Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    On an unrelated note, MUFC just picked Doombringer against Vici, but it might be just out of arrogance because they stomped through game one. Actually, looking at the draft, if VG are going to take a game somewhere it could be this one.
    MUFC picked Slardar and Weaver game one. Two picks that are not seen as often either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Quite a few things could be said about VG although they've done very poorly so far in the tournament. You put together a team of the best ladder players but for some reason you don't end up with the best team? Who knew.
    I find it fun to see that even though VG are probably better than 99% of all pub teams the difference between them and these pro teams are so huge. The people talking about video games like DotA or Starcraft not being about skill should be shot.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah, if you need to buy a DotA 2 key this late into the game, you might aswell wait for the release. Also, everyone has like 3+ invites (7 myself).

OT: Want some fun pubstomp? Pick Meepo, buy a bloodstone, keep main Meepo in base, thank me later!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah, if you need to buy a DotA 2 key this late into the game, you might aswell wait for the release. Also, everyone has like 3+ invites (7 myself).
    You buy the items and get a key for free.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's items, wow, I thought it was an invite -.-'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    OT: Want some fun pubstomp? Pick Meepo, buy a bloodstone, keep main Meepo in base, thank me later!
    Do you have a video explaining what this does? as i cant quite figure it out right now
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman View Post
    Do you have a video explaining what this does? as i cant quite figure it out right now
    Currently there are no bloodstone charges lost when meepo dies through clone deaths. You can gather charges and exp while your main meepo is in the fountain and after some kills you have instant respawn all the time and dont get gold loss from dying anymore.

So close, Vici, but no cigar.

PL farmed like 10k gold while AM didnt have his BF. Think they lost the game (for certain) when he sold it because they just couldnt push anymore.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2012-12-31 at 02:52 PM.

You guys got any tips on how to increase the game performance? I'm at 35-40 fps with all settings on high, even when I turn most of it down I am still at the same fps! What worries is when I go mid-fight, my fps drops down to 25-30 and at times it can freeze up for a second randomly, irrelevant where if I'm moving my hero or just standing at the same spot. Really annoying to face!

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is the point of OD? He's a carry that needs a frankly ridiculous amount of farm to be useful in team fights, and the only way to get around that is to stack INT early on... which leaves you paper thin and pretty much free food to any decent ganker hero.

Like, I get that he's a carry, but he's seemingly one of a handful of carries that actually have to have farm to be useful while all the others get to skip that phase and be useful right from the word go. You need a ton of INT to make his ulti any good, but unless they let you use imprisonment like four times before the fight starts, that means you need a ton of items.

Just... fuck that guy, seriously.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    one of a handful of carries that actually have to have farm to be useful
    What. No, I am just legitimately confounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    You guys got any tips on how to increase the game performance? I'm at 35-40 fps with all settings on high, even when I turn most of it down I am still at the same fps! What worries is when I go mid-fight, my fps drops down to 25-30 and at times it can freeze up for a second randomly, irrelevant where if I'm moving my hero or just standing at the same spot. Really annoying to face!
    Rendering quality together with anti-aliasing are the parts that effect FPS the most. If you decrease it, you should be fine. If your computer is running the game @ low FPS even if you decrease rendering quality, that means there are some other problems like out-of-date driver etc.

Right now, I am running the game @45-55 FPS with all settings are on but anti-aliasing and %80 rendering quality with high quality textures. My laptop's spec is

GT 630M, I7 3610QM, 8GB DDR3, WIN 7

Before my current computer, I was running the game @50-60FPS with all settings are off and %50 render quality with low textures on my old laptop with following spec:

Intel Core2Duo P8400, Nvidia GT 8600M, 3GB DDR3, WIN7

It's pretty okay if you get FPS drops with low-end GPUs in action because your GPU has much more to handle(more hero, more spells etc.) As an example, webs of Brood mother was causing 10-15 DPS drop when I was playing my old computer. What is your computer's spec?
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-31 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    What. No, I am just legitimately confounded.
    Sylla just needs Radiance and he's able to kick ass and be useful. AM and PA can all contribute meaningfully with just a Battle Fury even if they're better with more items. Void might need more than one item, I think it depends on if they go for an AFK farm build with BF or for an aggressive build.

OD needs a ton of levels and a ton of stats in order to be useful. You have to stack INT to make his ulti do anything meaningful, but his STR gain is shit so you have to get HP from somewhere, too. He needs Force Staff and/or Eul's because he has no escape mechanism, and you need maxed orb and maxed aura before your right click damage becomes significant in any real way... but since you usually want to max imprisonment first for easier laning, that means a ton of XP.

Think about it. If OD was as good as other carries, wouldn't he even be considered as a carry? Yet I've never seen indications that teams even consider picking him, and during one draft where Winter and LD were trying to think of remaining picks for carry, OD was never mentioned. Because he requires an enormous amount of farm to be good, which isn't true for most of the currently-picked carries. Sure, they all need one major item, but once they have that, they're able to contribute meaningfully. OD... he requires multiple items before he can do much besides feed.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Stuff
    "If someone is immensely ahead of the enemy team, they don't need items to carry."
    If the enemy carry has spent 6k as well, a Radiance rush Sylla isn't all that special.

