Did they just kill mid pulling, ancient-stacking, Sven two-shotting teams with crit, make Magnus less broken and fix the disconnect issue in one small patch? Time to cry on forums!

~valve~

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    ancient-stacking, Sven two-shotting teams with crit,
    not really

Haven't looked at what the change actually is but neutral creeps not chasing as long shouldn't change stacking, just mid pulling. Of course, a smaller chase distance might decrease the amount of maximum stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Sven became a big, often-picked hero in pro games despite people constantly saying he was bad. Why not Doomy? Is it just because he's generally somewhat difficult to lane? I'd think the potential for a 20% HP nuke every 8 sec in late game fights and Doom in general (Doom + Refresher + Scepter and the mana to support it is pretty hilarious) would be enough reason to take him, not to mention how quickly he farms and how he can be fairly versatile with that farm.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    So Sven became a big, often-picked hero in pro games despite people constantly saying he was bad. Why not Doomy? Is it just because he's generally somewhat difficult to lane? I'd think the potential for a 20% HP nuke every 8 sec in late game fights and Doom in general (Doom + Refresher + Scepter and the mana to support it is pretty hilarious) would be enough reason to take him, not to mention how quickly he farms and how he can be fairly versatile with that farm.
    A great question, considering him with that ultimate would severely shut down almost every single huge pick right now (lolgoodluckBKBenigma). He's really not difficult to lane, to be honest, and his jungle is now at least average if not better. I suppose people don't like him because he doesn't have a stun and the game seems to revolving around them lately, same trend that happened back in DotA around 6.70.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    A great question, considering him with that ultimate would severely shut down almost every single huge pick right now (lolgoodluckBKBenigma). He's really not difficult to lane, to be honest, and his jungle is now at least average if not better. I suppose people don't like him because he doesn't have a stun and the game seems to revolving around them lately, same trend that happened back in DotA around 6.70.
    Pff, he can eat a centaur and have war stomp at level 1 now, plus the DPS boost from the aura. I just like how versatile he can be since his flash farm is so good. With just Midas and Devour you can break 300 gpm, which means your team will never have issues affording wards/dust/whatever and you can build him with damned near anything. His easy APM makes it really easy for him to get a quick Meka or Pipe if that's what your team needs, or he can go for a fast Armlet to punch people to death, etc.

And he seriously has one of the best ultimates in the game. 1500 damage with scepter at level 16, it completely disables the target - spells, passives, and even items - and once you get Refresher... basically every 5v5 turns into a 3v5.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

im not sure if you understand what flash farm is

jungling as doom is forcing your team to play 4v5 for 15-20min
    IF he gets good creep MAYBE he can gank IF he still have enough mana
    and what after?
    hes not really a pusher nor strong ganker like rest of the junglers

as for laning
    imo he is not picked even after buffs because he lacks reliable stun and good aoe
    old school tanky radiance carry is out of the question now and why would you choose doom if you can get maguns/sven ^^?
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-12-06 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    im not sure if you understand what flash farm is
    The ability to disappear and turn up five minutes later with a 6000 gold item, which Doomy can easily do. He gets more than 300 gpm from Devour and Midas alone. He won't beat Alchemist or Anti-Mage but he can easily keep up with Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    The ability to disappear and turn up five minutes later with a 6000 gold item, which Doomy can easily do. He gets more than 300 gpm from Devour and Midas alone. He won't beat Alchemist or Anti-Mage but he can easily keep up with Profit.
    Doom is an AFK farmer and he forces your team to play 4v5 for 15 minutes, he has no capability to gank if he jungle since he wont have any mana.

Flash farming is what Anti-Mage does and kill creeps in the jungle between creep waves.

Awful lot of Doom underestimation going on up in this here thread. He is no more or less AFK farmy than Lycan, who was considered a huge pick until they cut his wolves in half, and is probably still considered solid by many as his jungle still works. By the time Lycan farms vlads/BKB/medallion if he does that Luci can easily have ten thousand gold in items. Let's not forget radiance isn't the only item Doom can buy, an early Lothar's and you can alpha wolf crit for 800 on someone around the 15 minute mark, there really is no comparison for the giant truck Doom can become in a very short amount of time.

Let's also not forget he can solo safe lane against almost anything, dipping out to eat a big creep every few waves while his jungler cleans up. Even if he gets heavily denied he can keep up in exp/gold with devour. I realize everyone is still stuck on LoL meta with the support and hard carry safe lanes but things will change.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-12-06 at 09:32 AM.

Lycan still had mana so he could gank as soon as he had his ult. He could also push towers early. Doom does not have that. On lvl 6 he could probably save mana while jungling so he can use his ult. But he can not use any other skills because he would be oom. Doom might be great after 15 minutes but before then he doesnt impact the game at all. 15 minutes is a long time in DotA.

Doom in lane is great though but then you have to take him instead of other farmers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Lycan still had mana so he could gank as soon as he had his ult. He could also push towers early. Doom does not have that. On lvl 6 he could probably save mana while jungling so he can use his ult. But he can not use any other skills because he would be oom. Doom might be great after 15 minutes but before then he doesnt impact the game at all. 15 minutes is a long time in DotA.

Doom in lane is great though but then you have to take him instead of other farmers.
    Doomy doesn't use much mana while jungling unless you want to. Once you get basilius and your regen item (ring of health or tranquil boots are the usual suspects), you don't need to use scorched earth to heal, and once you have gloves of haste for your midas, you don't need it for DPS either. You should have basilius and mana concerns taken care of before you hit level 6, and you can gank at level 1 with a troll net if you'd like - 2 seconds of being stuck in place can easily equal first blood, especially if you can stack something like split earth or even a sunstrike on it.

Assuming you don't have to buy chicken or wards for your team, it's easy to leave base with quelling blade, ring of protection, and tangos which will easily keep you in business until you've pretty much finished your midas.

Doomy is also effective at early pushing with troll skeletons. They're squishy but they do a pretty significant amount of DPS for what they are, and you can have two sets of them running around at any given time as long as you have corpses to use and some extra mana. Scorched earth also damages entire creep waves, devour instantly kills creeps, you could take centaur or wildkin auras, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Doom might be great after 15 minutes but before then he doesnt impact the game at all. 15 minutes is a long time in DotA.
    Most hard carries disappear more than 20 mins(unless you get some early kills). I don't see how its THAT bad when you pick doom as hard carry and disappear 15 mins. Also doom's contribution to team fights is not that crippled while farming. If you spend your mana conservatively(means only eat creeps) and get some low level regen items. You will be just fine. I never play doom as hard carry tho.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-06 at 11:35 AM.

I suppose people don't like him because he doesn't have a stun and the game seems to revolving around them lately, same trend that happened back in DotA around 6.70.
    I think that's a pretty wild assessment considering there's plenty of heroes without stuns that are very popular right now.

@Pizzashark I'm not sure who has been saying that Sven is bad.

I suppose Doom just isn't popular right now. There may be some reasons for that, considering he was once popular, but I very much doubt anyone besides Puppey would jungle him even now. Actually, to be entirely fair, Doom might not quite be 'in the meta' right now if you will take that excuse, but he still clearly has potential. Consider that everybody thought Luna was a joke pick from Zhou - no one else thought she was competitive material - but they kept picking her and now some even say she's OP.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-12-06 at 12:37 PM.

1st LGD.int official game and Orange is trolling them so hard ;c

LGD.int did play in the G-League qualifiers (and won), but I don't think those were casted in casted in English. Their series vs MUFC yesterday was pretty good, though.

Also, that second game of LGD.cn vs MUFC was funny. Rapier Gyro > megacreeps.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-12-06 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Most hard carries disappear more than 20 mins(unless you get some early kills). I don't see how its THAT bad when you pick doom as hard carry and disappear 15 mins. Also doom's contribution to team fights is not that crippled while farming. If you spend your mana conservatively(means only eat creeps) and get some low level regen items. You will be just fine. I never play doom as hard carry tho.
    Yeah I've never been a fan of hard carry Doomy like Lysah seems to have fun with. I tried that Lothars build and I just had a lot of difficulty juggling all the different mana costs... never really noticed Lothars had a significant mana cost til I tried it on Doomy.

I've honestly always enjoyed playing an almost support-like build with him, almost like Dazzle or Omni. He can get major items like Meka or Pipe really fast (like in 15 minutes, especially if you skip Midas), at a stage when they're gonna make a really big impact on teamfights and pushes. Devour is also basically a free set of wards every 40 sec, and since I've never felt comfortable being a hard carry on him, I like getting that sick Shiva+Refresher+Scepter (you can swap shiva and scepter's positions but refresher should always be second) combo to really dick the enemy team in those 30-40 minute teamfights.

Plus, playing him as other than a hard carry gives you more versatility since you can use more creeps instead of REQUIRING alpha wolf at all times. Troll skills in particular are really nice... those skeletons are so underestimated when you're pushing down outer towers.

Did you skill lvl?worthless? I pop armlet, lothar in and right click to win. Doom on heroes who you need it for, it's basically a reverse BKB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you skill lvl?worthless? I pop armlet, lothar in and right click to win. Doom on heroes who you need it for, it's basically a reverse BKB.
    I almost always put a single point into it for the microstun after maxing the other skills. I actually think it's a very powerful skill after its buff, especially into the midgame. If you've got mana to support it, blasting someone every 8 seconds for roughly 20% of their HP (it works out to be about 20% when counting the base damage and base magic resist on enemies) is amazingly potent and can guarantee a Doom kill even if their teammates are standing by to deny it (or guarantee they'll bleed out before teammates can get to them for the deny.)

It's probably less important in the first 20 minutes where most nukes are gonna do about 20% of someone's HP, anyway. But being able to pound that 1600 HP carry for 320 damage every 8 sec on top of everything else is pretty good. It's even better if you can back to back them with a Refresher - two people are Doomed (the carry probably being one of them) and their carry just instantly lost 40% of their HP before the fight even started.

I can't justify skilling something that hits for about the same as an auto attack, maybe less for most of the game. The micro stun is worth one point if they have a hero like rhasta, maybe. In my opinion, Doom's role in a team is to shatter whatever their core is. If they are relying on a blink enigma or tide you get radiance and blink yourself and you jump in and doom that hero and right click to win. You disable their initiator and you force them to focus on you while your real carry goes to town. If they rely on a hero like Antimage you run around with windwalk and kill him in two swings while he has 700 health. Carry Luci shouldn't be thought of as the team's carry, he's really just the team's tank, forcing people to focus him because he will kill people in two hits. Between the enormous silence of his ultimate and his enormous damage he can easily take at least one person out of the fight, his choice.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-12-06 at 04:29 PM.