Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    btw abandoned practice games counts as loss?
    no

i play almost exclusively 4/5
    and this is how it looks
    if we have good game maybe i can buy something beyond forcestaff and bracer

Veno is my second best hero at 4 bars, hilariously enough, and I never skill poison wards or buy support items on him, which is how most people would tell you to play him.

gale/sting build is really strong even on support veno if you are not going to push(or defend) towers early

and he used to be played as tanky semi carry few years ago irrc

as hes also my 2nd best (1st being viper) i guess performance at least partialy is based on assist count
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-07 at 01:40 AM.

He has a great attack animation and speed, he makes a decent carry carry. BKB doesn't stop gale so he can cripple and destroy melee carry heroes all day. Back in DotA people used to level wards so they could solo farm a side lane and just build their way to carry items and win the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I agree with kuntantee. You are exceptionally wrong and have the wrong attitude not us. It isn't a single player game, it's a team game, and requires communication.

If someone is missing, inform your team, and give location information if you can. When I am playing I will shout miss and inform them of the direction i believe them to be coming from if possible (and if accurate enough). How much this little bit of information can turn a game is staggering. It isn't everybody's responsibility to be checking every lane, and it isn't possible either.

When you die to a gank, from a person who is missing, and you weren't told about it, you rightfully ask why you weren't told. You don't know WHAT they are doing, they might disappear from the minimap because they are low and returning to base, they might disappear because they are staying in the fog (see: Pudge mid, Keeper, Slark hero's that utilize fog during laning phase) they might be pulling (see: any support hero/any hero who wants too) they might just be grabbing rune, they could be going to secret shop to buy an item, could be pulling back to receive items from courier, could be stacking ancients... they could be doing anything, you don't know just from looking at minimap - but the person who is with them, checking their items, checking their level, watching their play be it aggressive/defensive/coercive/suggestive and checking their farm, their direction, their mana/hp - they do know, and you cant keep on top of all 5 hero's on the map all the time, incl. what they are doing.

I think you must have played VERY few games if you are of the attitude that you are supposed to watch the minimap. I don't know about games you play but in games I play If someone doesn't call missing, you are dead, in a heartbeat, and the enemy team will take advantage of the situation, you will lose - and more importantly, you will not get better, while you keep blaming yourself for their mistakes.

TL;DR, call missing.
    I never said you shouldn't call miss. But if you die, you should ask yourself if you knew he was missing and if you were cautious about it. It does not matter if that hero goes back to base, goes shopping or whatever. He is still missing, he can still TP to your lane, he can still be doing something else other than what your teammate thinks. Everyone has time to watch the minimap. If you can't, you are obviously bad. And you shouldn't blame your teammate because you aren't watching minimap.

I've probably played more games than you and I am probably higher MMR than you and I can tell you I almost never see someone whine about miss calls when they die in higher MMR (two days ago I solo queued against 5 stack nth Loda, Akke and Bulldog). Also, watch pro streams, see if they ever blame their teammates for not calling miss when they get ganked.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-01-07 at 01:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Veno is my second best hero at 4 bars, hilariously enough, and I never skill poison wards or buy support items on him, which is how most people would tell you to play him.
    I play him the way you do. I love to snowball on that hero! He can truly rip a whole team to pieces if farmed fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Not much I can do when someone keeps overextending vs a double stun lane after being told several times not to.
    Then you do your best and if that isn't enough shrug it off and go to next game. Can't win them all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Then you do your best and if that isn't enough shrug it off and go to next game. Can't win them all.
    This is probably the best advice in this thread. When you play solo in pubgames there is no reason to get angry. There is players that are just plain bad, players that perhaps are good but having a bad game. I only get mad at my friends when they suck. But that is because I know that if they are abit more focused they would not do silly misstakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    That's pretty much what I try to do, but I get teammates like that more than any other kind. Sometimes I'll get good teammates, though. Sometimes we lose anyway because we also had good enemies and we simply got outplayed, sometimes we win because all the good players are on my team and not theirs.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I loved it. Took a bunch of games to get really into it, but team with Necro, sniper and Enigma was really fun for Greeviling
    Omnislash wasn't nearly as rigged as Midnight Pulse.
    Valve pls.

Deleted
    Low prio queue

I have seen the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It really makes me curious to how they judge performance by hero.
    For all we know they might not even be based on the games you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Low prio queue

I have seen the abyss
    I've never been there. It'd be interesting to see though.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I have a hard time getting over the fact that they included something like that and didn't even tell us what it actually means.

Deleted
    I've never been there. It'd be interesting to see though.
    Go ahead and watch.
    I personally found it hilarious.

im pretty sure my viper performance is very slowly going up but i have not played him for months

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Low prio queue

I have seen the abyss
    It's hit and miss; some of the best games I've played were LP. There are a ton of Russians there, though. I wonder what they did to earn their place there?

Just watched the end of the G-League semifinals. Faith's Nyx Assassin makes me so hard.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    There are a ton of Russians there, though. I wonder what they did to earn their place there?
    Perchance they were reported by everyone else without doing anything really malicious?

I don't know, but I feel like there'd be even less incentive to speak English once you're already in low priority. Kind of a final destination.

heh, final destination. no fun, no english. final destination

10+ Year Old Account
    So after the Drow discision I tried out Drow in a pub game and I destroyed the living shit out of everyone. My team did well despite most of them speaking russian..
    https://dotabuff.com/matches/94723232
    Drow is insane in pubs.. I normally queue as a group as I can't stand pubs but now I know why everyone picks her lol, she is a playmaker.

But it still doesn't beat the fun of playing as Ursa against soft targets like Drow when you got a team that can slow and stun..
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

They even had SB, one of our assumed counters for Drow XDDD

Your team had three auras for you (five if you count vs's items), an ES initiate, and three disables, not including the silence from you or bs. None of them have dust/a gem, their storm built a dagon first item...their axe was going blade mail before blink, christ, their axe and sb were level 10 at the end of a 29 minute game.

I hate Drow as much as the next guy, but you've got to admit, your team was practically tailored for you to dominate, and they did nothing to stop you.