10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched a Darer vs Mouz game. Who is this Sayuri chick and why haven't I heard of her before? She was co-casting with Tobi and the lady really knows her shit. Maybe not as amusing as SingSing, but she's a lot more informative.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Side Note: Does anybody give a damn about the lore of this game? I've completely ignored it entirely since I started playing like 5-6 years ago yet everytime I look at new item designs in the Steam workshop there's a lot of butthurt how it doesn't "fit in with the lore"
    people are complaining because they dont want "silly hats" in "their" game

i have read the whole lore avalible for dota 1 and im halfway through dota 2

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Just watched a Darer vs Mouz game. Who is this Sayuri chick and why haven't I heard of her before? She was co-casting with Tobi and the lady really knows her shit. Maybe not as amusing as SingSing, but she's a lot more informative.
    She's ex-player of some team I can't really remember right now if we're talking about the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    She's ex-player of some team I can't really remember right now if we're talking about the same person.
    Yes, and she was a manager sort of thing in MyM and is the girlfriend of legendary dota player Merlini.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Yes, and she was a manager sort of thing in MyM and is the girlfriend of legendary dota player Merlini.
    She is not Merlinis girlfriend, they are very good friends tho. Unfortunately her joinDota Interview was taken down, so no source.

Demon, Merlini and Sayuri are from California and know each other because of their skill level/LANs/history in competitive scene

Spent all day in US servers today. It seems all garbage players are in US or I'm extremly unlucky...I thought it can't be worse than EU. This game is full with garbage players...Good LoL players in LoL, same for HoN..all garbage from those games are in Dota2 Beta...today was the worst of my DotA2 experience. This game too hard for humanity I guess.

There is no way they can fix solo matchmaking I believe even if it takes your stats(not W/L ratio) in consideration it won't work because if enemy team gets feeded your stats will fuck up as well. I think we're doomed to stupid player base.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-02 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    people are complaining because they dont want "silly hats" in "their" game

i have read the whole lore avalible for dota 1 and im halfway through dota 2
    I understand not wanting silly hats but some just don't many any sense to me

She's probably one of the most vile people I have ever met in my DotA life. I had the misfortune of playing with her through my friend giX and have also played with her some in DotA2 that she's shown up in, unfortunately. It seems the top tier players all know each other quite a bit, I feel fortunate that I only know a couple of them.

I do find it funny, at least, that all the old DotA1 players have come crawling back slowly. The same old communities are being rebuilt, will be interesting to see a copy and paste of the DotA1 competitive community in DotA2.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-07-03 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    She's probably one of the most vile people I have ever met in my DotA life. I had the misfortune of playing with her through my friend giX and have also played with her some in DotA2 that she's shown up in, unfortunately. It seems the top tier players all know each other quite a bit, I feel fortunate that I only know a couple of them.

I do find it funny, at least, that all the old DotA1 players have come crawling back slowly. The same old communities are being rebuilt, will be interesting to see a copy and paste of the DotA1 competitive community in DotA2.
    Meh, seemed to be pretty knowledgeable when she was co-casting with Tobi.

I'm not really concerned about the competitive scene. I'd love to see those arrogant Na'Vi pricks get taken down like IdrA did, though.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Meh, seemed to be pretty knowledgeable when she was co-casting with Tobi.

I'm not really concerned about the competitive scene. I'd love to see those arrogant Na'Vi pricks get taken down like IdrA did, though.
    Didn't that already happen? =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't that already happen? =p
    Nah, they need to keep getting pooped on until they're just a massive joke.

Like IdrA. IdrA was "King of Beta," and then once real competition started showing up people quickly realized he's pretty awful compared to other professional players.

Mostly I hate Na'Vi because they went for the OMINOUS LATIN NAME route for their team.

Its funny in e-Sports that you are either the best or you are god awful and shouldnt play the game.

Nah, they need to keep getting pooped on until they're just a massive joke.

Like IdrA. IdrA was "King of Beta," and then once real competition started showing up people quickly realized he's pretty awful compared to other professional players.

Mostly I hate Na'Vi because they went for the OMINOUS LATIN NAME route for their team.
    The internet is about as fickle as it gets. They will be forgotten real fast, just like everybody else.

I don't think Na'Vi are half as arrogant as people make them sound like. Or at least to me they never come across as arrogant in interviews or streams as much as, well, honest. How "modest" could you possibly be with 0% bullshit after being ranked as the #1 team for 9 months straight? At least I prefer the honesty with a hint of Puppey-ish arrogance approach to being overly modest to the point of who the fuck are you kidding? Puppey himself approximated their chance of winning the next TI around 50% which is, regardless of everything else, at least somewhat realistic.

