Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    stuff
    Your lane seems good even at firs glance I have never said it wouldn't work. I was just trying to say the lane setup I suggested has capability do well against your lane setup. Stun + Spin combo would be setback(at worst) for axe + veno means you will be getting CS you were missing.

If you want CS, you don't even have to kill them. Just use stun spin combo at level 1 and force them back. I think jugg venge lane can beat veno axe if its played aggressively.

Blade fury? is too powerful at lowlevels...
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-03 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Your lanes are all terrible. If you really want your enemy to hate you pick an Axe based dual offlane. Axe + Veno is one of the best, especially if the enemy has a melee carry.
    If you want your enemy to hate you just run either Veno+Viper or Silencer+Keeper. Silencer+Keeper is really annoying, literal non-stop Curse spam will just make you hate your fucking life for the first fifteen minutes of the game. Veno+Viper means you're dead if you move more than ten feet from your tower and even if you get away, poison's gonna kill you anyway.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I've been playing with Hecarim in LoL so I decided to try Centaur in DotA 2.
    The game has definitely better UI than LoL, better graphics and more character variability. And also level cap in 25 (rather than 18) and of course no maxed out items within a game. I think that Valve will eventually win the war, no matter when DotA 2 will launch.

As long as Valve keeps the purpose of DotA at promoting a competitive sporting environment I don't see how DotA can possibly lose the "war." LoL is about making money and, so far, DotA is not.

could you guys reguraly remind me to NOT play at night? ;_;
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-12-04 at 03:57 AM.

If there was anything in the world that made Russians look bad, it would be Dota 2. It makes me feel bad for the actual decent Russian people out there.

For crap sake, they even have their own server now. Don't come to EU West or even more west with your "Посмотрите на меня, я могу дышать через рот!".

Also the amount of people who start Dota 2 with medium bots... urk. No offense, but most people are not at that level at the start. They need to get that tutorial up, Dota 2 is really newbie-unfriendly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    If there was anything in the world that made Russians look bad, it would be Dota 2. It makes me feel bad for the actual decent Russian people out there.

For crap sake, they even have their own server now. Don't come to EU West or even more west with your "Посмотрите на меня, я могу дышать через рот!".

Also the amount of people who start Dota 2 with medium bots... urk. No offense, but most people are not at that level at the start. They need to get that tutorial up, Dota 2 is really newbie-unfriendly.
    This is actually funny. Everytime I play with Russians I got bad time. I got the same problem with Polish people playing LoL.I don't know why I just don't. It's not like I hate them or anything but they just suck. Last time I played dota this russian dude kept spamming "eat my dick!!!!!" in chat every possible occasion

not this shit again...

Don't blame russians for playing EU. goddamnit.
    Blame em for being bad.
    blame brazil, Usa, Canada - whatever, for bad play.
    Dont assault people for playing where you , and you personally, dont want them to play.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2012-12-04 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    not this shit again...

Don't blame russians for playing EU. goddamnit.
    Blame em for being bad.
    blame brazil, Usa, Canada - whatever, for bad play.
    Dont assault people for playing where you , and you personally, dont want them to play.
    The reason I don't want them on those servers is that they can't speak English worth a damn. Do you know how hard it is to win a game when you can't understand what your team is saying?

I mean god damn, if I couldn't speak English and had a whole god damn server for my country/language only, I'd play there instead. Out of respect, and because I want communication. But my country isn't big enough for that. And in some rare cases, you have idiot Norwegians too.

We don't "hate" Russians or anything. We don't "hate" for no reason. We just think it's god damn stupid how they have their own server, speak their own language, yet INSIST on mixing into an audience who can't understand them and vice versa.

It would just be easier for everyone, you know?

The reason I don't want them on those servers is that they can't speak English worth a damn. Do you know how hard it is to win a game when you can't understand what your team is saying?

I mean god damn, if I couldn't speak English and had a whole god damn server for my country/language only, I'd play there instead. Out of respect, and because I want communication. But my country isn't big enough for that. And in some rare cases, you have idiot Norwegians too.

We don't "hate" Russians or anything. We don't "hate" for no reason. We just think it's god damn stupid how they have their own server, speak their own language, yet INSIST on mixing into an audience who can't understand them and vice versa.

I find it amusing, almost satysfing that most russians hate other russians and try to play on eu just to escape own brethren.
    I know what I'm talking about, for I'm russian myself.

But, it is not restricted to russians only. We are just (in a broad look) a bit cockier, arrogant and ignorant when it comes to Internet.
    Part of mentality and shitty attitude with bad behavior to boot.

Which I am sorry for.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I find it amusing, almost satysfing that most russians hate other russians and try to play on eu just to escape own brethren.
    I know what I'm talking about, for I'm russian myself.

But, it is not restricted to russians only. We are just (in a broad look) a bit cockier, arrogant and ignorant when it comes to Internet.
    Part of mentality and shitty attitude with bad behavior to boot.

Which I am sorry for.
    If the russian is normal player and doesnt even write in azbuka all the time, noone can tell hes russian (unless he has nick in cyrillic.) Its when they write all the time in azbuka, dont communicate at all other than "cyka" and when you ask them why they play here and dont communicate, its exactly because "they cant play with the russian noobs on the russian server" (oh the irony)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    " and when you ask them why they play here and dont communicate, its exactly because "they cant play with the russian noobs on the russian server" (oh the irony)
    that too.
    and I'm suspecting ones impaired with poor English(or no knowledge whatsoever) just dont know how to channge servers.

