1. #19881
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I'm not gonna bother climbing solo queue. I don't find it enjoyable. I've been top 200 leaderboards in the past and to be honest, it's just isn't fun trying hard to win when your team sucks.
    Well we have that in common. Though, it's not even about bad, people are just a fucking disease.
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1792404231
    Naga decided Gyro was bad and didn't deserve a win somewhere around 8 minutes into the game and actively tried to avoid helping the team and push lanes so we couldn't farm from then on out. The 4v5 was actually still winnable, but then Leshrac goes to the bathroom without DCing so we can't pause for him and they get free mid rax while it's 3v5 and we don't come back from that. A game that was extremely easy literally thrown away by my teammates and nothing a Syllabear can do. This happens way too often for me to even care about MMR anymore. I used to think people would try harder in ranked because they cared about their rating, but the opposite is true. The trolls know they can actually win by losing on purpose. In unranked, they can't hurt you, you lose nothing and you can just queue again in a game without them. But in ranked, they can cost you MMR, which they know will piss you off, so all the douchebags go ranked now and unranked is acually usually a more pleasant experience for me.

    Anyway, I don't see how meld counters viper strike when any game over 3k MMR will have sentries mid for TA. Items help, sure, but that's later in the game, that doesn't work in the lane phase. And when you show up to every team fight and the response is you melding someone for 80 damage through Dazzle ult, then focusing that person down while losing refraction to DoTs, then that person simply getting a Wyvern heal, I don't see how you are going to make magic happen as TA. I think she's a great hero, and a very balanced mid pick, but she is made of paper and she doesn't actually do very much damage compared to a lot of heroes.




    And you've totally missed the point these last ten or whatever pages. 5ks are better than 4ks. I'm not arguing they aren't. I'm arguing the difference isn't huge. I could take most 4k players and make them 5k players in a day if they would actually listen the fuck up and stop being a disease upon humanity. Let's not forget that having 4k MMR puts you in the top 1% of players already. There probably aren't more than 1-2 5ks in the world. We like to think that the people we play with is "everybody" but it's actually "nobody." Same reason I get players I've already muted in my games daily.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-14 at 04:20 AM.

  2. #19882
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,762
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    i've got so much free mmr as dark seer, the hero is so good atm. you dont even need to be good with vacuum wall. just buy be an utility hero with mek pipe blink + solar/glimmer or both, the enemy carry will have a hard lane because the carry will miss lh under tower, u'll get free farm (lane + enemy jungle). just shield meele heroes + haste on demand to whoever is in danger. so ez
    And then there is a Rubik and he plays Seer better than you do kappa
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  3. #19883
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Anyway, I don't see how meld counters viper strike when any game over 3k MMR will have sentries mid for TA. Items help, sure, but that's later in the game, that doesn't work in the lane phase. And when you show up to every team fight and the response is you melding someone for 80 damage through Dazzle ult, then focusing that person down while losing refraction to DoTs, then that person simply getting a Wyvern heal, I don't see how you are going to make magic happen as TA. I think she's a great hero, and a very balanced mid pick, but she is made of paper and she doesn't actually do very much damage compared to a lot of heroes.

    And you've totally missed the point these last ten or whatever pages. 5ks are better than 4ks. I'm not arguing they aren't. I'm arguing the difference isn't huge. I could take most 4k players and make them 5k players in a day if they would actually listen the fuck up and stop being a disease upon humanity. Let's not forget that having 4k MMR puts you in the top 1% of players already. There probably aren't more than 1-2 5ks in the world. We like to think that the people we play with is "everybody" but it's actually "nobody." Same reason I get players I've already muted in my games daily.
    Viper doesn't have Viper Strike during laning so I don't know what he should have sentries for. At level 6 Viper should be very afraid of a TA. And who says TA can't have sentries? The reason Dazzle isn't a counter is that TA doesn't need to fight until she is very much stronger or she can just do skrimishes and avoid full blown out fights until she is 100% stronger.

