All Random Deathmatch is probably the worst mode I've ever had to play so far in Dota...yet my friend keeps queuing me up for it with him.

Dota, the game you want to strangle your friends before you even enter the game.

Post TI no immortals no terrain no balance patch uninstall time

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Pft, nerf Dazzle

Disclaimer, it's ability draft, it was just the first ability draft I had tons of fun with in a while.
    >look at Jester Joe's steam profile

>outdated 'lol so fenny' D.K. avatar

>adds tons of girls and tries talking to them over his steam comments

>me using green arrows because I apparently can't find a better way to serve up this lampooning

Wow, how totally unexpected of a person such as Jester Joe!

Anyways, anyways.

I just reinstalled this game a few days ago because I have a friend who wanted to try it and my Lord have I forgotten was an abysmal community this game has. I play Ranked just to avoid leavers as best I can, and while my MMR isn't great (4700 at the moment because I do not care about my MMR or ranked rating or whatever, I simply want to avoid as many leave-happy players as possible) I just get paired with some of the worst fuckers ever.

People who do dumb shit like go off alone, get ganked and then whine they didn't have wards or team support or something. I played a game with an insta-lock Shadow Fiend who demanded he get mid, then he dies a bunch (several times when running around the jungle for no reason by himself and getting caught out by Bounty Hunter) goes 0/7 and then just leaves.

We actually could have 4v5'd rather easily, but the Wisp on my team just instantly gets angry and leaves and then the enemy just 5 man pushes us (they still nearly lost) and two of them proceed to just shit talk the entire time unironically.

It's a fucking cesspit.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    >look at Jester Joe's steam profile

>outdated 'lol so fenny' D.K. avatar

>adds tons of girls and tries talking to them over his steam comments

>me using green arrows because I apparently can't find a better way to serve up this lampooning

Wow, how totally unexpected of a person such as Jester Joe!
    What a useless post

FYI- I change my avatar every 2-3 days, and I don't send out friend requests ever. Anyone who's on my friend's list added me, including my girlfriend so yeah.
    Also you'd probably do better being less of a creepy internet stalker and realize any comments on my profile are from almost a year ago.

And PS- your MMR is where you belong, so chances are you're not any better than that shadow fiend and Io you're complaining about.

What a useless post

FYI- I change my avatar every 2-3 days, and I don't send out friend requests ever. Anyone who's on my friend's list added me, including my girlfriend so yeah.
    Also you'd probably do better being less of a creepy internet stalker and realize any comments on my profile are from almost a year ago.

And PS- your MMR is where you belong, so chances are you're not any better than that shadow fiend and Io you're complaining about.
    Aw, and then he gets hyper-defensive about it, too. Will you ever fail to unsurprise me??

Anyways, how do people feel about the League-of-Legends-esque new items?

Aw, and then he gets hyper-defensive about it, too. Will you ever fail to unsurprise me??

Anyways, how do people feel about the League-of-Legends-esque new items?
    If you think that's "hyper-defensive", then you must be new to the internet. All I'm saying is you suck horribly at being a creepy internet stalker because you failed to miss the dates on my steam profile for comments, and also it takes two to tango, which in this case you have someone as a friend on steam and converse with them without them doing the same back.

Also, I feel bad for you if all you think about women is that they're meant to be hit on or something.

Lastly, those "new" items (new used in the loosest terms since they've been out for a pretty long time now) have been discussed already I'm pretty sure.

Basically, what I'm saying is stop filling the forums up with useless posts while blaming others of posting "useless posts". And hide your raging erection to stalk me around and trash talk.

"i- i swear im not hyper-defensive or anything! i didn' do nuffin!!"

Seems like no one thinks much of that Echo Shield item, but I've seen a lot of funny shit happen with it.

"i- i swear im not hyper-defensive or anything! i didn' do nuffin!!"

Seems like no one thinks much of that Echo Shield item, but I've seen a lot of funny shit happen with it.
    The AKA- I can't admit I tried insulting someone and got dunked in return.

Seeing funny things happen though doesn't make something good.

Kind of like how I see you making posts so bad they're funny. They're not good posts, just funny ones!

So did you actually want to discuss Dota, or confess your love for me?

The Lotus Orb does seem to be the least used in my experience though, Silver Edge, Octarine Core, and Solar Crest all get more usage.

Glimmer cape is a mandatory support item.

Solar crest is a mandatory item for a team in most games.

Octarine is a core late game item for a couple heroes.

Silver edge is a slark item.

Lotus Orb is meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Glimmer cape is a mandatory support item.

Solar crest is a mandatory item for a team in most games.

Octarine is a core late game item for a couple heroes.

Silver edge is a slark item.

Lotus Orb is meh.
    Seems to be confirmed by the usage numbers too.

http://www.dotabuff.com/items?date=patch_6.84c

Side note, Power Tread and Agh's used more than TP scroll. Oh geez.

Side note, Power Tread and Agh's used more than TP scroll. Oh geez.
    I dont think that TP stat is well. I check my own dotabuff and it says i buy more boots then tp and thats frankly impossible. In some game i must buy like 20-30 tps.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2015-08-29 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    I dont think that TP stat is well. I check my own dotabuff and it says i buy more boots then tp and thats frankly impossible. In some game i must buy like 20-30 tps.
    Hm, maybe it checks only for one purchase, rather than multiple, since you most likely won't buy multiple of the same item (Aside from a few odd items). Mine has TP scroll as the top, but the number is definitely lacking.

It seems off for brown boots too....says I bought Arcane more than Brown boots, which is quite impossible, it only has 21 for Brown boots. I guess it discounts if you upgrade the item too.

I think Dotabuff only collects Data at the end of the game. Its not recording the total number of TP's bought, just the number of times people have finished a game with a TP in their inventory.

Hm, maybe it checks only for one purchase, rather than multiple, since you most likely won't buy multiple of the same item (Aside from a few odd items).

But even then it wouldnt make sense. I have way more power thread purchased then TPs. Yet i buy phases as well. I cant think of a single game of dota 2 since dotabuff existence were i bought 0 tp. So tp should always win out because you get one count per match. I think the stat is about usage. Meaning everytime you thread switch, it would explain power threads beating everything by a landslide and aghs (everytime you ult).

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I think Dotabuff only collects Data at the end of the game. Its not recording the total number of TP's bought, just the number of times people have finished a game with a TP in their inventory.
    I guess i was overthinking it lol. Zebra is right. yeah now checking the list thats pretty much it, thats why all the early items are at the buttom game ends with nobody having those unless they got stomped.

If anything the TP being top 3 is impressive. I guess people do buy TPS in general and ends game with them in their inventory. People are smarter then i expected and dont just rush bots as often as i think they do.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2015-08-29 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Yeah like Ouch said, that makes the most sense. I guess then everything is pretty accurate except in terms of TPs, wards, and especially the courier... (Who the heck were those few players to still have a courier? )

guys remember to vote for trump ok

Nyx nyx nyx nyx nyx.

I dislike playing against Nyx, the moment you think you're safe jungling, boom Vendetta crit, stun, dagon, dead.

But dang that's impressive.

I havent played nyx in months, but the other day I saw moonmeander playing it, he had midas aghs octarine, that's the build. op as fk to defend high ground

also 75? sec midas or so, so much gold feels like doom
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.