Because people who haven't played heroes much are clearly bad with them by default, so its your chance to play AM that you aren't normally brave enough to try, even though you know how to play him, and stomp faces!

Stupid game mode, imo, the logic "not played a hero = bad with it" only applies to the average player. Considering that's the majority of the game, I don't fault them for making the game mode, but I will never use it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Because people who haven't played heroes much are clearly bad with them by default, so its your chance to play AM that you aren't normally brave enough to try, even though you know how to play him, and stomp faces!

Stupid game mode, imo, the logic "not played a hero = bad with it" only applies to the average player. Considering that's the majority of the game, I don't fault them for making the game mode, but I will never use it myself.
    Yes, when you're confident with every hero it barely differs from All Pick except you can't random your favorites.

The real appeal of the mode, to me, would be that theoretically there might not be a Bounty Hunter picker in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Yes, when you're confident with every hero it barely differs from All Pick except you can't random your favorites.

The real appeal of the mode, to me, would be that theoretically there might not be a Bounty Hunter picker in every game.
    Good point...but I think it's negated by the fact that everyone thinks everyone else in the game will do bad so they are free to pick hyper carry heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    That's the hardest part tho it's still easier than macro-managing 4 meepos properly imo.
    I dont even know if i should built an aganims since I am unable to utilize it :-) Needs more practise.

Tab e Tab e Tab e Tab e

10+ Year Old Account
    I love playing WR but I feel she is pretty shit doing end game and when I play WR I almost win if we can end it quick and if we drag it out we lose. So is WR just a sucky hero in late game or is there anything you can do to make her better? I feel like she hits like a weat nudel, her powershot is not doing that much damage as it is in the early/mid game.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

WR is a sucky hero at any point in the game. People like her because she is hard to kill when she can run away at max movespeed dodging auto attacks. Otherwise, her shackle only works when people are dumb and stack up, which is about 99% of the time, and that's what she is picked for.

If you can't land shackles on 2 heroes consistently pick someone with a reliable stun instead and you'll have more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    WR is a sucky hero at any point in the game. People like her because she is hard to kill when she can run away at max movespeed dodging auto attacks. Otherwise, her shackle only works when people are dumb and stack up, which is about 99% of the time, and that's what she is picked for.

If you can't land shackles on 2 heroes consistently pick someone with a reliable stun instead and you'll have more fun.
    She seems like she'd be quite a strong solo pusher; Powershot destroying creep waves, Focus Fire getting towers down quickly, and just windrunning away at the first sight of a gank attempt.

You could factor in Shackleshot if they're bad enough to stand too close to something, but even without it she could get away pretty easily from most gank attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I dont even know if i should built an aganims since I am unable to utilize it :-) Needs more practise.
    Indeed. You need more practice. First step should be pre-determined invokation. At least, that's what I did. It's not best for defensive purposes but it will work for offensive spells.

Example: Team fight is about to happen

Invoke chaos meteor, defiling blast prepare your orbs for another spell that you feel necessary(eg. cold snap or sun strike) land your spells and invoke then cast it if necessary. This thing is not gonna work when you need to defend yourself because it's highly occasional. Like when you running away from gondar, it's foolish to cast ghost walk.

Also, if you are advanced player you should always try hardest chain casts like

eul's + sunstrike + invoke defiling blast(if chaos meter is last invoked spell otherwise invoke it after chaos meter is casted) + chaos meteor + defiling blast.

This is one of the hardest, if not hardest, combo according to my experience. Also sunstrike + coldsnap is very hard as well if you are playing against enemies who are aware of an invoker can snipe you if you are running straight. Try these combos in bot games.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-01-20 at 08:24 AM.

Also, if you are advanced player you should always try hardest chain casts like

eul's + sunstrike + invoke defiling blast(if chaos meter is last invoked spell otherwise invoke it after chaos meter is casted) + chaos meteor + defiling blast.
    That seems a bit off in my experience. I've often heard the Exort/Wex referred to as the easy mode Invoker as those builds usually revolve around running around trying to kill stragglers with that Eul's combo, or rightclicking hard with Alacrity, or just generally running around with Chaos Meteor and Deafening Blast pre-invoked. The Eul's combo seems to be really easy to pull off even without much practice because most of the time your target is unable to stop it and isn't moving anywhere (while being Tornadoed) so you only gotta work out the timing for landing Sun Strike and Deafening Blast, which is just a matter of routine when you're used to it and doesn't involve predicting your enemies' actions at all. I'd say pulling off something like Tornado (Not Eul's) > Chaos Meteor > Deafening Blast > Force Staff/Blink into Ice Wall on several targets is a good deal more impressive.

I'm of the opinion that the (very generalized) Invoker 'builds', arranged from easiest to most difficult would be like Exort/Wex < Quas/Wex < Quas/Exort. Because Exort/Wex in my opinion isn't very good for anything but messing around in pubs, I'd advise new Invoker players to play Quas/Wex and move into other builds when they're comfortable. QW mostly involves using only Cold Snap, Tornado and EMP (and occasionally, Ghost Walk, Deafening Blast and Ice Wall) until you're level 17 and/or have Aghanim's and you get more health and movement speed from having more points in Quas and Wex. And you have skills that help you survive available early.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-20 at 09:44 AM.

Quas/exort, rush blink dagger >

Blink > wall > snap > meteor > dblast them back into the ice wall if they're running out of it and somehow still alive.

That seems a bit off in my experience. I've often heard the Exort/Wex referred to as the easy mode Invoker as those builds usually revolve around running around trying to kill stragglers with that Eul's combo, or rightclicking hard with Alacrity, or just generally running around with Chaos Meteor and Deafening Blast pre-invoked.
    Bad arguments(ironic to hear from you). Weak plays doesn't make a build or hero easy to play. The problem is playing exort build(be it exort/quas or exort/wex) is playing its full potential. Almost all exort spells involve some sort of skillshot which increases the skillcap compared to other spells. If you can't hit 2, 3 or more targets with defiling blast + chaos meteor, well... congratz you just wasted two incredible spells for 1 target. Again, people can get kills with this combo but weak plays doesn't make this build easer. If you let invoker right click you with alacrity, you are doing something wrong.

The Eul's combo seems to be really easy to pull off even without much practice because most of the time your target is unable to stop it and isn't moving anywhere (while being Tornadoed) so you only gotta work out the timing for landing Sun Strike and Deafening Blast, which is just a matter of routine when you're used to it and doesn't involve predicting your enemies' actions at all. I'd say pulling off something like Tornado (Not Eul's) > Chaos Meteor > Deafening Blast > Force Staff/Blink into Ice Wall on several targets is a good deal more impressive.
    That was my personal experience. Also, I am not sure how

Tornado (Not Eul's) > Chaos Meteor > Deafening Blast > Force Staff/Blink

this combo has room for enemy action so you need to predict?

after tornado you will incapacitate enemies for few seconds and damage will be fully dealt and if you don't fail you will land a good ice wall because they can't do anything like moving. Other than initial tornado hit I don't see any extra predictions required in this combo.

I'm of the opinion that the (very generalized) Invoker 'builds', arranged from easiest to most difficult would be like Exort/Wex < Quas/Wex < Quas/Exort.
    I hardly ever use exort/wex build. I either play exort/quas or quas/wex. If you ask me any build involving exort is harder to play with compared to the builds that involve no exort iff enemy knows how to play against invoker.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-01-20 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am actually new to this type of game and just recently got the invite today for DoTA 2, I been watching loads of videos and been watching live footage of people play but I am so nervous to want to play just as I am with all online competitive games.

This nervousness exists mainly because like all online competitive games, I suck lol, (never fared with in Wc3 or Sc2/3 multi-player either) and second is I am afraid because of my complete suckage I am going to get alot of abuse from my team. I hear alot of bad stuff from the communities of these type of games that they can be pretty nasty and harsh, while I admire criticism as long as its constructive I don't think I want to handle childish name calling and abuse just because I am new and cant do something they obviously know so much more about.

Any tips before going into to cope with these problems will be much appreciated, Until then I will continue to learn by watching the live plays as well as videos on youtube.
    Last edited by Orby; 2013-01-20 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am actually new to this type of game and just recently got the invite today for DoTA 2, I been watching loads of videos and been watching live footage of people play but I am so nervous to want to play just as I am with all online competitive games.

This nervousness exists mainly because like all online competitive games, I suck lol, (never fared with in Wc3 or Sc2/3 multi-player either) and second is I am afraid because of my complete suckage I am going to get alot of abuse from my team. I hear alot of bad stuff from the communities of these type of games that they can be pretty nasty and harsh, while I admire criticism as long as its constructive I don't think I want to handle childish name calling and abuse just because I am new and cant do something they obviously know so much more about.

