im not a great tinker, but if both enemy supports are missing, i only leave tower if i have march cover. they can sit around waiting for me to leave while their sidelanes get raped.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    im not a great tinker, but if both enemy supports are missing, i only leave tower if i have march cover. they can sit around waiting for me to leave while their sidelanes get raped.
    if both enemy supports, are roaming and they're good (and a decent roam combo), at the second u try to lasthit anything, or even not at behind ur t2, u might die anyway. unless a support is behind u to help. we can say, this barely happens. but one single support with lock down + a decent mid is enough to kill the average tinker.

@visage I think he's pretty much useless vs tinker. because march destroy birds, he has good thing to catch him up( the birds lol) and good burst. but meh I love him with tinker, because tp to birds. but picking him against tinker meh.

- - - Updated - - -

on other hand you have cancer heroes like, Panda, razor. so damn annoying
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

On a lighter note about this Tinker debate, I cried the other day because my team killed a tinker just for them all to stay in his march and give him a triple kill after death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    On a lighter note about this Tinker debate, I cried the other day because my team killed a tinker just for them all to stay in his march and give him a triple kill after death.
    "c'mon, faster! what did he dropped?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    rockets arent scary. thats why agha is weak in my opinion. i tried it out a bit and i noticed that is not good enough. you dont actually kill anyone with those rockets. tinker thrives on small and quick skirmishes and dagon is perfect for that.
    What're you talking about? Rockets are probably his best skill for the first 30 mins of the game. 325 dmg to 2 targets at 2500 range and requires no targeting. With agh's it's 325 dmg to 4 targets at 2500 range. How many heroes can survive repeated rocket hits at 25 mins? Supports have, like, 800-900 HP, they're losing like a quarter of their HP with every rocket, and as long as you have wards or something else to provide vision (lol, rexxar hawk) you're doing it from like 2-3x average initiation range.

And if they try to jump on you, you can just blink away and/or they have to run through MoM spam to do it. Spamming 4x rockets over and over and over is going to have a lot more effect on the game than a dagon. I'd only get dagon if I needed Tinker to, like, instagib a carry or something (SF, etc), and that carry was too stupid to buy BKB, or had shitty reaction times.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    I hate tinker.

Impossible to push against, near impossible to gank when he has 5k worth of items, one of the best farmers in game and can blow the shit out of supports all game.

Ugh.
    Yeah. He's not OP but he's definitely on the short list for "most anti-fun heroes."

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    so you agree that by delaying his farm you can win the game because he isnt that strong early?
    It's not "delaying his farm", it's "if we haven't throned at 25 mins just gg out." It's the same concept against megacarries like Spectre, Medusa, Terrorblade, and arguably even Naga. You have a window of opportunity while they're still relatively weak to push and win the game, but the later the game goes, the slimmer your chances of winning become.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    pick a hero that can catch him up and get bkb, he wont be able to do much. you hate tinker so much? just pick furion and get 3-4 nulls, blademail and gank the shit out of him
    Laser -> TP away. Or just blink away.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What're you talking about? Rockets are probably his best skill for the first 30 mins of the game. 325 dmg to 2 targets at 2500 range and requires no targeting. With agh's it's 325 dmg to 4 targets at 2500 range. How many heroes can survive repeated rocket hits at 25 mins? Supports have, like, 800-900 HP, they're losing like a quarter of their HP with every rocket, and as long as you have wards or something else to provide vision (lol, rexxar hawk) you're doing it from like 2-3x average initiation range.

And if they try to jump on you, you can just blink away and/or they have to run through MoM spam to do it. Spamming 4x rockets over and over and over is going to have a lot more effect on the game than a dagon. I'd only get dagon if I needed Tinker to, like, instagib a carry or something (SF, etc), and that carry was too stupid to buy BKB, or had shitty reaction times.
    I don't really find aghanim on tinker as good as you make it out to be. How often do you need 4 rockets by the time you normally get dagon? I don't see people turtling so early in the game to make it worth the cash. If anything, I would rather pay extra 800 and buy bloodstone which gives you much better stats and allows you to stay on lane way longer.
    It can be good for repelling pushes, but I still value the 400 extra single target damage a lot more early-mid game than that.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What're you talking about? Rockets are probably his best skill for the first 30 mins of the game.
    March, I believe, is his best skill for the first 30 mins of the game. I've built Aghs on Tinker on several occasions and while it's usually been good fun I've pretty much always felt like I would have done better with any other item. Perhaps if you really do get a hawk in your team it could be decent, if not you're rarely hitting even 3 targets with rockets if the enemies know how to hide in fog. And it gets worse at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    March, I believe, is his best skill for the first 30 mins of the game. I've built Aghs on Tinker on several occasions and while it's usually been good fun I've pretty much always felt like I would have done better with any other item. Perhaps if you really do get a hawk in your team it could be decent, if not you're rarely hitting even 3 targets with rockets if the enemies know how to hide in fog. And it gets worse at night.
    March is great for preventing people from pushing in on the cheap, but you can't really bring it to the enemy unless you're sieging. Rockets have something like a 3-screen range, so it's very possible to just spam the crap out of them during skirmishing, positioning, and any kind of movement both within teamfights and without.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I'm still not a good Tinker, I must admit. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/873985153

