Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    what is so op about storm, is that you need to counter him? being able to 1 shot you from far away (which he needs to have lot of items and hit you with it)

both lina and lesh build euls +blink/sb. do their stupid combo and run at you. also they own mid.

bkb also stop most of the storm dmg as well so.. and they're just as broken as storm if not more, but r easy as hell. storm is quite difficult and if you actually have lockdown he'll die.

they wont rework storm the hero has highskill cap and is really fun to play, no reason to rework him at all. yea some nerf but what? hes already shit in lane unless vs short ranged heroes.
    Psh, just pick Omniknight then obviously for Repel!

what is so op about storm
    His ultimate, which prevents you from going within 4000 units of a tower and also makes it impossible to kill him at the same time. The fact that he is one of the best farmers in the game on top of that.

both lina and lesh build euls +blink/sb. do their stupid combo and run at you. also they own mid.
    It's well accepted that Lina is only good against 1 hero and absolute garbage against 2. Her combo has a massive mana cost, a decent cooldown, and can be stopped in a large number of ways. Leshrac is pretty strong right now, but people can't ban in pubs so you can always go pugna/antimage. AM is a pretty hard counter, even if he gets BKB, you can just sit back and wait for the BKB to run out and then ult him for 3500 damage in a huge AoE. The same could be said for Stor-oh wait, he can just zip away, even from blink. Storm is also, hilariously, a hard counter for AM before he gets manta, nice!

bkb also stop most of the storm dmg as well so.. and they're just as broken as storm if not more, but r easy as hell. storm is quite difficult and if you actually have lockdown he'll die.
    Once you BKB, Storm just ults away and waits 10 seconds and then comes back and kills you. At best, you run away and he made you waste a charge without doing anything. He also forced you to buy an item that doesn't do anything against him because you can't use it to actually kill him, only survive momentarily. Also, Storm has great auto attack damage and can actually kill plenty of heroes through BKB because he can zip around totally immune to spells and damage while he attacks.

no reason to rework him at all
    60% winrate in TI5, second highest winrate out of heroes picked regularly behind BH, tied with Gyro. If they nerf any part of him, they will probably make him underpowered. His mechanics are what make him good, not his numbers. Why do you think the "nerf" they tried last patch was removing vision on his ult (lmfao).

Deleted
    Started to learn Slark. Fun hero. Running around with 20+ stacks late game is so much fun actually.

Learning Slark in the middle of Leshrac meta, interesting decision. He's a pretty good pub hero in general but very underwhelming late game if you aren't massively ahead, I think it's too easy for the AoE nuke spam meta to shut him out. I used to find him fun to play but now it feels more of a pain than anything. 1v2ing offlane is still fun at least.

Bloodseeker who is also popular atm does a very good job at fighting slarks.
    His passive make its difficult for a slark to hide from him, his ulti prevents slark from running away or risk running and putting yourself in the range of his passive.

Deleted
    Can't say I'm having that much success with Slark but I think it's fine. Having to deal with your counters only makes you better. I like the Treads, Aqulia, Drums build. For example, I already know how to deal wtih BS somewhat as Slark. You just ult and TP away if BS ruptures you. I mean it's not the best scenario but at least you live.

I used to love playing slark in dota 1 when he was a murloc, an australian bandit fishboy is just too annoying to play.
    Also mom+ethereal slark ftw

I have seen MoM slark before, it can be scary. Depends on the other teams line up if you will be able to time it with your ulti in order to avoid getting nuked down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    60% winrate in TI5, second highest winrate out of heroes picked regularly behind BH, tied with Gyro. If they nerf any part of him, they will probably make him underpowered. His mechanics are what make him good, not his numbers. Why do you think the "nerf" they tried last patch was removing vision on his ult (lmfao).
    50% in the main event, bh has 92% w.r lel. lina has 63% gyro 66%

storm has a lot of counters, silences, stuns etc anything with lockdown that is instant. also a weak lane so unless he snowball hes not that hard to stop. also grouping up and fighting helps. hes squishy hero, waste a lot of mana really fast so am can just ult him and he'll die and probably his teammates as well.

hes not bad as lesh or lina, yea you can stop them if you're coordinated with ur team or w.e you can do the same vs storm. thats why he wasn't 1st /ban material.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

50% in the main event, bh has 92% w.r lel. lina has 63% gyro 66%

Lina has 53% and is actually near balanced, as expected of a hero that is only slightly over the top, BH has 70% and yes we all know track is extremely broken because mechanics that introduce a way to get extra gold in the game will always be broken (I realize this statement includes shitpick Alchemist but I actually think Alch would be really OP if people tried to actually draft around him and did stuff like stacking jungle for him/etc, he can get 6 slotted at like 25 minutes if he has a good game).

And the hilarious thing about all of this, is that people say Storm only works in low level pub games because he's so easy to stop if you just lock him down. And yet, so many respect bans in TI5, so many games won on the back of Storm Spirit, so many losses that were close and almost turned around by this one single hero (look at you eul's drop). He is a huge pick in competitive right now, despite being a pub hero, amazing.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-11 at 03:18 AM.

So it's Reborn now...
    How do you like it actually?

Still full of the same old bugs that have been in reborn for a month, still DCing and crashing people like crazy, still ruining dota every day.

Noticing plenty of bugs, but still runs a lot smoother than the old client.

Yet to experience the "DCs and crashing" part, apparently.

so far its perfect for me, tho the ping went back to 100+ before it was like 50-60 (before every1 wen to reborn)

- - - Updated - - -

Lina has 53% and is actually near balanced, as expected of a hero that is only slightly over the top, BH has 70% and yes we all know track is extremely broken because mechanics that introduce a way to get extra gold in the game will always be broken (I realize this statement includes shitpick Alchemist but I actually think Alch would be really OP if people tried to actually draft around him and did stuff like stacking jungle for him/etc, he can get 6 slotted at like 25 minutes if he has a good game).

