1. #19921
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1794211297
    This is why TA is a shit hero. (I actually consider her somewhere between top and second tier simply because of how safe of a pick she is for mid, but Jesus Christ is she irrelevant if she is not grossly ahead of everyone else). Point being, if you went 30-0 against Storm, I won't say it's "luck" per se, but there are a lot of factors at play here. TA simply cannot win an even game against other carrys, which means you got ahead and snowballed hard and nobody on Storm's team in any game won his lane and kept up with you. I also think it would be great if I had allies that didn't lose their lanes every single game and feed, but alas, I'm not that lucky.
    .
    so you've a bh, and they've a silencer carry?
    you really would use this game as a "proof" ofc she can't carry the game herself like a spectre

    they've no lockdown for you apart from a bane that went aghs. they've no glimmer/solar crest
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2015-09-14 at 09:01 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  2. #19922
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    So you agree you play FotM heroes? Thank you.
    Do I play some FotM heroes? Yes, because I play most mid heroes. Am I a FotM picker? No. Which is what I asked. Thank you.

    4800, look it up, it's not possible to calibrate higher than 4800-4900 or so, try all you want. They put this cap in place to prevent account sellers or something.
    Lol. "Ok". When did you calibrate?

    Occam's Razor. Party matchmaking is more difficult than solo queue. To take this example to the extreme, you will not stomp games as TA if you were in a 5v5 setting, just like RTZ got eliminated from TI5 after two rounds. When the enemy team is organized and has a brain, it's not so easy to be a pubstar, is it? It's only natural that the skill level of pubstars goes way down as more and more players are added to the team and there are fewer and fewer idiots to feed off of.

    It's been said before and I'll say it again for you - MMR means nothing other than your ability to win games. It doesn't prove you're good at this game. The pros know this, and people know this all the way down to shitcan level. For you, that means picking some of the easiest mid laners in the game to guarantee you get your farm and then picking on the worst players in the game to snowball. I'm glad that works for you, any monkey can do that, though, it's not going to impress me.
    .
    Yes, that's why w33 plays SD mid in party ranked and doesn't in solo. That's why s4 goes for the most random shit in party MMR. That's why every pro says they don't try hard in party. That's why I random in party ranked and don't do it in solo.

    MMR means nothing yet every high MMR player got picked up by teams. "Pros know this". Many pros have also said if you're high MMR then you're good at the game, even though it might not translate to the competitive scene. As you say: "you see what you want to see". The same way you said Blitz wouldn't be higher than 4.5k if he didn't play Storm yet he randomed his way back up the ladder to prove his haters wrong.

  3. #19923
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    so you've a bh, and they've a silencer carry?
    you really would use this game as a "proof" ofc she can't carry the game herself like a spectre
    Did you take 3 seconds to actually look at my team's scores or the fact that the TA is 6 slotted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Do I play some FotM heroes? Yes, because I play most mid heroes. Am I a FotM picker? No. Which is what I asked. Thank you.
    Not sure how that's relevant. You play FotM heroes, that was all that was said, not sure why you're trying to argue with it while simultaneously agreeing with it.

    Lol. "Ok". When did you calibrate?
    What were you doing the night of March 13th? Fuck if I remember, it wasn't for some time after matchmaking came out, though, because I refused to play cancer AP or CM. As anyone who played wc3 dota might remember, AP has always been considered shitcan noob mode because gorillas can pick the same 3 heroes their entire life and you can't ban them out or do anythign about it, so you only only need to get good at 2% of the game to be a "good player."

    Yes, that's why w33 plays SD mid in party ranked and doesn't in solo. That's why s4 goes for the most random shit in party MMR. That's why every pro says they don't try hard in party. That's why I random in party ranked and don't do it in solo.

    MMR means nothing yet every high MMR player got picked up by teams. "Pros know this". Many pros have also said if you're high MMR then you're good at the game, even though it might not translate to the competitive scene. As you say: "you see what you want to see". The same way you said Blitz wouldn't be higher than 4.5k if he didn't play Storm yet he randomed his way back up the ladder to prove his haters wrong.
    People don't take party MMR seriously because the community has decided party MMR doesn't mean anything. This is probably an accurate assessment to make, as "party MMR" doesn't differentiate between 2 "stacks" and 5 man teams, and you even frequently get solo queuers on your team. None of this has anything to do with party matchmaking being harder than solo, both can be true at the same time. The fact that there's no way for party MMR to accurately portray someone's skill AND it's a harder environment to excel in as a solo player is just double the reason to not play seriously. Your argument really isn't relevant.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-14 at 09:03 PM.

