15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone organizing any teams?

I'm a beast with Lanaya (templar assassin) - Kailtas_Norway on steam.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    So you are sayin' LoL is a simpler game and it's easy to become pro?
    A bunch of LoL pros basically said they were bored as shit with the game and were only doing it because it's easy money. I want to say it was HotshotGG specifically that said that, but it could've been any of those Team Solomid guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    Anyone organizing any teams?

I'm a beast with Lanaya (templar assassin) - Kailtas_Norway on steam.
    Everyone's a beast with TA :P

The more I play Rubick, the more I understand why he's been an honor ban in the Chinese circuit (in DotA 1 anyway) since forever. If you really know how to build him and take full advantage of spell steal, he's straight up overpowered. Considering he's beginning to appear more and more consistently in the Euro/Western DotA 2 scene, I think the rest of the world is beginning to discover what the Chinese know already.

I wonder if Western teams will discover how good Dragon Knight is, too.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-08-01 at 04:47 AM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    since forever
    since march*

I think the rest of the world is beginning to discover what the Chinese know already.
    yeah they discovered that rubic was added to dota 2 lol

If you really know how to build him and take full advantage of spell steal, he's straight up overpowered
    hes only slightly OP vs enigma because you cant use other spells while channeling black hole (and spellsteal goes through bkb iirc)
    any good player will just cast something else after "huge ult" e.g. anchor smash after ravage

I wonder if Western teams will discover how good Dragon Knight is
    quick vanguard and/or pipe + AC and you are unkillable (and even before AC its so hard to take you down)
    i love how chinese build DK

obviously you gonna get flamed on EU pubs

crushing enemy team 15minutes later ;p
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-08-01 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    since march*

yeah they discovered that rubic was added to dota 2 lol
    Rubick's been considered an honor ban in a lot of Chinese circuits since he was introduced in DotA 1. He's so ridiculously good once you know how to play him and what items to build him with.

hes only slightly OP vs enigma because you cant use other spells while channeling black hole (and spellsteal goes through bkb iirc)
    any good player will just cast something else after "huge ult" e.g. anchor smash after ravage
    Rubick is OP because he can steal the more mundane skills heroes get, not because he can steal a Black Hole that he gets to use once before Spell Steal fades. A Rubick with Ravage or Black Hole or Epicenter is dangerous, but he's a one-trick pony.

A Rubick with Summon Spirit Bear or Nature's Call will eat towers like nothing else in the game, except maybe a fed Clinkz or Lycan. A Rubick with Teleportation or Blink can be anywhere without warning. A Rubick with Repel or Purification doesn't have to deal with Omni's low mana pool and absolutely horrible cast animation.

You can steal Burrowstrike, you can steal Nightmare, you can steal Brain Sap, you can steal Gush and Storm Hammer and Diabolic Edict. Ever seen a Rubick steal Toss from a Tiny with lvl 3 Grow! and scepter? It's not pretty.

Rubick is powerful because he can take any enemy hero's spells and in many cases use them better than that hero can, because Rubick has an extremely good cast animation (he basically wiggles his fingers and that's it, it's basically nonexistent) and fantastic INT. Bane's downfall is that he has no AOE skills to complement his fantastic single-target spells - Rubick has Fade Bolt, so that downside doesn't apply when Rubick jacks Brain Sap or Nightmare or Fiend's Grip.

Even spells like Anchor Smash are handy to have. Sure, you want something better, but they aren't bad. Anchor Smash + Fade Bolt means Rubick will just completely melt creep waves, and if he's able to land both on a hero, that hero's going to do virtually no right-click damage until Anchor Smash falls off. And with Rubick's large mana pool, he can spam Anchor Smash on cooldown even without Arcane Boots. And the best thing? Spell Steal's cooldown is very short. Steal a spell, get the use out of it, and then immediately steal something else. Steal TA's traps, lay down a few for permanent vision, and then go steal something else. Steal a Burrowstrike, use it, and then jack Diabolic Edict and push down a tower.

Rubick's also really good because his passive really will win teamfights, especially in the early game and midgame. I almost never max Telekinesis before maxing Null Field (and Fade Bolt takes priority over both) because I've seen too many teammates escape from a teamfight with 20 HP because they had that extra 10 Magic Resistance.

Definitely think Western teams are discovering how good Rubick is when he's played right... and the best thing is, he can be played as a support OR an INT carry. I'd say he's definitely best as a 3, but you can play him as a 4 or even a 5. He's largely item independent, he just needs a Bracer or two to support his rather low HP, but he also scales effectively with a variety of utility items. Rod of Atos is quickly becoming one of my favorite luxury items on him.

quick vanguard and/or pipe + AC and you are unkillable (and even before AC its so hard to take you down)
    i love how chinese build DK

obviously you gonna get flamed on EU pubs

crushing enemy team 15minutes later ;p
    Yeah, IMO DK is best built as a tank. I usually go Armlet+Hood as my core (along with boots, usually INT Power Treads), along with Soul Ring. Armlet gives you some more armor, some attack speed and regen, and the bonus STR translates to a lot of midgame burst damage. Hood can be built into a Pipe for your team and combined with your passive and Armlet, you'll have both a ton of physical resistance and a ton of magic resistance. Satanic is really good on him (I'd use helmet to grab an alpha wolf or centaur first), but I'd probably get a Heart before that. You could probably exchange Armlet for Vanguard, but I think Armlet is a must-have item on pretty much any Strength hero except for, like, Wisp and the armor/regen pretty much make up for the loss of the damage block while providing a nice DPS boost, too.

I think DK's best use is to just run in and never, ever die. You get a free AOE Skadi, you have probably the best stun in the entire game (3.25 sec duration on 9 sec cd, and it's ranged during ulti), and with Soul Ring you can spam firebreath nonstop. You aren't going to gib someone in two seconds like a midgame shotgun Morphling, but you're going to be a huge, fat dragon that's constantly stunning and slowing everything in sight and you just will. not. fucking. die. EVER.

I guess he's not used much because he DOES have a somewhat slow start. He's kinda useless before level 6 because you're never gonna land that stun without chaining it off of someone else's stun, but because he needs that level 6, he also needs a solo lane for best results. It improves a bit once you get flame breath maxed and finish your Soul Ring, though.

EDIT: And just FYI, Soul Ring+Ring of Health Rubick is fucking amazing. Bottle's still what you want if you're mid, but I tend to play side lane Rubick more often than not, and Soul Ring+Ring of Health is good stuff. You regen the 150 HP before Soul Ring's cooldown finishes and the 150 MP is a guaranteed Fade Bolt or TK whenever you want it. Follow that up with Phase Boots + Drums and you're in business on the cheap.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-08-01 at 09:05 AM.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Rubick's been considered an honor ban in a lot of Chinese circuits since he was introduced in DotA 1. He's so ridiculously good once you know how to play him and what items to build him with.
    he was unlocked for CM in patch 6.74 released on march 2012
    and ~3months later added to dota 2
    3 months are not "forever"

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    he was unlocked for CM in patch 6.74 released on march 2012
    and ~3months later added to dota 2
    3 months are not "forever"
    It took them this long to add him to CM? Wasn't he added to the game like two years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It took them this long to add him to CM? Wasn't he added to the game like two years ago?
    1year before CM unlock patch 6.72 on april 2011
    it took more time for disruptor (god knows why) and wisp
    also treant is still unavailable in dota 1 CM iirc
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-08-01 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Spell Steal is honestly overpowered when combined with his incredible cast animation, IMO. Plus the rest of his skills ain't bad, and he's pretty much entirely item independent. He plays a lot better if you get some more HP for him since he's actually squisher than CM past level 11 (higher base STR but lower STR gain), but it's not strictly required.

I dunno. If he needs any nerfs, I'd just say have Spell Steal make the stolen ability cost more mana than it costs for the actual hero that he stole it from - after all he's basically co-opting someone else's shit, he can't be an expert at it right away. Maybe like 15%/10%/5% more mana, scepter upgrade reduces it to 0% in addition to other effects.

The rest of his spells are fairly expensive for the early and early-mid game (120 for TK, whopping 150 for Fade Bolt) so if you stole a Burrowstrike and it was costing 161 instead of 140... meh. The other alternative would maybe be longer cooldown for stolen skills; it'd definitely help neuter him stealing shit like Summon Spirit Bear or Nature's Call and eating three towers before Spell Steal ends.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-08-01 at 09:47 AM.

1 year is a typical cm delay time for new heroes so he was unlocked on time

Deleted
    I'm not pro moba player (I've played LoL only) so my start in dota2 is really hard. Range is much bigger , fights more chaotic and less clear. I'm sucking even on bots xD But at least I don't meet so many rage kids! And it's awesome (I hope it won't change at higher levels &/or in normal games).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I'm not pro moba player (I've played LoL only) so my start in dota2 is really hard. Range is much bigger , fights more chaotic and less clear. I'm sucking even on bots xD But at least I don't meet so many rage kids! And it's awesome (I hope it won't change at higher levels &/or in normal games).
    Rage seems to increase as you get higher in MM but you'll get fewer outright abandons and other crap. You'll encounter a lot of pompous douchebags that think they're pro, though.

Deleted
    Anyone else getting random DC? My reconnect button is not showing up all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste runs are way worse. I cannot begin to stress how rage inducing a haste rune in is the first 4/5 minutes of the game. It's pretty much a guaranteed double kill on a side lane if mid gets a haste rune and you don't have wards up to see it.
    I agree with this. Invis is maybe 1 confirmed kill if you can get off a decent combo with an ally.

Haste rune is just a nightmare. I wish they'd standardize the damn runes though. It's annoying as hell how random they are, it would encourage more fighting over the rune instead of the awkward moment where you go up and the rune spawned bottom at the start of the game. The amount of times i've lost the rune in mid due to flipping the wrong result in the coin flip is irritating

But I also think haste/invis/double damage runes shouldn't be able to spawn until at least the second rune, should be relegated to illusion/regeneration

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Anyone else getting random DC? My reconnect button is not showing up all the time
    I've lost count at the amount of bugs I experience now. The worst one is when the game minimizes itself and you can't open it again, if you click on the icon you can hear the sound but you're stuck on the desktop
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-08-01 at 01:01 PM.

Raging at people declining the q all day long.

Deleted
    It took me about a second to realise that swapping Veno into my team wasn't the best idea ever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    It took me about a second to realise that swapping Veno into my team wasn't the best idea ever...
    Almost as bad as swapping earthshaker into your team

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Almost as bad as swapping earthshaker into your team
    Had a bad game last night with a Lich and Chrono- every like 5 min we had a team fight... chrono- lichy ulty bomb at least 3 dead and 2 severly wounded before chorno sphere was up- probably just as bad as swapping es/veno into your team as well.

i once swaped myself inside rhasta wards when he was at like 1% hp xD

(un)fortunately i didnt get into dotacinema fails of the week ;p
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-08-01 at 03:23 PM.

Deleted
    Starting to like Witch Doctor...that stun is so annoying if you're on the receiving side.

Wooohooo, I can walk aga...FUUU!

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Starting to like Witch Doctor...that stun is so annoying if you're on the receiving side.

Wooohooo, I can walk aga...FUUU!
    Love the Witch Doctor, probably one of my best heros. have a lane partner that can stun- free kill with right level of maledict and your stun. Also Deathward still works when you use shadow blade- just don't move.