I feel like I've sparked an argument here...

Just a note: as long as russians speak English, I have no beef. It's just when they use their own language that I'm a bit annoyed. Sometimes people do weird things and you don't know why, you know? It's just a bit discouraging sometimes, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    So much resources wasted on creating a script. We live in the age of computers.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 11:45 PM ----------

Again, scripts to flag suspicious or legit reports.
    The resource is put on investigating the report, not the report itself. First you need to define what is abusive which is hard thing to do. Using few sentences in your own language make it a true or false report? You can't really differentiate what is bad or okay in this case because you are just using your own language. Use of language can never be a report reason and if Valve really wants it, they could easily lock the regions. Also determining a word is belong to specific language may not be that easy to pull out. I'm not sure about this because if there is a pattern in English determining whether a word is legit or not(We do have in Turkish for example) it is possible but requires character by character parse of every single convo in game. What I'm trying to say it's not feasible in anyway.

I just started with 0 gold to game. How the FUCK?
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-04 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I feel like I've sparked an argument here...

Just a note: as long as russians speak English, I have no beef. It's just when they use their own language that I'm a bit annoyed. Sometimes people do weird things and you don't know why, you know? It's just a bit discouraging sometimes, that's all.
    so tell me, if a russian doesnt speak engrish, but plays like a god, are you still annoyed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    so tell me, if a russian doesnt speak engrish, but plays like a god, are you still annoyed?
    Usually, yeah. Just because you're good at the game doesn't mean you're helping the team.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Usually, yeah. Just because you're good at the game doesn't mean you're helping the team.
    I'll rephrase, then.
    If a russian(insert anyone else, including chinese) doesnt speak engrish, but plays like a god and you win the game, are you still annoyed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll rephrase, then.
    If a russian(insert anyone else, including chinese) doesnt speak engrish, but plays like a god and you win the game, are you still annoyed?
    Yep. Just because one guy that doesn't speak English is good and useful doesn't mean the next thirty will be, too.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Yep. Just because one guy that doesn't speak English is good and useful doesn't mean the next thirty will be, too.
    so in the end you are annoyed by inability to chat with your whole team?
    For me, IDGAF if my whole team speaks chinese, japanese and swedish at the same time, as long as they act with a semblance of teamwork here and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    so in the end you are annoyed by inability to chat with your whole team?
    For me, IDGAF if my whole team speaks chinese, japanese and swedish at the same time, as long as they act with a semblance of teamwork here and there.
    Because most players are fucking terrible, and if you can't communicate with them, there's literally no chance of being able to explain to them why "helping" that one fucking retard who deliberately ran into a 1v5 is a bad idea.

Because most players are fucking terrible, and if you can't communicate with them, there's literally no chance of being able to explain to them why "helping" that one fucking retard who deliberately ran into a 1v5 is a bad idea.
    and do you honestly believe that if said fucktard can speak english, you might somehow enligthen and make him make do?
    Delusional

10+ Year Old Account
    and do you honestly believe that if said fucktard can speak english, you might somehow enligthen and make him make do?
    Delusional
    A fucktard that speaks English has some small, slim chance of being converted into someone vaguely useful. A fucktard that doesn't speak English has no chance.

A fucktard that speaks English has some small, slim chance of being converted into someone vaguely useful. A fucktard that doesn't speak English has no chance.
    well, I should have agreed to disagree page before, I suppose :0
    We have too different approaches to this topic, it seems.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2012-12-05 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    I'll rephrase, then.
    Winning isn't intrinsically fun though.
    Having fun is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Winning isn't intrinsically fun though.
    Having fun is.
    Common misconception. Fun is for casuals and bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Common misconception. Fun is for casuals and bad players.
    dont you dare being sarcastic on me

If you don't speak at all, well... maybe. I mean, some people speak better through action. But I just get a bit annoyed when I see people speak in Russian, not purely because they do that, but because I don't know if they're just chatting or if they're actually trying to say something important.

Sorry if I've come off as rude or anything by the way, that was not my intention.

tis okay, friend
    love, and tolerance all the way

p.s. and BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

what the fuck is going on here

Quote Originally Posted by Jangri- View Post
    what the fuck is going on here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itvJybdcYbI

Just what i tought.

another huge patch....