Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    QoP still trash hero, pure damage ulti made 0 difference.
    QoP is a trash hero only when built into caster items like Agh's, Hex, etc. and falls off. Dump that shit build, get only an Orchid, snowball into Bkb, Skadi, MKB and wreck face with her uber BAT.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    QoP is a trash hero only when built into caster items like Agh's, Hex, etc. and falls off. Dump that shit build, get only an Orchid, snowball into Bkb, Skadi, MKB and wreck face with her uber BAT.
    She is 100% trash, she is a really weak version of storm with less nuke, less escape and no stun. Plus she has the worst ulti in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather just pick Lina if I'm gonna do that. Different heroes for different roles, obviously, but if I want a hero that can nuke hard for the first half of the game and then click hard in the last half of the game, I'd rather just have Lina and draft around that.

I feel like the biggest change that needs to happen is remove the allowance for hero denies on Shadow Strike. That skill is amazing and versatile and fantastic except for that one huge problem.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    She is 100% trash, she is a really weak version of storm with less nuke, less escape and no stun. Plus she has the worst ulti in the game.
    And she rapes Storm in lane in exchange, takes out 1/3 of most heroes HP with maxed Q at mid game, has the 8th lowest BAT in the game, 70 more attack range and her escape/rune control tool is available at lvl 1 not 6. You listen to trash casters way too much, Storm is not the hero she's to be compared with.

Deleted
    And she rapes Storm in lane in exchange, takes out 1/3 of most heroes HP with maxed Q at mid game, has the 8th lowest BAT in the game, 70 more attack range and her escape/rune control tool is available at lvl 1 not 6. You listen to trash casters way too much, Storm is not the hero she's to be compared with.

Storm has a stun

Storm has a perma slow

Storm has massive nuke with a few seconds cooldown

Storm can gank more often

Storm is better late game

Storm is not counter by a bkb or linkens

Storm is one of the easiest heroes in the game to last hit as.

Storm is faster at farming

Storm is far more difficult to kill.

Reasons why storm is better than QoP

QoP has boobs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post

I am absolute trash at this game and tend to play supports, but I just had a game where I ended up carrying as Lina and it was probably the most relaxed, easy, and slow game I've ever played in the past years. Like, it wasn't that our team was good. Both teams were absolutely terribad, but somehow I managed to get more gold than I could possibly spend, without even farming.

http://i.imgur.com/22pSQ2Q.png

Ended up building Arcanes -> Aghs -> Bloodstone -> Shadowblade -> Sheep Stick -> Daedelus, though by the end I had replaced Arcanes with Boots of Travel and Shadowblade with Abyssal, and I still had about 10,000g to spare.

I don't know what that was, but I definitely want one of those games again. I didn't get entirely stomped on
    I love lina because of that, she can carry the game as support (stack jungle farm heroes ) but instead of arcane boots, rush euls (and you can kill pmuch any1 with euls->stun->Q->ulti combo) she has 2 core items blink and euls imho, after that u can get w.e
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

True story, I rushed Orchid the one time I played her and I actually did really well for a first time QoP player, although I did get Aghs apparently.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/837639150

Then another game I saw a QoP on the other team when I was Lion, she tried blinking onto me, I stunned her, ulted her, hexed her, and killed her.

My pro analysis- She sucks against stuns and nukes. Hold your applause, I know, amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what that was, but I definitely want one of those games again. I didn't get entirely stomped on
    It's the power of the witch hat!

Her Q is a problem because it also allows denies. It's not an issue when it's the only source of damage, but it's a huge issue in a teamfight, because even if the dagger only did like 50 damage to them and they took the remaining 800 from other sources, they can still be denied.

And yeah, Storm and QoP don't really fill the same role on a team.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    I am absolute trash at this game and tend to play supports, o
    Support is pretty much the hardest role to play well, you have to do so much with so little. And a good support player wins games more than any carry. You create the space in the early and mid games for the carry to farm his little heart out, you set up the ganks and put pressure on the enemy carries to disrupt their farm, you provide inteligence with wards, and you control lanes with pulls etc....

If your carry wins the game, its because you allowed them to do so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Support is pretty much the hardest role to play well, you have to do so much with so little. And a good support player wins games more than any carry. You create the space in the early and mid games for the carry to farm his little heart out, you set up the ganks and put pressure on the enemy carries to disrupt their farm, you provide inteligence with wards, and you control lanes with pulls etc....

If your carry wins the game, its because you allowed them to do so
    Supports are particularly hard to do in pubs because carry players typically don't take advantage of you being a good support like they're supposed to. You can stack camps that will never really get farmed efficiently, you can stay out of XP range so they can stay even with the offlaner and they won't use that to their advantage, and so on and so on.

I definitely prefer playing a core role in pubs than a support role. I love support when I'm in a group, but I'm not enough of a masochist to want to do it in a pub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Supports are particularly hard to do in pubs because carry players typically don't take advantage of you being a good support like they're supposed to. You can stack camps that will never really get farmed efficiently, you can stay out of XP range so they can stay even with the offlaner and they won't use that to their advantage, and so on and so on.

I definitely prefer playing a core role in pubs than a support role. I love support when I'm in a group, but I'm not enough of a masochist to want to do it in a pub.
    I am such a masochist! I spend my game creating space, putting up wards, ganking, etc, and at the end of the game, the carry becomes all vocal about how they are so imba and carrying the rest of us in the last 5mins when the actually do something......

oh well, such is the lot of a support.

what annoys me is carries who dont farm....I create space, I harrass the enemy in lane, I will give you the space and time you need to farm, damm well use it effectively, dont dive, dont throw away your life, just farm your arse off. So that all the effort I put in early on, is payed off by you being able to dominate later on. Most depressing thing is to play support well, and then realise the carry was really bad at farming and has not managed to get any decent items.....nothign you can really do at that point.

I generally find that in public queue, the side with the best support, even if its just warding, win. And as most people dont support, I usually end up doing it. If I can get away with a support who can transition into a semi-carry later on, thats great, but if not, hard sup its is.
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2014-12-20 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    True story, I rushed Orchid the one time I played her and I actually did really well for a first time QoP player, although I did get Aghs apparently.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/837639150

Then another game I saw a QoP on the other team when I was Lion, she tried blinking onto me, I stunned her, ulted her, hexed her, and killed her.

My pro analysis- She sucks against stuns and nukes. Hold your applause, I know, amazing.
    Only an idiot QoP would use Blink to initiate w/o orchid. Same how idiot Juggernaults use Blade Fury to initiate and then have nothing to disengage with once their ulti is done.

WHY THE F*** THEY STILL HAVENT FIXED CARRY NAGA.

Games like VP. Polar vs Uknown gotta come to end.

Nerf naga ulti to 4/3.5/3min or shorten drasticly duration of the song
    Nerf Q CD by few sec more
    Nerf movespeed by 5-15.

This shit gotta stop.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-12-20 at 03:32 PM.

Only an idiot QoP would use Blink to initiate w/o orchid. Same how idiot Juggernaults use Blade Fury to initiate and then have nothing to disengage with once their ulti is done.
    Yeah I'm honestly not sure what the QoP was thinking, possibly just slow on the reaction. But then again, my major point was her squishiness that anyone with a decent nuke can take her out. I mean, it just results in that you have to be safe when ganking and whatnot, not that she's a terrible hero suddenly because of that.

Yeah I'm honestly not sure what the QoP was thinking, possibly just slow on the reaction. But then again, my major point was her squishiness that anyone with a decent nuke can take her out. I mean, it just results in that you have to be safe when ganking and whatnot, not that she's a terrible hero suddenly because of that.
    That's why you get Orchid and BKB, as I said a few posts ago.

That's why you get Orchid and BKB, as I said a few posts ago.
    Yes I know, but that doesn't fix when Lion could do that to you at level 6 and I doubt you'll have either. Which is what I meant by being safe when ganking.

Yes I know, but that doesn't fix when Lion could do that to you at level 6 and I doubt you'll have either. Which is what I meant by being safe when ganking.
    That's why you don't leave the lane until you have Orchid (same like Mason said about Storm Spirit, your Orchid timing is everything), or if you get a good rune and really want to gank don't do it on the lane Lion is in.

That's why you don't leave the lane until you have Orchid (same like Mason said about Storm Spirit, your Orchid timing is everything), or if you get a good rune and really want to gank don't do it on the lane Lion is in.
    That's basically what I consider being safe with ganking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    WHY THE F*** THEY STILL HAVENT FIXED CARRY NAGA.

Games like VP. Polar vs Uknown gotta come to end.

Nerf naga ulti to 4/3.5/3min or shorten drasticly duration of the song
    Nerf Q CD by few sec more
    Nerf movespeed by 5-15.

This shit gotta stop.
    Radiance on illusions just needs to be nerfed. Illusions shouldn't possess a Radiance aura if they're more than a set distance away from the real hero - maybe like 1000-1200 or something like that. Enough distance that you can still use Radiance illusions to farm jungle and/or nearby lanes effectively, but a short enough distance that you can't use illusions to just casually split lanes etc. The issue is that while illusions are really easy to kill early in the game, they're stupidly tanky later in the game on a 5-6 slotted hero, even factoring in the extra damage they take. I do agree that Naga, while maybe not overpowered, is 180% pure bullshit in comp, especially due to her ulti having the same cooldown as TP/BoT late game.

Someone was talking about using Ursa as part of a ganking duo. I guess this isn't too different from just picking a jungle Ursa, but the person suggested buying boots first and using the +100 gold on the initial bounty rune to buy orb of venom, and then take a point in his stomp and to go gank mid or enemy offlane with smoke and a buddy with a stun or slow (like CM or VS or something?) Seemed like it might work - most people are going to see an Ursa pick and assume it's a passive afk jungle Ursa, not an Ursa with minute 0 boots that's using smoke to get close and keep someone nearly permaslowed.

Sounds like it'd be fun to try, but pubs are just too damn painful lately, especially with Valve's servers on the fritz again. I wonder if I'd get better results queuing for EU West instead of US servers...

Deleted
    While the enemy mid rampages around the map killing people.