    I'm sure those percentiles are so skewed. Anyone playing Dota 2 daily and actually try somehow to win should be over 3k to be considered average in my book. And 4k is still bad to me. 4k players are just bad and I can instantly tell the difference. The most telling thing as I've said earlier is that they just die for no reason. I mean, if you die in fights no matter how bad the fight was then that's fine but 4ks die just in the middle of the map for no reason. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1790841485. The Spectre was the lowest. It's painfully obvious. He got caught out all the time. You know, I've played ranked since its release and every time I got queued with 4k players I could almost always say "yeah, that guy is low". Same with 5k players. I could tell when they were low 5k players too. If you play ranked enough you should be able to see it.

    About the Naga ruining your game. Sure, it happens but not often for me. But maybe it's because I have such an impact that most of the times I don't make my teammates mad at me for being bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    then cant you just farm a bit more mmr and get into a good IHL?
    I hate CM. I actually hate it. Drafting stage makes me bored.

  4. #19884
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Viper doesn't have Viper Strike during laning so I don't know what he should have sentries for. At level 6 Viper should be very afraid of a TA. And who says TA can't have sentries? The reason Dazzle isn't a counter is that TA doesn't need to fight until she is very much stronger or she can just do skrimishes and avoid full blown out fights until she is 100% stronger.
    Ah, the classic "everybody brings sentries" argument. There's an 8 year old argument about whether TA beats QoP in mid or not that revolves around this very thing. I think the general consensus is going to be that it's a lot easier for a 500 range hero to deward than a 100 range hero, which means bringing counter wards as TA is generally not intelligent unless you think they won't keep buying more for some reason. Anyway, sentries remove meld from the game, allowing a hero like Viper to beat TA out of her refraction and kill. Assuming the Viper doesn't go afk and eat psi blades spill all the time, it should not be a very hard lane for him.


    As far as finding low mmr players goes, I think the effect you're seeing is that weak heroes do poorly in any game now, and lower rated players tend to care less what hero they pick (I'm a prime example of this). That's because picking broken heroes is the best way to gain MMR, so the people who aren't Leshrac in your game are bound to be lower MMR, as they aren't taking advantage of (see: abusing) the patch. Here's an example
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1792482333
    Guess who the worst player was? It wasn't ranked, actually, so no way to be sure, but I'm going to say 99% chance it was Sniper. Is it obvious because of the way he died to brood because he ran around in the jungle under webs with 200 health like an idiot, or is it obvious because he actually picked Sniper in a game like this? Or in any game? I know 4ks go and die a lot for no reason. 5ks do it, too. 6ks don't exist, as noted, there are 140 of them in the western world so probably not more than a couple dozen on at any time.

    You're also a mid player, which removes that entire lane from the equation when it comes to guessing who the awful is. I frequently have the lowest MMR on the team as my mid, and it's less obvious when he's still 10000 gold ahead of anybody else simply because he is mid and Leshrac.

    Playing mid is almost certainly the only way to reliably gain MMR in this community. Having a mid that does well goes a long way to preventing the rage throwing, I'm sure. I've really been trying to find a reason for it, because it happens to me constantly, and I would say is actually a majority of my losses, and yet it doesn't seem to happen to other people hardly at all. I don't see how going mid prevents your support from getting pissed off at your carry and going afk, but there must be some magic to it, as the people who don't complain about throwers tend to be mid players. I've accepted that winning solo ranked has nothing to do with skill, at this point, it's all about being able to stop your team from giving up 5 minutes in, that's how you win.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-14 at 12:42 PM.

  5. #19885
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Ah, the classic "everybody brings sentries" argument. There's an 8 year old argument about whether TA beats QoP in mid or not that revolves around this very thing. I think the general consensus is going to be that it's a lot easier for a 500 range hero to deward than a 100 range hero, which means bringing counter wards as TA is generally not intelligent unless you think they won't keep buying more for some reason. Anyway, sentries remove meld from the game, allowing a hero like Viper to beat TA out of her refraction and kill. Assuming the Viper doesn't go afk and eat psi blades spill all the time, it should not be a very hard lane for him.


