1. #19001
    90% (I'm making this figure up, but I'm sure actually pretty close) of pro matches that pick SF will first ban lesh because SF is only good if he can't be stopped. Implying he can't be stopped is kinda stupid unless you are playing capmode with an actual team that has tons of communication. Otherwise, any roaming support combined with a hero like lesh mid will have SF either feeding or retreating to the jungle.

    Funny thing is, there's probably a few more OP heroes that much fewer people are using in pro matches right now, but will probably be game changing picks in the international because everyone is trying to fine-tune their secret strats. I can think of at least three, 2 of which being clinkz and huskar.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

  2. #19002
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    90% (I'm making this figure up, but I'm sure actually pretty close) of pro matches that pick SF will first ban lesh because SF is only good if he can't be stopped. Implying he can't be stopped is kinda stupid unless you are playing capmode with an actual team that has tons of communication. Otherwise, any roaming support combined with a hero like lesh mid will have SF either feeding or retreating to the jungle.

    Funny thing is, there's probably a few more OP heroes that much fewer people are using in pro matches right now, but will probably be game changing picks in the international because everyone is trying to fine-tune their secret strats. I can think of at least three, 2 of which being clinkz and huskar.
    I've been waiting for Huskar to gain popularity since his magic resist change, the hero is 100% broken.

  3. #19003
    Yea huskar is really dumb right now

    I think SF is fine honestly

  4. #19004
    Sadly for Huskar silver edge exists. Also he does 0 damage to a BKB and scales poorly otherwise. There's also AA ult and pure damage which is why he won't get picked in competitive. I'll be very surprised if Huskar ever gets picked, there are like 30 heroes in the game that hard counter him.

  5. #19005
    Deleted
    Such as ? I can think of 2 hero which directly counter Huskar - Life stealer and AA.


    Edit : I'm not saying i disagree i legit can't think of anything else which counters him.

  6. #19006
    What method are you using to dictate how carries are picked in tournament games? Surely you don't think they pick huskar first and just hope nobody counterpicks him, right? Are supports like AA being saved for the last picks in the games you watch? Which hero in the current popular meta besides SF/PL counters Huskar? Bans exist. In fact, Bans exist for a reason. Pick any of the AOE heavy mid FOTM heroes to deter a PL pick, Ban SF off the bat, then last pick Huskar if he's viable. Given the current meta, he looks to be the most viable which is why I think he will be picked.

    But then again maybe teams are just sitting around boot camping last pick AA games just in case sombody decides to pick huskar against the counter.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

  7. #19007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Sadly for Huskar silver edge exists. Also he does 0 damage to a BKB and scales poorly otherwise. There's also AA ult and pure damage which is why he won't get picked in competitive. I'll be very surprised if Huskar ever gets picked, there are like 30 heroes in the game that hard counter him.
    that's not even a counter, a good huskar would just save his ult to remove silver edge debuff.

    or just buy a ghost scepter. the hero is fucking retarded atm.. I've been playing it and you dont even need to armlet toggle. tho he isn't good vs qop lina bloodseeker. hero like clinkz wr are good vs him

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Such as ? I can think of 2 hero which directly counter Huskar - Life stealer and AA.


    Edit : I'm not saying i disagree i legit can't think of anything else which counters him.
    Lina and qop better counters.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    SF is very easy to use, took me like 2 - 3 fails of the Euls + Ulti combo and now it hits every time - really stupid combo.
    i agree, i got my sf immortal from one chest also bought his arcana and started spamming him, the hero is too strong atm. hit 2 razes = ez kill, flashfarm like no one and you can't stop him because jungle.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  8. #19008
    Dunno what this conspiracy is behind the unstoppableness of heroes just because they can enter the jungle.

    Roaming bounty hunter has a 77% july winrate for a reason...

    In fact, almost every loss SF has this month happens coincidentally against a team with a bounty, a tusk, a clinkz, or in 1 case a night stalker...

    Pretty weird coincidence for a hero who's supposed to be unstoppable and looooooooves fighting against such strong ganking heroes.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-07-17 at 05:08 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

  9. #19009
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Dunno what this conspiracy is behind the unstoppableness of heroes just because they can enter the jungle.

    Roaming bounty hunter has a 77% july winrate for a reason...

    In fact, almost every loss SF has this month is due to the other team having a bounty, a tusk, a clinkz, or in 1 case a night stalker...

