Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Sange costs more gold and the only really useful thing it provides is HP. Evasion can be more eHP than Sange, especially vs carries.
    Evasion can be better... If you have more than 1200 HP and die to nothing but attacks. Or if you have over 2400 HP (without that Sange) and half the damage you take comes from attacks. Yeah, seems very likely in a normal game. Unless you only Repel yourself and don't skill Guardian Angel.

Sange gives you 304 HP, .48 HP regen, +26 damage and Maim for 250 gold more than ToE. Even if everything besides the HP is only situational, that HP alone being worse than evasion is situational.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I believe he's talking about which piece of HH is more beneficial to buy first.
    Sange is easier to build and gives benefit along the way, no omni is going to go energy boots > talisman because he's have 700 hp and die in two nukes. Plenty of omnis will go boots > sange because it makes them a tank mid game.

I'm not a big fan of evasion, it really doesn't help much. When people kill you in 4 auto attacks dodging 15% of the time is not noticeable. Especially when most *good* carries have attack modifiers that make their auto attacks much more guaranteed. Talisman omni meet nether strike.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-12-31 at 01:44 AM.

Anyone have an extra key to spare ^^?

Thanks in advanced<3
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Anyone have an extra key to spare ^^?

Thanks in advanced<3
    Pm me your steam account

Yup. Evasion always seems to outweigh a little STR and a worthless never-procs slow.

Also, Drow Ranger is still really dumb right now.
    If I had to complain about something right now, I feel like Diffusal Blade's passive working off illusions seems a little dumb. An entire mana pool gone in 3 seconds from a PL Strike Force can be a little aggravating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Sange is easier to build and gives benefit along the way, no omni is going to go energy boots > talisman because he's have 700 hp and die in two nukes. Plenty of omnis will go boots > sange because it makes them a tank mid game.

I'm not a big fan of evasion, it really doesn't help much. When people kill you in 4 auto attacks dodging 15% of the time is not noticeable. Especially when most *good* carries have attack modifiers that make their auto attacks much more guaranteed. Talisman omni meet nether strike.
    If someone's dying in 4 auto-attacks, I think something's already wrong

But I've got to agree, the EH 15% dodge provides is based both off RNG, and the composition of their team (Whether they've got a lot of right-click heroes, or not), not to mention it does nothing against nukes and magic damage. Sange may not potentially be as much EH, but it's much more reliable.

Well, very few heroes are pure right click. Leoric will still hit you with a nuke that you can't dodge. AM has mana burn that will hurt a lot on a strength hero. PL can spam lance forever. Maybe if their team is somehow 5 PAs evasion will be good, but without HP it's not very useful. People who go butterfly first on agility heroes are always laughed it, it's not actually a very good item for the price. The evasion only comes in handy late game when you have 2500 health anyway. Otherwise, you'll just get picked for a finger of death and be out of the fight. If you repel yourself you're not putting it on someone else, unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there always a fucking Drow Ranger on the other team that gets fed as shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Well, very few heroes are pure right click. Leoric will still hit you with a nuke that you can't dodge. AM has mana burn that will hurt a lot on a strength hero. PL can spam lance forever. Maybe if their team is somehow 5 PAs evasion will be good, but without HP it's not very useful. People who go butterfly first on agility heroes are always laughed it, it's not actually a very good item for the price. The evasion only comes in handy late game when you have 2500 health anyway. Otherwise, you'll just get picked for a finger of death and be out of the fight. If you repel yourself you're not putting it on someone else, unfortunately.
    I suppose I didn't mean 100% right clicking, more like Leoric or void, who get the majority of damage from just auto-attacking. But you're absolutely right, getting the evasion first (fairly early, at least) just makes you more susceptible to getting bursted down by a nuker, and provides no defense against them.

Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    Why is there always a fucking Drow Ranger on the other team that gets fed as shit?
    Buy wards and keep an eye on her. Usually shes in mid so she can run gank bot or top. Shes like NS like that. It happens to often for my taste mind you but it is what it is. I'm tired of seeing Ns, drow, clinkz running ganks bot or top iover and over again. Or pudge. uggh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Buy wards and keep an eye on her. Usually shes in mid so she can run gank bot or top. Shes like NS like that. It happens to often for my taste mind you but it is what it is. I'm tired of seeing Ns, drow, clinkz running ganks bot or top iover and over again. Or pudge. uggh.
    I tend to play with a friend, we run a wisp/carry combo and literally always dominate our lane.
    They problem is that she roams bot because she can't screw with us and gets fed that way somehow. It seems like it happens EVERY game too.
    Sometimes one of us is fed enough to shut her down, sometimes were not.

The warding is a good idea though, I'll remember to tell my team to ward or at least place them everywhere from now on.
    I usually whatever river of the lane were in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

None of my DOTA2 copies can be gifted to my Chinese friends anymore. Sad 7 Copies rotting away... and I just know the Chinese affiliate taking over dota2 for china will force a Chinese version of the game on me.

