Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yes, quite.

Also, if you get LPQ you probably deserve it from what I've seen. If you can get more LPQ from LPQ games and the kind of assholes that get sent to LPQ report each other and it becomes an endless asshole LPQ fest, maybe Valve can do something about that, but the system seems fine to me as it stands.
    Weird, I reported those people who used the KotL nonsense and nothing happened.
    Unless this is a newer feature.

Valve doesn't tell you when someone you reported gets put into LPQ. They just tell you that they've taken action. 99% of the time, it's a 24 hour communication ban. I've never seen someone get put into LPQ from anything besides abandoning ranked games. You'd have to be so terrible or constantly flaming game after game to be put there via reports.

How to use/avoid the report system
    Report terrible players
    Mute Flamers
    Don't harm/cc your own teammates with your spells/forcestaffs unless it's really, really funny.
    Don't flame trash players because they will get butthurt and report you

I don't think you'll ever get reported if you're decent at the game and somewhat well-mannered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Holy crap that C9 vs Big Gods game in DAC
    Which one? I could only find a VOD for game 2 and it was pretty awful, Naga Siren's illusions are just way too strong and C9 drafted like shit. Played way better than BG but it didn't matter because their draft was garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    i have like 15 reports

every time i report someone i get it back within like an hour

maybe its because i only report people who flame
    Pretty much. One thing I wish was that you couldn't queue for ranked without sound. So many asshats saying "no sound" and it's like... well, if you want to listen to music or whatever, that's why there's a regular queue.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit. Secret has actually lost a game.

My body was not ready for that game.

FUARK!!

Deleted
    That was an awesome game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secret into the losers bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Report terrible players
    What's the point of doing this again? This seems to be what 90% of pubbers use their reports for, and I pretty much reserve my reports for people who beg my team to report their teammates in allchat. One can't help being 'terrible', or even being good and having a bad game.

I report people who talk like me in team chat.

btw that team secret vs VG game, mega creeps comeback so fkn good.

also kky so fkn bad pmuch lost them the gaem
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

The only real niggle I have with LPQ is when the servers are fucked. I'm sorry, but it's a little bit bullshit when you've had a 45 minute game in LPQ, and it promptly gets an instant "this game will not be recorded".

Sure, mostly everyone in LPQ have deserved their stay, but when 3 games turn into 6 because of unstable servers... :c

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    What's the point of doing this again? This seems to be what 90% of pubbers use their reports for, and I pretty much reserve my reports for people who beg my team to report their teammates in allchat. One can't help being 'terrible', or even being good and having a bad game.
    I think its mostly just venting frustration. It would be great if there was a placebo option for these people that did nothing but let them "report scrubs" and feel better about it. Perhaps even use it as an indicator for people who's MMR has, for whatever reason, ended up in the wrong place. If you're getting Placebo reported as being bad consistently then there might just be something wrong with your MMR, it could be a way to help Valve tighten up the system a little bit.

It would also be a good way to identify people who are prone to misusing the report function too, it might shed some light on people who should probably not be trusted with such things.

I only report bad people in ranked. If you queue immediately after your game ends, you're likely to see a lot of the same players from your last game. Reporting bad players will get them a mute and sometimes make them stop playing ranked until the mute is expired. I don't like getting rating tanked by the same people every game, so wanting to shift them into a less competitive lane of traffic for a few hours doesn't bother me.

In pubs you can report whoever makes the game less fun for you. I don't see why simply muting them wouldn't be enough. I don't care about losing regular pubs enough to report someone unless they're stealing/hiding my items off the courier or something.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I think its mostly just venting frustration. It would be great if there was a placebo option for these people that did nothing but let them "report scrubs" and feel better about it. Perhaps even use it as an indicator for people who's MMR has, for whatever reason, ended up in the wrong place. If you're getting Placebo reported as being bad consistently then there might just be something wrong with your MMR, it could be a way to help Valve tighten up the system a little bit.

It would also be a good way to identify people who are prone to misusing the report function too, it might shed some light on people who should probably not be trusted with such things.
    Absolutely. They should reserve the report function solely for anyone who hurts your feelings. Muting is so hard.

