10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    AA, lina, qop, SF are the biggest reasonable threats that huskar has. And BS. Because he's BS.
    Ooh, yeah, AA.

Also Huskar needs a blink dagger or Snowball or something at pro level. Pros are just simply not going to let him trudge up to them with his 350 move speed. I really feel like phase+SnY is better than treads+armlet for the same reason it's the popular build on Naix, another hero that's very subject to being kited.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    I disagree with right click hero being a counter to a hero you build a load of armor on.

Lina doesn't really counter him ethier, by the time she has boots - euls and aghs he won't die to her.

QoP does 500 dmg to him

Timber dies as soon as he jumps a huskar.

Other heroes you listed as pretty much all super hard carries, i wouldn't pick huskar to be my carry.
    clinkz does a lot of dmg with his q+w on huskar, wr.. crit +aghs u'll pbly die no matter what armor u have.

qop and lina does counter him, because HUskar want to be at 400ish hp. always, otherwise he isn't as a strong.

he can be killeable. otherwise its really hard to kill him with other hero. he will have like 40 armor, 100% magic resist 400 -600 hp, fountain regen (his q).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Ooh, yeah, AA.

Also Huskar needs a blink dagger or Snowball or something at pro level. Pros are just simply not going to let him trudge up to them with his 350 move speed. I really feel like phase+SnY is better than treads+armlet for the same reason it's the popular build on Naix, another hero that's very subject to being kited.
    im not sure if u're serious but no, armlet is core on him, he can solo towers/roshan with it. you've a gasp closer, you also have a team.

- - - Updated - - -

? Huskar can't farm for shit. Without BKB immediately after armlet/hotd he will just get kited and disabled and ignored/killed. Without armor he will get torn apart by Clinkz or any other physical DPS source, BKB or not. Huskar will straight up lose a manfight to PA, Clinkz, etc if both have BKB, whether it's solo or in the middle of a teamfight.
    you can effectively farm the jungle with only armlet, cleaning it all in one minute. how he can't farm for shit? you don't really need bkb unless they've a stupid amount of lockdown, even with that. if they use all on you, you have a team. huskar's Q is insane too, its like active heart all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Repel. Aphotic Shield. Press the Attack.
    does that shit dispel it? cuz euls doesn't.

most of u guys here, dont realize huskar was always like this, stomp or useless. but he's crossing the line to be stomping everygame. even with lina or qop in ur team its really hard if he snowballs, which he will. armlet, roshan, get all towers. ez game
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2015-07-18 at 08:20 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

I miss his old passive that gave him a rapier worth of dmg when he was at 1%
    I also want more heroes to jungle!

Remember that game where mid WR outfarmed safelane husk to a crit aghs and it somehow disregarded armor because some guy on the forums said so even though he doesn't know how crit and armor works?

I personally don't remember that, but apparently it's a thing so I hope it gets addressed. Also there's nothing effective about farming jungle with only armlet compared to how fast you clear with an additional hotd. You also aren't going to kill roshan with only armlet. again, hotd is needed. feel free to try and prove me wrong but i don't think i need a spoiler alert to tell you it isn't possible.

@pizza: husk is not an initiator (to the degree of heroes like ES/puck etc). Catching people is not his job, but rather making people try to catch him kind of like bristleback. Throw your heal on before pushing and force the enemy team to come to you. when they are forced to try to stop you, your team comes in and you are pretty much the tank.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-07-18 at 01:22 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    fountain regen (his q).
    sup diffusal blade

im not sure if u're serious but no, armlet is core on him, he can solo towers/roshan with it. you've a gasp closer, you also have a team.
    His gap closer is shit with shit range combined with shit move speed. It doesn't matter if he has a team. Ursa has a team. Naix has a team. Sven has a team. Doesn't matter, they all get kited in circles all day without blinker etc. Huskar will require blink dagger to be useful at the pro level.

you can effectively farm the jungle with only armlet, cleaning it all in one minute. how he can't farm for shit? you don't really need bkb unless they've a stupid amount of lockdown, even with that. if they use all on you, you have a team. huskar's Q is insane too, its like active heart all the time.
    Because sf qop lina lesh gyro can clear an entire triple stacked jungle in the same time and make about 3x-4x the gold Huskar did in less time. Huskar is garbage at farming.

does that shit dispel it? cuz euls doesn't.
    Repel and Aphotic Shield etc dispel burning spears, yes.

most of u guys here, dont realize huskar was always like this, stomp or useless. but he's crossing the line to be stomping everygame. even with lina or qop in ur team its really hard if he snowballs, which he will. armlet, roshan, get all towers. ez game
    Huskar won't snowball because he's complete garbage at the pro tier. You don't have to counterpick him, half the heroes in the game that are popular already do well against him without having to pick explicit counters to him. Tusk shits on him. BS shits on him. QoP shits on him. Lina shits on him. SF shits on him. VS shits on him. ES shits on him. Gyro shits on him. Clinkz shits on him. Dazzle shits on him.

- - - Updated - - -

@pizza: husk is not an initiator (to the degree of heroes like ES/puck etc). Catching people is not his job, but rather making people try to catch him kind of like bristleback. Throw your heal on before pushing and force the enemy team to come to you. when they are forced to try to stop you, your team comes in and you are pretty much the tank.
    Your heal gets purged immediately because your enemies aren't retarded. You're like BB except you have no AOE, no way of engaging people without using your ult or praying they'll let you hobble up to them. You're also like BB except you're squishy as fuck because without your (maxed, read: lvl 14) heal, you're squishy.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2015-07-18 at 02:35 PM.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

feel free to try and prove me wrong but i don't think i need a spoiler alert to tell you it isn't possible.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9ISF8zfbXw kek

- - - Updated - - -

Your heal gets purged immediately because your enemies aren't retarded. You're like BB except you have no AOE, no way of engaging people without using your ult or praying they'll let you hobble up to them. You're also like BB except you're squishy as fuck because without your (maxed, read: lvl 14) heal, you're squishy.
    idk, maybe you should check this http://www.datdota.com/hero.php?q=Huskar he isn't that trash like u said. he'd have 0% win rate if he was that ez

all he needs is ac armlet hotd treads which he needs around 20 min and you can't stop him from ending the game. unless you win 5v5 defending which usually you can't.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2015-07-18 at 03:23 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one time cliff jungling Profit would be good. Or they'd just pick a roamer like Gondar and feed off Huskar all game

idk, maybe you should check this http://www.datdota.com/hero.php?q=Huskar he isn't that trash like u said. he'd have 0% win rate if he was that ez

all he needs is ac armlet hotd treads which he needs around 20 min and you can't stop him from ending the game. unless you win 5v5 defending which usually you can't.
    Yes, he only needs 15k gold worth of items (because it's pro and if you don't have BKB as a core you're not getting anything done) to be good! As a hero with no flashfarm, no pushing potential, no ability to play from behind.

I see very few games there played with/against top tier teams. Most of those are mid-tier and low-tier nobodies, which means they're basically just really skilled and better-coordinated pub teams. One game by Fear, I see ZSMJ in there, I see Era (he's not top tier though, IIRC), and that's about all the names I recognize.

I just don't see Huskar being functional in a scenario like EG v Secret or something similarly top-tier. The hero is a serious liability at that level of play because he has so many weaknesses against a coordinated, skilled enemy team. Glimmer Cape will completely shut him down against a good team - Life Break will do basically nothing if you can predict it and have the cape on the target before he lands, and even if you have to use it reactively, it basically removes Burning Spears from the game as a source of damage.

And as mentioned above, Huskar has a lot of problems playing against a lot of heroes that are already very common. Sure, the Tusk and BS are likely to get banned out, but what about those others? Can you really afford to ban a Dazzle when you need to be banning out mids or signature heroes? Is it really worth banning a Dazzle if it means Puppey can get his Chen? What about VS or ES? Those heroes are almost never worth banning, because there are too many other heroes that you have to ban, but both of them completely fuck over Huskar (ES does massive damage if Huskar isn't low already, Fissure block instantly stops Huskar if he's already jumped, VS can just swap Huskar or his target away, etc.)

Even if we assume you're last picking Huskar, which is a very fair assumption to make, the sheer number of heroes you'd need to ban or counterpick just to allow Huskar to not instantly be useless in-game is just staggering.

Huskar is extremely good in pubs and I think he's a pretty viable choice for second- and third-tier pro team matchups, but I just simply can't see him being an effective pick for the finals or grand finals - the level of play there is just going to be too high for a hero that has so many problems dealing with coordinated teams with fast reaction times and more importantly, intelligent reactions.

I think the fucking spamming of pure damage and shit like that is his biggest issue right now. If QoP ulti wasn't pure and BKB piercing and Lina agh's wasn't so broken, I think he'd be a much more competitive pick, because at least then you could pick him and only have to worry about the enemy team's physical DPS. But you can pick him to deal with the QoP or Lina and they still have a button they can push against him even when he has 75% MR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Do pros not build life steal on Huskar? I mean, granted this is my garbage ranking level, but I considered it a bit too much that the less hp huskar has, the faster he attacks, so the more health he gets back on top of his own stupid heal.
    pros dont pay huskar, he is the least picked hero in the pro scene, he is quite frankly garbage.

You want lifesteal (hotd) for sustained farming and man fighting at low hp with flaming spears.
    Alright, was just curious because I don't think I've ever seen a Huskar without any lifesteal nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    pros dont pay huskar, he is the least picked hero in the pro scene, he is quite frankly garbage.
    That didn't answer the question I asked at all.

The one time cliff jungling Profit would be good. Or they'd just pick a roamer like Gondar and feed off Huskar all game
    i was proving that u can solo rosh with armlet, if u jungle or safelane or mid doesn't matter.
    - Ronald Koeman.

Fuck you, equal. I needa start testing these things before I talk.

Or at least checking to see if some bastard has created some crazy cliff jungling, 3 flaming spear throwing, technical rosh guide.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I wouldn't skip armlet, you can solo rosh at level 7 or 8 with it. And nobody expects huskar to solo rosh that early, even though most people know it can be done by now.

Husk jungle is possible and it's actually fairly quick, but you're at 1% health the entire time so anyone who checks to see if you're jungling will get a free kill.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-07-18 at 07:16 PM.

husk jungle is posible but meh, I prefer it as support
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was proving that u can solo rosh with armlet, if u jungle or safelane or mid doesn't matter.
    Meh, I don't think pro teams would fall for a solo Rosh attempt unless they were somehow unaware of Huskar being able to do it. If you have an Ursa or Lycan they'll always send someone or something to take a peek at Rosh if you've been missing for more than 30ish sec after a point in the game when you should have the item(s) required to do the solo Rosh.

but you can win tf or w.e and kill rosh easily, like if u had any other "roshan" hero
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    but you can win tf or w.e and kill rosh easily, like if u had any other "roshan" hero
    Sure, but so can any team with a Dazzle, VS, etc with a medallion.

10+ Year Old Account
    dota allstars pudge had better rot animation and sounds than dota 2 one
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    dota allstars pudge had better rot animation and sounds than dota 2 one
    He makes up for it with more personality and an Australian accent.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not long now till TI group stages. Excitement starting to build. Cmon my boy PPD, hope him and EG win it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also can't help but notice that natures profits projectile looks like shit compared to allstars dota
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.