1. #18001
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Tusk feels like a "sleeper" hero. I think people are beginning to figure out how to use him effectively and he seems to be, well, pretty effective when they do that. Snowball is just so good.
    The problem in most games is just that Snowball requires too much communication to be good, or that most people fail to realize how powerful Snowball is if there are 2+people loaded into it.

  2. #18002
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The problem in most games is just that Snowball requires too much communication to be good, or that most people fail to realize how powerful Snowball is if there are 2+people loaded into it.
    Yeah. I think it also kind of requires a certain kind of draft, to really take advantage of the quick positioning. Like being able to drop a Tiny or Ursa or something on top of people.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  3. #18003
    Syllabear is fine now that his bear has mana. Rush a quick MoM in the jungle with phase and venom on the bear and you will get kills. You WILL get kills. Finish the bear off with basher and start stacking the hero to be godly. You can also go shadow blade bear and BoT on hero and teleport your hero into ganks, but in my experience people tend to buy gems even for that.

  4. #18004
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,822
    I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a hotfix to nerf Shrapnel. Minimal mana cost, effectively no cooldown because of how charges work, incredibly long cast range, it's a potent slow, it gives vision, it's a large AOE and it does a huge amount of damage over its duration. It's 100% of the reason Sniper is so popular now and basically ensures the hero requires no relevant skill to play.

    But then again, I honestly think Valve doesn't even care about balance anymore, no more than they do porting over the rest of the heroes or fixing the numerous acknowledged bugs still in the game (Sylla alone has like 30 bugs/discrepancies between DotA and Dota 2 behavior, some of which are pretty significant.) They're turning into Blizzard :-/

    - - - Updated - - -

    Why are pro teams playing musical chairs with their rosters? Is it their sponsors refusing to accept that even the best teams will occasionally lose a few tournaments, or what? I was thinking about it, and I think that's why I find pro games so boring - teams don't have consistent rosters, so they can never really develop a full playbook. Instead, all the teams just copy each other, resulting in "the meta." If teams had their own playbooks, I don't think there'd be "the meta" in the sense that we have one now... instead, it'd just be a series of "well this strategy works well against this one, but has problems dealing with this one" situation where every game really would play out differently from every other game.

    I feel like, since emphasis in Dota 2 is on pro teams, they need to figure out some way of incentivizing teams to stick together instead of trading each other out constantly.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  5. #18005
    Fans get bored of the same team forever. Shuffling players around is a great way to keep people watching (OH man! They replaced X shit player with Y godly player now this team is gonna be off the chart!). Valve's focus is obviously on getting people to watch tournaments, they're pushing this as a main source of money because the hat game is already taken care of for them in the workshop. Balance updates aren't important, people will watch the pros no matter what heroes they pick. Gameplay updates aren't important either for the same reason. All that matters is pushing tournaments.

  6. #18006
    After being myself in one of the most succesfull CS1.5/1.6 team in the world with quite stable roster it all comes down:
    a) not being able to cope at some point with certain players
    b) people need change
    c) people grow up
    d) people simply have their limits, and either they cant progress more or just plain get BORED.

    Every 2-3years I change job and it is amazing way to get new contacts and actually better $$$.

    I dislike only the fact if team completly dies like DK
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2015-04-13 at 10:22 PM.

  7. #18007
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I feel like, since emphasis in Dota 2 is on pro teams, they need to figure out some way of incentivizing teams to stick together instead of trading each other out constantly.
    I think that having Dota seasons with Transfer windows in them like they have in other none e-sports could be a possible solution. Maybe not one that works for everyone, but certainly one that works well enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Fans get bored of the same team forever. Shuffling players around is a great way to keep people watching (OH man! They replaced X shit player with Y godly player now this team is gonna be off the chart!).
    Its one way to keep things fresh. Is it the best way? I don't know. You have to wonder what would happen if teams stopped being comprised just of Pro players who just happened to play the position you need and were made up instead of five Pro players who had a proven track record of working well together. I don't think it would be as stale as people imagine, having a solid team would allow them to drill all kinds of strategies. A team that could reliably play every type of Dota imaginable, and probably inventing a few new ones along the way, would definitely shake things up enough to earn themselves some fans.

  8. #18008
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,310
    I was soggesting Ymir because of his AS slow and cockblock that gives 0 fuck on BKB and makes Troll a fried potato for ganks, but snowball is good too

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a hotfix to nerf Shrapnel. Minimal mana cost, effectively no cooldown because of how charges work, incredibly long cast range, it's a potent slow, it gives vision, it's a large AOE and it does a huge amount of damage over its duration. It's 100% of the reason Sniper is so popular now and basically ensures the hero requires no relevant skill to play.
    Before changes to headshot and shit i used to skip Shrapnel completely, went for passives and stats because didn't wanted to waste any mana on shitty vision/blinkblocking spell

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why are pro teams playing musical chairs with their rosters? Is it their sponsors refusing to accept that even the best teams will occasionally lose a few tournaments, or what? I was thinking about it, and I think that's why I find pro games so boring - teams don't have consistent rosters, so they can never really develop a full playbook.
    Isn't consistency = boring?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  9. #18009
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Before changes to headshot and shit i used to skip Shrapnel completely, went for passives and stats because didn't wanted to waste any mana on shitty vision/blinkblocking spell
    A lot of people did. A lot of people underestimated how good it was. It's even better now, even if it can't be used to chip towers down anymore.