    Pretty weird coincidence for a hero who's supposed to be unstoppable.
    well apart from ns those heroes are even more unstoppable as well. lel

    doesn't mean the hero is fine, he still have rly high p/b rate just because he's a safepick (1st-2nd pick usually) if he wasn't op and easily countered he wouldn't be near (p/b) as he is now
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  10. #19010
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Such as ?
    Anyone with right click damage. Anyone with pure damage. Timbersaw just wrecks the shit out of him, QoP ult will end him, Lina combo can kill him from full once she has Aghs. A support dazzle will shut him down, AA ult stops him from healing with vitality (which shuts him down), support Abaddon shielding people he jumps on kind of fucks him over, though it won't outright kill him, he won't get kills either. CK destroys him, PL destroys him, Naga destroys him, Troll destroys him, Alch, BB, Tusk, Slard, Doom, Slark, Jugg, Ursa, PA, Meeps, Dusa.

    Though it doesn't surprise me when people who largely play squishy heroes that rely on magic damage complain that Huskar is strong. Yeah, that's exactly who he's designed to kill. Too bad that's only half the heroes in the game, and the other half laugh their heads off. Don't get me wrong, I think Huskar is a decent hero now, but he was better before the change, you can expect him to die for every single kill he gets the whole game and he is guaranteed to get out carried by pretty much any other hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    that's not even a counter, a good huskar would just save his ult to remove silver edge debuff.
    I wouldn't buy silver edge just for huskar, just saying the item exists and it makes him less powerful by default. Also, ghost scepter shuts him down too, he leaps on you and you just ghost and walk away, hero countered.

  11. #19011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

    I wouldn't buy silver edge just for huskar, just saying the item exists and it makes him less powerful by default. Also, ghost scepter shuts him down too, he leaps on you and you just ghost and walk away, hero countered.
    then he just walk to some1 else and kill him, idk as huskar the only heroes i find annoying are, lina qop bloodseeker techies, how is any of those heroes u said a counter? maybe late- late game but even that, remember huskar will win the game before 30 min, no hero can "out carry" him in those minutes, hes unkilleable with armlet ac hotd evasion, unless you have a lina/qop or ridiculous physical dmg (wr+ slardar xD) + lockdown but still, hes cancer.





    you just go, armlet rush, roshan dive towers get all of them, get ac push highground end game 20-30 min
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2015-07-17 at 05:43 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  12. #19012
    Oh yeah, I didn't even consider int heroes, WR definitely wrecks him too. I don't see how a hero with 40 base damage is going to end a game before 30 mins outside of pub stomps. You can just ignore him if he tries to go for rax, it'll take him 30 minutes to kill the tower. He's also terrible at fighting over last hits and can only win a lane as long as he doesn't get aggressive, which means someone who plays passively and just goes for the last hit war is bound to beat him if they are a decent player. It's pretty easy to stop huskar from farming and snowballing by being smart enough how you face him. Same cannot be said of a lot of other, much better, heroes.

    You know it's funny Clinkz was brought up earlier, because I don't really see him being used much in TI5, but he is the exact kind of pick that takes a dump all over husk.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-07-17 at 05:53 PM.

  13. #19013
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,760
    Wow so many times i've been thinking "well, if this Sniper would go for Buriza and Deso instead of Maelstorm and Manta we would fucking lose" just because i'm not that fast at throwing shallow grave at important targets. It would be "pop 1k crit bye bye Dazzle".

    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Dunno what this conspiracy is behind the unstoppableness of heroes just because they can enter the jungle.

    Roaming bounty hunter has a 77% july winrate for a reason...

    In fact, almost every loss SF has this month happens coincidentally against a team with a bounty, a tusk, a clinkz, or in 1 case a night stalker...

    Pretty weird coincidence for a hero who's supposed to be unstoppable and looooooooves fighting against such strong ganking heroes.
    Wat.

    SF is easily "stoppable" before he gets any items (exactly where roaming heroes shine at). Isn't it just 101 fighting vs SF, just pick CM smoke or some shit and level 2 gank him into oblivion?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-07-17 at 05:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  14. #19014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Oh yeah, I didn't even consider int heroes, WR definitely wrecks him too. I don't see how a hero with 40 base damage is going to end a game before 30 mins outside of pub stomps. You can just ignore him if he tries to go for rax, it'll take him 30 minutes to kill the tower. He's also terrible at fighting over last hits and can only win a lane as long as he doesn't get aggressive, which means someone who plays passively and just goes for the last hit war is bound to beat him if they are a decent player. It's pretty easy to stop huskar from farming and snowballing by being smart enough how you face him. Same cannot be said of a lot of other, much better, heroes.

