Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Did you really just compared: "Blocking an alphabet on servers designed for an area where not even 1 promille of the target group understand that language" with "Camps designed to massmurder people"? Wow just wow.

You could still queue for those realms, where is the region lock? If somebody chooses to not want to queue on this realms anymore, because he can no longer communicate properly(which he probably couldnt beforhand) than yes thats exactly what I am intending.

In that particular situation there are 2 people completely blocked out of team communication. And if you had that situation that you really really want to talk cyrillic: Why is it such an unacceptable act to just queue for the russian server then? Ignoring them is no solution, it would be as bad as the status quo. Not being able to read anything from the team is like being on ignore. It wouldnt make the situation any better.
    message wheel is all you need to communicate on required level.
    if you are annoyed by cyrillic alphabet(wow just wow) - go ahead and put on mute every single one who dares to insult your vision with said letters.
    dont bloat it out, solution is right in front of you.

And if you had that situation that you really really want to talk cyrillic: Why is it such an unacceptable act to just queue for the russian server then? Ignoring them is no solution, it would be as bad as the status quo. Not being able to read anything from the team is like being on ignore. It wouldnt make the situation any better.
    I would rather non-English speaker Russians in Russian servers as well but they don't queue in there. What you can do about it? In that particular example I gave, assume that premade group can't speak English. They will either use voice chat or won't communicate at all. In the end, it won't prevent them que'ing in EU servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    message wheel is all you need to communicate on required level.
    if you are annoyed by cyrillic alphabet(wow just wow) - go ahead and put on mute every single one who dares to insult your vision with said letters.
    dont bloat it out, solution is right in front of you.
    I use the chat wheel, most people dont even know it exists.
    And I really dont know where you get that from, that I am annoyed by the alphabet per se. Do you honestly believe I have something against plain letters? Its the usage despite knowing nobody in the team understands you which is a thorn in my eye. Said people also never ever use the chat wheel(although me explaining how it works)

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I would rather non-English speaker Russians in Russian servers as well but they don't queue in there. What you can do about it? In that particular example I gave, assume that premade group can't speak English. They will either use voice chat or won't communicate at all. In the end, it won't prevent them que'ing in EU servers.
    I would say its worth a try. Never underestimate the power of convenience ( or the lack of it). Not being able to type a quick warning(although it could not be understand anyway by the other 2) can be quite frustrating. There is a huge psychological difference between speaking and not being understood and not being able to speak at all.

I use the chat wheel, most people dont even know it exists.
    And I really dont know where you get that from, that I am annoyed by the alphabet per se. Do you honestly believe I have something against plain letters? Its the usage despite knowing nobody in the team understands you which is a thorn in my eye. Said people also never ever use the chat wheel(although me explaining how it works)
    Use the wheel more, so people can get educated and enlightened, for feth's sake.
    I dont know if you're against cyrillic alphabet or not, I was just jokingly trying to hint that you can in fact, ignore it if you dont like it.

edit:
    here's a question for you, there are two countries near Russia - Ukraine(with Ukrainiane language) and Belorussia(with Belorussian language), do you suggest players from said countries learn russian language , or do they learn english so they can play since they dont have their very own servers ?))
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2012-12-15 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you use this chat wheel?
    I remember seeing a video about it on DOTAcinema, but last night I couldn't work out how to get it working.

Glad that Shreader is finally in the game, missed his woodchopping ways.
    Treant Protector, fear me!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    How do you use this chat wheel?
    I remember seeing a video about it on DOTAcinema, but last night I couldn't work out how to get it working.

Glad that Shreader is finally in the game, missed his woodchopping ways.
    Treant Protector, fear me!
    default hotkey is Y iirc

10+ Year Old Account
    In that particular situation there are 2 people completely blocked out of team communication. And if you had that situation that you really really want to talk cyrillic: Why is it such an unacceptable act to just queue for the russian server then? Ignoring them is no solution, it would be as bad as the status quo. Not being able to read anything from the team is like being on ignore. It wouldnt make the situation any better.
    Completely blocked? Are you serious? Since when you need to know english to communicate in dota? Or you want to talk about weather while farming? All you need to comunicate is chat wheel (or "SS, dust please, wards please, arcane now, smoke now, baron, gank" package of words). And speaking about russian players, they know how to comunicate with you, but some people (not only russians btw) just ignorant or angry or stupid or they don't want to talk in english or needs to went out right now, or want to say something to their russian-speaking teammate (sometimes even not related to gaming). If you are angry about seing alphabetical symbols, you have a problem
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2012-12-15 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Completely blocked? Are you serious? Since when you need to know english to communicate in dota? Or you want to talk about weather while farming? All you need to comunicate is chat wheel (or "SS, dust please, wards please, arcane now, smoke now, baron, gank" package of words). And speaking about russian players, they know how to comunicate with you, but some people (not only russians btw) just ignorant or angry or stupid or they don't want to talk in english or needs to went out right now, or want to say something to their russian-speaking teammate (sometimes even not related to gaming). If you are angry about seing alphabetical symbols, you have a problem
    It's not really the issue that they can't communicate, it's just that they choose not to, in addition to them doing stupid things such as trying to 1v5 the enemy team.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It's not really the issue that they can't communicate, it's just that they choose not to, in addition to them doing stupid things such as trying to 1v5 the enemy team.
    Not just the fact that they try to 1v5 the enemy team.