Any tips before going into to cope with these problems will be much appreciated, Until then I will continue to learn by watching the live plays as well as videos on youtube.
    You will meet some people who will be massively better than you and crush you into the dirt and then rub it in after killing you for the 10th time, thats just the way of the game
    Most people will be even worse than you though. Just focus on improving yourself and ignore what other players say (except if its actually helpful)
    You dont need to listen to a 0/14 carry with 20 lasthits telling you "u scrub go unistall you suck so bad omwtf"
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

I suck lol
    You will keep sucking hard if you do not play a lot.

because of my complete suckage I am going to get alot of abuse from my team.
    You are right. You will be flamed hard but shit happens even if you do not suck. People always seek someone to blame even if the one they blamed is the reason for lost or not.

Play with friends

Bad arguments(ironic to hear from you). Weak plays doesn't make a build or hero easy to play. The problem is playing exort build(be it exort/quas or exort/wex) is playing its full potential. Almost all exort spells involve some sort of skillshot which increases the skillcap compared to other spells. If you can't hit 2, 3 or more targets with defiling blast + chaos meteor, well... congratz you just wasted two incredible spells for 1 target. Again, people can get kills with this combo but weak plays doesn't make this build easer. If you let invoker right click you with alacrity, you are doing something wrong.
    I wasn't making an argument just giving the opinion of myself and the people I've played with. I have no idea what this gibberish about "weak plays" is, all I can say is that in my opinion there's little skill involved in Eul-comboing someone to death if compared to normal Invoker builds. I've only played it once or twice and it got really boring really fast. And rushing Eul's in normal Quas/Exort seems a bit weird, because you would normally skill 4Q4E and not have enough points in Exort to deal enough damage early on with the combo.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 09:17 PM ----------

These videos were in reddit a few days ago, they might be helpful: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...bx5uKjF8SheYnP

If people give you hard time, just open the scoreboard in-game from top left of your screen and click the mute button on offending players, it also ignores them in chat and keeps them ignored if you'll ever end up with them again. Don't hesitate to use it and remember, because you will be pretty low on the matchmaking ratings the people who get angry at other people for doing mistakes are often players who have played maybe hundreds of games and are still matched with beginners. Don't think they're any better than you, they're just people who never learned to do anything except blame other people.

Also, when you're picking a hero there's options to filter heroes by their roles or beginner-friendliness. And ignore Kuntantee, he is never helpful.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-20 at 09:20 PM.

I wasn't making an argument just giving the opinion of myself and the people I've played with. I have no idea what this gibberish about "weak plays" is, all I can say is that in my opinion there's little skill involved in Eul-comboing someone to death if compared to normal Invoker builds. I've only played it once or twice and it got really boring really fast. And rushing Eul's in normal Quas/Exort seems a bit weird, because you would normally skill 4Q4E and not have enough points in Exort to deal enough damage early on with the combo.
    The gibberish that you didn't understand is the real potential of exort builds is not using two pre-invoked spells or right clicking with alacrity and killing people around as you think that's why it's easy. But if you can't hit 3 players with your blast + meteor, just don't use it(which is hard). So just because you can push D and B and kill some people, that doesn't mean wex/exort invoker is ultra easy.Also, I don't build eul's scepter %99 of time where did you get that?

ps: big play - weak play is a garena synonym of playing good or bad.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-01-20 at 09:46 PM.

The gibberish that you didn't understand is the real potential of exort builds is not using two pre-invoked spells or right clicking with alacrity and killing people around as you think that's why it's easy. But if you can't hit 3 players with your blast + meteor, just don't use it(which is hard). So just because you can push D and B and kill some people, that doesn't mean wex/exort invoker is ultra easy.Also, I don't build eul's scepter %99 of time where did you get that?

ps: big play - weak play is a garena synonym of playing good or bad.
    Pretty sure it was just gibberish because half of what you write doesn't make any sense whatsoever even I'm actually pretty good at understanding things. You said Eul's comboing was one of the hardest things, I said it was one of the easiest along with every other build that involves maxing out Exort before 4Q.

In b4 completely incoherent not mad at all reply from you.

So I finally decided to begin playing DOTA 2, anyone know some decent noob-friendly guides?