10+ Year Old Account

Halberd and items like that are definitely luxury items for Omni, you get them after you already have the basics covered - Meka or Drums, Blink Dagger, Soul Ring, etc. And while Sange builds easier, you aren't going to have the free item slots to carry all the different pieces around - at most you'll have one slot free, and personally I think 15% evasion is better than some small amount of strength. The maim isn't even worth considering because it's completely RNG and you have Degen Aura, anyway.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Halberd and items like that are definitely luxury items for Omni, you get them after you already have the basics covered - Meka or Drums, Blink Dagger, Soul Ring, etc. And while Sange builds easier, you aren't going to have the free item slots to carry all the different pieces around - at most you'll have one slot free, and personally I think 15% evasion is better than some small amount of strength. The maim isn't even worth considering because it's completely RNG and you have Degen Aura, anyway.
    Drums doesn't really give enough HP to justify ToE, and even if you only have one free item slot you can still fit Ogre Club in it and even that is likely to be better than ToE. From Ogre Club it's 1050 gold to Sange, and if you don't buy it you're still 800 to ToE. The Maim is always worth considering because it stacks with your aura and 20% proc isn't that difficult to get. But like I said, even if Sange gave you nothing but passive 304 HP, it would still be better than ToE most of the time.

Did you actually have some justification for buying ToE over Sange other than than your own arbitrary preference?

Always go Vlad's on Omni unless you already have it in your team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Drums doesn't really give enough HP to justify ToE, and even if you only have one free item slot you can still fit Ogre Club in it and even that is likely to be better than ToE. From Ogre Club it's 1050 gold to Sange, and if you don't buy it you're still 800 to ToE. The Maim is always worth considering because it stacks with your aura and 20% proc isn't that difficult to get. But like I said, even if Sange gave you nothing but passive 304 HP, it would still be better than ToE most of the time.

Did you actually have some justification for buying ToE over Sange other than than your own arbitrary preference?
    Just feels like having a chance to dodge a carry's hits for 200-300 dmg is better than a small amount of flat HP, especially since I can always use Repel if I'm really worried about magic damage. Like, if they have a Drow, I want to dodge those 500 damage crits, not rely on 190 extra HP to help me soak them.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 06:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Always go Vlad's on Omni unless you already have it in your team.
    I don't often get Ring of Basilius on Omni because Soul Ring eliminates mana issues, and I'd rather have an extra free slot for wards, dust, orb of venom, etc.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

So you rather have a ToE over a Vlads?... I dont know what to say really. The damage aura alone is enough to get it as 4th item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    So you rather have a ToE over a Vlads?... I dont know what to say really. The damage aura alone is enough to get it as 4th item.
    Because ToE builds into Halberd, which provides a disarm effect. After Blink Dagger, my usual choices are sheepstick, Halberd, or Shiva's. Vlad's is nice, but I don't really think it's as useful as any of those other three items unless we have a melee carry - and if we have a melee carry, they're probably getting Vlad's anyway.

Just feels like having a chance to dodge a carry's hits for 200-300 dmg is better than a small amount of flat HP, especially since I can always use Repel if I'm really worried about magic damage. Like, if they have a Drow, I want to dodge those 500 damage crits, not rely on 190 extra HP to help me soak them.
    Well, if you feel like that. It's kind of odd because usually you seem to be strictly against any RNG mechanics and now you say you'd rather bet your survival on an item that is effective if certain conditions are met and if you're lucky enough to get those dodges than an item that gives a flat boost and even has numbers and common sense on its' side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Well, if you feel like that. It's kind of odd because usually you seem to be strictly against any RNG mechanics and now you say you'd rather bet your survival on an item that is effective if certain conditions are met and if you're lucky enough to get those dodges than an item that gives a flat boost and even has numbers and common sense on its' side.
    I hate RNG mechanics because I don't feel they're good for a game that's supposed to be reliant on skill, but that doesn't mean they aren't effective, just cheesy. Like, if I'm getting Halberd, it's because the enemy team has a carry that's getting pretty nasty and I need something to deal with it. I get extra HP, evasion, and the disarm from it, and getting that evasion early seems like it's better than getting a relatively small amount of HP. Like, if I dodge a 500 damage crit from Drow Ranger, that evasion's already paid for itself and it's already provided more benefit than a completed Sange's strength would've given me... and that's only if I dodge one attack. What happens if I dodge two or three or six during an engagement?

I hate RNG mechanics because I don't feel they're good for a game that's supposed to be reliant on skill, but that doesn't mean they aren't effective, just cheesy. Like, if I'm getting Halberd, it's because the enemy team has a carry that's getting pretty nasty and I need something to deal with it. I get extra HP, evasion, and the disarm from it, and getting that evasion early seems like it's better than getting a relatively small amount of HP. Like, if I dodge a 500 damage crit from Drow Ranger, that evasion's already paid for itself and it's already provided more benefit than a completed Sange's strength would've given me... and that's only if I dodge one attack. What happens if I dodge two or three or six during an engagement?
    You can feel however you do, but unless you have something more substantial I would advise against saying it like it's advice, because in here someone might take it as such. And it's kind of odd to assume that every attack you dodged was going to be a critical hit for the sake of an argument. Actually, in the course of a teamfight, if you're getting focused by enemies, the most important thing for your build would be to keep you alive long enough for you to pop a GA. In that situation you're potentially betting the outcome of the game on your Talisman rather than what would be more than enough HP to make you survive at least one one additional attack from their carry. Or an additional nuke from them.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 01:38 PM ----------

On an unrelated note, MUFC just picked Doombringer against Vici, but it might be just out of arrogance because they stomped through game one. Actually, looking at the draft, if VG are going to take a game somewhere it could be this one.

Quite a few things could be said about VG although they've done very poorly so far in the tournament. You put together a team of the best ladder players but for some reason you don't end up with the best team? Who knew.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-12-31 at 02:12 PM.