I've several Greevils, using my Seraphic with the fairly lucky combination of Hook + Purification + Phantom Strike. The game mode seems to be much better thought out than vanilla Diretide and has fewer game-breaking bugs, no lane farming, no massive imbalances, no mandatory boss killing in the end. The games are pretty fast too, although I played games where it was back and forth teamfight mayhem for the first 5 minutes without anyone getting a score.

I imagine having a bad Greevil would hurt a bit, but at least the randomness of items keeps the chances of winning a bit more even and you can always make up for it by picking huge teamfight heroes.

If you're new to the mode, remember to change between your hero and your Greevil often. They have separate health/mana, they regenerate while not being used and their cooldowns count down. Also, your Greevil is often a lot tankier than your hero so starting in that form might be a good idea. I randomed Storm Spirit earlier and could just zip away all my mana, blink around as a Greevil for a while and switch back to full mana SS.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-12-20 at 02:28 AM.

I really enjoyed this event thus far. It is always really impressing to me for a game developer to hotfix issues on the fly as they arise (Juggernaut would one-hit greevils), and hey - free hats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I imagine having a bad Greevil would hurt a bit, but at least the randomness of items keeps the chances of winning a bit more even and you can always make up for it by picking huge teamfight heroes.
    The RNG on items can also throw games away, i.e. getting randomed an Aghanim's on a hero which doesn't benefit from it.

Is Divine Rapier one of the possible RNG items you can get in this mode? Would be a bitch if your team is up 10-0 and the enemy gets randomed a Rapier. Or two. Or more.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The RNG on items can also throw games away, i.e. getting randomed an Aghanim's on a hero which doesn't benefit from it.

Is Divine Rapier one of the possible RNG items you can get in this mode? Would be a bitch if your team is up 10-0 and the enemy gets randomed a Rapier. Or two. Or more.
    Yes, I had a Rapier game earlier. We still won though, it is not that big of a deal. If you want to utilize the Rapier you need to use your hero, which is squishy.

i got 2 battle points, Drow hair spike and a Greevil egg.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

yeah 2 battle points and dragon knigth shield, from a loser gifg btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Polycount sets. Hate the Crystal Maiden set, looks fucking stupid. The rest are pretty good... probably give the overall win to either Rhasta or Thrall, really tough choice between those two.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

So I just tried this new mode. Pretty hillarious once you get the hang of it and team isn't retarded. Got a question though. How do you get those essences needed to customize the greevil? I didn't play a single diretide so I'm new to this stuff.

credits: Supernerd

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Maybe for you, I do something against the norm people freak the fuck out. Witch Doctor is a support, play him as support!!! No no, I no play hem as support (gotta do this in Consuela's voices from family guy). GG games over, witch doctor is a nub.... Happens every time. Or, tiny is not carry, is support, get support items plz. No, doing a carry build. Lane partner decides to feed/rage quit/whine rest of game. Its pritty much shit like that, I always seem to get the people stuck in one mind set and won't adapt. In a Ursa game I did, got a mkb to counter their riki/pa (they had both....) got bitched at because it was "out side the norm"

Sounds like you just want to play every character as a carry, which isn't against the norm at all lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    So I just tried this new mode. Pretty hillarious once you get the hang of it and team isn't retarded. Got a question though. How do you get those essences needed to customize the greevil? I didn't play a single diretide so I'm new to this stuff.
    You can either trade with people or play the new mode. I'm not sure if you can actually still get eggs without paying for them or trading your way to them though.

Just had the random luck of my life in greevilings. Tiny with Mjollnir, Abyssal Blade, Assaul Cuirass and Heart of Tarrasque.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    You can either trade with people or play the new mode. I'm not sure if you can actually still get eggs without paying for them or trading your way to them though.
    Yeah I got the egg no problem but essences were what was bugging me. Anyway, anyone knows if there is some sort of list with what essence combos is needed for which greevil?

credits: Supernerd

First game on this event and I get mega-kills axe announcer \o/

Edit: to the above question:

http://www.dotacinema.com/news/guide-to-greevils

Deleted
    Just got this game for free out of no where whoohoo! going to play it now

So, I tried the new game mode, I read the instructions but didn't feel a lot wiser so I thought I'd ask.

Me: "Does anyone know how this works?"
    Drow: "stfu"

That was the only answer I got. Dota 2 playerbase in a nutshell, if anything...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    So, I tried the new game mode, I read the instructions but didn't feel a lot wiser so I thought I'd ask.

Not quite, the stfu needs to be in Cyrillic. Then it's 99% of the player in a nutshell (From my experience anyway)

Deleted
    The new mode is pretty fun and if you have a really shitty greevil, like mine with 3 stat things and Rot, Ice wall, Bloodlust just pick some strong team fight heroes

KotL won me every game until now, Dirge and Tiny too. But still KotL the best results even with Armlet, Divine Rapier and Sange a. Yasha. That game was hella fun :P

I randomed Wisp and Shadow Fiend, they didn't seem all that potent in this game mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post

Basically, everyone gets a sock at the start with some kind of boots + other items like ice skates which make you faster on ice, etc.
    Everyone has 3 skills which are seemingly randomly generated (people are reporting that their exactly-the-same-greevils have different spells) but the +stats you get seem dependent on the essences.
    3 camps in 1 jungle spawns and 2 camps in other, alternating between rounds.
    Getting the lasthit on the last Greevil in a camp nets your team a point, the first to 11 points wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Just got this game for free out of no where whoohoo! going to play it now
    I hope you enjoy =D

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I randomed Wisp and Shadow Fiend, they didn't seem all that potent in this game mode.
    I imagine Wisp could be good if your Greevil has Laguna Blade or some other easy steal spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    My naked greevil was really bad he had rot and warlocks chain thing all lvl 1 -.- until they patched in something a hour ago where you get random third spell , got a few rares from this mode and unnusual essence that im trying to sell on community market !

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue