Beats me, I certainly haven't played with every last one of the millions of people who play these games. Trying to explain what color is to a bunch of blind folk is getting rather repetitive and stale, though. This particular brand of circular logic could make for an interesting thread some day, but I sincerely doubt this community is capable.

Your arrogant attitude and incorrect views wont be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    The people who win tourneys are not even the best players, because the best players don't go to tourneys.
    classic.

On an on topic note: What happened to good ol'fashioned -Rd mode
    Last edited by Freezymcgee; 2012-03-22 at 01:11 AM.

tell where i can find best player please

Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    On an on topic note: What happened to good ol'fashioned -Rd mode
    It's probably going to be added at some point into matchmaking, but they're slow about adding game modes in closed beta to keep the queue times short enough.

On a related note, they did add All Random for private games in today's update on the test client as well as adding Lycanthrope who should be playable on the main client tomorrow. http://store.steampowered.com/news/7587/

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so glad Prophet is back. I hate the community so far but getting to stomp around as Prophet makes it worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lycan....

that is like super unappealing. -__-

prepare for game changing hero !

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    [B]Lycan....]
    I can remember all the nightmares...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    that is like super unappealing. -__-
    That's quite an understatement.

The people who win tourneys are not even the best players, because the best players don't go to tourneys.
    Where do they go then?
    but it's possible to be both good and casual.
    No. Stop looking at dota where the winning team is determined by the team where the sum of individual skill is higher. Sure, one can be casual and extremly talented at controling his hero. However, teamplay, coordination, and synergy between players(not their picks) is often what determines the outcome of the game, as well as the strategies and tactics(and only here does individual skill as you view it comes in). So, no, 5 of those casual superstars(Some undoubtedly exist) would get stomped with medicore dedicated team probably.
    I play with people regularly who would force several top tourney picks to feed.
    Would love to play versus you and those people. Me and my friends are no way top picks, so it should be walkover.
    and the support for esports is practically nonexistant.
    Wrong, and wrong. Organising a tournament with all expenses paid trip for teams from al around the globe, with 1.6m prize pool is barely 'no support'. Even the player run tournaments recieve Valve support( Look up the Defense finals incident).
    I don't really have anything to prove, I really could not care less what you think of my skill or knowledge. But please don't mislead a new player into trying out a very niche hero like Windrunner because "she's so OP." If you don't land a shackleshot, you've just lost 90% of your hero and you're barely worth the two spells it will take to kill you. How about we lead newer players to trying out heroes who aren't so dependent on a single skill shot so that they can try to learn the game before they feed hardcore.
    Neither WR nor PotM is 1 skillshot heroes. PotM even less so. WR shackle isn't even that hard to hit, altough it's undoubtedly important to hit it.

Lysah has from day 1 been pulling words out of his/her ass, absolutely garbage talking and misleading new players, so many false statements, Lysah is nothing more than a typical low skilled pub player, with some wierd kind of opinions and statements.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't necessarily agree with what Lysah has to say, I still don't think that's a reason to attack them. Even if I know bugger all about DotA2, so I can't say who's right, I do know that I do not appreciate personal attacks that may lead to this thread being closed.

If you disagree with someone, tell them so in a reasonable way or - which seems more prudent in this particular case, knowing the way in which Lysah posts - just ignore what they're saying altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    While I don't necessarily agree with what Lysah has to say, I still don't think that's a reason to attack them. Even if I know bugger all about DotA2, so I can't say who's right, I do know that I do not appreciate personal attacks that may lead to this thread being closed.

If you disagree with someone, tell them so in a reasonable way or - which seems more prudent in this particular case, knowing the way in which Lysah posts - just ignore what they're saying altogether.
    This is the internet, ad hominem is the only way people know to make their point. More to the point, this is the DotA2 community, which is probably the worst about it. "I don't agree with what you're saying so NOOB ASS LOLOLOLOL" Of course, it's the people who feel they have something to prove who scream the loudest.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fine. They can do so elsewhere. I just don't want this thread closed because people feel the need to compare E-Peen.

There was a very interesting discussion about DotA2 and even if people disagreed about how viable/good-for-newbies WR is, it's still good to hear about their skill set and match ups. Both sides arguing a point leads to a better view and understanding of the game.

Let me get this straight:

Tiny really is OP, you don't really stop him at any point of the game. Tiny can 1v2 two ranged heroes, still pick up kills if anyone runs into him alone, still push ranged and support heroes of out lanes, and also become one of the most terrifying carries late game. Tiny is probably the toughest carry in the game right now, in my opinion.

Calling both Potm and WR weak.

The people who win tourneys are not even the best players, because the best players don't go to tourneys. I know this is an assumption we all love to make, but it's possible to be both good and casual. I play with people regularly who would force several top tourney picks to feed.

This is his statements, might be his opinions, but for new players this is just too damn stupid to read, Tiny is nowhere being close to be op, should not be called a carry, WR and Potm are really strong heroes whatever people says, WR top picked in comp matches, Potm a great pubstomping hero aswell. The last statement, is just so wrong, can't even describe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the internet, ad hominem is the only way people know to make their point. More to the point, this is the DotA2 community, which is probably the worst about it. "I don't agree with what you're saying so NOOB ASS LOLOLOLOL" Of course, it's the people who feel they have something to prove who scream the loudest.
    To be fair, the esports part of Dota 2 (even though the game is still in development) is thriving. Hell, Na'Vi won one million dollars for placing first in the Dota 2 international tournament last year, and the runner up won 250,000 dollars. I remember watching one of Na'vi's matches with Purge commentating, man those are some good players. That all said, you are right about Windrunner taking a bit more experience in order to properly shackle players, especially if that player is practiced in avoiding it. Personally I think a character like Dragon Knight is easier to start off as.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servion View Post
    Calling both Potm and WR weak.
    For completely new players. She's not talking about tournament play.

10+ Year Old Account
    For completely new players. She's not talking about tournament play.
    To be honest most Heroes will be weak in the hands of an inexperienced player. PotM is pretty simple, Arrow being the only difficult spell. It's usually used as a follow up stun anyway. WR Shackle is more difficult, but not impossible and learning how to use that first will simplify a vast majority of other abilities in the game comparatively. She pretty much my first real hero and it only took a few games at most.

Also I just finally realized your avatar is a wolf.

More like "I watched your replays and you are nowhere as good as you think you are".