    As far as finding low mmr players goes, I think the effect you're seeing is that weak heroes do poorly in any game now, and lower rated players tend to care less what hero they pick (I'm a prime example of this). That's because picking broken heroes is the best way to gain MMR, so the people who aren't Leshrac in your game are bound to be lower MMR, as they aren't taking advantage of (see: abusing) the patch. Here's an example
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1792482333
    Guess who the worst player was? It wasn't ranked, actually, so no way to be sure, but I'm going to say 99% chance it was Sniper. Is it obvious because of the way he died to brood because he ran around in the jungle under webs with 200 health like an idiot, or is it obvious because he actually picked Sniper in a game like this? Or in any game? I know 4ks go and die a lot for no reason. 5ks do it, too. 6ks don't exist, as noted, there are 140 of them in the western world so probably not more than a couple dozen on at any time.

    You're also a mid player, which removes that entire lane from the equation when it comes to guessing who the awful is. I frequently have the lowest MMR on the team as my mid, and it's less obvious when he's still 10000 gold ahead of anybody else simply because he is mid and Leshrac.

    Playing mid is almost certainly the only way to reliably gain MMR in this community. Having a mid that does well goes a long way to preventing the rage throwing, I'm sure. I've really been trying to find a reason for it, because it happens to me constantly, and I would say is actually a majority of my losses, and yet it doesn't seem to happen to other people hardly at all. I don't see how going mid prevents your support from getting pissed off at your carry and going afk, but there must be some magic to it, as the people who don't complain about throwers tend to be mid players. I've accepted that winning solo ranked has nothing to do with skill, at this point, it's all about being able to stop your team from giving up 5 minutes in, that's how you win.
    I'm quite sure they've changed so you can eat sentries with tangos, mate. You don't even take Meld as TA until level 7 usually so have fun with your early sentries. I'm sure they're helpful.

    No, it's not the effect of weak heroes. It's the effect of having no purpose when you play. I mean, the replay I just linked you showed the Spectre being the low guy while the LC was higher. It's telling because of their impact and how LC doesn't randomly die around the map. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1787761588. Here, another game. Gyro and Ember were low, BS and Riki were high. Tell me again how it is because they're on weak heroes.

    Nothing to do with skill you say. But at the end of the day, it's a skill to have impact in a game. If you don't have impact you are not good at ranked MM.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2015-09-14 at 12:56 PM.

  6. #19886
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I'm quite sure they've changed so you can eat sentries with tangos, mate. You don't even take Meld as TA until level 7 usually so have fun with your early sentries. I'm sure they're helpful.
    So he won't even need sentries to beat you out of the lane, nice. And, when you try to tango his sentries, he can tango yours as well, funny how that works.

    And are you implying gyro and riki are weak heroes? Not sure what I can say to that. Gyro and Ember are infinitely easier to kill than riki or BS. Given a team with no stuns or supports, looks like Gyro did pretty well to me. You keep seeing what you want to see, whether or not it reflects reality isn't important I guess. Whole conversation is pretty much meaningless as is, below the professional level dota is just a game of luck with who you get in matchmaking. Maybe after a few hundred games you can reduce the impact of matchmaking luck, but most of us don't play that much, and it won't make the losses any more bearable.

    Let's not forget that even within a small MMR range there is a huge skill difference in players. A 4k player who always randoms is better than a 5k player who only plays Storm TA QOP SF (see what I did there lmao). Lots and lots of people abused troll to go up in MMR so they could wave their 5k MMR dick around in the air while it lasted, most of them dropped back down to 4k and the cry posts on reddit when 6.84 came out about losing MMR were delicious.

    If you don't have impact you do not play mid
    ftfy m8
    Go make an alt account and play nothing but offlane and see if you can get half the MMR you have as mid, I'll be quite impressed. Hell, don't even make an alt, play your main and play nothing but offlane and see if you can even keep up the same MMR you currently have, I'll be quite impressed.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-14 at 02:48 PM.

