Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    i wish it was as easy as you say ;_;
    creep is almost always under enemy tower and when you pick carry someone random in last second *void* and steals your farm ;c
    Sounds like all the people complaining are the problem themselves and don't see it lol.

"creep is almost always under enemy tower" ? What? ... steal your farm as void? What?

You don't steal farm as void, you get farm. You are a hard carry. If they are getting the farm, and you are a hard carry also, and believe you should be getting it, ask yourself this question "Why don't I get it". It is because you clearly cannot last hit well enough, so let them farm, because they are better than you.

If the creep is under the enemy tower, then learn to deny, block, pull, and stop auto attacking.

And queue with a friend once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

This game needs a "vote kick" feature.
    Just had a game with a Doombringer whose only intention was to feed. First he ran to Roshan to get himself killed, then he ran in the lanes to get himself killed,... At the end of minute 7 he was 0-10-0, lvl 1 with no items. He did this feeding on purpose. And to make things worse the enemy team seemed to enjoy getting this farm and therefore pwning us all so they didnt really pushed. After 20 mins all tier 2 towers were still intact, we just killed stuff or feeded now to to avoid abandon. Enemy team still didnt want to end it. I took the abandon at the end, I have better things to do.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2012-12-10 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    You don't steal farm as void, you get farm. You are a hard carry. If they are getting the farm, and you are a hard carry also, and believe you should be getting it, ask yourself this question "Why don't I get it". It is because you clearly cannot last hit well enough, so let them farm, because they are better than you.
    well i used wrong word
    hes not stealing farm just making last hiting annoying as fuck trying to steal farm (and melee always have easy time vs ranged)

If the creep is under the enemy tower, then learn to deny, block, pull, and stop auto attacking.
    kinda hard to deny creeps on side lanes while you are sitting on mid ?

And queue with a friend once in a while.
    i play with friends almost exclusively, as i said above this does not happen if im playing on my main acc (and i play support unless im solo queueing)
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-12-10 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    how come?
    It is entirely possible to be professional at what you are doing while also having fun.
    I disagree. When you play to win you are not playing to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I disagree. When you play to win you are not playing to have fun.
    well, imo its a matter of personal experience.
    It is entirely up to you if you can or not have fun while being srious, and Im damn sure it is possible to do it.
    Take a look at Na'Vi, for example, they are enjoying every minute of game.

well i used wrong word
    hes not stealing farm just making last hiting annoying as fuck trying to steal farm (and melee always have easy time vs ranged)

kinda hard to deny creeps on side lanes while you are sitting on mid ?

i play with friends almost exclusively, as i said above this does not happen if im playing on my main acc (and i play support unless im solo queueing)
    You are in mid with a void stealing farm? You are playing with friends and your friend is playing void in mid stealing your farm? You don't know that you can pull mid as well? You know that unless you actively push mid it will defend itself, pretty quickly, as the tower shoots approx to the distance that the higher ground is visible from the other side of the river.

I am confused. You're either bad or you aren't. It sounds like you want to be seen as not bad, but in actuality are.
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

well, imo its a matter of personal experience.
    It is entirely up to you if you can or not have fun while being srious, and Im damn sure it is possible to do it.
    Take a look at Na'Vi, for example, they are enjoying every minute of game.
    That's what they tell you, anyway.

You are in mid with a void stealing farm? You are playing with friends and your friend is playing void in mid stealing your farm? You don't know that you can pull mid as well? You know that unless you actively push mid it will defend itself, pretty quickly, as the tower shoots approx to the distance that the higher ground is visible from the other side of the river.

I am confused. You're either bad or you aren't. It sounds like you want to be seen as not bad, but in actuality are.
    those were just examples of ppl you have to deal with in low bracket....

e.g.1
    i already took carry and game almost started someone (not my friend) picks another carry and goes to my lane making farming hard for both of us
    e.g.2
    im on mid lane and side lanes are constantly pushing wave under enemy tower
    how im supposed to gank efficiently? sure i can try baskstab but more than often my allies on lane cant even see pings ;s

and again
    im talking here about low lvl bracket where i play with friend on smurf account
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-12-10 at 05:30 PM.

besides, whats not to enjoy?
    If you are so hell-bent(or "determined") on winning, you are losing the fun, the interesting part of a game - the game process itself, decisions, communication, musing about your moves, opponents moves, etc etc.
    Im almost always having fun while striving to win.
    All that robs me of my fun are 2 things:
    1. retard allies
    2. no-challenge opponents

Deleted
    besides, whats not to enjoy?
    If you are so hell-bent(or "determined") on winning, you are losing the fun, the interesting part of a game - the game process itself, decisions, communication, musing about your moves, opponents moves, etc etc.
    Im almost always having fun while striving to win.
    All that robs me of my fun are 2 things:
    1. retard allies
    2. no-challenge opponents
    And what robs me of my fun is you, constantly spatting your nonsense in the chat, your rage.
    When you play to win you limit yourself to certain heroes, certain play-stiles of said heroes and certain item builds.
    e.g. vengeful spirit is my favorite carry, whenever I want to play here that way i get bullshit at the start of a game, later they shut up because we are winning.
    Carry abbadon, CM bomb [dagger/BKB] combo, etc etc
    Warding, when I babysit you on a lane and you get an idiotic amount of creeps i expect you to get the next ward, i also expect mid to get wards, stop saying things like it will ruin your farm it's 150 gold that you have only because i helped you get it.

The problem with this game are the goddamn stats, people are obsessed with their K/D/A with their win/loss. You can't even form funny strategies in DOTA2 like a lvl 1 mid push team, or a fun all invis team. If your gonna play this game with a textbook based on guides and pro games in your lap then please stack with your friends, there is a reason why the word pub is used, find a private league and play and leave the shenanigans to us pub lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    And what robs me of my fun is you, constantly spatting your nonsense in the chat, your rage.
    lets find out here and now: you hate me perosnally, or the whole (russian)playerbase in my person?
    Cuz I dont get why so much animosity towards me.

When you play to win you limit yourself to certain heroes, certain play-stiles of said heroes and certain item builds.
    e.g. vengeful spirit is my favorite carry, whenever I want to play here that way i get bullshit at the start of a game, later they shut up because we are winning.
    That is entierly up to you if you can/can not for up a funny yet effective comp/strategy

Warding, when I babysit you on a lane and you get an idiotic amount of creeps i expect you to get the next ward, i also expect mid to get wards, stop saying things like it will ruin your farm it's 150 gold that you have only because i helped you get it.
    whoa...

The problem with this game are the goddamn stats, people are obsessed with their K/D/A with their win/loss. You can't even form funny strategies in DOTA2 like a lvl 1 mid push team, or a fun all invis team. If your gonna play this game with a textbook based on guides and pro games in your lap then please stack with your friends, there is a reason why the word pub is used, find a private league and play and leave the shenanigans to us pub lovers
    the problem with this game is not a single thing.
    First off, its level of knowledge required to be even remotely enlightened and theoretically capable of playing on at least medium level.
    And last, but not least, its the simple fact that on internets(and in MMO)(and in real life tbh) people are mostly stupid jerks, idiots, retards, and it is the sad truth of our life.

those were just examples of ppl you have to deal with in low bracket....

e.g.1
    i already took carry and game almost started someone (not my friend) picks another carry or and goes to my lane making farming hard for both of us
    e.g.2
    im on mid lane and side lanes are constantly pushing wave under enemy tower
    how im supposed to gank efficiently? sure i can try baskstab but more than often my allies on lane cant even see pings ;s

and again
    im talking here about low lvl bracket where i play with friend on smurf account
    So you're playing with lesser people on a lesser account and complaining? Play with better people or teach them. Don't come and complain about it, when you're apparently choosing to do it.

(Although I don't believe for a second you even have a smurf account, because you wouldn't complain about this stuff, you would expect it, the same way I expect it when I queue with my friends who I have just introduced to the game)

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 05:14 PM ----------

lets find out here and now: you hate me perosnally, or the whole (russian)playerbase in my person?
    Cuz I dont get why so much animosity towards me.

That is entierly up to you if you can/can not for up a funny yet effective comp/strategy

whoa...

the problem with this game is not a single thing.
    First off, its level of knowledge required to be even remotely enlightened and theoretically capable of playing on at least medium level.
    And last, but not least, its the simple fact that on internets(and in MMO)(and in real life tbh) people are mostly stupid jerks, idiots, retards, and it is the sad truth of our life.
    Me and my friends get more and more annoyed by the Russian community. I have no Russian on my friends list, because all of them are abusive, even the ones that speak English. The only word I have learnt from playing with Russians so far is "CYKA".

Don't come and complain about it, when you're apparently choosing to do it.
    i just made a response to someone else post ;3?

because you wouldn't complain about this stuff, you would expect it
    i expect snow during winter
    apparently i cant complain about it

Although I don't believe for a second you even have a smurf account
    take a guess how much i care

@Sackman, you really need to read what you quote before you reply.

Ruining the fun for other people is not automagically excused by the fact that you're in a public game with other people. If you want to fuck around, stack with friends. See, I can do that too!

Me and my friends get more and more annoyed by the Russian community. I have no Russian on my friends list, because all of them are abusive, even the ones that speak English. The only word I have learnt from playing with Russians so far is "CYKA".
    Are you playing to win or to get better? If you want to get better, getting upset at your supposedly Russian team-mates will give you nothing. You won't become a better player unless you focus on your own play. It means fuck all to go 25-0 and lose if you're going to blame your team. They might be at fault for you losing, but if your goal is to get better at the game - why do you care about the team mates you do not know (and probably will never play with again)?

Apparently Valve worked on getting Dota 2 to tablets, that'd be interesting. I guess it'd be fine if you limited people to play against other people using tablets, much like people in Call of Duty or Battlefield on console.

And who the fuck are you to tell me what I enjoy or not?

If I enjoy playing competitively, striving to do my best, then who are you to tell me I don't?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    And who the fuck are you to tell me what I enjoy or not?

If I enjoy playing competitively, striving to do my best, then who are you to tell me I don't?
    You'd have to be pretty messed up to constantly enjoy Chinese DotA training regiments. There was an interview with Pajkatt on Swedish radio and he basically plays from waking up to very late in the evening with only one day a week off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    You'd have to be pretty messed up to constantly enjoy Chinese DotA training regiments. There was an interview with Pajkatt on Swedish radio and he basically plays from waking up to very late in the evening with only one day a week off.
    He earns a substantial amount more doing so than any regular job in Sweden with his non-existant university education. He's also treated as a celebrity and has most everything paid for him. I suppose our definition of "messed up" differs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    He earns a substantial amount more doing so than any regular job in Sweden with his non-existant university education. He's also treated as a celebrity and has most everything paid for him. I suppose our definition of "messed up" differs.
    Enjoying the effects does not mean enjoying the labor.

I am in no way responsible for my сountrymen, nor are you for your ones.
    So please, dont blame it on russians/brasilians/whatever.
    Just grasp this basic concept: no matter what language your teammates speak, if they suck at game/hero/current matchup, there is a decent chance they would suck even if they spoke like natural born englishmen.

Hate is for weak, strong ones brush it aside.
    stay mighty ;[