I miss the days where Luna didn't need levels in beam to use ult. Aura/stats/mask of madness rush Luna best Luna.

Want to fix Storm? Nerf overload/flat out remove the damage on his ultimate. His mobility is not the issue, it's the fact that he also has huge damage to match his guaranteed initiation.

They also need to remove the ability for euls to self cleanse imo.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-04-18 at 09:57 PM.

PizzaSHARK, how about you actually play the hero at least once this year before you throw out that sort of claim? And win a game on him no less.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2015-04-18 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Skipping extra points in aura for stats is usually much better.
    It would depend on the situation. If you're in a trilane with two ranged supports, I would say Lunar Blessing is much better than stats. Even with one other ranged support, I'd still say its worth it. You can perhaps justify leveling it later on if you're either with melee supports (Or ranged ones who aren't harassing), but you do want to take it at some point in my opinion. Its a flat 38 damage for your entire team that they're not going to be getting from anywhere else and across 5 people that can add up extremely quickly. It goes without saying that you want to level it if you've got other Auras on your team such as Drow, Venge or Beastmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    PizzaSHARK, how about you actually play the hero at least once this year before you throw out that sort of claim? And win a game on him no less.
    You don't need to play him to do it. Same thing with Sniper or any other hero that's overpowered to the point that it practically plays itself. Storm Spirit is not a complex hero that requires the ability to do multiple things at once. He's not Meepo or Invoker. He's not even Visage, Chen, or Syllabear.

Can you press R and click the ground near your target? y/n? Can you press W and click your target? y/n? Can you press Q? y/n? Congratulations, you can play Storm Spirit!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    It would depend on the situation. If you're in a trilane with two ranged supports, I would say Lunar Blessing is much better than stats. Even with one other ranged support, I'd still say its worth it. You can perhaps justify leveling it later on if you're either with melee supports (Or ranged ones who aren't harassing), but you do want to take it at some point in my opinion. Its a flat 38 damage for your entire team that they're not going to be getting from anywhere else and across 5 people that can add up extremely quickly. It goes without saying that you want to level it if you've got other Auras on your team such as Drow, Venge or Beastmaster.
    The issue is that Luna is incredibly squishy and needs that extra HP because Eclipse ends if she dies. Supports right clicking and Luna's own right clicks don't matter much for most of the game, but the extra 38 HP/lvl can be the difference between living long enough to complete the Eclipse or dying two seconds into it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Imo luna is not that bad especially after the glaive increase change but the current meta it is barely gonna work. Anti-Fun hero especially once they break T3... and you cant even come close to T4 due to glaive bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Imo luna is not that bad especially after the glaive increase change but the current meta it is barely gonna work. Anti-Fun hero especially once they break T3... and you cant even come close to T4 due to glaive bounce.
    I feel like her biggest issue is the repeated nerfs to BKB, both direct and indirect. She's incredibly reliant on BKB but BKB itself has been nerfed and there are now at least two popular heroes that can blow her up even with BKB active, not to mention all the stuff that goes through BKB to begin with.

I mean, she's great at farming and is very strong when attacking high ground because of her glaives, but there are a lot of heroes that farm well and are less squishy.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

I agree, biggest issue with Luna at the moment is scepter Lina doing 80% of her health instantly. Luna kind of needs manta AND bkb AND satanic at this point to be a viable team fighter, where most other carrys just need 1 item. And, if you build a team around farming for long enough to get 3-4 core items, why not pick Medusa or Spectre.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I miss the days where Luna didn't need levels in beam to use ult. Aura/stats/mask of madness rush Luna best Luna.
    Is that really though? Like, that's what they were doing, but they weren't succeeding really at it it seemed like.

Or are you saying that like, that's how she used to be built?
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-04-19 at 04:44 AM.

Whatever happened to Xin? He seems like he's really well suited for late game pushing. SoF lets you hit people around the t3/rax without putting yourself too close to the line of fire, and even with just bfury+buriza he can hit supports for like half their health, maybe more if he drops bolas during the SoF. Is it because he's basically worthless in the mid game?

Whatever happened to Xin? He seems like he's really well suited for late game pushing. SoF lets you hit people around the t3/rax without putting yourself too close to the line of fire, and even with just bfury+buriza he can hit supports for like half their health, maybe more if he drops bolas during the SoF. Is it because he's basically worthless in the mid game?
    Not really sure why, but I think it's mainly because the current meta is heavily physical. Ember does nothing to avoid physical damage. (Besides being in sleight of fist). Previously, the meta wasn't so physical to an extent. And with Ember's magic absorb, what could go wrong?

At least that's why I think he has fallen off. + the nerfs he has received over time.

You don't need to play him to do it. Same thing with Sniper or any other hero that's overpowered to the point that it practically plays itself. Storm Spirit is not a complex hero that requires the ability to do multiple things at once. He's not Meepo or Invoker. He's not even Visage, Chen, or Syllabear.

Can you press R and click the ground near your target? y/n? Can you press W and click your target? y/n? Can you press Q? y/n? Congratulations, you can play Storm Spirit!
    Storm Spirit is strong. I do not disagree there. But don't pretend to know much about the hero when you literally haven't played him for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Storm Spirit is strong. I do not disagree there. But don't pretend to know much about the hero when you literally haven't played him for over a year.
    I don't think I've ever played Meepo but I've watched enough pros play him to have a solid understanding of how the hero works and what skillset is necessary for them to be successful with him. Same with Invoker (I think I've played Invoker a couple times.) I suck with Chen but I've watched Puppey do crazy things with the hero and recognize the things I do wrong, that he does correctly. And so on.