"That guy over there called me a noob because I'm 0-14 techies mid and ruining the game. Better report him for verbal harass and try to send him to LPQ to help save the community."
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-02-06 at 04:00 PM.

Perhaps even use it as an indicator for people who's MMR has, for whatever reason, ended up in the wrong place.
    this doesn't really happen i think

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    this doesn't really happen i think
    I don't think people get placed lower than they should be, and if they do its almost certainly not for very long. I do think people can sometimes get placed higher than they should be if they frequently queue up with friends who are better than them. Its probably not an issue if they keep queuing with the same group of people, but if they were to solo queue they might be in a bracket that exceeds their personal skill level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    The only real niggle I have with LPQ is when the servers are fucked. I'm sorry, but it's a little bit bullshit when you've had a 45 minute game in LPQ, and it promptly gets an instant "this game will not be recorded".

Sure, mostly everyone in LPQ have deserved their stay, but when 3 games turn into 6 because of unstable servers... :c
    Don't queue US East. I've stopped doing that and only queue USW and EUW now. I've traded Peruvians for Russians, and honestly I like the Russians a lot more.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

most of my games on us east have been fairly bad

not because of south americans but because of people complaining about fucking everything that isn't themselves

just play dota god damn

Can't queue EU west either, get teams of literally 4 russians zero english no communication can't tell CK that getting butterfly is a bad idea when Medusa got MKB 4 minutes ago (or ever when HH exists what a tool).

I don't think people get placed lower than they should be
    It was very easy for people that were fresh to dota, yet get enough experience before MMR was released to have crap hidden MMR.
    My Main account was at 3.3k mmr that had around 1k games before MMR release.
    2nd Account was at 3.6k and I was FEEDING and learning storm spirit at work on a PC with 15-22fps on 640*480.
    Trying new acc and I will probably end around 4.2-4.3k my bet if I actually get time to play whatsoever. Idk if you can actually end up higher anymore.

The incentitive to get my main account from 3.3k to 4.5k is almost zero after I already went from 3.6k-2.2k-3.5k with quite ease. The thing is, TIME which I hardly have atm. Its faster to get a new acc. That is broken.

I wonder if anyone tried veno to get high mmr. That hero is guaranteed a lot by just farming and using ult. Similar to zeus that got fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    I wonder if anyone tried veno to get high mmr. That hero is guaranteed a lot by just farming and using ult. Similar to zeus that got fixed.
    Any hero that can get farm on their own when you have space for it is a good support. Veno can farm camps easily and can even potentially solo Rosh if given enough time. Zeus has no problems clearing waves or camps once he has his tranqs+soul ring, etc. It's by far the most efficient method of boosting MMR I've found since people love to play carries and mids, but hate playing supports. It gets really damn boring, though. Some of my favorite supports can't really do much on their own, so I never get much opportunity to play them since you just can't rely on pubs to make plays without you basically handing it to them.

Also: Axe is fucking OP as shit now. That hero's gotten way too many buffs because he wasn't trending, now he's broken. Battle Hunger being a 24%ms swing per hero is fucking retarded. So many shitty Axe players skip Battle Hunger early when it's his most important skill and isn't even hard to afford now that it's always 75 MP.

It's also really frustrating to watch shit players pick Axe and die repeatedly in lane and 10 mins later they have Vanguard, blinker, and upgraded boots because the hero's so fucking OP now. Watched a solo offlane Axe repeatedly try to creep skip, dude feeds first blood, gets consistently harassed away from creeps, dies another two times, then fucks off to the jungle and like 10 mins later has blinker and is getting kills left and right because of how stupid that hero's kit has become. 4 HP/sec at lvl 1 with no items is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the same way.
    I usually report the guy who spams in all chat "report X for bad", and given how usually the following day I get the notification about action being taken against the player these type of players do crap like that a LOT.

Given how the report system is pattern based I'm curious to know how these people think reporting some guy for having a bad game (Who is statistically the same skill due to mmr) is going to actually do anything.