Why would someone even care about a non-english commentator?
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Isn't there a whole video of that somewhere? Just Lion and Lina going around double ulting supports?
    yeah it's right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx9SOm3F_xc

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I don't get what people find in v1lat, he is shitty commentator (at least when i tried to watch him commentating on TIs), i'm OK with commentators who analyze and predict what is going to happen, but he spends 40% of time doing it and he is 90% of time horribly wrong. 40% he spends on talking about players, which i'm OK with but not when enemy teams are actually trying to make 1 lvl first blood with smoke. It's like, permanent facepalm when i hear him commentating games, and i swear, at some point he said that Spectre is going to spend stacked ~2k gold on fucking blink dagger. Yeah, right, like, Spectre is not going to stack gold for a Radiance, he is going for blink dagger obviously! And it was BEFORE buff to it and removal of freaking mana cost.
    tbf I find most of the caster do mistakes, stupid ones. I never listened to his stream, cuz I'm dont know cyka, but he has been there since forever doing stuff for doto.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-09-08 at 01:47 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    he has like 1k subs right? twitch get 50% and he get the other 50% after tax so its like 2$ or less per sub (from what I've read).

he would get way more money with a team, he can also stream, so its ok. Also its less risky since most of his money is from donations than subs. he can still have his subs money plus sponsors and shit. less chance of getting big donations (Maybe) but not like he gets 1k donations every day. With the drama he did today he made a lot of money, and with the 24h marathon as well but I bet not even half of what he did today.
    The drama had nothing to do with the subtrain and donations today (I was there from start to finish). He was just playing normally, was in a awesome game with a couple of subs and high ranked players he knew, and they had an amazingly entertaining game, and the mood was good. Then a bunch of guys started subbing and donating and it ended up with a guy donating 1000$. He ended up getting 450 subs or something and 2-3k$. Then as he was about to close down the stream, he was asked about the whole Reddit thing, and he just said that he added his experience. Shortly after, V1lat wrote to Waga on skype a "thumps up". He showed it on stream, under the impression that V1lat was okay with being called out and admitted having made mistakes, so Waga send a thumbs up back.

Later V1lat then send Waga skype message saying how he was a douchebag going behind V1lats back and calling him out like that, and that it was his own fault he got fucked over back in the day. Waga then got quite pissed as the mood suddenly went from super-happy to V1lat coming in and being a major dick, on what is without a doubt his most succesful day ever as a streamer. Waga then got very emotional and basicly told V1lat to go fuck himself. Something he later said he regret and send an apology. The whole drama happened AFTER the whole sub-train thing.

Also, for the whole thing about him joining a team: He said on stream that he had been talking to several teams, but as of right now he has not joined any. Not unofficially either.

the drama on reddit was there already, then it got worse at the end of the stream. anyway my bad I didnt mean to say what I said about him making money of the drama.

also there was a guy giving money to random people to sub to waga stream, crazy stuff

sadly because of this people will hate v1lat even more and he doesn't deserve it, I'm not saying he's a nice guy, but he was one of those trying make doto grow, a long a lot of people that has left because it wasn't worth the risk back then.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-09-08 at 02:22 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Why would someone even care about a non-english commentator?
    Because sometimes non-english speakers watch tournaments? Also, on TI4 i, being a Russian and living here, had huge problems with listening to commentators in EU or US, because of fucking lag, the only reasonable choice was is to listen to Russian commentators, at least now i know that if i have to listen to Russian commentators i need to listen to 4ce or godhunt or morf, they make the most sense.

- - - Updated - - -

tbf I find most of the caster do mistakes, stupid ones. I never listened to his stream, cuz I'm dont know cyka, but he has been there since forever doing stuff for doto.
    I beat that's because he sleeps with someone, i just refuse to believe that person like him can be stuck here for SO long. Whole SLTV staff from TI4 (casper, v1lat and someone else, i can't remember his name but he, IMO, was the most reasonable one of these three) showed fucking bias towards Na'Vi and it was so disgusting.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-09-08 at 02:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Because sometimes non-english speakers watch tournaments?
    I understand that they do, but why would someone from the English-speaking community care about those people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    I understand that they do, but why would someone from the English-speaking community care about those people.
    You didn't said anything about English-speaking community in your original post, you said "why would someone even care about a non-english commentator?" Or did you just wanted to say that you don't care about non-english speaking community and don't want to talk about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You didn't said anything about English-speaking community in your original post, you said "why would someone even care about a non-english commentator?" Or did you just wanted to say that you don't care about non-english speaking community and don't want to talk about it?
    I was merely surprised that two guys who speak no mutual language got into a clash. If there's one thing Dota teaches you, it's that whenever a russian talks, you should pretend he doesn't exist.

i cri everytiem
    - Ronald Koeman.

