Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    While the enemy mid rampages around the map killing people.
    meanwhile, on a planet where mid leaves qop alone to farm an 8min orchid.

biggest qop counter is trying to contest her mid until [ANY OTHER MID HERO] gets a few more levels and inevitably out-mechanics her. only a total dipshit would try to leave her alone mid to gamble for ganks in the early game.

qop rapes storm mid anytime btw. i hope this isn't being argued. pretty sure not even pro's can remnant flash farm over qop harass.

While the enemy mid rampages around the map killing people.
    Which leaves mid lane empty, and that's the worst thing you can do against a QoP, 'cause it's a guaranteed tower down into a 12-13 minute Orchid, and then every single hero on the map is a walking 300g for her. Ganking is overrated. Winning mid lane is about outfarming the enemy and taking his tower, because heroes respawn towers don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Someone was talking about using Ursa as part of a ganking duo. I guess this isn't too different from just picking a jungle Ursa, but the person suggested buying boots first and using the +100 gold on the initial bounty rune to buy orb of venom, and then take a point in his stomp and to go gank mid or enemy offlane with smoke and a buddy with a stun or slow (like CM or VS or something?)
    If you put the first point in slow you deal 0 dmg. If you're gonna gank with Ursa, get Rhasta to do it with him. Boots first, Shackle, Fury Swipes, dead.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2014-12-21 at 03:56 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    If you put the first point in slow you deal 0 dmg. If you're gonna gank with Ursa, get Rhasta to do it with him. Boots first, Shackle, Fury Swipes, dead.
    Pretty sure the idea is that Ursa's slow allows your teammates to do more damage rather than relying on Ursa to do it all. Earthshock + Orb is 37% slow at level 1, pretty strong.

Doubt it'd work against good players, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post

biggest qop counter is trying to contest her mid until [ANY OTHER MID HERO] gets a few more levels and inevitably out-mechanics her. only a total dipshit would try to leave her alone mid to gamble for ganks in the early game.

qop rapes storm mid anytime btw. i hope this isn't being argued. pretty sure not even pro's can remnant flash farm over qop harass.
    Meh, bottle crow allows you to completely ignore gameplay mechanics.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    I am loving Rooftrellen now in pugs, probably not so good in pro as its easy to counter, but he hits like a truck and can really good global support with his heal, and bring towers back up so you slow down the enemy advance, and once you get Aghs, which is not so hard really, you can ward up every camp, every lane, and have total vision of the map and farm every camp each time your ulti is up. add in a refresher from the insane farm you get......

yeah its cheesy, and yeah its really not comp viable, but dammit, its fun to mess about with.

Purge did a vid, and whilst the axe carried that game, it shows how silly you can get with eyes in teh forest all over the map.

For extra fun, build tree as a carry then go on rampages with your ult wiping out whol enemy teams at the end of a fight as they try to retreat
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2014-12-21 at 11:08 PM.

imo jungle ursa is a lot better for pubs than lane ursa (given that you have a carry hero farming instead)

i have never played ursa with boots first, but if you have a roaming partner im sure it would be legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post

QoP beats storm mid, but so what, storm is better in every other way than QoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    imo jungle ursa is a lot better for pubs than lane ursa (given that you have a carry hero farming instead)

i have never played ursa with boots first, but if you have a roaming partner im sure it would be legit.
    What about comp? Would jungle Ursa still be the way to go, or would his jungle be too vulnerable? Ursa might be able to mid - very good stats and if he prioritizes his Q over his W, he has a fairly potent and very cheap AOE to spam creep waves with, though it costs him some immediate burst potential.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

QoP beats storm mid, but so what, storm is better in every other way than QoP.
    probably. i mean i pretty much said exactly that in the post you quoted. i'm just telling you how to not lose to a qop that isnt trash.