Storm Spirit is not a complex hero. The closest thing he has to complexity is deciding on skill build, and for the most part, maxing Overload first is the most popular and most versatile choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Is that really though? Like, that's what they were doing, but they weren't succeeding really at it it seemed like.

Or are you saying that like, that's how she used to be built?
    That's how she used to be. Before her ult depended on beam levels there was no reason to put points into it.

Anyone pointing that X player doesnt play X hero well = awful observer and commentator.
    This is like the worst possible excuse or explenation of your opinion you could come up with.

Imo the game is in really bad state. You are currently so limited in the hero pool if you play against that top tier picks. It hasnt been so bad before. Can't even have more leeway in the game picking a non top tier hero becouse you are almost useless, even at 4k MMR.

One will not agree, but it is matter of taste, uber tryhard or just try-a-bit-hard. Game is plain boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    That's how she used to be. Before her ult depended on beam levels there was no reason to put points into it.
    Ah, I see. I'm guessing it was in the transition from Dota to Dota 2 that happened? Couldn't find anything in the change logs of Dota 2 wiki about it.

Maybe they were just trying to see how viable it was I guess. I don't care personally unless they start flaming others.

Storm Spirit is not a complex hero. The closest thing he has to complexity is deciding on skill build, and for the most part, maxing Overload first is the most popular and most versatile choice.
    When you break them down, most Heroes are actually quite simple to play - At least at their most basic level. The vast majority of skills are extremely easy to use competently after a couple of uses. Hard to land skill shot abilities tend to be an exception rather than the norm, so being able to mess up because you missed is quite rare. There is a huge difference in how well you can use your Heroes skills compared to how easy those skills are to use.

Take Wraith King for example. He's widely considered to be one of the easiest heroes in the game due to only having one activated ability along with naturally being extremely tanky. He is, for all intents and purposes, as easy as a Hero gets in Dota. There's also a huge difference in how well he does based on player skill and experience. A newer player might immediately stun the first target they see and start hitting them, where a more experienced player might not bother stunning Bristleback and instead save their stun for when CM uses her ult. There are also lots of other problems Wraith King has to contend with, such as being quite a slow moving melee Hero which requires him to position well to connect with his targets, or having to maintain enough mana to be able to reincarnate. Then there are a whole host of potential item choices for you to consider, which will vary depending on your role the other teams Hero choices etc. Wraith King is not a complex Hero, but he does have a lot of depth to his play. The same is true of most other Heroes too, they're easy to learn how to play, but extremely hard to master. It's disingenuous to claim that a lack of complexity automatically makes a Hero easy mode like you're trying to do with Storm Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    There's also a huge difference in how well he does based on player skill and experience. A newer player might immediately stun the first target they see and start hitting them, where a more experienced player might not bother stunning Bristleback and instead save their stun for when CM uses her ult.
    Completely irrelevant. We're assuming everyone involved has played a computer game before.

There are also lots of other problems Wraith King has to contend with, such as being quite a slow moving melee Hero which requires him to position well to connect with his targets,
    blink dagger

or having to maintain enough mana to be able to reincarnate.
    soul ring

Then there are a whole host of potential item choices for you to consider, which will vary depending on your role the other teams Hero choices etc.
    armlet assault cuirass abyssal blade

Wraith King is not a complex Hero, but he does have a lot of depth to his play. The same is true of most other Heroes too, they're easy to learn how to play, but extremely hard to master. It's disingenuous to claim that a lack of complexity automatically makes a Hero easy mode like you're trying to do with Storm Spirit.
    Except that's exactly how it works. The simpler a hero is, the less depth that hero has. To claim otherwise is demonstrably false because everything that applies to simple heroes also applies to complex heroes, except those complex heroes also have a lot more that goes into them.

Except that's exactly how it works. The simpler a hero is, the less depth that hero has. To claim otherwise is demonstrably false because everything that applies to simple heroes also applies to complex heroes, except those complex heroes also have a lot more that goes into them.
    i think its important to distinguish between "hero depth" and skill ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    i think its important to distinguish between "hero depth" and skill ceiling
    Yes, but Leoric's skill ceiling isn't much higher than the general "how to play DotA" skill ceiling is, if it is at all. Him and Viper are unquestionably the most basic, simplest heroes in the game and require very, very little hero-specific knowledge to do well with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Anyone pointing that X player doesnt play X hero well = awful observer and commentator.
    This is like the worst possible excuse or explenation of your opinion you could come up with.

Imo the game is in really bad state. You are currently so limited in the hero pool if you play against that top tier picks. It hasnt been so bad before. Can't even have more leeway in the game picking a non top tier hero becouse you are almost useless, even at 4k MMR.

One will not agree, but it is matter of taste, uber tryhard or just try-a-bit-hard. Game is plain boring...
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1410739427
    heh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ah, I see. I'm guessing it was in the transition from Dota to Dota 2 that happened? Couldn't find anything in the change logs of Dota 2 wiki about it.

Maybe they were just trying to see how viable it was I guess. I don't care personally unless they start flaming others.
    I've played so long I can't even remember what happened when, but yes, this was back in DotA days. If I remember correctly, it didn't last long, either.

Also, as a side treat
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1410865019
    Storm Spirit balensd