Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    then the low/high priority queue punishment can be somewhat useful..
    Nope! That one's already out the window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Nope! That one's already out the window.
    Yeah, it's not really a punishment. It's a little inconvenient, and the likelihood of having douchebags or russians for teammates is higher, but otherwise it's still being allowed to play.

I'd actually think twice about bailing out of a shitty game if it was risking an actual ban. At the very least the Low Priority system needs to be based on completed games and not time. Oh, LP for a day? No problem, I'll kill my few hours of free time playing one of many other games and by time I get home from work tomorrow, no more LP!

Hardly a punishment.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand why is a punishment at all, doesn't it only give you a bit longer queue times? That isn't really what I'd call a punishment.

Also what are you views on Magnus? Had a few games against him long time ago and I was like dude that guy is sick, I forgot about him untill today where my team got owned by him. Like really owned. 14-1 something after 20 minuts. I think he is more a bullshit hero than Drow. Drow is sick but you can take her down on the fuck are you suppose to take Magnus down? He charges in, stuns you(Teammates starts to AoE you down) bomb dead.
    Last edited by Rivenda; 2013-01-15 at 04:54 PM.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Deleted
    Some part of Magnus needs to be nerfed in my opinion. Nerf his laning, nerf his Skewer>RP combo or nerf his Empower. At least one of these areas need to be looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    With all the beta keys going out I wonder why they don't just make it open?
    I think you're underestimating how many potential players there are in China. See how the invites are not eligible to gift to people in China?

As for low priority queue, it is not as much a punishment for people who get there as it is a reward for people who behave. Weed out the bad people by pairing them with each other. Valve wants you to play the game as much as possible, banning people does not make a whole lot of sense.

Deleted
    While the punishment is not that harsh, it sucks playing with friends who got punished and you have to endure long waiting times, no points, nor items.

But of course, why should Valve ban people if they want them to play the game. : /

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand why is a punishment at all, doesn't it only give you a bit longer queue times? That isn't really what I'd call a punishment.
    Longer queue times with people who generally have earned their place in LP by being shitbags, but when you're in the low/average MMR bracket, it's not too much difference from regular games. It might be a punishment for high MMR people but I doubt they'd be in LP to begin with.

Also what are you views on Magnus? Had a few games against him long time ago and I was like dude that guy is sick, I forgot about him untill today where my team got owned by him. Like really owned. 14-1 something after 20 minuts. I think he is more a bullshit hero than Drow. Drow is sick but you can take her down on the fuck are you suppose to take Magnus down? He charges in, stuns you(Teammates starts to AoE you down) bomb dead.
    Shockwave should probably cost more mana. It's ridiculously mana-efficient, 90 mana for a stronger, slower Dragon Slave.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

TO be honest I think the punishment is a bit to much. I recognize players leaving really ruins things but every game ive had has been fucking 50 minutes or more and sometimes you'll be playing and real life demands will call you away for longer than 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    TO be honest I think the punishment is a bit to much. I recognize players leaving really ruins things but every game is fucking 50 minutes and sometimes you'll be playing and real life demands will call you away for longer than 5 minutes.
    thats why one abandoned game once in a while wont put you in low prio

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    thats why one abandoned game once in a while wont put you in low prio
    It's not just the abandoned game though. The assholes on the other team will report you and then punishment. I've been banned for leaving a single game before. Although without any transparency it's hard to tell. Hell I've been banned even without leaving a game.

#1 counter to Magnus:

First ban phase.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:15 AM ----------

Also, the low prio system for abandons likely works off of TDA rules for DotA1. In short, you are allowed to drop 1% of your games. Which means if you have 600 games played you can get 6 abandons but the 7th will send you to low prio. If you only have 100 games expect your second DC to send you. I have 8 abandons, I think, and have never seen low priority.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-01-15 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got send to the low prio today after my team called GG and alt tabbed in the base. I did click my char around a few times to avoid getting the auto afk but it did still happen... :/
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Got send to the low prio today after my team called GG and alt tabbed in the base. I did click my char around a few times to avoid getting the auto afk but it did still happen... :/
    You get marked as afk when you dont get any experience for 5 minutes I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Deleted
    I got 12 Abandons, 4 times I ended up in low prio, stupid GPU overheat

But anyways, even that lets your team down and they can't check if you left on purpose or not.

sigh, why does unusual courier like that derpy ? The animations are horrible D:

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    You get marked as afk when you dont get any experience for 5 minutes I believe.
    Correct. I had a friend who stacked camps for the first ten minutes without getting any experience at all. He did get an abandon, even though our woods was flooded with neutral creeps.

Deleted
    How the hell did I not lose...
    Most of the game was 3 v me :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Abyssal Blade on Enigma, no items on any of the others.

What in the shit

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    dat sniper...

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Patch on the test client just went live..
    I kind of like the concept of Least Played mode, though I will be severely disappointed if it won't let me random. But then again I can play all the heroes well enough, barring Meepo who I haven't yet played since WC3 DotA so 'rusty' would be an understatement on my ability with that one.

Then again, seems like it only prevents top 20 heroes from being played, which isn't really that big of a deal. At least random works.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-16 at 10:00 PM.