A lot of people point out their drafting as a sign of arrogance, but again Puppey's said something along the lines of "being unpredictable is critical." Beating Na'Vi is a huge prestige to all the other teams and if they didn't change their strategies at all they would (and have been) eventually get beaten by teams who adapt to them. Obviously that is true for all the top teams, but I imagine most teams put extra effort into preparing to face Na'Vi for that reason. Months ago you could pick up certain patterns in Na'Vi play that quite aren't there any more. You can look at the first game of the finals of The International where Na'Vi picked Pudge against Ehome. You could say that was very arrogant thing to do, but if you watch the game you can tell that the Pudge pick threw the Chinese team completely off balance for a while and gave Na'Vi advantage - even they ultimately lost that match it didn't necessarily have anything to do with that pick.

@Pierakor, I remember it being mentioned in the Valentine's day challenge that they're (still?) together, but I don't really care for that stuff so I don't know of any later developments - other than her feeding on fetuses or whatever it is that makes a person vile.

On an unrelated note, I feel like I'm the only one in here who enjoys solo matchmaking. I mean I usually queue with friends, but I don't find being solo bad at all. Sure there's the occasional random fuckwad or rus-stack but at least those usually give you a good laugh.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-07-03 at 07:02 AM.

Deleted
    Tried to practise support yesterday in a botgame with Zefie.
    I used Wisp. I found him a bit hard to use, but a lot of fun! The supporting itself also took a lot of getting used to, such as stacking the jungle and then pulling the creepline to the jungle etc. This time I really noticed how much there actually is to learn in the game, which I like =)
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2012-07-03 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tweaked my Omniknight build.

Leave first point free, pick heal or repel depending on lane. If you're up against, say, VS+Sven, you're going to need Repel early to prevent them from scoring an automatic first blood with double storm bolt. Otherwise, go for heal. Lane with a hard carry that needs a babysit, ideally ranged - Drow, Viper, etc. Omni's not really capable of scoring easy kills so it's better if you and your partner just focus on maximizing creepscore. Even with a storm bolt, it's difficult to land a nuke due to Omni's hideously long cast animation.

603 starting gold.

Buy courier for your team, 453g.

Buy Ring of Protection, 278g.

Buy Healing Salve, Tango, Clarity, 38g.

If someone else gets the Courier, spend that 150g on a Gauntlets of Strength.

Finish Ring of Basilius in lane as soon as you can.

If you'll be in lane for a while, buy Magic Stick and complete Magic Wand. If you'll need to roam, buy Boots of Speed. Either way, you should have both as soon as possible.

Finish your Bracer. Between Bracer, Magic Wand, and Ring of Basilius you should have enough stats and regen to be able to be useful in the early game and early mid game. Total cost not counting consumables and courier: 1534g.

Your next step should be to pick up an Energy Booster (1000g) to complete your Arcane Boots. This should largely eliminate major mana concerns for the near future for both you and your team. Once you finish Arcane Boots, you've finished your "core."

After that, your next item is going to depend on your team and how well you're doing.

If you have a melee carry and they aren't getting it, you may want to begin going for a Vladimir's Offering. It leaves a slot free for your carry so they don't have to carry it, and you already have the ring. The lifesteal will help your sustain and will increase the power of your creeps for pushing.

If your team is going to be focused on ganking and roaming in the mid game, turn the Bracer into a Drums of Endurance. Move speed will help with positioning for everyone and the stats are great.

If your team is focused on pushing in the mid game, head straight for a Mekansm, getting Buckler first.

Otherwise, I've really been liking Eul's Scepter of Divinity. It's very cheap at 2800g, provides you with more INT and mana regen (it'll entirely erase your mana concerns for the rest of the game), the extra move speed makes it easier to get more use out of Degen Aura (and makes you harder to pin down), and Cyclone's very powerful, basically a mini Disruption. Take the carry out of the fight for a couple seconds, cyclone yourself or a teammate to prevent them from being gibbed in a stun, cyclone someone to keep them from getting away... very powerful ability.

In either case, if you didn't make Mekansm already, you should make it after your previous item.

So your "finished" build assuming an average game would look like: Magic Wand, Arcane Boots, Mekansm, Drums/Vlad/Eul's, empty, empty. Leaves you two slots free for TP scrolls and wards, dusts, smokes, etc.

Never gotten an opportunity to farm them up, but I'd expect Heaven's Halberd and Veil of Discord would be good on Omni. Veil lets him help his team deal more damage (and his nuke's pretty good, too... it's just hard to land with how slow his animations are) and provides him with a lot of armor, regen, and INT. Heaven's Halberd will make it pretty much impossible for someone to escape, and the disarm lets you take the enemy carry out of the fight for a bit.