  7. #19887
    unless you're 7k playing with 3k, getting mmr as offlane isn't that bad if u pick heroes as dark seer, tusk, es etc.

    also people do buy sentries if u ask for them, unless its 1 support and jungler. people always buy sentries for me when theres a bh, and I think ta does beat viper, just because you can out farm him easily.

    and ta is a hero with one of the highest burst in the game so even if there was a dazzle/ww (ww is more annoying but you can psi blades when he uses his e, but you wont be able todo it everytime) people barely prebuff it to have 40 armor at the second ta jumps also like u said couple page ago, "just wait 10 sec" (24 actually) and dazzle ult is gone
    I think ta is just legit because the way she get ahead of everyone, if that doesn't happen she isn't very good (aka block her ancients and ez game)

    - - - Updated - - -

    also is anyone else hyped to watch n0tail mid? tho I am a bit disappointed that miracle will play carry instead of his 8k mid.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  8. #19888
    Yeah TA is pretty good at farming, I agreed to that. She wins by being 10000 gold ahead of everybody else. Heroes that are on the same level as she is can usually deal with her pretty easily. Her meld/refraction burst is nice but it's not that spectacular on anybody with armor.

    I don't think dark seer can win pubs, I always lose with that hero. It's the same thing every time, you win your lane, abuse their carry, farm a lot of gold, but the enemy just abandons whatever lane you go to and stomps everybody else on your team. If you try to show up for team fights and vacwall they just ignore you while they stomp your team. There's nothing DS can do to ensure his teammates don't feed, surge is all he has to help people out and it won't work when people get one shotted by laguna blade. At best you can use your gold to buy support items for people. But then, why not play Enigma, he does the same thing and has two stuns.

  9. #19889
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    So he won't even need sentries to beat you out of the lane, nice. And, when you try to tango his sentries, he can tango yours as well, funny how that works.

    And are you implying gyro and riki are weak heroes? Not sure what I can say to that. Gyro and Ember are infinitely easier to kill than riki or BS. Given a team with no stuns or supports, looks like Gyro did pretty well to me. You keep seeing what you want to see, whether or not it reflects reality isn't important I guess. Whole conversation is pretty much meaningless as is, below the professional level dota is just a game of luck with who you get in matchmaking. Maybe after a few hundred games you can reduce the impact of matchmaking luck, but most of us don't play that much, and it won't make the losses any more bearable.

    Let's not forget that even within a small MMR range there is a huge skill difference in players. A 4k player who always randoms is better than a 5k player who only plays Storm TA QOP SF (see what I did there lmao). Lots and lots of people abused troll to go up in MMR so they could wave their 5k MMR dick around in the air while it lasted, most of them dropped back down to 4k and the cry posts on reddit when 6.84 came out about losing MMR were delicious.

    You clearly haven't played mid and it shows. You lack understanding of how it's played. He can eat my sentry, sure. But I will get his sentry 100% also. I don't need my sentry up, he does, and he will be the one that places it first.

    How the hell is Gyro easy to kill compared to BS? A BS just dies if he farms in a bad place with Q. It's one of his weakensses. I don't see what I want to see. I was in that game on the opposing team, mate. I felt the impact of the BS and Riki for the entire game. I didn't feel the impact from the rest of the team. I guessed their MMR before the game ended and then it was confirmed. How do I see what I want to see? I create a theory and it's confirmed at the end of the game. Not the opposite.


    ftfy m8
    Go make an alt account and play nothing but offlane and see if you can get half the MMR you have as mid, I'll be quite impressed. Hell, don't even make an alt, play your main and play nothing but offlane and see if you can even keep up the same MMR you currently have, I'll be quite impressed.
    To be honest, you sound like every other low MMR player who makes excuses for why they aren't higher. This comment has been seen hundered of times and it always come from the same people. "Play support and see if you can reach same MMR". You're asking a mid player to play offlane to see if he is as good on offlane as he is on mid. It's like asking Messi to play defender and see if he has same impact as he has as a forward. It's ridiculous. And even if I managed to do that you would still find some excuse for why it isn't valid. The same way I tried your little US East experiement and the players were equally bad and I still noticed the difference. You still won't admit you were wrong about that because that's you.

    You can blame it on luck all day when it comes to matchmaking but those who are high MMR don't think like that. They think about how they can win even with bad teammates. That's how they get better and that's the difference.

  10. #19890
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    You clearly haven't played mid and it shows.
    I played mid exclusively for 8 years, I just got bored of never losing my lane.
    How the hell is Gyro easy to kill compared to BS?
    BS has beyond-maximum movement speed, Gyro does not.



