10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, or is Phase Boots + Drums + Wand basically the best generic item build for support/utility heroes? Move speed, attack damage, attack speed, and a heap of stats for low cost. Just seems to work so damned well on any hero with a good attack animation like Shadow Demon or Dazzle.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Is it just me, or is Phase Boots + Drums + Wand basically the best generic item build for support/utility heroes? Move speed, attack damage, attack speed, and a heap of stats for low cost. Just seems to work so damned well on any hero with a good attack animation like Shadow Demon or Dazzle.
    I'd consider those pretty much luxury items, but yeah they are pretty good. I'd rather take mana boots tho.

Boots of speed, wards and wand. Full item set!

Phase boots, despite being amazing for support, can be not as effective as mana boots, it depends who and where you lane, VS who you lane, etc.

generic- sure, always the best - hardly. also drums is quite expensive(considering you go pb-wand-) and unless you have some carries that benefit from them it might be better to go in a different direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Phase boots, despite being amazing for support, can be not as effective as mana boots, it depends who and where you lane, VS who you lane, etc.

generic- sure, always the best - hardly. also drums is quite expensive(considering you go pb-wand-) and unless you have some carries that benefit from them it might be better to go in a different direction.
    Yeah, it's the good thing about Dota... there's no one set item build and sometimes not even one set skill build. I just feel that for a lot of heroes like Windrunner, Shadow Demon, Dazzle, and even Thrall, you don't really need the mana regen from manaboots, while you really benefit from the damage and speed from phase since all of those heroes have really good attack animations. I actually tend to get something else other than wand... maybe it's just because I'm playing pubs/soloqueue, I just never seem to get enough use out of wand to really justify it, and the branches I start with turn into Meka as often as not, anyway.

I hope Dazzle sees more use in pro games. He's such a fun damned hero and I personally think he's a really underestimated solo mid.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Well, they'd have to make not communicating in English a bannable offense first. I personally do not communicate besides a "glhf" in the start, and perhaps a "gg wp". I am perfectly able, but choose not to. Should I also be banned from queueing? Is typing in cyrillic different from not communicating? Obviously it is, but does it impact your game differently? For better or for worse? Why?

Granted, I very seldom soloqueue. I utilize voice com, and usually find myself completely ignoring other random players when playing with a stack.

I guess we just have different viewpoints. Regardless, if you want to improve, your team mates shouldn't matter. Focus on your own gameplay, even if that loss was the fault of that russian guy who refused to listen to reason or speak to you in English. You are not trying to make him a better player after all, correct?
    Playing with russians who neither can communicate, and has really bad decision making and people following the russian into fights and feeding constantly.(When they try to communicate with pinging the map..)

If i make a mistake, I know I did. But since this is a team game, where every effort matters from your team then you can't go about and solo in the game.

Someone constantly typing in Cyrillic text is annoying, especially when it's russian.

And as i said, typing in cyrillic text where you don't apologize for it or anything (Which they NEVER do), that should be bannable to be honest. As it's a teamgame where I, MYSELF, don't want to base EVERY game on luck whether they will follow my pings and understand my writing/what i say in com..

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    No it wouldnt and automotive systems would work to sort out the useless reports with the legit ones. Programming is way more advanced then you seem to know.
    I think this is my second time see you talking about automated language recognition systems and how easy to design such systems under the justification of "age of computers". You, clearly, have no idea how complex to process natural languages. Not to mention you will see tons of misspelling which is hard to identify. Such systems are not "simple scripts" as you claimed and would require a lot of work to make it reliable. Human resource is a must if you want to make it work so please stop this non-sense.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-26 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    Playing with russians who neither can communicate, and has really bad decision making and people following the russian into fights and feeding constantly.(When they try to communicate with pinging the map..)

If i make a mistake, I know I did. But since this is a team game, where every effort matters from your team then you can't go about and solo in the game.

Someone constantly typing in Cyrillic text is annoying, especially when it's russian.

