Russians aren't really any worse than anyone else and when things go bad they're funnier than other people. If you actually get offended or annoyed by anyone, just apply the mute button. A lot easier than screaming REPORT REPORT and then coming up with superficial solutions on forums. I wrote my in-game name in in cyrillic and the amount of prejudice I get from some people for being Негмаииi is hilarious. No offense to anyone but I like EU servers a lot more than USE as I prefer the occasional non-communicative Russian to the players with huge egos and low skills that seem more common in USE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Hey now, scepter refresher warlock is legit. I wouldn't recommend buying it in place of supporting your team, but I've seen warlock single handedly stop a push 1v5 and kill three people with a 4 RoC bonds air strike.
    Done it myself, but just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be :P it's all I ever see when I see someone play Warlock. It's the same with KotL, focusing on their Q, because they take the "hero" thing a bit too seriously. I've seen level 12 keepers without a point in W lol.

I understand some people can't grasp the meta game that is items very well, but most of the time there is someone on your team who will teach, and it is so important for people to know. For example yesterday I was having a game that was real tight, real close, anyway, I was Doom Bringer, and it was my first time. As always with your first time you're a bit anxious, you don't know where to put it and are concerned those playing with you might get a bit annoyed or frustrated but I found out where things should go and made everyone really happy.

They had a really good Pudge and Ursa, and it was getting really dangerous, late game, they were winning so I bought a Blademail at the right time, it's a bit unorthodox, but I would say it won us the game. Same thing can be said of Warlock and refresher, and indeed other items. We can't rule them out completely, but I see people trying to do it all to often as if it works everytime - rather than focusing on their core items, and providing what is necessary for the team.

Like, I see people complaining about getting stunned all the time, yet they are building radiance, or MKB with no evasion on the enemy team, or rushing Butterfly. When alternatively they could get Lothar's or Linken's or BKB. It's senseless. I see Ursa's skipping Vlads like they are pro - but not benefitting the team at all and spending 6 years in the jungle farming their blink.

More importantly - when you try to teach them, like "perhaps you should go this", and other members on your team reach a sort of consensus for what they should buy? Nobody listens. When it was my first time as Doom and they said "get this, this, do this all the time", I didn't even think to say "shut up noob, fuck off, noob, сука".

I actually think twice before loading Dota now, because if I am not with friends, I am risking a painful experience.

If they won't listen when we teach and help, perhaps the game doing it is a good idea :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Rushing butterfly makes me very sad...it's not even a very good item.

Deleted
    Rushing butterfly makes me very sad...it's not even a very good item.
    Rushing it? No. Are you stupid enough to rush a butterfly? Quit the game.

sigh..

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    Rushing it? No. Are you stupid enough to rush a butterfly? Quit the game.

sigh..
    BUT ITS THE BEST AGILETY ITEM IN THE GAME god

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got an email from Valve with an invite to the beta! So excited

10+ Year Old Account
    What're good items for INT heroes in terms of right-click DPS? I've always been a little stymied when it comes to Rosh phase and I've got an INT hero or someone who otherwise doesn't really benefit from the usual carry items. Lately I make cuirass, deso, and medallion for maximum armor pierce and then buy rapiers with what's left (and die as quickly as possible so a carry on the enemy team can have it.) Seems like Orchid is the only really use "INT carry," item anymore since they nerfed sheepstick due to Tinker being a dickwad with it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What're good items for INT heroes in terms of right-click DPS? I've always been a little stymied when it comes to Rosh phase and I've got an INT hero or someone who otherwise doesn't really benefit from the usual carry items. Lately I make cuirass, deso, and medallion for maximum armor pierce and then buy rapiers with what's left (and die as quickly as possible so a carry on the enemy team can have it.) Seems like Orchid is the only really use "INT carry," item anymore since they nerfed sheepstick due to Tinker being a dickwad with it.
    mjolnir/mkb/deadalus ?
    +aura items if you can afford it

rapiers are muted in diretide so keep it on yourself
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-11-06 at 04:32 PM.

Deleted
    >Open DotA 2 thread.
    >Not Lysah, 'Manni and Pizza arguing in circles.

What the fuck, is it christmas already?

Quote Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
    What's with these 3 Dota 2 invites I just got in my steam inventory? They randomly appeared.
    Valve are giving away a shitton, they really ought to just release already.
    Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    I just got an email from Valve with an invite to the beta! So excited
    Welcome to DotA, you suck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    rapiers are muted in diretide so keep it on yourself
    not entirely true; i was playing sniper last night and didn't buy a rapier for roshan and I ended up picking up an unmuted one about halfway through the roshan phase

that's the only time I've ever picked one up that's unmuted though, so other than that I would agree with you
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    not entirely true; i was playing sniper last night and didn't buy a rapier for roshan and I ended up picking up an unmuted one about halfway through the roshan phase

that's the only time I've ever picked one up that's unmuted though, so other than that I would agree with you
    You can use rapiers dropped by yourself and the enemy team but not the ones dropped by your own teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Yes you can. They have their own dedicated servers where they can speak Russian/Brazilian exclusively, yet they choose to queue areas where they know they won't be able to make themselves understood with their own language.
    well, unfortunately there is no douche-proof(or idiot-proof, for instance) system so all you really can is deal with it or swear here on forums
    so dont get it through to you, you will have your fair share of godawful games due to ru/bra/us/whatever teammates aswell

p.s. or, to paraphrase, "shit happens"
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2012-11-06 at 04:45 PM.

If you really want to help the problem, start queuing RU/BR servers only, speaking nothing but English, and intentionally feeding every game. At least then it's fair.

Wait until the game releases and the amount of russians increase by 100%.

If you really want to help the problem, start queuing RU/BR servers only, speaking nothing but English, and intentionally feeding every game. At least then it's fair.
    and by doing so, you will achieve what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    >Open DotA 2 thread.
    >Not Lysah, 'Manni and Pizza arguing in circles.

What the fuck, is it christmas already?

Valve are giving away a shitton, they really ought to just release already.

Welcome to DotA, you suck.
    I've played hundreds of games of Dota in WC3, same goes for HoN and LoL. I definitely don't need the link, but thanks . That's about the warmest welcome anyone should expect entering moba territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    and by doing so, you will achieve what?
    Game is about having fun, right?

Deleted
    So how do you know when you are in above average MMR tier since the actual numbers are hidden .. im probably not good enough to get there yet but i like to have goals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvayra View Post
    So how do you know when you are in above average MMR tier since the actual numbers are hidden .. im probably not good enough to get there yet but i like to have goals
    As far as I know, the only way to tell is going to the watch section, somewhere around there there should be a search thing with filters and stuff. Filter it to yourself and high rating and if you find a fairly decent amount of (recent) games, you're in "high" rating.
    There we go.

(Valve really needs to add low rating. I mean crushing the souls of people isn't nearly as bad as implying they're already average.)
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-11-06 at 05:19 PM.

Game is about having fun, right?
    oh you evil thing you :P