Deleted
    I usually queue for hard bots to try out new heroes. People buying 0 items, tanking towers for 4+ seconds, not even running when getting owned etc etc.
    I mean I have the patience to teach them but most of them don't even respond, maybe out of shame or something, but it does make me wonder why they queued for hard in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I usually queue for hard bots to try out new heroes. People buying 0 items, tanking towers for 4+ seconds, not even running when getting owned etc etc.
    I mean I have the patience to teach them but most of them don't even respond, maybe out of shame or something, but it does make me wonder why they queued for hard in the first place.
    I was initially trying to get my brother into Dota and it really made me realize just how much they have to know to do ANYTHING even remotely useful. I mean, he'd played LoL before (not heavily, just enough to try it) so he knew the basics to MOBA games and even then... it was just insane.

I guess it's hard to understand that when it's been years since you (generic you) were new yourself.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

its not THAT bad. Maybe the problem with DotA2 is not enough newbies can actually play it. When i started with dota on eurobattle and garena, it was flooded with noobs like me, there were even "only noobs" games created all the time, so it wasnt that harsh to get into the game. In dota2, imo most people are to some degree seasoned players and barely anyone new to the game, who gets discouraged in his first game when all he hears is "noob go back to lol" "delete dota" and similar and one can only play against bots only so much before he needs real experience with runehunting, ganks, people not calling SS, "OP" lane combos etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    its not THAT bad. Maybe the problem with DotA2 is not enough newbies can actually play it. When i started with dota on eurobattle and garena, it was flooded with noobs like me, there were even "only noobs" games created all the time, so it wasnt that harsh to get into the game. In dota2, imo most people are to some degree seasoned players and barely anyone new to the game, who gets discouraged in his first game when all he hears is "noob go back to lol" "delete dota" and similar and one can only play against bots only so much before he needs real experience with runehunting, ganks, people not calling SS, "OP" lane combos etc.
    It really is "that" bad, man. How to jungle, how to counter-jungle, how to ward and where to ward, how to counter-ward and where to place those counter-wards, 118(?) heroes' worth of skills and abilities and playstyles multiplied by multiple item build orders for each hero, tricky uses of common items (Armlet toggling, etc), what items to get and when, what items not to get and when, and on and on and on and on and on.

And it's not like you need to know this in passing, you need to have it freaking memorized so you can call it up at will, because it IS going to matter.

As I'm sure Hermanni, Lysah, and the other players that play at the high end of the MMR scale can tell you, the difference between good and bad below their level is almost wholly related to knowledge of the game, not actual player skill. There is a simply enormous amount of information to be memorized, digested, and regurgitated on command just to be able to play the game at an "average," level. It's a MASSIVE barrier to entry and I'd put it up there on the same level as games like Dwarf Fortress and Rogue.

Compare this to a game like Starcraft II. Yeah, there's definitely build orders to learn and information about units and upgrade timings and whatnot to learn, but you run out of "you must know this to not die," information fairly quickly and it becomes working on your execution - working on getting that APM up so 3 infestors can't fungal 40 marines to death with 200 energy, on maneuvering units into good engagement positions, etc.

And then you have games like QuakeWorld on the opposite end of the scale - there's very little information to memorize, mostly just medpack and armor respawn timings and map layouts, but a staggering amount of raw skills (APM) that you have to learn to do in order to reach and compete at that "average" level of play.

And of the three, I'd say Dota is the most difficult to get into, because until you have all that knowledge, your APM isn't going to matter a whole lot - if you don't know that Juggy can spin to prevent you from nuking him down, you're going to feed and feed and feed regardless of your APM being higher than theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightswords View Post
    This is actually funny. Everytime I play with Russians I got bad time. I got the same problem with Polish people playing LoL.I don't know why I just don't. It's not like I hate them or anything but they just suck. Last time I played dota this russian dude kept spamming "eat my dick!!!!!" in chat every possible occasion
    Usually when I play with Russians they destroy everything ^^
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually, you don't even know that you are playing with russians. Those brats you are talking about is just a bad players, and due to lack of english language knowlege, they start swearing in russian or engrish. Yesterday i played with SS on mid on my team, who lost lane to dragon knight, fed him 4 kills and he started roaming and ruined our bot line. He started blaming ominknight with 1/4/7 KDA, and yelling in voice chat "lalala can't hear your russians bullshit" every time he communicated with his teammate (I que only for Russian "realm", so he is qued for it too).

You don't need to really talk with your team, all you need is new Y chat addon. The basics like "ward here", "group up to smoke", "deward here", "mia" and so on. Things like "omg, sniper, it is already 25 minute of the game and you have only power treads" are NOT needed in this game.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2012-12-04 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I got the same problem with Polish people playing LoL.
    thats because every 11yo kid and his mom plays LoL here ;s
    it is really huge game in poland
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-12-04 at 12:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    *snip*
    Well, I'm glad it's not just me. I dipped my toes into MOBA games with HoN, but never really 'got' it, plus the people I was going to play with didn't want to join me due to the whole MMR thing.

Now they've all got DotA 2, and I've watched them play a bit. One sent me one of those free invites, and I've started playing some solo bot matches. I just feel like I'm utterly overwhelmed when I got to play.

I don't want to just be spoon-fed everything... but... I barely have a clue as to what each hero does, or what their roles mean. There's almost NO explanation. Just "Here you go have fun, thanks for playing". Do I got top? bottom? mid? How far do I go? What skills should I get first? When should I level my stats?

I don't even wanna try to play a normal game with other players, as I've seen the 'community' that plays games like DotA. Confused on one thing? "HOLY SHIT YOU FUCKING SUCK DICK DIE IN A FIRE". I'd rather not submit myself to that.

Plus, idk if I could handle playing through some of the 45m-1hr long games I've seen my roommates go through.