Deleted
    Even if u steal his agi/str morph just remember if u morph all your agi to str u have 0 armor and takes alot of dmg from physical dmg :>

It's a lot more cost efficient to buy a plate mail to make up the armor than to buy 1000 health worth of items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    They really need to add the mentor system or unranked matches for this =/

I'd be happy to play with newer players and help teach them stuff but queueing with me is going to put you against people who have been playing for 5+ years and you won't have a good time. I always want to jump in when people are looking for others to play with and say "I'll play with you!" but then I remember it wouldn't be any fun.
    Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't mind personally. That's how I learned LoL too. Was playing with lvl 30's when I was lvl 5. Sure took a beating, but I guess that's a good way of learning (:

Added you Kuntantee, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a lot more cost efficient to buy a plate mail to make up the armor than to buy 1000 health worth of items.
    Yeah, I gained almost 300 HP or so by morphing my AGI to STR at like lvl 7. Most of the damage I was taking was in the form of magic (it's why I picked Rubick in the first place, to counter Batrider+Lina), and like Lysah said, it's easy to pick up a couple of Chainmails or a Platemail if I need armor.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    I dont know if they have made any changes in the matchmaking system in the last few patches ( like 2-3 weeks ago) i played with a friend who just got a key and he invited me and he did set us in que, for some reason all the games i got in i could easily stomp the enemy while trying to learn him the game.

yeah Rubick is an amazing hero :>

10+ Year Old Account
    They really need to add the mentor system or unranked matches for this =/

I'd be happy to play with newer players and help teach them stuff but queueing with me is going to put you against people who have been playing for 5+ years and you won't have a good time. I always want to jump in when people are looking for others to play with and say "I'll play with you!" but then I remember it wouldn't be any fun.
    Give it time. That's all I can say.

I'd seriously enjoy mentoring someone, even with me being pretty ridiculously bad at the moment (despite my previous HoN experience).
    Last edited by Coffer; 2012-07-21 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Veno is the only hero who can run into the enemy team and suicide and still be considered to be doing a good job. Pretty funny to Force Staff in, ulti and gale while they're busy hitting someone else, die horribly, and then watch their entire team wipe over the next 10 seconds.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I think Veno is the only hero who can run into the enemy team and suicide and still be considered to be doing a good job. Pretty funny to Force Staff in, ulti and gale while they're busy hitting someone else, die horribly, and then watch their entire team wipe over the next 10 seconds.
    Yeah, I had a game as him where Omni told me he was gonna build support items like Urn and mek, so I should just go for wards. I ended up getting a couple of the kills, and so after my force staff I got Veil of Discord (we had leshrac on our team too, so it was adding a lot of damage) and Aghanim's. Obviously we were already crushing them, but Veno's ult does ridiculous damage with Aghanim's, and with Veil, it was monstrous.

Edit: Also, if anyone plays on U.S. servers, I'd be down to queue with ya. I usually play with 1-2 rl buddies/brothers, so I usually have a pretty decent queueing group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yeah, I had a game as him where Omni told me he was gonna build support items like Urn and mek, so I should just go for wards. I ended up getting a couple of the kills, and so after my force staff I got Veil of Discord (we had leshrac on our team too, so it was adding a lot of damage) and Aghanim's. Obviously we were already crushing them, but Veno's ult does ridiculous damage with Aghanim's, and with Veil, it was monstrous.

Edit: Also, if anyone plays on U.S. servers, I'd be down to queue with ya. I usually play with 1-2 rl buddies/brothers, so I usually have a pretty decent queueing group.
    Yeah, I had a game as Veno where I was like 2/12/25 or something ridiculous like that. I died almost literally every single team fight but we also usually won those teamfights if I was able to get my ulti off before I went down.

God, makes me want to play Techies.

---------- Post added 2012-07-21 at 06:58 PM ----------

Just played tag with TA for about 5 minutes. Stole Meld and we just chased each other in circles for 5 minutes.

Holy shit, Rubick is amazing vs TA - she doesn't HAVE any bad spells. Refraction makes you less squishy and lets you autoswing for big, Meld is great for adding armor reduction to your team's skillset (and it can function as a temporary escape mechanism), and traps... holy shit, if you steal traps. Even if you lose the skill and can't nuke them, they never go away. I just shit traps all over the river and our team had permanent vision of the river for the rest of the game.

Oh, and steal Toss from a farmed up Tiny sometime. You can do some frankly unfair things with Toss and Telekinesis.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-07-22 at 12:08 AM.

Deleted
    Played some games with Kuntantee yesterday. Was a brilliant experience. I guess his MMR made me fight against slightly better players (still not good according to him, but better than what i was used to), and suddenly the game was way different. No longer could I just trap people in my ult and be done with them (playing Shadow Shaman), and people usually went for me first and killed me.

Now I could really see how little I actually know about the game (as in my level no-one ganks etc.), so it was great to see how the difficulty ranks up. Kuntantee also had some great tips and was fun to play with. Looking forward to more games. I'm at 17 wins and 4 losses now, I predict many more losses coming up =)

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Played some games with Kuntantee yesterday. Was a brilliant experience. I guess his MMR made me fight against slightly better players (still not good according to him, but better than what i was used to), and suddenly the game was way different. No longer could I just trap people in my ult and be done with them (playing Shadow Shaman), and people usually went for me first and killed me.

Now I could really see how little I actually know about the game (as in my level no-one ganks etc.), so it was great to see how the difficulty ranks up. Kuntantee also had some great tips and was fun to play with. Looking forward to more games. I'm at 17 wins and 4 losses now, I predict many more losses coming up =)
    was fun to play with you too

10+ Year Old Account

TA's overpowered.

