10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Force staff costs too much, carry heroes can't waste that kind of time.
    Leoric?

? ? ?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    I've just considered trying dota 2, have about 7 invites. But after I started the downloading the client I took a gander at the steam forums and....wow, I honestly don't know...is the thing with Russians on EU west -really- that bad? Does everyone try to drag every topic into a hateful/irrelevant discussion? Do the game mods manage the game as well as the forum? (Sticky says NO KEY TRADING/SELLING. 7/10 topics are about keys.)

Looks like a good game but that forum is giving me a really bad impression. I hope it's just steam being steam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    I've just considered trying dota 2, have about 7 invites. But after I started the downloading the client I took a gander at the steam forums and....wow, I honestly don't know...is the thing with Russians on EU west -really- that bad? Does everyone try to drag every topic into a hateful/irrelevant discussion? Do the game mods manage the game as well as the forum? (Sticky says NO KEY TRADING/SELLING. 7/10 topics are about keys.)

Looks like a good game but that forum is giving me a really bad impression. I hope it's just steam being steam.
    Russians making you lose the game aren't a lot more common than any other factor that can make you lose the game. It tends to get better when your MMR goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post

When russians flame you you either wont understand them or its incredible adorable ("stupid dog i fuk yor moter cyka")
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    When russians flame you you either wont understand them or its incredible adorable ("stupid dog i fuk yor moter cyka")
    chuckled irl, it is adorable indeed

Something that's been bugging me for awhile now. Their whole player pool punishment system. On principal it's a good idea but I think it needs some refinement. Last night me and a buddy stomped this other team hard. When we got out of the game we found out that we had been reported for leaving or bad behavior I guess. We didn't leave and we didn't say anything to them. The thing is I'm not exactly sure what we did. I'd like to see if their was a system that would tell you what it is you did, some kind of feedback. We didn't do anything though, like I don't get it.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-01-03 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Russians making you lose the game aren't a lot more common than any other factor that can make you lose the game. It tends to get better when your MMR goes up.
    I'd just say it's like having bad teammates with zero chance of trying to get them to work with you - if they're bad, you're fucked. If they're good, hopefully they understand pings and have game sense enough to know what they need to do in a given situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Nothing is funnier than watching a Brazilian or Russian (we get mostly Brazilians or other South Americans here in the US, Russians are only occasional) flip his shit and start screaming insults at the team in broken English. They can turn what would be an otherwise frustrating loss into some kind of perverse entertainment as they become increasingly creative in their attempts to communicate how rustled their jimmies are with a limited vocabulary.

I can only guess it'd be the same way if some American was typing in broken Cyrillic to Russians over how pissed he is.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 09:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Something that's been bugging me for awhile now. Their whole player pool punishment system. On principal it's a good idea but I think it needs some refinement. Last night me and a buddy stomped this other team hard. When we got out of the game we found out that we had been reported for leaving or bad behavior I guess. We didn't leave and we didn't say anything to them. The thing is I'm not exactly sure what we did. I'd like to see if their was a system that would tell you what it is you did, some kind of feedback. We didn't do anything though, like I don't get it.
    Maybe it's just evidence that my MMR is shit, but low priority doesn't feel like a major punishment. Queues are longer and you're more likely to have someone bail out in the first ten minutes due to any reason imaginable, but some of the funniest people I've ever played with I met in LP.

I mean, when someone is in a game calling everyone raging niggerfaggots and spouting all kinds of stupid, childish racist bullshit and we report him and get notification that someone we reported was dealt with... I'd really prefer something more stringent than "you bad little child you, here's a week of 'punishment'!"
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

report system does not work that fast
    you have been punished for something else in the past

or it was a bug

geh... hatin' on Russia and its people in this game is nothing short of hilarious.
    Just had this game where void blamed his teammates for being "two russian cunts who fed all game" despite himself doing nothing , and when I pointed that I'm russian too , he goes on to tell that Russia is not a part of Europe, that literally the whole world hates us, how we die due to poor medicine and constant abuse from our goverment, how we suffocate under steel reign of falce democracy, how we eat shit in our country and so forth and so on.
    isnt it adorable?
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2013-01-03 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    Do not discuss SC2 + Casual in the same sentence. Sc2 is extremely fun to watch and play or a semi-high level. It's NOT meant for Casuals.

Dota 2 wasn't ever made with casuals in mind (sure there will be a tutorial in the release, but there are guides to both dota and sc2 on google).

Dota 2 and Sc2 will NEVER turn into the League of Legends "Casualness". The declining in SKILLFULL games is simply due to the generation of kids who are lazy and want everything while doing as little as possible. That's league of legends in a nutshell.

You say that as if being casual was somehow bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    report system does not work that fast
    you have been punished for something else in the past

or it was a bug
    It wasn't just me though. It was 3 of us. That's why I wish they would at least give you some more information on why you were banned. Something other than hey you left or you were a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Leoric?

? ? ?
    Typically bought when you have some other carry on the team, if solo carrying armlet>core.

you cant ball out of control without rapier+refresher

It wasn't just me though. It was 3 of us. That's why I wish they would at least give you some more information on why you were banned. Something other than hey you left or you were a douche.
    yeah it would be handy (tho iv never been in low prio because of report)

still, it was probably from a game when you also stacked
    unless it was a bug and/or human error which happens from time to time, this is still beta after all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    Do not discuss SC2 + Casual in the same sentence. Sc2 is extremely fun to watch and play or a semi-high level. It's NOT meant for Casuals.

Dota 2 wasn't ever made with casuals in mind (sure there will be a tutorial in the release, but there are guides to both dota and sc2 on google).

Dota 2 and Sc2 will NEVER turn into the League of Legends "Casualness". The declining in SKILLFULL games is simply due to the generation of kids who are lazy and want everything while doing as little as possible. That's league of legends in a nutshell.
    ..... lol.
    Where does Dota's complexity come from?
    Everyone beside verba please wait for him to answer I really want to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    you cant ball out of control without rapier+refresher
    >ASK YOURSELF THIS FIRST:
    AM I PLAYING LEORIC?

YES: GET AN ARMLET
    NO: GET AN ARMLET

>IS MY TEAM ALL MELEE BECAUSE COLLECTIVELY WE HAVE A LEARNING DISABILITY? GET A VLAD'S

love this guide ;d

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    You say that as if being casual was somehow bad.
    It is bad yes.

The more players turning to play League of legends, making them more and more casual by the day. Which means games that actually takes skill and is harder, wont get much attention.

So LoL is ruining E-sports.
    Last edited by mmoc4814bc6f58; 2013-01-03 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Typically bought when you have some other carry on the team, if solo carrying armlet>core.
    I was under the impression you bought it because he's so easy to kite, and the mana gives him more wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    It is bad yes.
    Please elaborate!