Also, you do realize that OD isn't a counterpick to something like an Invoker, Enigma, Windrunner, Silencer, Disruptor team, right? If your ulti "isn't doing any damage" in the midgame then you're just playing awfully wrong, either in the pick or the play stage.

I should link that game I played with a Force Staff BKB OD. Sec if I can find it.

stuff
    OD is a counter pick to Invoker, that's why he was added shortly after, if my memory serves me well here. He can mid against Invoker and win, using prison to deny creeps and lower his damage. He can effectively avoid all of Invoker's main combos with prison. Of course, the best part in my opinion, he can avoid stacking int so that Invoker has the same or more than him and his ultimate effectively removes Invoker's mana pool. Ever tried to go tornado>meteor>dblast>sun strike>cold snap with 150 mana? Yeah, every single one of those spells costs 100-200. He doesn't have to one shot Invoker with damage when he already one shots him with an instant oom.

Let's not forget that OD can still do ridiculous damage without INT stacking. Getting items like bloodstone/mek will make him hard to kill and he will still have the mana to hit 500 damage a shot. One of the highest direct hit damage heroes in mid game, for sure. I don't know how anyone can NOT like OD, his damage mid game is very borderline too much.

by time time he gets core items - treads,force staff and bkb - most of the dmg dealt to him is still magical so low hp won't be a huge problem as you already have bkb
    imo main part of eclipse is mana burn not damage you dont even have to aim/time it like EMP just throw huge nuke at the start of the team fight and gg they cant cast spells
    also as lysah said he can really fuck up your farm on mid ;_;

his passive is really helpful for teammates
    imprisonment is not as good e.g. hex but it works on allies

but he cant do shit against bkb ;s
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-12-31 at 08:56 PM.

OD feels more like a Disabler/Semi-carry than a pure carry to me, but I still believe he could carry hard if given the chance. Arcane Orb could be devastating with enough farm, but otherwise things like sheep, orchid, RoA, etc, combined with Astral Imprisonment could give him quite a bit of CC after his ult is thrown out. Not to mention, his passive is godlike for heroes that rely on mana, or spam a lot of spells, like Medusa or Bristleback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    OD feels more like a Disabler/Semi-carry than a pure carry to me, but I still believe he could carry hard if given the chance. Arcane Orb could be devastating with enough farm, but otherwise things like sheep, orchid, RoA, etc, combined with Astral Imprisonment could give him quite a bit of CC after his ult is thrown out. Not to mention, his passive is godlike for heroes that rely on mana, or spam a lot of spells, like Medusa or Bristleback.
    How is Sheep, Orchid, RoA not a carry build on OD? That's about 93 damage added to his orb + whatever other stats they give.

10+ Year Old Account
    "If someone is immensely ahead of the enemy team, they don't need items to carry."
    If the enemy carry has spent 6k as well, a Radiance rush Sylla isn't all that special.

Also, you do realize that OD isn't a counterpick to something like an Invoker, Enigma, Windrunner, Silencer, Disruptor team, right? If your ulti "isn't doing any damage" in the midgame then you're just playing awfully wrong, either in the pick or the play stage.

I should link that game I played with a Force Staff BKB OD. Sec if I can find it.
    I've had games where OD's have rushed for stacked INT and blown up teams with their ulti, but they have no right-click and they have no durability and it's a matter of time before the ulti stops one-shotting people and you're left with a 4v5 because OD is useless.

My point is that OD is a carry, so you're picking him instead of another carry - if you picked OD, you aren't getting Sylla or AM or Luna or whoever else. As a right-click hero, he requires way too much farm, and he doesn't provide any kind of utility and requires too much farm/XP to be usable as a support.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 03:08 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure OD's aura only restores his mana. I've had my mana restored by a teammate casting something but I've never seen a teammate regain mana for casting near me.

Also Drow is still really OP. First time playing her, had a terrible start, didn't matter. If they don't want to nerf her damage, maybe increase her cast time on Silence or something. It's just so easy to backstab and silence them before they can react and occasionally pop them with a frost arrow while critting for 800 damage with huge attack speed. I guess she's squishy and vulnerable to ganks but she does so much damage, and boosts teammate damage by so much (had a game with a friendly drow where I was hitting for like 120 dmg as Shadow Demon at lvl 5 with barely any items) it seems like you'd be crazy not to instaban her if she went into CM in this state.

My point is that OD is a carry, so you're picking him instead of another carry - if you picked OD, you aren't getting Sylla or AM or Luna or whoever else. As a right-click hero, he requires way too much farm, and he doesn't provide any kind of utility and requires too much farm/XP to be usable as a support.
    put him on mid?

I'm pretty sure OD's aura only restores his mana. I've had my mana restored by a teammate casting something but I've never seen a teammate regain mana for casting near me.
    this is not true