Phase TA isn't even bad wtf are you kids talking about?

You do realize that phase + 6 means a guaranteed kill for lesh/lina/storm mid unless you have instant TPs from their pub teammates.

Going deathball early? Treads it up. drums/yasha is definitely still a thing. But calling phase bad is really, really, really, really, really, really, really, retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    They got to the finals of TI5 and are being called an inexperienced team on the mmo-champion forums. Burning said on his stream that EG won TI because the teams from China were more afraid of Aui's Techies and Naga than Sumail's Stormspirit/Ember etc. I think EG should of replaced Fear with RTZ tbh. This role swap might backfire.
    not inexperienced, but everyone knows how china teams bootcamp. current meta to the highest extreme and nothing else. cdec had what, 20 heroes used total? they couldn't do shit against techies because they only play/practice against the top pick/bans over the last 2 months.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Phase TA isn't even bad wtf are you kids talking about?

You do realize that phase + 6 means a guaranteed kill for lesh/lina/storm mid unless you have instant TPs from their pub teammates.

Going deathball early? Treads it up. drums/yasha is definitely still a thing. But calling phase bad is really, really, really, really, really, really, really, retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

not inexperienced, but everyone knows how china teams bootcamp. current meta to the highest extreme and nothing else. cdec had what, 20 heroes used total? they couldn't do shit against techies because they only play/practice against the top pick/bans over the last 2 months.
    Phase is situational and rarely the correct play in pubs because Treads + Desolator farms so much faster than Phase + Desolator. In pubs, you almost always win on the back of superior farm, not superior coordination, which means Phase (while it certainly has its time and place, and is not decidedly bad) is often outright inferior.

In pro games, or at the very least coordinated team games, it's an entirely different story because you don't necessarily need to achieve the same things you need to achieve in a pub (farm, and lots of it), and your team is more likely to be able to play around the early aggression that Phase TA promotes.

So much faster?

So you somehow lost mid and don't feel like ganking with one of the strongest early heroes in the game.

EDIT: nvm you're talking about pro games. so you're correct because the only thing that would stop phase ta from killing a lane of current metas would be team effort.

But then again you're the same person who said tusk was a bad hero.

Till I called him to be a 100% P/B in ESL. Which he was. Then was a top P/B in ti5.

You know how the game works really well.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-08-16 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    In what world have I ever called Tusk a bad hero in this patch? I've outright stated that Snowball is the most ridiculously overpowered spell available to a support in the game in its current incarnation. There's a difference between saying that Secret just drafts meme heroes (i.e heroes that are considered strong in the meta) that they don't have any real plan for and saying that the heroes they're drafting are bad.

Tusk was shit-tier until they overbuffed Snowball to a ridiculous degree. He now possesses arguably the most blatantly overpowered skill in the game. It's funny how that'll take a hero from "almost never picked" to 100% P/B, huh?

Never mind the fact that most mids are still expected to rack up so much farm in the current meta that just "going ganking" at a point where you only have Phase Boots is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard in my life. It works in pro games where you smoke up and have a specific objective in mind but it's possibly the stupidest shit you could start doing in a pub where the only person you can expect not to have rocks for brains is yourself.

about 50 pages ago, you went on a spree about tusk being garbage and that my 90% (still 90%+ to this day) not being meaningful because he wasn't core in pro play. Then like 2 weeks later he became a (hate using this term) staple in pro play, and to the highest degree.

As someone who actually plays TA, it's not GOING GANKING that secures my GPM. It's phase boots that let me dive and put many of the current meta mid heroes in an absolute shitstorm, unless someone like dazzle/any support tps in to save them. If the other team doesn't have a mid camping BH, phase TA mid can be one of the most dangerous mids in the entire laning system. If smoke TA phase is the only thing that makes sense to you, then you have no idea how climbing rating works and deserve that bold 4k of yours.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't fucking understand simple shit like this because you probably camp 4k and try to do pro shit that you've seen on DOTA TV.

You're a dime a dozen.

- - - Updated - - -

God I hate retarded adults that just blindly following sumail... funny part is that he uses treads/phase situationally.

I seriously hope these people are children.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-08-16 at 02:36 PM.

Calm down, LiiLo. I know moderation here is lax, but I'd still at least thinly veil my spite.

He stopped talking for a solid 5 weeks after I made the tusk call. I just don't like people saying items are only good if pros use them. It's so annoying when people say they are bad on heroes that I/pros/coaches use to climb rating with in pubs or just use in unranked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    He stopped talking for a solid 5 weeks after I made the tusk call. I just don't like people saying items are only good if pros use them. It's so annoying when people say they are bad on heroes that I/pros/coaches use to climb rating with in pubs or just use in unranked.
    I stopped talking for a solid 5 weeks because I bother to check this cesspool of a forum when there's literally nothing else relevant on the entirety of MMO-C. Maybe if this forum wasn't just shitposts by Pizzashark and you throwing a tantrum every time someone doesn't hold the exact same opinion as you (God forbid people don't just blindly take anecdotes from pubs as data!) people would actually frequent it

Edit: And if you'd bothered for a second to read what I fucking wrote I said the exact opposite of Phase Boots being bad - I said they're situational, they have their place, but that in pubs you're generally better off trying to out-farm your opponents than rely on being able to predict any sort of behaviour - whether from your own team or the opponents - and Treads does more to facilitate that.

How dare you compare me to PizzaShark.

And no, you said that phase is often going to be the wrong choice, which means you really bank on your team carrying you a little bit too often.

I'll treads in a deathball stack. Because I'm not terrible at the game. If I don't know anyone else on my team, I'll build to wreck their mid. And guess what that requires for a good TA (most of the time)? Phase. Unless the mid is like Mag or some shit.

Basic dota is basic.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-08-16 at 03:12 PM.

I get the impression that the real takeaway here is, "If you feel safe go phase, if you don't go treads"

I play aggressive TA mid.

I've played against dragonfist with his 30 winstreak autolock ta and still lost with my storm because he plays to shut down the other mid. My storm is obviously not amazing, but his phase TA made it feel like i was playing against a WR mid (who rapes storm).

I get forced into jungle quickly, and next thing you know there's a blink TA ontop of you making you zip away from camps while he takes your stacks because it takes at least 3 people to shut down an aggressive TA who raped the mid he was against.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I get the impression that the real takeaway here is, "If you feel safe go phase, if you don't go treads"
    I never go treads on TA even if I feel safe. The Phase/Yasha/Drums build was for sure the strongest pre-Blink and Desolator buff. You needed the Phase Boots damage. But now, treads is just better.

Treads is just better with no explanation and every well name player still uses phase.

You heard it here first.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2015-08-16 at 05:07 PM.

Deleted
    I really like Aquila as an item on agi carries but I think I'm too greedy. Every time I am about to buy it I think "Nah, let's just save for a bigger item" but I don't think I've ever regretted the purchase the few times I did buy it on heroes like PA, Void etc. The passive regen is so good for sustain and it's good damage too for the cost. I think TA can benefit from it if she goes Phase because she lacks the mana efficiency from Treads but Treads TA doesn't need it as much and I just feel gettiing that Blink or Desolator faster is more important.

I believe Aquila remains the single most efficient damage item in the game for agility heroes.

http://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/oracle

god that winrate

nice game, dotards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    http://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/oracle

god that winrate

nice game, dotards
    I think maybe 3 people in the world know how to use that hero. xD

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/616928254

me on prophet

what went wrong?
    Idiot jugg feeding, hope you reported that guy.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/616928254

me on prophet

what went wrong?
    What the hell? That's impressive in a sad way, although that's the first time I've seen comments on dotabuff.