And the hilarious thing about all of this, is that people say Storm only works in low level pub games because he's so easy to stop if you just lock him down. And yet, so many respect bans in TI5, so many games won on the back of Storm Spirit, so many losses that were close and almost turned around by this one single hero (look at you eul's drop). He is a huge pick in competitive right now, despite being a pub hero, amazing.
    oh well I just checked the main event, he has literally 50% when the games matter the most.

also how is lina balanced? she was literally 1st pick/ban because of how OP and versatility she is.

http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/events/41/heroes
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Lina so dumb right now, low CD stun , nuke - free insta kill - stupid range - good auto attacking - high movespeed - and a pure damage ulti at 20 mins which 1 shots any support in the game.

That being said i'd rather play against Lina than Storm.

also how is lina balanced? she was literally 1st pick/ban because of how OP and versatility she is.

http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/events/41/heroes
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1784169252
    Perfect game showing how useless she is when you play around her. Granted she won this game, but not because of her. Made a couple of mistakes, most notable of which letting them win the game while Ember was DCed for 3 minutes and nobody paused, but that's Reborn for you.

She can certainly win mid against just about any hero. I think it's funny, I was saying Lina mid was godly even before they buffed dragon slave. Now that it can one shot ranged creeps, WAOW, what a broken mid pick. You literally can't stop her from getting minimum 2 creeps per wave, 3 really if she's smart about it, which means she is pretty much guaranteed her zero skill eul's combo by like 12 minutes. Nice.

All that said, she's only good for one kill, and plenty of items can prevent it. Linkens, glimmer on an ally, someone can simply stun her when she eul's you, you can BKB when you land and kill her, lots of ways to deal with Lina. She can't zipzap. Probably the only thing I'd really consider broken about her, aside from her guaranteed win mid lane, is having 460 movespeed with brown boots and eul's because of her passive, but that's more eul's needing a nerf than Lina.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-11 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted
    s4. How you have fallen.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1784169252
    Perfect game showing how useless she is when you play around her. Granted she won this game, but not because of her. Made a couple of mistakes, most notable of which letting them win the game while Ember was DCed for 3 minutes and nobody paused, but that's Reborn for you.

She can certainly win mid against just about any hero. I think it's funny, I was saying Lina mid was godly even before they buffed dragon slave. Now that it can one shot ranged creeps, WAOW, what a broken mid pick. You literally can't stop her from getting minimum 2 creeps per wave, 3 really if she's smart about it, which means she is pretty much guaranteed her zero skill eul's combo by like 12 minutes. Nice.

All that said, she's only good for one kill, and plenty of items can prevent it. Linkens, glimmer on an ally, someone can simply stun her when she eul's you, you can BKB when you land and kill her, lots of ways to deal with Lina. She can't zipzap. Probably the only thing I'd really consider broken about her, aside from her guaranteed win mid lane, is having 460 movespeed with brown boots and eul's because of her passive, but that's more eul's needing a nerf than Lina.

she still did her job, huskar useless and she also rekt bloodseeker

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1739951747

perfect example of how storm can be deal with, pick lockdown + am
    - Ronald Koeman.

she still did her job, huskar useless and she also rekt bloodseeker

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1739951747

perfect example of how storm can be deal with, pick lockdown + am
    Did you actually watch the replay? Lina did nothing all game, most of Huskar's deaths were to Slark which is why he's so fed. Seeker also did fine, honestly our team was set up to win before I fed gem misjduging repel duration and then we fed gem again when ember was DCed and reconnected right when we told his hero to pass gem to me, causing him to run down mid and die with it. We lost because of Slark and no other reason, we didn't have any AoE to stop him during his ult and he had omni to protect him from rupture initiations.

7k MMR game with 4 stunners against Storm? Don't even try to use that as evidence. I don't really give a shit how Storm does in the pros (even though the data shows he is still one of the best heroes in the game), the hero is pretty much unstoppable at 5k bracket because people don't have the coordination necessary to stop him.

dotabuff.com/players/93874877
    Here you go, 8 losses in a row to Storm. Admittedly, Storm isn't the only problem, I get total shitlords on my team every single game, and I don't exclude myself. After all, you can pretty much predict who wins the game in 6.84 just by looking at which team has more of the 10 or so broken heroes in the game, and this list of losses is no exception. Since I refuse to pick overpowered heroes, I am pretty much guaranteed to lose every game. Sad what dota has become, I'm pretty sure League is more balanced at this point.

At least one of the losses I counterpicked Silencer for shits and he fed all game, sadly 3 of his allies had godlike streaks at the same time and Silencer is still a shit hero so I was just a walking pile of gold all game.

I would say maybe I'm just terrible at this game and deserve to be 4k MMR, but the sad fact is that I had 80%+ winrate in solo ranked before 6.84 came out, and I haven't won a single game since then. I keep picking the same heroes, but they're just shit heroes now. You can say part of being a "good player" is knowing what heroes to pick, but that's just the problem with 6.84. You don't counterpick, you don't try to set up team composition and draft well, you simply pick the same 10 broken ass heroes for free MMR. Most boring patch in a long time, I GREATLY preferred trolhohaha to this. At least those heroes didn't auto-win against other heroes, plenty of heroes could stop Troll and Sniper is one of the easiest to gank heroes in the game.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-11 at 11:12 PM.

kay you're crazy if u prefer troll/sniper over meta heroes atm.

I just clicked one of ur games, since 2 others i clicked there wasn't a storm

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1784361985

how is it fuking storm being op? its more ur teammates being awful, that gyro. bloodseeker wtf.
    - Ronald Koeman.