Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    They aren't never gonna get that much money. Not too sure how keen pro players are nowadays on just letting a single person buy every single consumable in existence but if they're splitting costs at least a bit, drums isn't THAT big.
    Well the current trend seems to be to let 1 person not get any gold, make them buy all wards and also let the enemy pick a hero that feeds on supports, getting free money in every fight by killing them
    Though I only started following high level play 6 months ago, so maybe that was always the case

Btw Riki pick by russians on TobiWan stream
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    He is played now and again. I know mTw used him on their road to victory in the dreamhack before the last one.

he was used more before "post TI2" nerfs of morphling

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Kazakhstanis, not Russians. It's odd, because Riki was that one hero I can't recall seeing in ages, even he was fairly popular some months before TI2 and was perhaps one of the reasons why Anti-Mage fell out of favor for a while.

But then again Next are pretty renowned for their eccentric picks, so I'm not gonna move Riki up in my list just yet.

Edit: Disregard that, I wasn't following the game much and recalled it was Next who picked Riki and not Empire.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-04 at 04:38 PM.

Hai guis, I herd u liek Dota 2, so tawk aboot tat gaem pleze.

What I'm trying to say, is that we have an entire forum for League of Legends, if you want to talk about it, this isn't the place for it. Back on topic please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Kazakhstanis, not Russians. It's odd, because Riki was that one hero I can't recall seeing in ages, even he was fairly popular some months before TI2 and was perhaps one of the reasons why Anti-Mage fell out of favor for a while.

But then again Next are pretty renowned for their eccentric picks, so I'm not gonna move Riki up in my list just yet.

Edit: Disregard that, I wasn't following the game much and recalled it was Next who picked Riki and not Empire.
    Why would Riki make Anti-Mage less popular?

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    You wouldn't buy phaseboots and drums on any position 4-5 role in any semi-highlevel game.
    Maybe. I'm not entirely sure I agree with the common trend of leaving your supports underfarmed all game. Maybe I'm just not a fan of 4-pro-1 strategies. It kind of feels like the Chinese 1-5 setup doesn't apply as strictly to aggressive team compositions since even your "1" doesn't really AFK farm.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why would Riki make Anti-Mage less popular?
    smoke screen? (mind "one of the reasons")

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    smoke screen? (mind "one of the reasons")
    I was thinking of that, but when I was bitching about Smoke Screen you guys always said it was just so easy to counter :P
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    I was thinking of that, but when I was bitching about Smoke Screen you guys always said it was just so easy to counter :P
    If supports have to waste force staff CDs to get AM out of smoke, they're guaranteed dead.

Deleted
    If supports have to waste force staff CDs to get AM out of smoke, they're guaranteed dead.
    So it's better for the hardcarry to die than a support? :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    So it's better for the hardcarry to die than a support? :3
    I didn't say it was better, I just said they'd be dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the skill demands for carries considered to be equal to the skill demands for supports?

Deleted
    Heavily depends on your picks, strategies, enemy strategies, enemy picks, etc etc. I don't even want to give you a generalization because it's so all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just seems like once you have a few items it's mostly just "pop BKB, blink in, right click." Maybe I'm missing something though.

Deleted
    Just seems like once you have a few items it's mostly just "pop BKB, blink in, right click." Maybe I'm missing something though.
    Maybe if you're Magnus Sven.

Are the skill demands for carries considered to be equal to the skill demands for supports?
    If your expectations for carries is to "farm and kill shit" at all ratings, but your expectations for supports go up as you go up in rating, I would say it is roughly equal. Assuming that farming safely and not feeding is more difficult as you go up in rating, it becomes more difficult for both. I would say (from personal experience) that it is a lot easier to rise in rating while playing supports (in public MMR games). That might just be because on average people tend to pick carries more though. I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if you're Magnus Sven.
    Seems like it works for Sylla and AM just fine, too. Sylla needs a couple items, before that he requires some micro, but after that it really just seems like you right-click the bear on something and let Entangle do the rest.

15+ Year Old Account
    that's how most carries are...
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    And all supports just run in and roll their faces across their buttons until they've CC'd as many people as possible.

etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    If your expectations for carries is to "farm and kill shit" at all ratings, but your expectations for supports go up as you go up in rating, I would say it is roughly equal. Assuming that farming safely and not feeding is more difficult as you go up in rating, it becomes more difficult for both. I would say (from personal experience) that it is a lot easier to rise in rating while playing supports (in public MMR games). That might just be because on average people tend to pick carries more though. I don't know.
    As a carry, you depend on your team mates. It's really easy to not feed as long as you are protected well, or get required help from your team mates. Only obligation you have is farming effectively. I think supports are harder to playbecause it requires macro'ng units, good positioning and good decision making. This applies all kind of roles in DotA but I think it's harder to exercise on supports. If you are out of position all the time, as a support, you will feed but if you are well supported as a carry items will help decreasing the consequence of mistakes you made. Only problem with carries is that your one mistakes, sometimes, can make you lose game, This does not apply to supports, mostly. Anyway, I think all roles involve different difficulties but my opinion is that supports are harder to play.