10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    they do not have three abilities that are rendered useless at around 30 minutes into the game

enchantress does

it's not a very good example though since all three heroes have ultimates that at least partially go through bkb
    Enchant is never rendered useless. Untouchable virtually demands they either have extreme burst damage or magic immunity. Her heal is really good at healing one target, but sucks at healing multiple targets because the spirits' movement/AI/whatever sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Those abilities also aren't their respective heroes' ultimates.
    So? Why does that matter? They're still those heroes' primary source of damage. Silencer and OD are basically worthless against BKBs. Silencer can still silence them with ulti, but carries generally don't care about that anyway.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

CM is really, really strong right now and I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a top pick in competitive again around TI5. They made her nova slow last full duration for 1 point which lets you level aura and frostbite no worries, she can jungle quite easily without even wasting all her mana so she can grab gold and exp while she roams, she's still one of the best early game gankers, and her new FF cooldown lets her use it all the time for any or no reason at all. Her ultimate is really good, one of the best in the game now imo, but before you felt like you had to hold it for perfect situations. Now you just jump on top of slark at level 7 and pop it because fuck slark, and it'll be back up before you need it again. You can also stack hard camp 4 or 5 times while you clear a medium camp with frostbite, then ult it down at level 6. Get blink scepter and BKB and you can wipe teams solo pretty easily.

Oh and 50% uptime on her "the fun stops here" anticarry ability is just gravy. She's essentially the same "sit in the jungle all game" position 5 hero like tree or earthshaker, but she can actually level herself while she's at it and get items instead of being at brown boots at 30 mins. And she absolutely stomps on melee carrys for the most part, once their bkb is gone they can say goodbye to ever doing damage to somebody again.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-05-03 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    CM is really, really strong right now
    This, from the girl that hates CM with a passion?

Best CM build only put a value point in Nova to begin with. Stats were much more valuable than extra points in the nova.

Spacecow definitely OP now. New items are way too strong for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Bloodseeker is still awesome. New items are very useful on him for the most part and he's very versatile. Can be an okay chaser/carry, but also works well as a support, especially with nuke happy heroes like Zeus, Lina, and Leshrac being popular. +40% damage on Lina's Agh's ulti is incredibly overpowered.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2015-05-03 at 08:25 PM.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    So? Why does that matter? They're still those heroes' primary source of damage. Silencer and OD are basically worthless against BKBs. Silencer can still silence them with ulti, but carries generally don't care about that anyway.
    My point was most of the BKB piercing things that aren't auras are ults.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    My point was most of the BKB piercing things that aren't auras are ults.
    Again: So?

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    This, from the girl that hates CM with a passion?

Best CM build only put a value point in Nova to begin with. Stats were much more valuable than extra points in the nova.

Spacecow definitely OP now. New items are way too strong for him.
    Used to, then they doubled the DPS of her ult and the duration and cut the cooldown in half and gave an extra 50% radius to the explosions, making them way more reliable. Freezing field went from "never put points in ever" to "holy godmode batman." Her Q and W are nice but theyre replaceable by pretty much any other support. Lion also has two stuns and his are actual stuns, and he also has infinite mana. But CM can jungle and her ult is a lot better than finger in my opinion.

I dont think her ult is better, lion's used to burst people down easy gank or 5v4 fight... cm barely has mana for her ult and has to cast it for few seconds, yeah u can 1v5 with her ult I think she can be rly good with magnus or so
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

The range on it is massive now, just find a nearby tree to hide behind while you channel and you can definitely turn team fights around. It forces people to run or die and while they're running they're also at half speed. It also covers the entire Rosh pit from high ground so you can blink onto either of the tree hills and wipe a team solo while they can't see you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still wtb bloodseeker item set that makes his blood rite to draw a giant dick on the ground

- - - Updated - - -

Used to, then they doubled the DPS of her ult and the duration and cut the cooldown in half and gave an extra 50% radius to the explosions, making them way more reliable. Freezing field went from "never put points in ever" to "holy godmode batman." Her Q and W are nice but theyre replaceable by pretty much any other support. Lion also has two stuns and his are actual stuns, and he also has infinite mana. But CM can jungle and her ult is a lot better than finger in my opinion.
    I love when CM just walks into 5 people in teamfight to ult and gets her mana burned. Nix nix nix nix.

Also casting unrefined fireblast from 100% mana when there is level 4 Pugna ward nearby was a BAD idea

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    I dont think her ult is better, lion's used to burst people down easy gank or 5v4 fight... cm barely has mana for her ult and has to cast it for few seconds, yeah u can 1v5 with her ult I think she can be rly good with magnus or so
    How can you think that her ult isn't better new if you used to skip it 'till level 11 entirely because it was useless unreliable piece of crap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

CM is really, really strong right now and I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a top pick in competitive again around TI5.
    This is what worries me most. She is finally in a state where she's actually strong enough to be picked because so much power has been front-loaded onto her. If she does end up being a top pick at TI5 then chances are she'll be in line for some nerfs come the next patch cycle and she's right back to never being picked again.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Still wtb bloodseeker item set that makes his blood rite to draw a giant dick on the ground
    I'd buy that instantly. I'd buy it twice if it came with other Pflax drawn dick artwork for Necro, Pugna, Void etc. But we're not allowed to have any funny cosmetics in Dota, it has to be super serious. All of the time. If you as much as smile during a dota game you should uninstall it and go play LoL!

Is it just me, or is the Compendium this year going up a lot slower with prize money?

I mean, it looks like they learned from last year and added more goals off the bat, but it still feels slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Is it just me, or is the Compendium this year going up a lot slower with prize money?

I mean, it looks like they learned from last year and added more goals off the bat, but it still feels slower.
    it is just you

you can find a comparison chart here (scroll down a little bit) http://dota2.prizetrac.kr/international2015

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    it is just you

you can find a comparison chart here (scroll down a little bit) http://dota2.prizetrac.kr/international2015
    Well that's good to know!

Although I'm still a bit confused on why another Axe immortal for the top reward, he already has two.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    This is what worries me most. She is finally in a state where she's actually strong enough to be picked because so much power has been front-loaded onto her. If she does end up being a top pick at TI5 then chances are she'll be in line for some nerfs come the next patch cycle and she's right back to never being picked again.
    A lot of her power in her ult still relies on not being interrupted, which is very easy to do, so I think she'll be okay. At the current time, Enigma still does everything she does and better. Faster jungler, better CCer, much more damage, better ultimate. She's mostly a good substitute for lane support and roaming help, and an ultimate that actually does its own damage (she's a great pick to counter Slark pickers for example).
    Feels that way to me too, though I know better. I think it's partly because the value keeps stagnating since it isn't updated constantly, and the fact that it started off so explosively. It has slowed considerable from the first 24 hours, which is obvious, but it still makes it feel like it's growing slowly in the long run.
    Although I'm still a bit confused on why another Axe immortal for the top reward, he already has two.
    I think he's just a really popular hero and the compendium rewards are designed around what will sell, not what the game needs, which is why Troll and Zeus are looking like potential candidates for the next two immortal sets. We all know a Viper immortal would be a great chance for them to fix the model without having to actually fix the model, just like they did with the NS set, but nobody gives a shit about Viper so it's unlikely.

I think he's just a really popular hero and the compendium rewards are designed around what will sell, not what the game needs, which is why Troll and Zeus are looking like potential candidates for the next two immortal sets. We all know a Viper immortal would be a great chance for them to fix the model without having to actually fix the model, just like they did with the NS set, but nobody gives a shit about Viper so it's unlikely.
    Zeus mario immortal set incoming man. Even have the coin jump taunt in the game now. Personally i really want the desert terrain.

Feels that way to me too, though I know better. I think it's partly because the value keeps stagnating since it isn't updated constantly, and the fact that it started off so explosively. It has slowed considerable from the first 24 hours, which is obvious, but it still makes it feel like it's growing slowly in the long run.

I think last time feels faster to me because it was a smaller goal at first I think.

Also don't one of the pages in the Compendium actually have like, Meepo's sitting around the immortals hanging on a wall?
    I mean, besides the obvious "They screwed up on the Immortal question mark on the page and Zeus is there instead"

So what potentially can be done to actually make BKB worth buying? It is almost useless item. Make it 2k gold?
    And for god sake, rework either diffusal or PL lategame.

Even making diffusal not drain mana if you are under the effect of vanguard or just under effect of upgraded one would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    So what potentially can be done to actually make BKB worth buying? It is almost useless item. Make it 2k gold?
    And for god sake, rework either diffusal or PL lategame.

Even making diffusal not drain mana if you are under the effect of vanguard or just under effect of upgraded one would be fine.
    Diffusal doesn't drain during BKB
    They could buff BKB by 10 damage or something but I really don't want to go back to the days where it was first item on every single hero in the game and people with BKB just auto-win against spell casters because it was the only item they ever needed.

I'm not sure Meepo himself will get an immortal but it obviously wouldn't be surprising.

A lot of her power in her ult still relies on not being interrupted, which is very easy to do, so I think she'll be okay. At the current time, Enigma still does everything she does and better. Faster jungler, better CCer, much more damage, better ultimate. She's mostly a good substitute for lane support and roaming help, and an ultimate that actually does its own damage (she's a great pick to counter Slark pickers for example).
    By itself CM's even more buffed up Ult wouldn't be that much of a problem. With the new Glimmer Cape however she'll have at least one way to avoid being interrupted, and its an item she can probably afford unlike some of the more expensive alternatives like a BKB. Sure, you can buy dusts, gems and whatever else, but the range on it is so large now you can comfortably channel it out of Line of Sight, so you've got to find where she is, then dust, then interrupt it. Its far from impossible, but unless you're quick doing it CM will get at least some damage out from her ult.

You'd usually pick CM to support a carry, with roaming and jungling on the side. She's a good baby sitter for most carries, her skill set allows her to halt almost all gank attempts and she works very well in both aggressive and defensive trilanes. She is a bit lacking when it comes to harassing other laners, but her slows are usually enough to win a 2v1, especially if her carry either has hard CC or strong early game damage. She might not be as good at baby sitting as some other supports, and she isn't as good at ganking as others but she's one of the few supports that's flexible enough to do both.

Enigma on the other hand you usually pick to jungle, with occasional lane supporting and ganking as and when needed. He'll probably be looking to farm up a Blink Dagger ASAP before doing anything else. Then possibly look to to push towers or to team fight, depending on the kind of game your team wants to play. They fill almost totally different roles on a team.

Diffusal doesn't drain during BKB
    Tell me that lategame when whether its 5 or 10sec BKB vs even 4 sloted PL it is irrelevant. It doesnt drain mana, too bad you ded from illus.
    He can just drag fights too long to make even a 10sec BKB relevant or just switch targets to render everyone useless, you dont have to kill people, as long you keep them drained, they cant do anything since escaping from PL is like having Blink + force off CD all time.