And as i said, typing in cyrillic text where you don't apologize for it or anything (Which they NEVER do), that should be bannable to be honest. As it's a teamgame where I, MYSELF, don't want to base EVERY game on luck whether they will follow my pings and understand my writing/what i say in com..
    I demand bad players apologise every time they make a mistake, then
    or lets ban bad players)
    like,Joey picks Riki, buys boots, goes solo mid, gets 1 day ban

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I demand bad players apologise every time they make a mistake, then
    or lets ban bad players)
    like,Joey picks Riki, buys boots, goes solo mid, gets 1 day ban
    Your rhetorics honestly are really terrible. Try putting some thought into what you're writing or don't post at all because in my mind you're doing a bad job at acting as a spokesperson for the CIS community. I have nothing against CIS players, but if I did, I imagine you would be making it worse.

Sorry if this seems too offensive, but you really don't seem to put any effort into your posts and it really shows as a lack of cohesiveness.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-12-26 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Your rhetorics honestly are really terrible. Try putting some thought into what you're writing or don't post at all because in my mind you're doing a bad job at acting as a spokesperson for the CIS community. I have nothing against CIS players, but if I did, I imagine you would be making it worse.

Sorry if this seems too offensive, but you really don't seem to put any effort into your posts and it really shows as a lack of cohesiveness.
    Do you really think my rhetorics are bad?
    Because if mine are bad, then what can you say about ones claiming nonsence as the likes of "ban russians", or "feth russians", "russians ruined my life", or "I want valve to make a system which bans for typing in cyrlillic" etc etc yada yada bs with which this topic is actually littered with?

Well, I'll consider your point, nevertheless.
    good day to you, too.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2012-12-26 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    Do you really think my rhetorics are bad?
    Because if mine are bad, then what can you say about ones claiming nonsence as the likes of "ban russians", or "feth russians", "russians ruined my life", or "I want valve to make a system which bans for typing in cyrlillic" etc etc yada yada bs with which this topic is actually littered with?

Well, I'll consider your point, nevertheless. because ad hominem is fun and mature.
    good day to you, too.
    Those sort of posts are ridiculous but you are not helping in any way to change those people's opinions, you're just reinforcing it. What do you hope to accomplish?

What people fail to consider is that they've probably played with plenty of good Russian players, it's just that they don't feel the need to go around telling people that they are Russian. I personally play with many more English speaking players, than those can't speak English, who are not particularly good or don't communicate whatsoever.

At the end of the day, if you have an issue playing with those sort of people the only real solution is to find a few friends and queue with them. It's not perfect but it's still better than segregation.

"ban russians", or "feth russians", "russians ruined my life", or "I want valve to make a system which bans for typing in cyrlillic"
    Racism is strong in Earth. You gotta deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Auk View Post
    Those sort of posts are ridiculous but you are not helping in any way to change those people's opinions, you're just reinforcing it. What do you hope to accomplish?

What people fail to consider is that they've probably played with plenty of good Russian players, it's just that they don't feel the need to go around telling people that they are Russian. I personally play with many more English speaking players, than those can't speak English, who are not particularly good or don't communicate whatsoever.

At the end of the day, if you have an issue playing with those sort of people the only real solution is to find a few friends and queue with them. It's not perfect but it's still better than segregation.
    What I want to accomplish is to put an end to bias towards russians, at least in this topic
    Sorry if I dont possess rhetorics like Plato or Aristotle , I do not care.
    Do you want me to stop posting here, stop speaking my mind? Sorry, won't happen.

What people really fail to consider is that they are biased, and it is really embarassing to watch said biased people demand any kind of punishment/obstacles for russian-speaking players.
    I find it unacceptable when my team sees my accidentally type a few cyrillic letters and starts to swear, curse, shout and act like apes.
    English-speakers, I find them more unbearable than bad russian players who cant speak english.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Racism is strong in Earth. You gotta deal with it.
    "Deal with it" is not an option.
    never was, never will be.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2012-12-26 at 01:11 PM.

What I want to accomplish is to put an end to bias towards russians, at least in this topic
    Sorry if I dont possess rhetorics like Plato or Aristotle , I do not care.
    Do you want me to stop posting here, stop speaking my mind? Sorry, won't happen.

What people really fail to consider is that they are biased, and it is really hurting all the way.
    I find it unacceptable when my team sees my accidentally type a few cyrillic letters and starts to swear, curse, shout and act like apes.
    English-speakers, I find them more unbearable than bad russian players who cant speak english.
    And it looks like to me you haven't accomplished much. People saying "I hate russians" or something similar aren't using rhetorics, they're just expressing their opinions which they're fully entitled to however stupid they are. And in my experience you need to make pretty good post to make people sway their opinions over internet discussion. To me your posts have been nothing but irritating between random punctuation, sudden line changes and mass smileys, which made me wonder if you've made someone seriously consider your point of view. When someone suggested they should ban people writing in cyrillic in non-CIS servers your replied that perhaps they should also ban people for being bad. Considering one of those acts is done by choice and the other one is not, this post did to me seem nothing short of ridiculous.

If you want to make people change their opinions I'd suggest you stop constantly telling everyone how they're biased, stupid or fail at something and instead try to make good thought-provoking and interesting posts on the subject. One good post should achieve more than ten bad ones.

Last 10-20 pages are 2-4 posts from you on every page, none of it very constructive. Maybe it's about time to change tactic to something less spammy.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-12-26 at 01:26 PM.

And it looks like to me you haven't accomplished much. People saying "I hate russians" or something similar aren't using rhetorics, they're just expressing their opinions which they're fully entitled to however stupid they are. And in my experience you need to make pretty good post to make people sway their opinions over internet discussion. To me your posts have been nothing but irritating between random punctuation, sudden line changes and mass smileys, which made me wonder if you've made someone seriously consider your point of view. When someone suggested they should ban people writing in cyrillic in non-CIS servers your replied that perhaps they should also ban people for being bad. Considering one of those acts is done by choice and the other one is not, this post did to me seem nothing short of ridiculous.

If you want to make people change their opinions I'd suggest you stop constantly telling everyone how they're biased, stupid or fail at something and instead try to make good thought-provoking and interesting posts on the subject. One good post should achieve more than ten bad ones.
    do you really want to discuss my rhetorics and typing capabilities?
    because last time I checked it was Dota2 topic.

sorry if it seems a little bit offensive, friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been following discussion for alot of pages now and sorry to say this Storm the Sorrow but sometimes it just seems you are typing random stuff just to get your post count...(no offence)

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

I'm not sure how you came to think I wanted to discuss anything, but I can assure you right now I really don't want to discuss anything with you. I'm just giving friendly advice, because to me it seems you can keep going the way you are and after 500 posts still have done nothing positive for your 'cause.'

Anyway, you can take the advice or not. If you really think your what seem to be 15-second replies to every post about russians are getting the job done, keep it up, but I'll just have to put you on ignore.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-12-26 at 01:40 PM.

I'm not sure how you came to think I wanted to discuss anything, but I can assure you right now I really don't want to discuss anything with you. I'm just giving friendly advice, because to me it seems you can keep going the way you are and after 500 posts still have done nothing positive for your 'cause.'

Anyway, you can take the advice or not. If you really think your what seem to be 15-second replies to every post about russians are getting the job done, keep it up, but I'll just have to put you on ignore.
    put me on ignore right now, then, and lets get on with it.
    a friendly advice.

All you ever do when you reply to someone is to blame them. You dont write anything constructive and instead you just type "but you do it too", "ban all bads" or the best one in my opinion, when people complain that people dont communicate, "Just ignore them if they type in cyrillic".

What most people complain about here is only language based. It has nothing to do with racism. Pretty much everyone based in EU West knows how to speak english. Then it's very bad mannered to speak another language in front of strangers (atleast based on my country's ethics).

I strongly advice not to turn this topic into "spit at Sorrow".

Deleted
    Hey guys, you know what I do when I see Cyrillic? Write it off as another one of those things that can make you lose in DotA and deal with it.

This entire conversation really is a bit silly.

Considering one of those acts is done by choice and the other one is not, this post did to me seem nothing short of ridiculous.
    Not necessarily, some people might just be too bad at English to be able to communicate.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-12-26 at 02:51 PM.