  4. #19924
    Deleted
    Is the skill difference between 5k and 6k really that high or is it more game understanding ?

  5. #19925
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Also, I'll point out that I was 30-0 with Leoric for a while (all games) and enjoyed my spot at top 10 in the world on dotabuff for people who cared about that sort of thing.
    Another lie. http://www.dotabuff.com/players/9387...zone=Etc%2FUTC.

  6. #19926
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Did you take 3 seconds to actually look at my team's scores or the fact that the TA is 6 slotted
    i look that ur team feed and also ur bounty has good items, in the enemy team only ta has good items.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  7. #19927
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Not at all, games weren't counted the same back then. Though I have no way to prove it, I assure you my record was 28-0 at the highlight of my dotabuff ladder career.

    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    i look that ur team feed and also ur bounty has good items, in the enemy team only ta has good items.
    Bounty literally always has items unless his team has literally 0 kills. All I really wanted to point out is that a 6 slotted TA can't even touch a 6 slotted AM, and there are even better carrys for stomping her into the ground. She only wins by being massively ahead, if you even keep even with her she is a ghost. And she sure did farm my teammates while she was massively ahead of them until I decided it was time for the game to be over.

    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Is the skill difference between 5k and 6k really that high or is it more game understanding ?
    Considering there are only a couple hundred 6k players in the world, the skill difference between them and 5k is probably pretty big. It's an exponential graph, just like the 7ks are much better than the 6ks. But, as you go lower down the totem pole the difference becomes less profound.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-14 at 09:09 PM.

  8. #19928
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Oh, right. Where was your dotabuff of that 30-0 then? Far as I can tell from your dotabuff postings, this is you. And what I'm seeing is still a glaring disparity in W/L ratio on the hero, but...

  9. #19929
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Not at all, games weren't counted the same back then. Though I have no way to prove it, I assure you my record was 28-0 at the highlight of my dotabuff ladder career.
    What are you saying? Are those not all the games you have on WK? Did some wins count as losses?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Oh, right. Where was your dotabuff of that 30-0 then? Far as I can tell from your dotabuff postings, this is you. And what I'm seeing is still a glaring disparity in W/L ratio on the hero, but...
    Against Storm in the last 2 months. I didn't say I had 30-0. I asked do you attribute it to luck if a guy does have it?
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2015-09-14 at 09:11 PM.

  10. #19930
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    What are you saying? Are those not all the games you have on WK? Did some wins count as losses?
    Lots of people abandoned and DCed and games didn't count at all, but dotabuff doesn't reflect this because of the crossover that Valve made when changing matches from being automatically grabbed to you having to make your results public. The data on very very old matches is not very good.

    I'd check in the dota2 client but it's not functional even though it was in source 1 well played Valve.

    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    they've no lockdown for you apart from a bane that went aghs. they've no glimmer/solar crest
    We had gem most of the game, lockdown doesn't help a lot against Manta. Solar Crest might have helped, but it isn't a magic cure to auto attackers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Ok, if you had 28-0 as you say then I still wouldn't attribute it to luck. But that is just me.
    I would, and it's my own record I'm talking about. After all, the fact that I lost a ton of games since then is proof that I am not some sort of godly Wraith King player that can win any matchup any game. Sometimes you just lose, despite being the best player in the game. I would say I picked into a bad lineup a few times, but I don't remember very many games that were lost from the start when I was WK, most games it was just the inability to save team, which is how most losses go in general. As it is a team game, it usually takes more than one person to lose just like it takes more than one person to win.

    Essentially, if you can go 30-0 because of pure skill and not luck at all, you can keep going 30-0, you can go 200-0, you can go 8000-0. If you admit that, once in a while, you're just gonna fuckin' lose one or two, then you also admit that there is some degree of luck involved. Obviously, if you are a good player, you should win more than you lose, and that much is true of everyone who climbs the ladder. Climbing the ladder was never about being some god at dota, it's about having 50.01% winrate and playing a lot of games so that those .01% wins add up to gains.


    Oh, and isn't your hero Blitz down to like 6300 MMR? Wasn't he 7k at one point?
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-14 at 09:20 PM.

  11. #19931
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Lots of people abandoned and DCed and games didn't count at all, but dotabuff doesn't reflect this because of the crossover that Valve made when changing matches from being automatically grabbed to you having to make your results public. The data on very very old matches is not very good.
    Ok, if you had 28-0 as you say then I still wouldn't attribute it to luck. But that is just me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Oh, and isn't your hero Blitz down to like 6300 MMR? Wasn't he 7k at one point?
    I don't know, I don't follow Blitz. But he isn't 4500 MMR, that's for sure and he still went down and climbed his way back up randoming. So you were still wrong about that. The same way you are wrong about your MMR calibration but you won't admit that because you ignored my question. LIke you always do.

  12. #19932
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    We had gem most of the game, lockdown doesn't help a lot against Manta. Solar Crest might have helped, but it isn't a magic cure to auto attackers.
    how lockdown doesn't help? only silences since u can remove them but cmon. if they a sheep or someshit

    also solar crest kinda is the magic cure for it, and you add a butterfly on top of it.

    that game doesn't prove shit, only ta was the only real carry there. silencer is okay but not with those items

    also even blitz the storm spammer get rekt, he even said he was doing bad with it.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  13. #19933
    My goal is to have the versatility graph maxed out while having a positive winrate, screw mmr griding ranked is aids anyway.

  14. #19934
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,762
    I remember Warlock getting aghs+refresher instead of BKB/manta when enemy had an BH with Orchid. Sadface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  15. #19935
    just won a game with an ancient necro, he actually had to go jungle cuz his ancient were blocked he tried to deward which he did but he was so dumb that he ended up blocking it himself LMAO.

    I just insta picked lesh when I saw he typed "ancients" and picked necro. I dont even feel bad.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  16. #19936
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,762
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    just won a game with an ancient necro, he actually had to go jungle cuz his ancient were blocked he tried to deward which he did but he was so dumb that he ended up blocking it himself LMAO.
    That's what i usually do. #supportthings. Oh, the time when i wanted to deward our woods and accidentally put a sentry on a magic bush. Fuck me.

    I mean, in dota 2 hey definitely fucked up all neutral spawn zones now they make 0 sense i still can't adjust to it even after spamming custom games and rampantly placing wards around camps and spawning neutrals
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-09-15 at 08:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  17. #19937
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I don't know, I don't follow Blitz. But he isn't 4500 MMR, that's for sure and he still went down and climbed his way back up randoming. So you were still wrong about that. The same way you are wrong about your MMR calibration but you won't admit that because you ignored my question. LIke you always do.
    Not sure what you're talking about anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    how lockdown doesn't help? only silences since u can remove them but cmon. if they a sheep or someshit

    also solar crest kinda is the magic cure for it, and you add a butterfly on top of it.

    that game doesn't prove shit, only ta was the only real carry there. silencer is okay but not with those items

    also even blitz the storm spammer get rekt, he even said he was doing bad with it.
    Replace rapier with MKB, game is just as easy. TA doesn't have room for bfly in her kit, and if she bought it she would just be even weaker than she already was. Sheeps might help, but you have to click the right AM, and abyssal is still at least one guaranteed kill before they can fight back. Maybe if they had 4 sheep sticks, but who has the gold for that.

    AM isn't even a top carry, that's the worst part. TA is literally at the bottom of the carry totem pole when it comes to have equal amounts of gold. It's where the "balance" comes in for heroes that rely on blink dagger - they have one less item to work with and that means a lot. It's also why blink SF is a terrible build and people should be ashamed of themselves. Anyway, I don't even remember why I was talking about this...I think my point was that winning as TA merely involves being way ahead of your enemies in net worth and this game was an example of how bad she is when she is not ahead.

    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    My goal is to have the versatility graph maxed out while having a positive winrate, screw mmr griding ranked is aids anyway.
    http://i.imgur.com/yfRK9Vk.png?1
    ayy lmao
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-15 at 01:45 PM.

  18. #19938
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about anymore.
    You said Blitz wouldn't be higher than 4.5k if he didn't get to play Storm. I asked you when you calibrated and you ignored the question. But I guess some people have difficulties remembering things.

  19. #19939
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    You said Blitz wouldn't be higher than 4.5k if he didn't get to play Storm. I asked you when you calibrated and you ignored the question. But I guess some people have difficulties remembering things.
    I told you I have no idea when I calibrated, I'm not sure how I could know, I didn't write the date down. Not sure how that's related to Blitz at all.

  20. #19940
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I told you I have no idea when I calibrated, I'm not sure how I could know, I didn't write the date down. Not sure how that's related to Blitz at all.
    You did? I don't recall seeing it. My point being how do you know you calibrated at the maximum when you don't know when you calibrated?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •