10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I dont understand the matchmaking sometimes. I just lost a game where it was so clear that the other team was much much better than ours.
    It seems flawed atm as far as I can tell. I get very yo-yo results because of it

Game just patched. Disruptor and Undying are in = Woop!
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-07-06 at 12:24 AM.

Time to hard counter every morph picker...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Time to hard counter every morph picker...
    Well I just had somebody telling me Sniper wasn't a carry. That was odd, oh and as usual everybody and their mum just bends over and let's Ursa rape them.

Apparantly it was my fault with my 5/1 score /sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Enigma is 'gonna have a bad time with VS in the game anyway. Even if you get BKB swap breaks your ult, game over.

Besides, last I checked a rage quit didn't give you a debuff anymore.
    Yeah, I know. That's why I don't get why that fucking douchebag was riding my balls about not getting a money BH off on them - if I don't catch Slardar, WR, and VS in it, it's going to get stopped in half a second even if I do have blink and BKB. And once WR gets lvl 4 Powershot, I can't really push lanes with conversions, either, since lvl 4 Powershot one-shots them and they aren't fast enough to clear out of the way.

I honestly think we would've been fine if we could've relied on our Naix, but our Naix was Russian and awful at the game (their VS was Russian but wasn't awful at the game) and didn't speak any English, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna stick around in a game where some fucking twat's raging at me for not playing Enigma perfectly when I asked him if he wanted Enigma in the first place. No, you don't fucking get to whine if you were given the option of taking him and you chose a different hero.

And if you're going to be this much of a douche to your teammates who are complete strangers, how much of a twat are you to people you know? And if you aren't being a fucking twat to people you know, why are you being a douche to strangers? Judge a person by how they treat the waiter, not their friends, right?

Who's gonna hardcounter Morphling? Disruptor? Can Morphling not waveform through the circle thing?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Who's gonna hardcounter Morphling? Disruptor? Can Morphling not waveform through the circle thing?
    His ult silences which should also stop morph strength. Several seconds of solid silence/entrapment combined with pretty decent spell damage, easy kills. Can also glimpse his ass right back when he tries to wave form away.

10+ Year Old Account
    His ult silences which should also stop morph strength. Several seconds of solid silence/entrapment combined with pretty decent spell damage, easy kills. Can also glimpse his ass right back when he tries to wave form away.
    Can't morph continue as long as it was started before the CC hit? I know he can continue morphing while stunned.

Heh. Kunkka and Disruptor would probably be amusing together, completely and totally hard-counter blink heroes.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Silence should stop it, last I checked.

Silence should stop it, last I checked.
    It's a toggle, once it's on it won't go off until non-silenced Morphling toggles it off or runs out of mana.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nerubian Assassin is next hero to be added next week. How do I know? On the DotA 2 Blog, click the image of Disruptor to be a large image, in the top middlish-right, in the shadows...
    You'll shit bricks.

http://media.steampowered.com/apps/d..._disruptor.jpg
    Last edited by Valedus; 2012-07-06 at 08:06 AM.

Ah Disruptor...

Remember to take at least one level glimpse early on, just to annoy everyone who uses TP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Nerubian Assassin is next hero to be added next week. How do I know? On the DotA 2 Blog, click the image of Disruptor to be a large image, in the top middlish-right, in the shadows...
    You'll shit bricks.

http://media.steampowered.com/apps/d..._disruptor.jpg
    Nice spot!

That's definatly NA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Nice spot!

That's definatly NA
    Definitely looking forward to NA's return. Think we'll see more teams playing ganking-heavy styles instead of push-heavy styles once he pops up? Please god let me see a Furion-Pudge-NA team...

Shit, let's add Naix and Riki into that. Because nothing says loving like an invisible Riki carrying Naix around. SURPRISE 2v1!

Link to relevant comic (huge): http://i.imgur.com/RcqpO.png
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-07-06 at 11:51 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Definitely looking forward to NA's return. Think we'll see more teams playing ganking-heavy styles instead of push-heavy styles once he pops up? Please god let me see a Furion-Pudge-NA team...

Shit, let's add Naix and Riki into that. Because nothing says loving like an invisible Riki carrying Naix around. SURPRISE 2v1!

Link to relevant comic (huge): http://i.imgur.com/RcqpO.png
    Spiritbreaker is just as bad as Riki is with naix in him. Comes flying on the screen at 650 move speed, stuns you, and you just get bashed into oblivion. It's so fun to do in pub games if its with a friend.

And NA is probably in my top 5 favorite heroes of all time. His ganking power is just so huge, especially after 6. He can seriously deny carries of farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...11681CB4580BA/

So Wisp is some kind of fun guy, hey? Worth noting that our CK was playing his 4th game EVER, and had never played a MOBA or RTS before (except War2 way back when.)

I wasn't really sure how to build my items. I was chicken, so I left base with gauntlets, I think a couple of sticks, and a salve. Laned with our CK against Weaver and Sven.

Wisp is kinda worthless early on, I think. Went Tether first, then took Overcharge and alternated, getting ulti at 6. My mic doesn't transmit for some reason (need to find time to figure out why) so my ulti was useless for most of the game - if I took time to type, the tether broke.

I never got my W until pretty late, it just seemed like I was better off spending mana on Overcharge and then using a salve or clarity to top myself and my partner off.

Focused on getting boots first so I could keep up, then my wand (wand is really damn good on wisp apparently), then I got Headdress to get started on my Mek. Ended up vendoring the gauntlets much later - by time I had enough income to really be able to afford bracers, they were kind of pointless. I never went for urn because we weren't really scoring a lot of kills in the early and mid game. Most teamfights went poorly for us because Sven+Weaver did a pretty good job of making us hump our tower, really crimping CK's farm and Mirana didn't have enough items to really stand up to anyone.

We had a lot more success when I finished my Mek. Tree already had arcane boots, and I wasn't having any mana issues since I didn't take my W, so I went Tranquil Boots instead. I had a mask sitting in my inventory (I was planning on urn but by time I could afford to finish it I felt it was too late in the game to make it really worth it) and when I bought a ring of protection it made it into a RoB. CK, Dirge, and Tree could benefit from lifesteal so I just finished it into Vlad's after I made my boots.

I was initially gonna followup with necrobook, but by the time I had the cash, I was often low on mana from keeping my E running (my regen kept up decently but my mana regen wasn't high enough), so I was going for Eul's instead. The movespeed would make it easier for me to catch up to people, the cyclone would help us counter Sven or WD ulti, and the INT and regen would help keep my mana high.

One thing I noticed about his W is that the spirits provide vision - if you expand them to max distance, they provide a pretty wide, constant ring of vision around Io. Seems really damn useful. Io will also effectively teleport to someone you cast tether on that's outside the max tether range. Since tether's cast range is like 2-3 screens, you can essentially use it to escape bad situations.

It's plain there's a ridiculous number of possibilities for his ulti. Since we weren't coordinated, I was largely limited to using it to basically teleport someone somewhere - either I'd teleport them into an empty lane for a split push (did this with Dirge a lot) and break the tether so only I'd teleport back, or I could teleport someone to safety, usually at the cost of myself (did this with CK and Mirana a couple times.) Teleport to fountain, break tether, play violin. Wiki says it doesn't break channels so that brings all kinds of nastiness to mind - I wonder if Enigma or CM could ulti an area and then I could teleport them away? Would the ulti continue on in that area, despite them being WAY out of cast range for it? Sounds fucking hilarious - just TRY and stop that CM ulti when she's chilling at the fountain.

I think next time I play him I'm going to take my W earlier and put my E off until later, or maybe just a token point so I can always rely on it to drop my HP so I can heal people with salves in the early game without risking a death (charging the creep line to take some damage would just result in a stormbolt to the face and first blood for Sven.)

Honestly, seems like nice build might be like:

1 - Tether (20% move speed for free)
    2 - Spirits
    3 - Spirits
    4 - Stats
    5 - Stats/Overcharge
    6 - Ulti
    7 - Spirits
    8 - Spirits
    9 - Tether
    10 - Tether
    11 - Ulti
    12 - Overcharge
    13 - Overcharge
    14 - Overcharge
    15 - Overcharge/Tether
    16 - Ulti
    17 - Tether

I think spirits will be an amazing harassment tool once I get the use of it right - the damage isn't amazing, but when they hit a hero they explode in a pretty decent size radius, and while an individual spirit isn't a lot (100 at lvl 4), you get 5 spirits, for 500 total damage. Combined with the free vision and the fact that they can keep hitting creeps as many times as they want, it seems like it'll be a powerful tool early on. One level in Tether allows me to share healing and regen with my partner and to make use of my ulti.

By level 12 any carry should have enough farm that Overcharge makes a lot of sense, or I could take it at 7+8 if the laning phase has ended.

I found that using Tether for its stun was very difficult unless my partner was the one doing the moving, especially since I was usually in the back instead of in the front.

tl;dr: Wisp is my new favorite hero. He's awesome.

Wisp isn't much of a pub hero. I have one major friend I've played dota with for what...10 years? We understand each other to the point where he can tell by my movements if I want to commit or not. At the same time, all it takes is a ping on the map to say "you're getting teleported LOL." Or, teleport me bi...uh, yeah. In my experience, it's just too hard to support public players. At least the other supports have real direct help, from heals to immunities to lane control to auras and CCs. Wisp has speed, regen, more speed, and a teleport. Not really the same kind of support, it's support that takes real cooperation.

As a side note, wisp/furion is really stupid. Roaming through the woods with your mid to try to gank their jungle wolf? Suddenly wisp and his lane partner and furion are all on top of you, turning a 2v1 into a 2v4. Trololololetc.

Also, enigma should work, you can force staff him and the black hole remains. I guess theoretically wisp teleport doesn't stun so it might...doubt you'd ever need to do that though.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-07-06 at 09:26 PM.

PizzaSHARK I admire you...I wouldn't be arsed to write such wall of texts but please don't forgot to add tl:dr at the end all the time :>(kidding I do read them)

dat Treant btw...Casual relic + reaver????
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-06 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just getting depressed now. Lost like 8 games in a row, just doesn't seem to matter how good I play we still seem to lose in the end.

Feels like it's purposely stacking the teams against me
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-07-07 at 01:00 AM.

Deleted
    Finally Russians got their own server!

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Just getting depressed now. Lost like 8 games in a row, just doesn't seem to matter how good I play we still seem to lose in the end.

Feels like it's purposely stacking the teams against me
    I get games like this all the time.

I have literally hundreds of examples of this, go through my history and look at virtually any of my losses, I'll have 2/3 teammates who average somewhere around 2-10. I guess it must be me, though.

But yeah, matchmaking is really, really bad in DotA2, in my opinion. That's why I stopped caring and started doing things like jungle omni purification/stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get games like this all the time.

I have literally hundreds of examples of this, go through my history and look at virtually any of my losses, I'll have 2/3 teammates who average somewhere around 2-10. I guess it must be me, though.

But yeah, matchmaking is really, really bad in DotA2, in my opinion. That's why I stopped caring and started doing things like jungle omni purification/stats.
    Errr, who are you there lol?

You're not one of those people that use japanese characters in their name are you =)

It's making me feel like going back to SC2 1v1 and trying to get into masters league