    Isn't consistency = boring?
    I don't think so. I think the only way a sport of any kind can mature is if it remains consistent for a long time. Between seasonal patches which dramatically change how the game is played and team rosters being a fucking revolving door, there's no stable ground for teams or players to begin to develop real strategies and tactics on, so all they can do is just copy each other.

    I personally think that's extremely boring, but I guess I'm in the minority since Valve is clearly doing what people want
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  10. #18010
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,310
    I personally would love to see more new players and teams on pro scene, because they often bring something new to meta
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  11. #18011
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I personally would love to see more new players and teams on pro scene, because they often bring something new to meta
    The two ain't mutually exclusive though
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  12. #18012
    Deleted
    I agree that teams are way to unstable the last few months. I dont even know which one to root for, since they shuffle around so much...
    And we still have the big after TI shuffle incoming, hopefully teams will stabilize after that.

  13. #18013
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,822
    Surprised Slark isn't more popular. MoM->Blinker->Basher/SnY/preferred item, add BKB in there wherever depending on skill level, and you pretty much faceroll everything. Slark has no vulnerabilities other carries lack - literally every single hero in the game is vulnerable to spamming - but has a ton of tools to get out of shit like that. Ulti is a get out of jail free card, Dark Pact means you can't be reliably disabled for very long unless you're just really bad at timing it (in pubs you don't even have to time it, just mash it on cooldown) and also means that dust doesn't function as a solution to a Lothar's build, and you don't really need to build damage much, just some IAS to get Essence Shift stacks rolling.

    Seems like he'd be an incredibly effective solution to Juggy and Sniper since he'll shit on both of them by midgame (shits on Sniper all game as long as he can get into range, he'll beat Juggy at right clicking later in the game and can always just ult out of Omnislash) and his ulti can be a temporary solution to Axe's taunt. A MoM build might be too risky for comp, but you can just give him any other efficient IAS item instead, or just skip the IAS item and go blinker into something like SnY instead.

    Like... Dark Pact is so ridiculously OP if you have even the slightest idea of what you're doing. Really feel like it needs to cost more mana or have fewer dispel ticks or something. A Slark that has even the slightest idea of how to play the hero can faceroll almost anything. Even a bad like me can pretty much automatically win games against players of similar skill with the MoM->blink->basher build. It's really fucking ridiculous with Omni, too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  14. #18014
    Slark isn't that great because his DPS is piss late game so he's a terrible actual carry except in extremely long fights that he can dip in and out of. I would like to see his ability to find wards nerfed, though. As it stands, sentries are also not a counter to shadow blade build because he will know the second he's walked into one and turn around. I guess you stopped his gank with that 200g, too bad he just made you waste 200g and you won't even get to bait a kill out of it, he will just walk away and farm jungle because he is immortal.

    Most invis heroes have to carry a gem around mid to late game so they don't die to traps, Slark auto-counters them and that's kind of absurd. Being able to find enemy obs wards with ease is just icing on the cake.

    Anyway, the reason Slark isn't a big pick is because AoE stuns pretty much shut him down instantly. He kind of HAS to use dark pact for DPS or he won't kill anything, and smart players will just wait for the animation and then stun him when it's over. If you can stun him during his ultimate he is dead.

  15. #18015
    Slark problem in pubs is finding farm. He has quite weak laning stage, if you dont have a proper suport player behind and thus if lane goes poorly it is hard for him to catch up on farm and only way to go back into game is finding kills.

  16. #18016
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Anyway, the reason Slark isn't a big pick is because AoE stuns pretty much shut him down instantly. He kind of HAS to use dark pact for DPS or he won't kill anything, and smart players will just wait for the animation and then stun him when it's over. If you can stun him during his ultimate he is dead.
    Yeah, but AOE stuns aren't trending. I guess if Lion got lucky?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  17. #18017
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,310
    It's quite easy to land Impale on Slark, no need to be lucky. Also - Magnus = instantdeath Slark
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  18. #18018
    Starting to see complaints about Lina mid pile up, about time people realized how overpowered she is

    The buff to slave damage was really unnecessary, she was already one of the best mids in the game. People were too stupid to see it until she got buffed to the point where she can send you to the fountain at level 3 for 200 mana. People get so caught up on "lane control" that they forget that you don't have to control the lane when the enemy is constantly at their tier 2 or fountain. About time the spell spam mids returned, Leshrac is one of the only people who can currently stop Lina without massively outplaying her.

  19. #18019
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Starting to see complaints about Lina mid pile up, about time people realized how overpowered she is

    The buff to slave damage was really unnecessary, she was already one of the best mids in the game. People were too stupid to see it until she got buffed to the point where she can send you to the fountain at level 3 for 200 mana. People get so caught up on "lane control" that they forget that you don't have to control the lane when the enemy is constantly at their tier 2 or fountain. About time the spell spam mids returned, Leshrac is one of the only people who can currently stop Lina without massively outplaying her.
    Lina needs to snowball in order to be dangerous. her stun is unreliable (until she gets EULs that is) and if she lacks items or levels she really really lacks dmg.

  20. #18020
    ...which is why you play her mid, Houyi.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •