Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    But by that definition Rikimaru is OP too.
    How can you fight that which you cannot see?

Joking aside, the only hero I have an issue with right now is Omniknight, and I wouldn't even say he's OP really, just that it's ridiculous how much a good Omniknight can do. He can make your match hell, and in my opinion, he can even make up for carries who overextend too much, since he can just heal them, or even ult to save them and hope they're smart enough to back up.

Deleted
    Well, I talked from my own pubs. And I don't consider heroes OP like the way you seem to think of them. When we looked at pre-nerf TB or Phoenix the heroes just had too much. Those heroes were just strong, no matter how you played agianst them. However, if we look at DP, Troll or Lycan they are all not overpowered but can be strong if people are clueless what to do against them. But by that definition Rikimaru is OP too.

I don't see why you think Troll is OP. Autoattacks aren't that strong in most of the mid game where team fights happen. Spells have much higher priority. And the hero itself doesn't bring much in fights. You have to be right in the fight to do damage but you are easily kited and without BKB you go down fast.

Silencer is easy to deal with if you know how. People just overcommit when Global Silence is up.
    Pre-nerf TB only had OP reflection. Now he's shit. He can still die from burst even while in a babysitting tri-lane.
    He is a melee creep while no meta and sunder is awful since linken blocks it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Pre-nerf TB only had OP reflection. Now he's shit. He can still die from burst even while in a babysitting tri-lane.
    He is a melee creep while no meta and sunder is awful since linken blocks it.
    What do you mean "only"? Pre-nerf TB had insane lane presence, best pushing and he was one of the best farmers in the game and scaled with items incredibly well. His only weakness was fighting without Meta but at those points he could just farm up whole jungles alone while pushing lane.

Deleted
    What do you mean "only"? Pre-nerf TB had insane lane presence, best pushing and he was one of the best farmers in the game and scaled with items incredibly well. His only weakness was fighting without Meta but at those points he could just farm up whole jungles alone while pushing lane.
    By only I meant it was the only thing needed to be nerfed. Health nerf was freaking overkill.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Pizza, i wonder why you didn't included Treant in your OP list.

As for Lycan, i don't have that much experience of playing him (played him couple of times in dota, and one time in dota 2), and i don't want to touch him because you can't tank neutrals with wolves =(

Troll is not that strong, his AAs are weak if they don't proc bash and you don't have items, but his synergy with spells and his dueling power is huge, with recent buff of cast time on his axes he is even better than he used to be. Also, you can't leave him alone on the lane (if you don't want to lose 2 towers). And you can't 1v1 him because, well, blind, burst, slows, stuns. But until he gets BKB+damage item, he is not that good in teamfights.

Deathprophet is basically caster Riki, if people don't know that her ult does significant damage they will be stomped. Also she is very good at pushing towers. Really strong character and enemy will have to get CC to kill you, because LOL SILENCE+MS.

Silencer and Omni is very situational, Silencer can snowball to shit and be annoying asshole on lane, but that's it, his global silence can be easily baited, and people tend to overextend and get wrecked by it. Omni on the other hand is not that strong if he doesn't get assist gold, without items he is easy to kill. He is not one of the "brown boot" supports, he needs decent items
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

troll warlord is strong imo, really good hero for midgame manfighting.. phase boots -> hotd -> medallion -> shadow blade/bkb works really well

core silencer in lane is like an earth shaker that keeps randomly fissuring your lane from fog

it is annoying but it doesnt really kill people

im really not a fan of support silencer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    @Pizza, i wonder why you didn't included Treant in your OP list.
    I don't really think of him as OP. High damage, but he needs lvl 7 before Living Armor is really good, Living Armor falls off in the midgame, and while he has huge base damage, he has garbage base armor. It's just people refusing to deal with him by drafting against him, just like it was with OD.

As for Lycan, i don't have that much experience of playing him (played him couple of times in dota, and one time in dota 2), and i don't want to touch him because you can't tank neutrals with wolves =(
    Max Howl at 7, Feral Impulse afterwards. Leave wolves til midgame. Howl is +50 damage on demand for your entire team at global range with a short cooldown and minimal mana cost, and it's +20 for creeps. Huge, huge, huge ability.

Troll is not that strong, his AAs are weak if they don't proc bash and you don't have items, but his synergy with spells and his dueling power is huge, with recent buff of cast time on his axes he is even better than he used to be. Also, you can't leave him alone on the lane (if you don't want to lose 2 towers). And you can't 1v1 him because, well, blind, burst, slows, stuns. But until he gets BKB+damage item, he is not that good in teamfights.
    Troll defines what "lane bully" means. He can bully a lot of heroes out of the lane and hold his own against those he can't bully. Whirling Axes is extremely good, it was good with 0.20 sec castpoint, it's back to being a bit overpowered with 0 castpoint. Troll ulti wins games.

