Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    that kind of stuff happens in that bracket because you can get there with just good farming technique and no deeper understanding of the game
    ¨
    i was trying to learn supporting properly and i lost 14 out of 15 games lol
    you might be doing something wrong then, supports win games. you have to help winning mid (smoke gank if needed) also make sure carry is safe in the lane (wards are good for this) and its ez game, keep ganking after that dont ever stay in lane doing nothing. if u did ur job correcly ur carry would be lvls ahead of the offlane and he can farm safely alone, keep ganking with smokes. starting with boots is really good for ganks
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

yea i think the issue here is more that i am bad at dota

im working on it though

sniping courier is also easy and it wins mid if u do before the enemy mid get bottle

it doesnt always works tho, u might also lose the game because the cores are sh it xD
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Was starting to get really burnt out on playing support. Just gets boring trying to set up other people to succeed and watch them fail over and over again.
    I've felt this way many times. I've found the best way to win when playing support and you feel like that is to not play defensive supports like Omni or Dazzle.

Omni doesn't have to be a defensive support, in fact, if you use him that way you are wasting your potential and should've picked something else. His aura is one of the main reasons to pick him and you aren't using it if you are playing defensively.

Anyone have a ~4000-4200 MMR account to throw out? I am currently around 800MR higher on unranked than ranked... FML.

I play to rarely recently to smurf... Guess its a last resort.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I just realized that at my level... it is easier to practice against humans rather then hard/unfair bots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Anyone have a ~4000-4200 MMR account to throw out? I am currently around 800MR higher on unranked than ranked... FML.

I play to rarely recently to smurf... Guess its a last resort.
    rofl im having the exact same problem, then yesterday i tried playing a ranked game. Yeah felt like i was playing against pointlessly aggressive suicidal people that
    get mad at everyone else whenever they die. No way can i handle playing 50-100 of those games just to get to my unranked mmr ><

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Omni doesn't have to be a defensive support, in fact, if you use him that way you are wasting your potential and should've picked something else. His aura is one of the main reasons to pick him and you aren't using it if you are playing defensively.
    While you're usually better off being aggressive with Omni, its hard to ignore the fact that he has a very defencively orientated skill set. Dazzle, Witch Doctor etc are in the same kind of situation too really, where they're much better off being aggressive rather than just sitting back healing. For whatever reason people have this strange idea that anyone with a heal is a healer exclusively and should do nothing but sit back in lane and heal the carry any time he gets hurt, not realising that they're not really contributing much to the lane at all.

When it comes to Omni he would prefer be in the thick of things whacking people with his hammer, but his main aim should really be to keep the important members of his team alive, and given the rather short range on Repel and Guardian Angel that sometimes means having to step back to make sure you're in range to get them on the right people at the right time. Agh's can help out here, but its not always an option for you, it depends heavily on how the game is going.

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I just realized that at my level... it is easier to practice against humans rather then hard/unfair bots.
    In my experience the bots also tend to do a lot things you'll never catch a Human player doing too. The Chaos Knight bot will use Reality Rift on you without the mana for a stun to follow up and then just run away. Low health Sand King bots will stun you then continue trying to escape, Witch Doctor bots will constantly toggle Healing Ward on and off until they run out of mana... The list goes on and on. The bots on your team are usually also below the skill level of the other team on the harder difficulties, so if you want to win you'll need to carry them.

The only real use for bot games is to familiarise yourself with new Heroes before you jump into PvP games and make a fool of yourself with them. If you want to actively improve, then you need to be constantly playing against other people, they're the only ones who will be able to recognise and properly punish any mistakes in your play and force you to work on improving.

Deleted
    In the context of bot games, the Hard bots are very, very good at laning (even if they make some exploitable mistakes that humans would never reliably make) and an excellent way to practice CS in a contested lane. If you can get 60 CS against Hard Bot Razor mid, you can get 60 CS against just about anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how playing ranked with friends can be so awesome yet doing a random pup sucks the soul right out...

I can't even queue up anymore these days without someone in my team fighting with others.. or even myself.

Anyone still having fun in pubs? Or do you think it's best to just stop doing them all together.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    It's amazing how playing ranked with friends can be so awesome yet doing a random pup sucks the soul right out...
    I can't even queue up anymore these days without someone in my team fighting with others.. or even myself.
    Anyone still having fun in pubs? Or do you think it's best to just stop doing them all together.
    I still have fun doing them.
    Maybe 1/3 games are downright terrible, and have 0 enjoyment to them. Whether that is due to people flaming nonstop, random disconnects where its 4v5 or 3v5 at times (and that goes for either team, I don't have fun playing against gimped opponents), or people throwing a tantrum and feeding on purpose or whatever the reason. 1/3 sounds like a lot, but typically those games are also much shorter then my normal game so... they go by quickly.
    Compared to WoW random bgs that were bad at a much higher rate, I guess I can't complain to much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Yeah lots of questions sucked, but some of the answers were humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    I still have fun in pubs, the trick is not to care if you win or lose. Treat the entire game like a joke and all of a sudden you don't mind that Tinker is 0/8 or that Riki is rushing an Aghs. You can also try avoiding All Pick mode, it tends to attract the kinds of people who like to first pick Pudge and who's only communication with the team is telling you what he did with your mother last night. ARDM and Ability Draft are both good modes to unwind with too, no one tends to take them very seriously at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    http://www.dotabuff.com/personality/...ozLCJoIjo0fQ==

I am low on everything except humility... Seems about right! Some questions were unfair though. "What is most likely to make you rage?" none of those... And what does dota have that no other games has? I dont know, I just like pretty sets and hats. I do not get upset about lack of wards or teammates not communicating.

I just want to play and have fun. And for picks I chose "I just play one hero over and over" but really it's more like 10 supports over and over, with some preferences.
    Yeah, I agree that the questions were a bit meh. I think for the rage one I picked Getting shut down in a team fight, just because it was the least angry at other players?

All in all though it was fun at least.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I still have fun in pubs, the trick is not to care if you win or lose. Treat the entire game like a joke and all of a sudden you don't mind that Tinker is 0/8 or that Riki is rushing an Aghs. You can also try avoiding All Pick mode, it tends to attract the kinds of people who like to first pick Pudge and who's only communication with the team is telling you what he did with your mother last night. ARDM and Ability Draft are both good modes to unwind with too, no one tends to take them very seriously at all.
    I never play Ability draft ever since I saw a Dragon Knight with Brood's web, Slarks pounce, and WD ult.

Lina's passive back when Medusa's mana shield procced it made any hero invincible. Earthshaker's passive + Veno wards is also super annoying.
    I remember hearing about that with Medusa's shield, never saw anyone have it though in that combo.

I did see someone with like, 3 tanky passives and Weaver's ult or something stupid like that. They could walk under the tower at level like, 6 and be fine. Granted, they couldn't do damage but still.

Earthshaker's passive + storms ulti is also super annoying
    There fixed that for you. It's like when people get tidebringer, walrus punch, jinada.