We should make some group to share accounts to finish all hero challange... Liek, I aint gonna finish invoker unless I go full retard Right click build and stick to cold snap alacrity 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    We should make some group to share accounts to finish all hero challange... Liek, I aint gonna finish invoker unless I go full retard Right click build and stick to cold snap alacrity 24/7
    Having someone else do it for you would be cheating!

Personally, I've always found the Cold Snap/Forge Spirits build to be the easiest Invoker build to work with. Throw in a Necrobook and you're all set. I'm not sure how well it works since the nerf to Spirits however. Its also quite micro intensive, but messing that up is far less embarrassing than having your Tornado's fly wide, your EMP hit nothing but air and your Sunstrikes so far away your team mates are wondering if you're actually aiming them or are using the Force.

I'm fairly sure someone around here can give you a long list of up-to-date Invoker tips, but that person is not me.

Generally I am retarded with micro intense heroes. I just play not enough this days to have good brain memory and that hero last time I played a bit like over a year ago

Wasnt that bad for a first try, though mates couldnt do anything usefull beside throwing themselves into pile of mines for 20min straight.

Tinker win went easier than expected Game ended just as I dropped Dagon and Eblade to bottle up and made me look poor

If you want ez wins on Invoker and don't know how to play him, I suggest QW.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2014-09-08 at 10:32 PM.

the easiest plan to get free hc is, if enemy team pick techies pick ur hero challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Generally I am retarded with micro intense heroes. I just play not enough this days to have good brain memory and that hero last time I played a bit like over a year ago

Wasnt that bad for a first try, though mates couldnt do anything usefull beside throwing themselves into pile of mines for 20min straight.
    you odnt have to do anything special (like meepo) just bid ur keybinds for select all unit plus hero and select all the other units (select units w.o hero) and its "easy". and fun because all you do is push while helping with mlg sunstrikes
    - Ronald Koeman.

Double post... muy caliente aqui :P

10+ Year Old Account
    My secret for not looking bad with Invoker in three easy steps:

Step 1) Click Repick Hero.
    Step 2) Pick literally anyone but Meepo.
    Step 3) Don't feed the most.

Deleted
    i cri everytiem
    I've never heard of this guy until like month ago.

Needless to say, this was painful to watch. Not to mention he uses comic sans on his now playing text.
    Last edited by mmocf152bdecb0; 2014-09-09 at 10:27 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just completed my first game as Cancer Lancer and my first hero in the All- Hero Challenge.
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/885528784
    Went pretty damned awesome, even though it could've ended earlier as I wasn't too sure about the radiants amount of farm. I had been ricing the entire game and decided I should end the game before I got boots of travel or something.

Any tips and tricks for Brewmaster? He's my next hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmate View Post
    I've never heard of this guy until like month ago.

Needless to say, this was painful to watch. Not to mention he uses comic sans on his now playing text.
    if you didnt laugh, you have some srs issues then xD. I almost died when he got his ak-47 and the deagle pointing to the camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    Just completed my first game as Cancer Lancer and my first hero in the All- Hero Challenge.
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/885528784
    Went pretty damned awesome, even though it could've ended earlier as I wasn't too sure about the radiants amount of farm. I had been ricing the entire game and decided I should end the game before I got boots of travel or something.

Any tips and tricks for Brewmaster? He's my next hero.
    make a control group for each of ur pandas, get blink, farm heroes. he's really annoying to play agaisnt. also go mid for ez lane get free last hit/harras with clap, if the enemy mid is a right clicker get a point on ur W to make him drunk and miss last hits

http://webmup.com/7npvG/vid.webm new meta
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-09-09 at 05:49 PM.
    - Ronald Koeman.