Deathprophet is basically caster Riki, if people don't know that her ult does significant damage they will be stomped. Also she is very good at pushing towers. Really strong character and enemy will have to get CC to kill you, because LOL SILENCE+MS.
    DP is the same as any big teamfight hero, you want to force their ult when they can't do anything with it. Force her to pop Exorcism, and refuse to fight her while it's up, then push when it's down. She's still useful without her ult, but she can't wreck teamfights. Pubs never seem to understand the concept, though.

Silencer and Omni is very situational, Silencer can snowball to shit and be annoying asshole on lane, but that's it, his global silence can be easily baited, and people tend to overextend and get wrecked by it. Omni on the other hand is not that strong if he doesn't get assist gold, without items he is easy to kill. He is not one of the "brown boot" supports, he needs decent items
    Omni is one of the most situational picks in the game, but he absolutely destroys games if you can draft him into those situations. Probably the best teamfight hero in the game.

Silencer is good in lane and Global Silence can completely destroy certain teams. Works best with an initiator. Have your teammate initiate, Global Silence as the stun ends, or as they're about to start fighting back, and you can pretty much win any teamfight in a pub.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I start with shout,quelling and tangos and u can jungle easy (u tank) or well go for basilious and 2-3 clarity pots and ur wolves can tank easy camps also u gonna have a bunch of mana for wolves but I prefer shout + QB only lvling to 3-4 or so is kinda annoying, but once u get basilius it gets way easier and well then farm vladimir medallion smoke, go roshan and ez game.

also u need max wolves (they're op the first 20 min of the game can solo any support with wolves hitting and medallion to make it easier xD, after that they start being weaker) first wolves, feral impulse then howl, howl isn't really needed unless u're laning and wanting to push fast.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-05-23 at 11:31 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    tahts odd, 2 completely different lycan strats, though i tend to agree with the max howl strat/ being a lane presence one more.

Both strats (like every strat in the game of dota) are completely situational and work well for certain situations.

example: if you have a furion on your team, you'll more than likely go the howl build. It makes trees hit like trucks. First bloods out the wazoo for anyone out of position, plus it makes offlane furion a little more scary.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2014-05-24 at 12:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    tahts odd, 2 completely different lycan strats, though i tend to agree with the max howl strat/ being a lane presence one more.
    It's not just you, it's your entire team. In most cases, it will dramatically outweigh whatever contribution your wolves would provide unless you need them as speedbumps. You want wolves later to maximize tower DPS while split pushing, but before then, Howl makes your entire team much more dangerous.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It's not just you, it's your entire team. In most cases, it will dramatically outweigh whatever contribution your wolves would provide unless you need them as speedbumps. You want wolves later to maximize tower DPS while split pushing, but before then, Howl makes your entire team much more dangerous.
    I, actually, remember wolves being used on offlane Lycan to block neutral spawns, deny runes and being annoying assholes overall. Was fun to look at this
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I, actually, remember wolves being used on offlane Lycan to block neutral spawns, deny runes and being annoying assholes overall. Was fun to look at this
    Could definitely make a case for an early point into wolves for that, definitely. Using wolves like syllabear uses his bear.

Royal Griffin Cub looks terrible. Grats Zephyr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Royal Griffin Cub looks terrible. Grats Zephyr.
    Don't worry, they'll disband once the Koreans get good and they can't get free money.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long is it going to take people to realize that Panda is crazy good right now (Drunken Haze is OP as fuck), and that Agh's basically sucks on him now?

Old-school Radiance build works better than ever now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain to me how exactly the tournament dropsystem works? I don't really understand the explanation from the wiki.
    Heroic items are commemorative items that drop during a Tournament for any ticket-holders watching in-game on DotaTV or on Twitch.tv with a linked Steam account.
    Do I have to watch it ingame with a certain caster, do I have to watch it on twitch and somehow link my profile?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can link steam to twitch in twitch acc options, somewhere under "connections" tab

10+ Year Old Account
    I just found out about that, but do I have to watch said games on the twitch channel or do I have to watch them myself ingame and listen to the caster or both at the same time? That's the part were I am not really sure what to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone see the hidden stretch goal on the compendum at 6.4? o.0 Soon.