What about comp? Would jungle Ursa still be the way to go, or would his jungle be too vulnerable? Ursa might be able to mid - very good stats and if he prioritizes his Q over his W, he has a fairly potent and very cheap AOE to spam creep waves with, though it costs him some immediate burst potential.
    i think you pretty much have to lane ursa in competitive. in the last two patches, this is the only way he has been played. his jungling is severely gimped if you block one or two spawns, and he is pretty much a free kill for any hero that walks into the jungle before he's level 5 or higher.

the key to jungling ursa is to sneak an early roshan, which is very difficult if you're farming the safelane.

i am not a big fan of middle lane ursa, mostly due to how people play mid heroes these days. you don't really want to stay in any lane after you have your blink dagger. i am sure it would be ownage if you have someone else take over mid after you have blink, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not a fan of jungle carrys at all. It puts an immense amount of pressure on the teams only support. At the same time when the laning phase is over it impractical to have all of your cores farming as you will not be able to farm every lane safely.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I'm really not a fan of jungle carrys at all. It puts an immense amount of pressure on the teams only support. At the same time when the laning phase is over it impractical to have all of your cores farming as you will not be able to farm every lane safely.
    As long there is so huge amount of:
    clueless exp leeching
    lane afk,
    never in fog of war
    "I am gonna sit full mana for 15min" (on this case WTF is wrong with people? - it happens so often at 3.5k)
    ganking starts from walking up to creepwave

Jungle will be always viable. It sometimes easier to loose the game with such supports becouse you theoretically dont hinder your farm in jungle or waiting for respawn timer.

i think you pretty much have to lane ursa in competitive. in the last two patches, this is the only way he has been played. his jungling is severely gimped if you block one or two spawns, and he is pretty much a free kill for any hero that walks into the jungle before he's level 5 or higher.

the key to jungling ursa is to sneak an early roshan, which is very difficult if you're farming the safelane.
    Honestly I feel like Ursa is too slow of jungler to go in at low levels. I mean, like said already, he'll do a lot more if paired up with almost any disable/stun/root or whatever on the face of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly I feel like Ursa is too slow of jungler to go in at low levels. I mean, like said already, he'll do a lot more if paired up with almost any disable/stun/root or whatever on the face of the planet.
    level 8 at 7 minutes with an aegis to boot is almost unparalleled in jungling heroes

stout+tango+salve gets you to level 4 with cash for a morbid mask and a smoke

jungle ursa works a lot better on the dire side (due to the medium camp choke point), but is definitely doable on radiant also

level 8 at 7 minutes with an aegis to boot is almost unparalleled in jungling heroes

jungle ursa works a lot better on the dire side (due to the medium camp choke point), but is definitely doable on radiant also
    I think like most of my Ursa games were as Radiant, but I dunno, maybe I'm just doing it too slowly. I usually just stay in lane until Morbid mask, then I'll dive into the jungle. Maybe I'll knock the jungle out for some extra gold if the lane gets pushed too much though. I mean, I'm not a good Ursa really, I'm just going by what I've seen with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I think like most of my Ursa games were as Radiant, but I dunno, maybe I'm just doing it too slowly. I usually just stay in lane until Morbid mask, then I'll dive into the jungle. Maybe I'll knock the jungle out for some extra gold if the lane gets pushed too much though. I mean, I'm not a good Ursa really, I'm just going by what I've seen with him.
    here's a great guide if you want to try it out
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK8sQltKdDw

you can actually get level 8 at five minutes if you don't suck like me

it got me like +500 mmr or something by playing it every game. the only hero that makes it impossible is bloodseeker. he can deal with pretty much any hero if you play it right.

it got me like +500 mmr or something by playing it every game. the only hero that makes it impossible is bloodseeker. he can deal with pretty much any hero if you play it right.
    I'll definitely look into that later then, I'm at work at the moment so I can't actually watch it right now.

10+ Year Old Account

Was gonna link that video but you beat me to it. It's really useful.

Ursa's a really good solution to popular heroes, particularly PA. He can actually get away with rushing MKB and win the manfight, even very early on. I think he'd beat Naix (who is almost certainly going to become popular again) in a manfight, too, but I don't see why Naix would *let* Ursa manfight him.

10+ Year Old Account
    but I don't see why Naix would *let* Ursa manfight him.
    If you ain't gonna manfight, you may as well pick Crystal Maiden.

Deleted

enigma can get level 7, with a mech complete at 5:30-6mins easy, then go Rosh in safety by the 7min mark. If you do it slower than that, its taking too long.

Plus, thats not camp dependant, you can do it no matter what camps spawn, no need for suicides like Ursa usually does which just alerts the enemy to what is going on when you Rosh.

Ursa is fine, a bit easy to kite and needs a support to lock down the enemy, but sick damage. but if he is not in lane, you know 100% what is going on, so the other team, unless total idiots, will shut down your early Rosh at which point he becomes a liability rather than an advantage.

Why I didnt know that:

-novid in launch command is cousing dota minimap to look extremly blurry...
    /awsome coding valve