    You know it's funny Clinkz was brought up earlier, because I don't really see him being used much in TI5, but he is the exact kind of pick that takes a dump all over husk.
    armlet gives him a lot of dmg, also that's the point of huskar he'll stomp every game.. yeah try to ignore him (not like hes alone, he'll push with his team lol), having around 100-150 dmg and lots of attack speed, his dps is high, he doesn't melt towers but he kill them easily as well tank them.

    laning vs him is tricky, he can zone u out easily. orb attack no agro creeps/tower is op (if mid) safelane well its safelane.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post

    Pretty weird coincidence for a hero who's supposed to be unstoppable and looooooooves fighting against such strong ganking heroes.
    pick dazzle, tell dazzle tp everytime they dive u, get double kill
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  15. #19015
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    laning vs him is tricky, he can zone u out easily. orb attack no agro creeps/tower is op (if mid) safelane well its safelane.
    Orb attack costs him a lot of health to cast, doesn't do much damage at low ranks, and his base damage is godawful. All you really have to do is fight back if he tries to run past your creeps and most heroes can actually beat him up fairly well. He's absolutely awful against 2 heroes when one can just run while the other kills him. Huskar is really only great in a 1v1 situation, but those rarely exist anymore, even in mid most competitive games have supports spending a huge amount of their time protecting their "solo."

  16. #19016
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Orb attack costs him a lot of health to cast, doesn't do much damage at low ranks, and his base damage is godawful. All you really have to do is fight back if he tries to run past your creeps and most heroes can actually beat him up fairly well. He's absolutely awful against 2 heroes when one can just run while the other kills him. Huskar is really only great in a 1v1 situation, but those rarely exist anymore, even in mid most competitive games have supports spending a huge amount of their time protecting their "solo."
    Even in 1v1s huskar is mid range at best in the middle. He only stomp when its an Int hero that is not queen of pain or storm. When i play stuff like kunkka i just roll my eyes at those agressive huskar mid. All those free kills over the years, because they dont understand i had superior right click damage and creep do physical damage lol.

    Gotta agree with lysah, you arent gona see much of huskar this TI, hes as situational as it gets, the enemy team needs to fuck off the draft badly for huskar to fit. Huskar works in bad pubs, because its easy to feed on the weak links and think its because the hero is good. Youd need to ban like 50 heroes or pick huskar last without giving it away and without them drafting like 2 of those 50 heroes, which will never happen in competitive.

  17. #19017
    someone ought to collect all the ti5 (drafting) predictions itt and then post them again after the event

  18. #19018
    Deleted
    I disagree with right click hero being a counter to a hero you build a load of armor on.

    Lina doesn't really counter him ethier, by the time she has boots - euls and aghs he won't die to her.

    QoP does 500 dmg to him

    Timber dies as soon as he jumps a huskar.

    Other heroes you listed as pretty much all super hard carries, i wouldn't pick huskar to be my carry.

  19. #19019
    Bloodsail Admiral Omertocracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Yes.
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    someone ought to collect all the ti5 (drafting) predictions itt and then post them again after the event
    I predict 0% p/b for Abyssal Underlord.

  20. #19020
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    someone ought to collect all the ti5 (drafting) predictions itt and then post them again after the event
    I'll take a page from the mafia thread handbook and declare that I will personally post a video of me eating my shoe if Huskar makes a meaningful impact on ti5
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    I disagree with right click hero being a counter to a hero you build a load of armor on.

    Lina doesn't really counter him ethier, by the time she has boots - euls and aghs he won't die to her.

    QoP does 500 dmg to him

    Timber dies as soon as he jumps a huskar.

    Other heroes you listed as pretty much all super hard carries, i wouldn't pick huskar to be my carry.
    How do heroes like Timber or QoP ever die to Huskar? He has one gap closer, except it's very short range and has a cooldown and a long cast time. He has a short range for a ranged hero. He is crazy easy to kite and walk away from. There is no way in hell a Timbersaw should ever die to Huskar without being locked down by somebody else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •