus instead and cut through the entire army of Terrorblades in 2 hits.

TB is not really that hard to shut down, because his illusions are fairly weak early on, and he still needs to farm with the actual hero, so most ganking disablers can kill him with some help.
    If TB has Skadi I rather doubt Sven will kill him over the duration of his stun. Add in other stuns and then it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    If TB has Skadi I rather doubt Sven will kill him over the duration of his stun. Add in other stuns and then it's possible.
    If you're talking about ganking TB, I don't know why would you even try doing it with 1 hero. If it is a teamfight, TB may not die in the stun, but Sven will proceed to 1 shot anyone on TB's team who tries to help and clear all TB's illusions with the first attack, which makes it fairly easy for the rest of Sven's team to focus TB.

There are many ways to counter TB. If you're afraid of his early pushing power, lane a Dark Seer against him, and you get the double benefit of making your tower safe from TB, plus avoiding any potential feeding when he has Meta up because you don't ever have to come close to creeps. If you want to counter him in teamfights, Sven will annihilate all TB's teamfight presence, and even if he does get the Sunder off, you can still kill him because he hits like a wet noodle on Sven's gazillion armor, and all it takes is 1 crit to bring him back to the amount of HP he had when he Sundered you.

TB is an overpowered hero, but he's not really as indestructible as people present him to be.

They need to nerf TB base run speed. 315 like really valve considering that manta is baseline (even early drums to speed the farm) item for him makes him much unlikely to get succesfully ganked if the enemy team doesnt have burst and enough disables. You are very likely to run away from oh shit situation.

I hate this hero ability to basicly 5vs1, even if you get cought, you have a decent chance to take down 2-3+ heroes with you. Its beyond radicoulous becouse how decieving he is.

Lesson I learned, dont try to sunder with earthshaker around. That shit has so long cast time.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-04-22 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    I've yet to have any problems against a TB, easy to gank early.

WHAT? Metamorphosis discoints projectiles on terror.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    WHAT? Metamorphosis discoints projectiles on terror.
    0.35 sec window to dodge

Deleted
    TB is extremely strong in pubs if you know how to play him, in my opinion. His strength lies in the fact that he is a carry that has a strong laning presence and amazing ability to not get caught out while farming. Illusions don't need to be tanky when you use them to push out lanes to establish map control and meanwhile you are ungankable because you are farming jungle. Enemy has to ward your woods/their woods and smoke gank to catch you or be in such a lead that they can just walk into your jungle without worrying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    I've yet to have any problems against a TB, easy to gank early.
    From that perspective any hero is easy to gank early. I don't know what mmr you're playing at if you didn't have any problems with TB yet tbh. He's pretty sick. He's not as overpowered as the old Earth Spirit , but he would be a top tier pick/ban.

i think tb illus deal too much damage early on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    From that perspective any hero is easy to gank early. I don't know what mmr you're playing at if you didn't have any problems with TB yet tbh. He's pretty sick. He's not as overpowered as the old Earth Spirit , but he would be a top tier pick/ban.
    4.4k in party games atm.

Only have problems with him after 2 core items, same as any carry.

So TB is op now? lol.

Deleted
    I find it interesting how meta changes between brackets. I remember people saying ES wasn't that strong in lower brackets and I'd agree. My friend who was fairly new to Dota 2 once complained about how OP Huskar and Ursa were.

I understand why some consider TB not OP. When I face bad TBs I don't find it annoying or hard at all.

Doesn't anyone else get these aha-moments when they play Dota 2 and face a good player with a good hero? Like: "Aha, that's how the hero is supposed to be played. Damn, that's annoying to play against".

TB is currently pretty powerful, when ever people say hes easy to gank i chuckle a little. Compared to which carry with simular damage? The only way to harras TB is via magic damage to boot, he has the highest base armor in the entire game at lvl 1. Hes one of the better carry to get an early first blood as well. Hes like a naga siren with more early kill potential, are we gona call Naga siren weak or something? The only thing he doesnt do as good or better than naga is being safe because of the song. Otherwise hes pretty safe if you play illusions heroes well. There are supports that can harras him for sure, some heroes that can shut him down. So does Lycan, Naga, Ember spirit and Natures prophet, you cant deny how powerful they are at what they do, TB is in the same boat in my opinion. You have to counter pick a TB that knows what hes doing well.

Like all the others i mentioned, the thing is that TB is in the category of heroes that even if you counter pick, in his case lots of nuking supports to shut him down. If its a good TB that know how to safely play illusion bases heroes, chance are he will still be pretty damn effective for his team. Its not a hard counter like picking pugna vs skywrath, where you pretty much made the other pick useless all game.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2014-04-22 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Hes one of the better carry to get an early first blood as well.
    This is my major issue with TB, his ability to get first blood is way too crazy from what I've seen, and it's usually always via his stupid slowing immune illusion. Personally I wouldn't complain if they removed the immunity and just had it's damage taken decrease each level until it becomes immune, rather than start off immune. But I'm not sure if that's how higher TB's are getting their first bloods.