Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    less Riki debate and more performance tab screenshots lets go people
    Still not convinced that means anything. Compares to "other players of similar skill" whatever the hell that means, furthermore, can just queue with a new player go 20-0 and tab gets maxed instantly.

Withholding my judgement on this "performance" garbage until further review.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it me, or does it seem like DotA2's heroes aren't as asthetically pleasing as say, LoL's champions? Have they or they not gone overboard with breast sizes on the female heroes as how it is in LoL as well?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Is it me, or does it seem like DotA2's heroes aren't as asthetically pleasing as say, LoL's champions? Have they or they not gone overboard with breast sizes on the female heroes as how it is in LoL as well?
    It's just you.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...28-d4j2an5.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as least they haven't resorted to the skimpy outfits some female LoL Champs have, yet.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Sona's Sexy And You Know It.

Well as least they haven't resorted to the skimpy outfits some female LoL Champs have, yet.
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ka-d4mib8a.jpg :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, I had some odd feeling they would do that.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Oh well, I had some odd feeling they would do that.
    Well, Queen of Pain is a succubus after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is all fanart after all also. In terms of official artwork, Valve is keeping it much more diverse and less sexualized than LoL.

the problems with LOL is the someone dc's start of game Which is MUCH MORE common (id say 5x more common) in league cause picks are not done on game server. 15 min wait to concede. Dota someone dc's 5 min you can leave and Dc's at start of game before selection causes game to auto end. League someone gets to 2-0 5 min into the game they are unkillable if not stupid and can snowball a win easy. Dota not so much outside maybe 1-2 heroes that are build to snowball. I played league over 500 games, since going to dota I havnt logged onto league once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    LoL has more variety in champions. Not necessarily because it has more champs, but more because not every LoL champ has some kind of stun. LoL also has a bigger fanbase, bigger esports scene, the updates are consistent and perpetual, bug fixes happen quickly (most of the time), Riot actually converses a lot with their players and takes their players wants into consideration. LoL has a lower learning curve with a bigger skill curve. Oh, and, IMO, LoL looks 1000000000 times better graphically.
    I kind of disagree to some extent on the variety part. It seems as if most of LoL's champions have some sort of AoE attack.

I do agree on the variety part that some LoL champions use a non-mana resource.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people really come into this thread with no actual information about DotA2 and spew obviously biased bullshit for any particular reason? Or do they think that they are being witty and funny by "trolling?"

People sometimes. Like always everyone, ignore the idiot.

^Dont feed the trolls.

Dota had an e-sports scene that rivaled SC in its height, half the the LoL heroes are gap-closer, aoe, ult, Icefrog is known for providing top-notch updates and being intimately in tune with both the casual and competitive player base, Dota2 has far superior graphics to the low resolution cartoon that is LoL and has a greater skill gap

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Do people really come into this thread with no actual information about DotA2 and spew obviously biased bullshit for any particular reason? Or do they think that they are being witty and funny by "trolling?"

People sometimes. Like always everyone, ignore the idiot.
    Unfortunately this is the reality of not having a Dota2 subforum. Its like having a BF3 thread in a Call of Duty forum.
    Last edited by Freezymcgee; 2012-04-15 at 04:29 AM.

I kind of disagree to some extent on the variety part. It seems as if most of LoL's champions have some sort of AoE attack.

I do agree on the variety part that some LoL champions use a non-mana resource.
    I doubt they could make a hero in DotA that would be remotely balanced if it used a non-mana resource. Part of DotA is mana burn, therefore all heroes must use mana.

Huskar uses HP for 2 of his 3 spells

Since I am the one who mentioned Mana bar (pages ago), just to explain. Its not necessary to remove the bar, for example, in Champions: Return to Arms. The Barbarian uses mana bar that doesnt regenerate by normal means. Two ways you were able to get mana. By using "Mana potions" or by killing (each time you kill something you get some mana). Usually in games where everyone use mana, melee gets to preserve their mana more efficiency as they tend to be in heat of battle (harder to run and so).

While I understand that its part of DotA "the mana burn", it is possible to create balanced heroes that doesnt use mana. Using HP is another way to keep using both. Another would be giving some heroes the ability to get some mana back from their abilities when they hit or so. Nevertheless, it takes time to balance those heroes. There is many things that can be done to make it happen.

Edit: Adding that it can goes both way with Mana burn thing, A game where everyone got different abilities and everyone can be starved for mana, it might create an imbalance among heroes as you cant balance their abilities accordingly (Not saying thats what is happenin here just stating that it is possible).

(Sorry for the long post.)
    Last edited by VXFadhel; 2012-04-15 at 07:23 AM.

I got DotA 2 keys which I'll trade for CS:GO keys. PM me here if you want to trade on Steam.

When I say mana burn, I mean moreso in reference to any hero being useless when out of mana, by design. Even carries, take away their mana and their spells and you take away their strength. Huskar might only have one mana ability, but if he can't use it he's going to drop fast in a fight.

Now, it's the concept that is important. By design, heroes aren't going to use new resources because it would royally screw with the meta game. The game is not designed around ability spam at any point in the game. Imagine if bounty hunter was energy based like kennen - he can just sit in stealth all day and break jinada on someone/throw shuriken and go back into stealth until he has the energy to do it again. He would force ANY opponent out of his lane in a matter of seconds. The same logic would apply to pretty much any hero; the alternative to mana is to give a hero a resource that is virtually infinite by comparison.

A "rage" mechanic is probably the best bet to a new resource but it's not really in the spirit of the game and will likely never happen. LoL is based around more ability spam, even the mana based champs can trade pokes with the champs who don't use mana. That's why it works in LoL, and that's good for LoL, but DotA just isn't built that way.

As an aside, there are heroes who have mana returns...OD, necro, ezalor off the top of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure Dota2 is going to be Pay to Play. Much like Heroes of Newerth was at the beginning.

WHICH I'M SO HAPPY ABOUT! OMGEH!
    I don't want Dota2 turning into LoL2.0.
    I liked LoL in the first year, but then all the 12 year olds starting playing it, and it's turned into the worst playerbase in existence of gaming, and I don't want that to happen to dota!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?