Radiance is really good on Omni, too, but at 5150g I can't see it as being affordable unless you're stealing kills or farm from your carries.

@Hermanni
    I enjoy solo for the most part, I just don't have a reason to do it much...it's duo-queue that I can't stand. The 3 allies you get are virtually guaranteed to go negative, all of them, and lose their lanes. That's not a fun thing to think about when you're hovering over the "find match" button.

@Pizza
    I just carried a team as Omni, you should watch =p
    The amount of times I saved people from anything and everything including rushing shivas by 20 minutes really boosted the team up to the point where our morphling started doing the whole "kill everyone in two hits" thing that he does. You just really can't stop omni, his support spells are too good.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Hermanni
    I enjoy solo for the most part, I just don't have a reason to do it much...it's duo-queue that I can't stand. The 3 allies you get are virtually guaranteed to go negative, all of them, and lose their lanes. That's not a fun thing to think about when you're hovering over the "find match" button.

@Pizza
    I just carried a team as Omni, you should watch =p
    The amount of times I saved people from anything and everything including rushing shivas by 20 minutes really boosted the team up to the point where our morphling started doing the whole "kill everyone in two hits" thing that he does. You just really can't stop omni, his support spells are too good.
    Omni is hard countered by a diffusal blade hero (esp. riki) and Rubick's going to steal his spells and shit on Omni's team with them. Rubick can turn into an Omniknight with better stats and better animations and Omni doesn't have any "bad" spells for Rubick to steal.

Omni's spells are great, but Omni himself is terrible. His stats and animations are both awful.

@Hermanni
    It kind of depends who you queue with and how heavy they are. I used to queue a lot with a friend who was relatively new and his girlfriend who was even more new, and while we were variably successful even I was mostly messing around it did escalate to a point where she refused to queue with me for a while because she got hammered most of the time.

Omni is pretty awkward as a lane support, after all his heal synergizes with melee heroes but because running a dual melee lane is a terrible idea most of the time you'll have hard time finding a decent lane for yourself, save for some hilariously powerful combos like Omni + Weaver/Morphling/Sand King. I play solo hard support a lot, but Omni and Lion are the two heroes I always refuse to do that job on. What Omni really needs is a solo lane and while he isn't the best carry farm isn't wasted on him, either. Diffusal doesn't make you completely useless, nor does Rubick (as long as you keep him from getting your ult, he might prefer using Spellsteal for someone else) although I wouldn't recommend picking Omni against "natural" Diffusal heroes like Riki, Mirana or Phantom Lancer.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-07-03 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    It kind of depends who you queue with and how heavy they are. I used to queue a lot with a friend who was relatively new and his girlfriend who was even more new, and while we were variably successful even I was mostly messing around it did escalate to a point where she refused to queue with me for a while because she got hammered most of the time.

Omni is pretty awkward as a lane support, after all his heal synergizes with melee heroes but because running a dual melee lane is a terrible idea most of the time you'll have hard time finding a decent lane for yourself, save for some hilariously powerful combos like Omni + Weaver or Omni + Morphling. I play solo hard support a lot, but Omni and Lion are the two heroes I always refuse to do that job on. What Omni really needs is a solo lane and while he isn't the best carry farm isn't wasted on him, either. Diffusal doesn't make you completely useless, nor does Rubick (as long as you keep him from getting your ult, he might prefer using Spellsteal for someone else) although I wouldn't recommend picking Omni against "natural" Diffusal heroes like Riki, Mirana or Phantom Lancer.
    Rubick's only a counter if he's in your area. There literally are no bad spells for him to steal from Omni. He can get a 360 damage heal+nuke, free BKB for his team, and god help you if he steals your ult. In fact, since your ult also provides magic immunity, it can be very difficult to prevent him from stealing it unless you can throw a heal or repel on a creep nearby.

Diffusal Blade counters Omni because he generally has mana issues due to his horrible stats and Repel can be purged. When you put it on a hero like Riki, who can also silence Omni, it becomes pretty disgusting. You can pre-emptively Repel yourself, but then all they have to do is focus you down since you can't heal yourself while Repel is up. If you ult to prevent yourself from dying, they can steal the ult or just back off and push again in 15 seconds.

I have issues imagining Omni doing well in a solo lane. To me he seems like he's most useful as a roamer if he isn't pegged as a babysit - you can really turn early fights around with a heal from the trees or a well-timed Repel. As a solo lane, though, he doesn't have the mana to keep pumping heals (which are his only real method of farming), his attack animation is ghastly slow, and if you stick him versus a ranged hero all you're gonna do is end up hiding by your tower and getting no cs.