There, I said it. Meld's just doing way too much damage. A lot like shotgun Morphling, actually - very hard to pin down (once she gets Blink anyway), pretty tanky, and absolutely fucking retarded midgame burst. Psi Blades gives her farming/pushing capability, too. The only difference is that shotgun Morphling requires farm to reach that point, while TA can start gibbing people just about right away. It gets worse once she finishes Desolator, but she can still basically instagib any support as soon as she gets her blink.

TA's overpowered.

There, I said it. Meld's just doing way too much damage. A lot like shotgun Morphling, actually - very hard to pin down (once she gets Blink anyway), pretty tanky, and absolutely fucking retarded midgame burst. Psi Blades gives her farming/pushing capability, too. The only difference is that shotgun Morphling requires farm to reach that point, while TA can start gibbing people just about right away. It gets worse once she finishes Desolator, but she can still basically instagib any support as soon as she gets her blink.
    Got Veno as a support? Sick she's worthless... sure she does good early game damage (and don't get me wrong i love pub stomping with her) but she is far from OP.

So I feel a bit proud, I've finally graduated from easy bots to beating normal bots all the time and I've been having a blast with templar assasin,Drow Ranger, Brewmaster and Broodmother. Looks like I'm about ready to play co-op bot matches and then finally play normals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IEatRoflWafflz View Post
    Got Veno as a support? Sick she's worthless... sure she does good early game damage (and don't get me wrong i love pub stomping with her) but she is far from OP.
    Veno doesn't counter TA. She's not deadly due to Refraction, she's deadly due to Meld basically giving any supports or STR heroes negative armor on top of doing a ton of burst. Plus Refraction's damage bonus and damage block have separate instances, so even if you burn off the damage block, she still gets a free MKB's worth of damage.

Hell, TA would very likely counter Veno because Veno has so little HP. That's pretty much what TA does, and which is a significant part of why Quantic just pooped on Na'Vi in that game. TA just farms supports in the early and midgame, and once she gets her Desolator, she farms pretty much anyone she sees.

Meld is just way too much damage.

Veno doesn't counter TA. She's not deadly due to Refraction, she's deadly due to Meld basically giving any supports or STR heroes negative armor on top of doing a ton of burst. Plus Refraction's damage bonus and damage block have separate instances, so even if you burn off the damage block, she still gets a free MKB's worth of damage.

Hell, TA would very likely counter Veno because Veno has so little HP. That's pretty much what TA does, and which is a significant part of why Quantic just pooped on Na'Vi in that game. TA just farms supports in the early and midgame, and once she gets her Desolator, she farms pretty much anyone she sees.

Meld is just way too much damage.
    Refraction is more important to TA than Meld and being able to deal with Refraction damage block quickly and efficiently makes her much easier to kill late game and much easier to beat on a lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Refraction is more important to TA than Meld and being able to deal with Refraction damage block quickly and efficiently makes her much easier to kill late game and much easier to beat on a lane.
    But Veno will get outlaned by TA and TA can quite easily kill him due to his low HP combined with Meld negating his armor. Meld harass is very effective, while Veno doesn't really have a response. Wards basically feed the enemy lane if you aren't careful with them, Gale costs way too much mana to use as simple harass, and his short range means trying to get in autoattacks will result in taking a couple of hits from creeps.

I'm pretty sure Veno would have to hug the tower to not end up just outright dying vs TA in a lane, especially as she gets Refraction up higher and higher.

In teamfights, it'd be even worse. If you can get a silence or setup stun from somewhere, TA could probably pop Veno before he can ulti, especially after she finishes Desolator.

EDIT: With Deso, TA basically gets a free Divine Rapier for every Meld hit, and she removes a platemail's worth of armor from her target. It's fucking ridiculous and really needs a nerf. At the least I'd say she needs to be removed from CM to have her kit looked at. Honestly I'd say PA needs to be taken out of CM, too - I really think that dagger and maybe even her ulti need to be looked at, too.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-07-23 at 07:49 AM.

But Veno will get outlaned by TA and TA can quite easily kill him due to his low HP combined with Meld negating his armor. Meld harass is very effective, while Veno doesn't really have a response. Wards basically feed the enemy lane if you aren't careful with them, Gale costs way too much mana to use as simple harass, and his short range means trying to get in autoattacks will result in taking a couple of hits from creeps.

I'm pretty sure Veno would have to hug the tower to not end up just outright dying vs TA in a lane, especially as she gets Refraction up higher and higher.

In teamfights, it'd be even worse. If you can get a silence or setup stun from somewhere, TA could probably pop Veno before he can ulti, especially after she finishes Desolator.

EDIT: With Deso, TA basically gets a free Divine Rapier for every Meld hit, and she removes a platemail's worth of armor from her target. It's fucking ridiculous and really needs a nerf. At the least I'd say she needs to be removed from CM to have her kit looked at. Honestly I'd say PA needs to be taken out of CM, too - I really think that dagger and maybe even her ulti need to be looked at, too.
    Deso armor debuff doesn't stack with meld. Psi blades doesn't carry attack effects like deso to second or further targets. So to be fairly honest, Desolator not best item for TA. A mkb will increase your damage output more than a desolator. And you got it wrong. refraction is the most important spell of TA that is why she's dominating mid game but not late becuase it suffers from IAS at late. Also in team fights dagger should be used for optimal psi blade position, not meld with few exceptions.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-23 at 10:14 AM.

What? Gale is dirt cheap harass. 50% slow means that there is no way for a melee to catch up meaning you have free harass during that period which will mean a lot of dmg. Gale + 1 auto attack have eaten refraction.