But the fact that they will insult your mother because you didn't charge into the enemy team with them to feed two kills instead of one. :P

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfInvocation View Post
    Not just the fact that they try to 1v5 the enemy team.

But the fact that they will insult your mother because you didn't charge into the enemy team with them to feed two kills instead of one. :P
    do only russians act in such a manner?
    Because you sound like this game consists only of russians who act like beheaded chickens all the while swearing and cursing like a docker.

@Storm the Sorrow
    could you explain why "fuckin americano" is an insult ;s ? (on EU servers,lol)
    its amusing but i really want to know the story behind it

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    @Storm the Sorrow
    could you explain why "fuckin americano" is an insult ;s ? (on EU servers,lol)
    its amusing but i really want to know the story behind it
    Dunno lol, but I think it falls in the same cathegory as "fething russian"
    I am.. a bit more creative with swearing.

On the European server typically if you queue solo your enjoyment is directly related to how many Russians are on your team.

If there is 4 people on your team who are Russian then prepare to be spammed in a language you don't understand and for them to be unable to comprehend that there is a Russian server where they can speak in Russian without destroying the fun of non Russians.

I'm fine with Russians playing however there is absolutely nowhere English speakers can play.
    Last edited by Olliver; 2012-12-16 at 12:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

After seeing this image where it said only 3% plays RD i switched to it and man these games were so good , every one spoke English and we even turned one game around. People ward, counter ward, buy couriers instantly and the best thing no one picks 5carries. I even saw a few Russians (no offence) but they never said a word in Cyrillic they talked the whole time in English, even when i lost one game it was fun. I played a lot of CM the past month with my friends but there's just a bigger chance you will get some captain that has no clue and will not respond to suggestion so yeah RD is the best matchmaking mode for me atm, i suggest trying it out .

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

OMW to try random draft. I am sick of 40 min-farm naixes, furions etc. Leaving team 3vs5 and then blame you for feed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    OMW to try random draft. I am sick of 40 min-farm naixes, furions etc. Leaving team 3vs5 and then blame you for feed.
    It's the best when you barely hold on to your raxes for 40 minutes and then your furion, naix or whatever comes out from the jungle
    with hand of midas, treads and a shadowblade. He dies once and starts to rage in all-chat how his team is useless

I've been playing support heroes recently (jakiro, wisp and shadow shaman in particular) and my win/loss has tanked massively. It's amusing to me that everybody tends to pick carries and then rage at no support, but as soon as you play support the carries quickly turn out to be awful. Actually, its not very amusing nor surprising.

Those numbers don't surprise me. DOTA2 has absolute shit for Asia servers, the latency sucks. For the massive Chinese player base, 150-200 MS is unacceptable. Their Shanghai servers are still broken (Last I checked was a month ago when I stopped giving a fuck about DOTA2). The only western gaming company that really cares about Asian gamers is Blizzard Allstars, which will no doubt offer better gaming servers.

I have the best internet connection I can buy in my city (10 mb/s) and I can't play DOTA without lagging out. HON games on EU/USW servers have better latency. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Those numbers don't surprise me. DOTA2 has absolute shit for Asia servers, the latency sucks. For the massive Chinese player base, 150-200 MS is unacceptable. Their Shanghai servers are still broken (Last I checked was a month ago when I stopped giving a fuck about DOTA2). The only western gaming company that really cares about Asian gamers is Blizzard Allstars, which will no doubt offer better gaming servers.

I have the best internet connection I can buy in my city (10 mb/s) and I can't play DOTA without lagging out. HON games on EU/USW servers have better latency. Pathetic.
    You know China is going to get its own version of Dota2 from Perfect World?
    The game isnt technically available in China yet, thats why theres no servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

i have Kantusa the Script Sword for trade if anyone is interested
    25keys