    To be honest, you sound like every other low MMR player who makes excuses for why they aren't higher.
    I am 5k, nice try though.

    You can blame it on luck all day when it comes to matchmaking but those who are high MMR don't think like that. They think about how they can win even with bad teammates. That's how they get better and that's the difference.
    Those who are "high mmr" are mid players, there's nothing more to this conversation than that. You see 10% of dota and think you know it all, but really you are just an average player who plays 3 heroes in one position and would drop 1500 MMR if and when bans are added to AP and you don't get to pick the broken shit anymore. We have played a lot of games together. You are not remarkable. Sorry. You're a solid player, but no more or less solid than any other 5k in the world. The reason you can't get to 6k as offlane isn't because you are a mid player, it's because getting 6k as an offlaner isn't really possible. It's just a fundamental setup of the game - those who have the most gold have the most impact, and those who play mid have the most gold. It's also why mid players are all arrogant twats, too. They get to beat up on heroes way weaker than them and it makes them think they're actually better players than those people, when it's really their massive advantage from having a safe solo lane that is carrying them. Let's go count how many top 200 players are not mid spammers, I would love to see the percentage of that. Even the pros that don't play mid for their teams usually play mid when they play pubs.

    I won't admit I'm wrong because you haven't really offered any proof. Playing 3 games on US east and then saying "I knew who the bad players were before the game ended" is a load of bullshit, anyone can do that, even if you were wrong you could say you were right and nobody has a way to prove otherwise.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-14 at 04:31 PM.

  11. #19891
    Is this the same Ariadne as before? With the WoW female undead avatar previously if I recall? I don't recall you two being at each others' throat like this before.

    I'm personally inclined to agree with Lysah on this one, in that overall I think Storm Spirit is stronger than TA is. That's coming from me, who generally still thinks the Storm Spirit hype/hate is often too hyperbolic to be very useful. The logic is that Storm Spirit may lose the midlane, but unless the TA is literally 14/0/5 or something by 20 minutes I don't think TA is going to be so out of crazy whack.

    On the other hand, Storm is pretty much always useful. Even if he's feeding, at least ball lightning into vortex is a fair chunk of damage and a stun, add in an item and he's pretty good to go, even if behind. Way I played around TA as Storm was being the counterinitiation when she went for ganks. Unless TA literally kills the gank target before I arrive I think you can be a fair bit useful in that.

  12. #19892
    Well we aren't really talking about storm anymore
    On that matchup I mostly agree with Manni, storm can't kill TA and TA can't kill storm, so they will both just avoid each other and feed off the other 8 heroes in the game. Though, the existence of storm is a much bigger hinderence to TA than the reverse, storm can easily gank near a tower and just zipzap away if TA shows up to help, the same cannot be said for TA's ganks.

    And we weren't at each other's throats before because he didn't used to think he was the best player in the world, he thought RTZ was. I guess after seeing RTZ get shitcanned several tournaments in a row and drop down to not even top 3 carry status in the world (despite what the fanboys think) he's decided he's better. Really, I'm going to take issue to anybody who argues with me with no substance to their argument. I stated an opinion (4ks and 5ks are basically the same) and he came in to try to "prove me wrong" with an argument that I can pretty much summarize as "I'm the best mid in the world and you are shit so I am right." It would be one thing if he really was the best mid in the world, but it's especially problematic since I've played plenty of games with him before and have seen first hand what his mid looks like. That just gives me much less patience for this attitude. Anyone who wants to jack off in this thread about how good they are is going to have a problem with me. None of us are very good at this game.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-14 at 04:51 PM.

  13. #19893
    Deleted
    Everyone always forgets the real power of a late game storm.

    You have to kill the fucker 3 times in a fight if you are on their side of the map.

  14. #19894
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    You have to kill the fucker 3 times in a fight if you are on their side of the map.
    When he has BoTs nowhere on the map is safe from buyback storm. Classic teleport to the creep wave mid and zipzap to the team fight bot in 2 seconds.

  15. #19895
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    When he has BoTs nowhere on the map is safe from buyback storm. Classic teleport to the creep wave mid and zipzap to the team fight bot in 2 seconds.
    And his 50 mana regen so it doesn't even matter if he uses all of it to get there.