Techies patch. I am already on the side of people saying this hero shouldnt go into play at all. That is becouse 90% people suck so bad. 30min techies 5 land mines entire game, blink suicide rush !

Deleted
    People will stop playing it soon enough, it's not really fun to lose games and get blamed on chat all the time (it's usually techies who gets most hate) even for douchebags. I will probably try them sometime later, now I will focus on playing heroes that counter it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Techies patch. I am already on the side of people saying this hero shouldnt go into play at all. That is becouse 90% people suck so bad. 30min techies 5 land mines entire game, blink suicide rush !
    Brace yourself, you're going to see a lot of it over the weekend

I hate it when people pick Techies, I've always had the impression that the only person in the game who's enjoying it is Techies himself. He's just one of those Heroes that suck the fun out of everything, but unlike Silencer or Tinker he also sucks the fun from his own team too. I'd like to think that's the reason his Ult has a Troll Face on the barrel.

Its different. If people actually try to do sth instead of doing basicly NOTHING. Its like how hard is to click Q every few seconds, get soul ring (noone techies picked it in any game I played) or any mana item its another thing. And wtf is wrong with leavers, without techies in team. Like idiots basicly feed if they dont like how game develops. Murphys law.

Deleted
    lol
    so many instant abandons on hero select if someone picks techies. ....and so many people who do play them suck arse.

In a coordinated team, techies could work, in a pug, nah, its a waste of a slot and a free farm for the other team. Its just too easy to counter them, even if played well (and no one is playing them well right now).

Oh, and i am renaming Zeus to Techiekiller :P

To be fair, I dont like techies, because they take away game enjoyment from people, not because of relative power levels. Its one thing to be ganked or just pwned hard, its another to be walking and just die from a mine. I think the whole design is bad, its going to make it less fun to play and thats not what a new hero should be. It should add to the game, not take somethign away.
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2014-09-04 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    lol
    so many instant abandons on hero select if someone picks techies. ....and so many people who do play them suck arse.

In a coordinated team, techies could work, in a pug, nah, its a waste of a slot and a free farm for the other team. Its just too easy to counter them, even if played well (and no one is playing them well right now).

Oh, and i am renaming Zeus to Techiekiller :P
    You know, I was thinking of heroes that would be good against them and I completely forgot Zeus' free true sight. Can't be hard to remove expected mines with that.

I just had a game where I lock techies to repick.

Everyone picks, I repick 10sec into game. Dude on my team repicks techies instant. Trash player , abandon at 10min MMR.
    Guy types "deal with it" , 10min later into the game we are playing 4vs5 couse he is trash, 5min later abandon.

5th game in a row. No **!@#!@#!@# and I cba captains mode.

yep, its pretty scary when you check dotabuff and the most common build is mine > suicide.

Please keep the rules of the Dota 2 forum in mind and keep venting to a minimum, even though it may be difficult in light of the recent patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You know, I was thinking of heroes that would be good against them and I completely forgot Zeus' free true sight. Can't be hard to remove expected mines with that.
    Isn't range of AA of Zeus is smaller than explosion range of Techies ult?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    yep, its pretty scary when you check dotabuff and the most common build is mine > suicide.
    You want a point in Suicide, to deny the enemy the kill. Of course, this is tougher when the killer is ranged. But I can totally see it fucking up any melee heroes. "oh, shit I'm gonna die, better click suicide!"
    Only tried him out a couple of times against bots, but pudge and axe mid made it so hard to lane at all. The 30 base damage doesn't help at all though, despite 700 range.