So anyone else hyped for the defense 2 finals tonight?

High Overlord Ultraviolet Harmonies's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggi View Post
    So anyone else hyped for the defense 2 finals tonight?
    coL looks incredibly strong, but mouz looks to have their shit together at the moment. CLG vs. mouz is going to be great games, I'm sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet Harmonies View Post
    coL looks incredibly strong, but mouz looks to have their shit together at the moment. CLG vs. mouz is going to be great games, I'm sure.
    Got a stream link and an eta for that ? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Exceeed View Post
    Got a stream link and an eta for that ? Thanks in advance!
    You can find dota2 streams on own3d.tv and twitch.tv

http://www.joindota.com/en/live/tobiwan for the finals. They are scheduled at 20.00 cest, but might start sooner. It will me mousesports vs compLexity, both teams are looking really strong atm. And if you've never seen dota 2 before, these games are commentated by one of the very best commentators in e-sports.

you can find all important dota streams on http://www.joindota.com/en/start "Livestreams" section

The CLG vs mouz was pretty disappointing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggi View Post
    http://www.joindota.com/en/live/tobiwan for the finals. They are scheduled at 20.00 cest, but might start sooner. It will me mousesports vs compLexity, both teams are looking really strong atm. And if you've never seen dota 2 before, these games are commentated by one of the very best commentators in e-sports.
    Thanks, I see it started seconds ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangri- View Post
    The CLG vs mouz was pretty disappointing.
    Pretty much. They need to stop relying on Black to carry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Pretty much. They need to stop relying on Black to carry.
    But they won. In the games against Complexity they were pretty out-classed though. Mouz is not bootcamping in preparation for TI2, so I guess in comparison they'd be playing less tight than what other teams are doing right now.

well 2nd place is still very good although i have no idea why they kept picking heroes for trilane vs prophet mid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet Harmonies View Post
    But they won. In the games against Complexity they were pretty out-classed though. Mouz is not bootcamping in preparation for TI2, so I guess in comparison they'd be playing less tight than what other teams are doing right now.
    It's just more of a trend I see with Mouz overall. They can look amazing one day, and crappy the next. Black can carry hard, or he can't carry hard enough. They're one of my fav teams, but they kill me sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just more of a trend I see with Mouz overall. They can look amazing one day, and crappy the next. Black can carry hard, or he can't carry hard enough. They're one of my fav teams, but they kill me sometimes.
    They're amazingly inconsistent and they're way too reliant on Black to carry them. A couple of games where Black farmed all game but because the rest of the team was just feeding coL all game, Black couldn't pull it off in the end - eventually they catch Black out and either it's gg or Black buys back and they just take Rosh or whatever while that happens and push in again.

I definitely felt Mouz's overall picking was weaker than coL's, most of the time coL's teams had good synergy while mouz's picking was apparently, "hey I like this hero and this hero and this hero and that hero!" I love mouz, but I don't really expect them to ever win big if they don't shape up.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hate that kind of play. It's like i'm watching the same game over and over. Teams should just focus more on semi carries and map control and less on these "Oh I hope the hard carry saves us" games

A lot of the time Black's builds were really risky as well. Going straight for Eblade into manta. It's like.... 1 stun and he's dead.

Too much coin flipping for my liking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I just hate that kind of play. It's like i'm watching the same game over and over. Teams should just focus more on semi carries and map control and less on these "Oh I hope the hard carry saves us" games

A lot of the time Black's builds were really risky as well. Going straight for Eblade into manta. It's like.... 1 stun and he's dead.

Too much coin flipping for my liking
    Yeah, despite all the hype leading up to it I actually skipped a significant portion of each game in The Defense grand finals because it was obvious who was gonna win.

---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 11:30 PM ----------

Infused ran a Clockwerk versus Na'Vi in that AMD tournament and predictably they lost. I'm just not convinced Clockwerk is a useful hero. He seems like a hero that becomes more and more weak as the game goes later and later due to his pretty lackluster stats and lack of any real damage output. Flares are fucking incredible for the first 20 minutes of the game (fuck you, you don't get to use clarities) but 200 damage on a fairly lengthy cooldown plus travel time rapidly becomes negligible as the game goes later and heroes go from having 800 HP to having 1500 HP.

There were other issues with Infused's play leading to their loss (TA losing her lane vs Rubick in mid was probably the primary reason for the loss), but I never really got the impression that Clockwerk did anything useful all game, meaning it was essentially 4v5.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    There were other issues with Infused's play leading to their loss (TA losing her lane vs Rubick in mid was probably the primary reason for the loss), but I never really got the impression that Clockwerk did anything useful all game, meaning it was essentially 4v5.
    The other issues was a bigger factor in the loss than the clockwerk pick. Clockwerk set up most of Infused kills so I cant understand how you can say that he didnt do anything useful all game.
    Infused lost all 3 lanes and Na'Vi got a too big of a lead. The game was pretty much over after 10 minutes.

Clock is one of the best initiators in my opinion...the real issue with him as a hero is he is 950% countered by one force staff. If they don't have that/blinks/etc. then a well placed cog on one or two heroes is a free team fight win.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you who think fantasy leagues are fun: http://fantasy.dota-academy.com/

Here's my team: http://i.imgur.com/lKR1C.png

Speak of the devil, I just randomed clockwerk, currently 16-3-11. Kind of a demonstration of how good clock can be, although my enemies really aren't very good...

25-5-17 and my rating went down of course XDDDDD
    Another example of why the skill rating means absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-08-14 at 07:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Clock is one of the best initiators in my opinion...the real issue with him as a hero is he is 950% countered by one force staff. If they don't have that/blinks/etc. then a well placed cog on one or two heroes is a free team fight win.
    But he's entirely reliant on landing that Hookshot, and it's piss easy to avoid since if it touches ANYTHING but a hero, it's wasted. And even then, Clock himself isn't much of a threat due to his awful stats and the fact that his Q is pretty awful if there's more than one thing in range for it to shoot. Cogs are good, but so are Furion's trees.