    Fun hero to play against.

  16. #19896
    Deleted
    You judge my mid skills based on party AR unranked on US East with 200 ms? LOL. You think I took any of our games seriously or even played the way I normally play? What can you even see from my mid by watching me in party unranked with 200 ms? Do you see my mid mechanics? Nope. Do you see my farming patterns? Nope (I barely try to farm when playing unranked). Do you see me on my normal mid heores? Nope. It's like judging Arteezy's skills when he plays Pudge.

    You say I'd drop 1500 MMR if I didn't play OP heroes. I think what you mean is that I'd drop 1500 MMR if I didn't get to play any mid heroes. I don't even play the generally accepted broken heroes each patch and the heroes that people used to climb MMR. I play mid and if that somehow according to you makes me play OP heroes, sure. Tell me how I'm a FotM picker? Because I am the opposite of that.

    I still remember the days when you thought you were near top MMR and that was the reason for your long queue times before ranked was implemented. Unlike you, I don't make wild exaggerations and lie about games to prove my point. Whether or not you believe in that or not is another story. I say I shit on Storms (i.e I win 100% of my games against them). I link you proof. Done. You say Storms just go jungle and make miraculous comebacks in your games and don't link a single game where this happens.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm personally inclined to agree with Lysah on this one, in that overall I think Storm Spirit is stronger than TA is. That's coming from me, who generally still thinks the Storm Spirit hype/hate is often too hyperbolic to be very useful. The logic is that Storm Spirit may lose the midlane, but unless the TA is literally 14/0/5 or something by 20 minutes I don't think TA is going to be so out of crazy whack.

    On the other hand, Storm is pretty much always useful. Even if he's feeding, at least ball lightning into vortex is a fair chunk of damage and a stun, add in an item and he's pretty good to go, even if behind. Way I played around TA as Storm was being the counterinitiation when she went for ganks. Unless TA literally kills the gank target before I arrive I think you can be a fair bit useful in that.
    Agree with her all you want. But explain to me how I have a 100% win rate against Storm as TA the last 2 months or so. Luck as Lysah attribute it to?
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2015-09-14 at 05:19 PM.

  17. #19897
    I don't think it was ever about storms win rate but rather that hes guaranteed to have a ok game no matter how shit hes doing, like hes still going to be useful.

  18. #19898
    Deleted
    This whole discussion about Storm started because I linked a game where I said TA was a counter to Storm and that I said people don't know how to deal with Storm and that's why they lose to the hero.

  19. #19899
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    This whole discussion about Storm started because I linked a game where I said TA was a counter to Storm and that I said people don't know how to deal with Storm and that's why they lose to the hero.
    As a support how do you deal with storm is what i would ask.

    Okay you can beat him mid, how does a support who gets killed in 2 seconds stop him is the more important question.

  20. #19900
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    As a support how do you deal with storm is what i would ask.

    Okay you can beat him mid, how does a support who gets killed in 2 seconds stop him is the more important question.
    Alone? You can't. The same way you can't stop a TA as a support alone. You need a team. I don't play support either so I don't think I'm the right person to ask. But generally how good supports play against my Storm is: They are aware of the map and where I am. If I'm off the map they don't stand on a lane farming (like many 4k supports do) and die and then blame "lolz OP Storm solo kills me from full HP". They TP fast when I jump on their cores and counter gank me. They sit behind cores they think will be ganked. They throw an occasional gank before level 6. They play heroes with stuns. Storm tries to solo kill your mid? Be a Lion and come out of fog and hex him and counter kill him. Counter-killing is one of the most important concepts against Storm. Lysah will say Storms just jump out after they go for the kill but I, as a seasoned Storm player, will tell you that isn't realistic. Lysah will then say I'm just bad at Storm but somehow Storms at 4k MMR play better than me and do that stuff.

    Positioning is key against Storm. I've played Storm through all brackets and as you go up in MMR you notice that you find less and less free support kills and you get punished more often when you try to go for solo kills.

    Playing support is all about how well you enable your cores I think. But don't take my word for it.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2015-09-14 at 06:00 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •