Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    So I finally decided to begin playing DOTA 2, anyone know some decent noob-friendly guides?
    play with friends and dont pick carries

So I finally decided to begin playing DOTA 2, anyone know some decent noob-friendly guides?
    http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

Deleted
    Take a look at Dotacinema.com

They have alot of good guides on both roles, heroes and such

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Pretty sure it was just gibberish because half of what you write doesn't make any sense whatsoever even I'm actually pretty good at understanding things. You said Eul's comboing was one of the hardest things, I said it was one of the easiest along with every other build that involves maxing out Exort before 4Q.

In b4 completely incoherent not mad at all reply from you.
    Every discussion you are in ends with your "this makes no sense", "you have no idea bla bla", "weak arguments" type of posts. I will just drop the discussion.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-01-21 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else find that the main menu slowly overloads your gpu with the more games you play? I start at 30% load and it goes up like 15% per game to where i am at 90% load just in the main menu and its laggy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Anyone else find that the main menu slowly overloads your gpu with the more games you play? I start at 30% load and it goes up like 15% per game to where i am at 90% load just in the main menu and its laggy as hell.
    I can't remember which processor was overloading in my computer but I had that problem. I couldn't play much in last two months so I am not sure if that problem still persists(it seems it does) but there is some sort of problem on menu.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-01-21 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's because of the way the game loads things. As you enter a game, it loads most of the vitals but doesn't load the heroes until after they're picked and the game starts. It then keeps everything it's loaded in memory, increasing the load the more heroes get picked as you play.

(This is all based on casual observation and may be completely false)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's because of the way the game loads things. As you enter a game, it loads most of the vitals but doesn't load the heroes until after they're picked and the game starts. It then keeps everything it's loaded in memory, increasing the load the more heroes get picked as you play.

Nah, it doesnt work like this unless Valve sucks at coding which I dont think they do. All the memory heroes allocate are freed when you leave a game. Or atleast it should. You are however most likely correct that heroes arent loaded before they are picked tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post

He's talking about processor overload, not RAM. I think there is some sort of busy-waiting in the menu.

how do you guys build Alchemist?
    Im almost positive that IAS build is the way to go, yet still wouldnt mind a couple suggestions
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2013-01-21 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    Branches, regen and soul ring recipe/stout/quelling depending on lane I'm up against.

By now, pretty much anything depending on the situation. Alchemist can do a lot of things. Radiance rush, Shadow Blade ganking, Vanguard if you can stall until damage items and feel like you need it.
    If you're just going full-on damage, Mjollnir, AC, Basher, BKB, etc works.

and howbout Hand of Midas?
    yay, or nay?

Deleted
    If you can get it early enough that your midgame power is not impaired, Midas is worth it on literally every hero.
    It all depends on your timing.

uh-huh...
    thanks for feedback, will think about it

I just imagined something like Soul Ring ->(boots) Midas -> Maelstrom-> Mjolnir->AC-> dunno what

Deleted
    Honestly if I did go Midas on Alch, I'd do it before either Soul Ring or Boots as by the time he gets those items he can already easily farm the jungle for free Greed gold and he may as well spend his advantage ganking...but maybe that's just the way I prefer to play. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    how do you guys build Alchemist?
    Im almost positive that IAS build is the way to go, yet still wouldnt mind a couple suggestions
    IAS build with a basher is terrifying. You can get to start permastunning people at like 25 minutes or something.

Why is PL's agility gain so high? 4.2 seems pretty damned excessive.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    You know those game where the enemy just farm you in base because they are feeded to much and the score board says 40-11? And then they just wait for us to spawn in the base and kill you over and over and creeps have to finnish the game? I'm glad those idiots arent sitting next to me and I dont have a gun... It is pissing me off and everyone else when you drag the game out, should be a way to stop that it's so fucking lame. Report for game abuse or something.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    You know those game where the enemy just farm you in base because they are feeded to much and the score board says 40-11? And then they just wait for us to spawn in the base and kill you over and over and creeps have to finnish the game? I'm glad those idiots arent sitting next to me and I dont have a gun... It is pissing me off and everyone else when you drag the game out, should be a way to stop that it's so fucking lame. Report for game abuse or something.
    Solution: sell everything you got and buy blink dagger, jump in jungle wait for the end. Or you could just not bother and die in base.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why is PL's agility gain so high? 4.2 seems pretty damned excessive.
    No attack modifiers, actually one of the weaker hypers in my opinion. His only real strength is getting an army of clones that is impossible to kill, but that takes him a very long time. Even when he has diffusal/manta/heart he can't run in by himself and kill 4 people like a Void or AM or Medusa could, he's still just a pusher. The high agility gain gives him some sort of damage (agility being one of the only way to increase illusion damage, too) compared to other carries and also gives him some power in lane. Other heroes have better escapes and defense mechanisms, so it seems fair to give PL faster armor/damage gain early on. He usually only gets to CS by lance spamming his enemy away in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    No attack modifiers, actually one of the weaker hypers in my opinion. His only real strength is getting an army of clones that is impossible to kill, but that takes him a very long time. Even when he has diffusal/manta/heart he can't run in by himself and kill 4 people like a Void or AM or Medusa could, he's still just a pusher. The high agility gain gives him some sort of damage (agility being one of the only way to increase illusion damage, too) compared to other carries and also gives him some power in lane. Other heroes have better escapes and defense mechanisms, so it seems fair to give PL faster armor/damage gain early on. He usually only gets to CS by lance spamming his enemy away in the first place.
    This pretty much covers it. Upping his agility reduced PL's item dependency to deal damage, allowing you to build for health (or just non-agility items) freely without worrying about your illusions hitting for nothing when it matters.